Onyx
Adit
urbaNRoots
Dante
55 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Should he stay or leave ?

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 8 Vote_lcap29%Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 8 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 14 ]
Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 8 Vote_lcap50%Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 8 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 24 ]
Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 8 Vote_lcap21%Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 8 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 48

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 8 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Surag wrote:Mole sounded like Carlton Palmer yesterday when he said that Van Persie isnt world class Laughing

He(Palmer) is the same guy who thinks Ibra isnt world class BTW.Joke of a pundit.

I was serious.... Messi, Rooney, Aguero, Ibra, Benzema, Falcao and Gomez are all better.

1 great season does'nt change that, if it did after Adebayor's one great season people would have called him world class.
Messi,Ibra and Falcao are better imo.Aguero is arguable and RVP is better than Benz and Gomez imo.

vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 8 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Gil Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Falcao isn't better than RVP. He's the ultimate poacher, the modern RVN but he offers nothing outside the box. RVP may not be as clinical as Falcao but he's a better all round footballer. They're equal at the very least.

Benz isn't a striker anymore.

Roooooonaaaaaaaay lol. Get the f**k out ffs.

Messi & Ibra agreed.

Gomez ffs. Might as well add Huntelaar to that list as well. Jesus Christ.

Aguero lol. Come on.

Missi, El Tigre, RVP & Ibra. Those are the best strikers in the World imo. And if your criteria for being WC is being among the Top 4 in the World then he definitely is.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Surag wrote:Mole sounded like Carlton Palmer yesterday when he said that Van Persie isnt world class Laughing

He(Palmer) is the same guy who thinks Ibra isnt world class BTW.Joke of a pundit.

I was serious.... Messi, Rooney, Aguero, Ibra, Benzema, Falcao and Gomez are all better.

1 great season does'nt change that, if it did after Adebayor's one great season people would have called him world class.

I agree with Mole's line of reasoning. One season of good play does not make you world class.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:36 pm

it's not like he's played 8 seasons worth of football and only managed 1 excellent season. He's been injured for most of his career and this is the one season where he managed to stay healthy and show his talents

Adebayshit hasn't had so much as a cough in his career and has been utter shite bar one season at Arsenal
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:37 pm

While some may feel RvP is justified to leave for trophies and money etc, I strongly disagree, on two counts.

1. He owes Arsenal and esp AW a lot, this is the first good season he's had, the club has stood by him during his injuries for 7 years, and he has one good season and he's off. This is totally unacceptable. AW said a week ago that he's stood by RvP all these times, and hoped RvP would end his career at Arsenal, a huge bitchslap on Arsene Wenger's face.Nobody will accept that.

2. While some expected him to leave, the manner in which he did so was totally unacceptable. He realized probably only Juventus were interested, so independent of the club he issued a "come and get me" plea to other clubs. Utterly disrespectful and leaves the board helpless, and may bring down his price down by 8-10million pounds, more damage to a self sustaining club. He could have let the club silently continue negotiations with other clubs to get the best possible price.

Unfortunately I've lost all the respect for him. This shows that players kissing the badge means nothing nowadays.

Arsenal have never had a problem replacing strikers , they replaced Wright, Henry, Adebayor, Eduardo, and have replaced RvP already.
Hope they win something next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Are you talking about the same Wenger who offers only one season contracts to a player when he hits 30?

Yeah, RVP is completely justified in what he is doing.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 pm

kiranr wrote:
Are you talking about the same Wenger who offers only one season contracts to a player when he hits 30?

Rosicky was given a new contract

Henry and lehamnn were signed

we brought that rule when the debt was still high

its out
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:26 pm

I think if Arsenal went out and bought someone like Gotze, then maybe it could of made a difference. Thing is, Arsenal need to go for players that are linked with Man City, since they always go for top players.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:26 pm

aleumdance wrote:
kiranr wrote:

Rosicky was given a new contract

Henry and lehamnn were signed

we brought that rule when the debt was still high

its out

Yes, that was the reason.

I am sure RVP has his own reasons and they look perfectly alright to me. Just because the club stuck by you in your bad times, it does not mean that you should stick with them when there is a fundamental difference in the way you want things to pan out.

But he should not have made a public statement like this. That was wrong.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:41 pm

I think rvp needn't be blamed for wanting to go away. Whatever his reason to leave, he had stayed true to his club all these years. He didn't act like a douche, he was on good terms with almost all his team-mates,he celebrates each of his goals for us the way a fan would...i don't know, all these kind of things are enough for me to respect him. A player needn't sign a life-long contract with us to become a true gunner. Look at Henry.

Guys, we shouldn't even be mad...and we are used to this kind of stuff, ffs!
We always have a player each season who scores 20+ goals...or someone who carry us, if you have noticed.Didn't a lot of gooners wet themselves when fabregasm and nasri left us? Then rvp stepped up.And now, Poldi and giroud along with walcott are enough to make us ejaculate.

Even with rvp leaving, we will have a better season than last.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Gil your overrating RVP's ability outside the box he is'nt the same player he was.... both of him and Rooney have lost technical ability to be more lethal in front of goal although Rooney is better IMO.

Gomez and Falcao are superior goalscorers and when discussing forwards thats all i care about.

Also lol @ Aguero? may i ask why? he's more dangerous inside the box and outside the box and done it for longer than RVP has despite the fact he's 5 or 6 years younger.

Benz is just as much a striker as Messi or Ibra is again he is superior forward to RVP..... playing shit for France means nothing.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

mtfootball wrote:I think if Arsenal went out and bought someone like Gotze, then maybe it could of made a difference. Thing is, Arsenal need to go for players that are linked with Man City, since they always go for top players.

....we already have those players.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Gil your overrating RVP's ability outside the box he is'nt the same player he was.... both of him and Rooney have lost technical ability to be more lethal in front of goal although Rooney is better IMO.

Gomez and Falcao are superior goalscorers and when discussing forwards thats all i care about.

Also lol @ Aguero? may i ask why? he's more dangerous inside the box and outside the box and done it for longer than RVP has despite the fact he's 5 or 6 years younger.

Benz is just as much a striker as Messi or Ibra is again he is superior forward to RVP..... playing shit for France means nothing.

Mole cheers
What about the possibility that RVP won't find a buyer this term? eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Gil your overrating RVP's ability outside the box he is'nt the same player he was.... both of him and Rooney have lost technical ability to be more lethal in front of goal although Rooney is better IMO.

Roonay never had RVP's techincal ability. No idea what you're on about. He can't dribble anymore sure but that had nothing to do with technique. He got past players mostly through power rather than skill. He was never Drogba MK2 who could do both.

Isn't the same outside the box ffs. GTFOH you troll Laughing Laughing Laughing

He was top 3 in chances created p/g among strikers in Europe last year. You can probably guess the other two.

Falcao is an elite poacher but he's actually decent outside the box. Don't compare him to Lolmez ffs. He's very good at holding the ball up. He's decent at linking up with others not as good as other players obviously but he gets the job done. Look how useless Gomez was in the Italy semi. When the chances aren't coming he's completely exposed. Better than RVP ffs. Where's the Lucas smiley when you need it?

Any competent CB can lock down Aguero. Not sure he's in the WC bracket yet, still has plenty to learn. Such a predictable player and he's not efficient in front of goal either.

How's he more dangerous outside the box than RVP btw? Then again this is the same guy who blew his load over him raping a newly promoted side who only got into the PL through the playoffs. Laughing

Benz is a False GK now lol. Stop mentioning him. Ronaldo & Alonso have ruined him. Should be better than RVP but he needs to leave Madrid first.

Mole going full retard here. You know the rules....... Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Alonso has ruined Benz? lol...think for one second here....the only person in the entire team who Benz consistently makes world class striker like runs off the ball for is Xabi.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Explain his newfound fetish for dropping so deep then?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm

I have been hyping Aguero since his first season at Pathetico and the only one who said Aguero would rape PL long before he joined when everyone else here said he's too weak for PL and that crap :coffee: Laughing

And he has done a lot more than RVP at this level.....

Also as far any competent CB can lock down Aguero goes i could really say the same for RVP..... you are giving him far too much credit for his 1 great season.

The fact he averages 9 goals a season for previous 8 seasons says it all.

Also....

Mole going full retard here. You know the rules.......

Benz is a False GK now lol. Stop mentioning him. Ronaldo & Alonso have ruined him. Should be better than RVP but he needs to leave Madrid first.

Look who's talking Laughing you dont accuse of people of going full retard and then go full retard yourself ffs Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:08 pm

>He's better than all their attacking midfielders at creating chances when dropping deep, it's not a newfound fetish, it's what he does on a regular basis for us to feed Ronaldo.

>He's not an out and out striker who attacks the box waiting for crosses , he drops deep or plays with his back to goal, engineers something and then makes late runs.Almost all his goals come off return passes and plays he either the orchestrator of or is heavily involved in producing.

>The only time it makes sense for him to make a true off the ball run is for a long ball, of which Alonso is the main provider. The usual procedure is an Alonso long ball through the air to somewhere in and around the box so he can kill it like only he can. That's the only time he makes those runs is because he's sure Alonso can actually get it to him.

Other than that, don't ask me why he doesn't make early runs and try to get in front of defenders , I just have never seen him do it....it means less time on the ball less time to work his shot the way he wants to work it, that's just not how he plays and it never has been, stop acting like he suddenly stopped doing it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Why do I have a feeling he will end up with a weird injury !!
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Because he's been injured every season aside from last season? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:18 pm

This thread is going full retard if anything...

Gil wrote:Benz is a False GK now lol. Stop mentioning him. Ronaldo & Alonso have ruined him. Should be better than RVP but he needs to leave Madrid first.

Stop rating a player over how he performs in international level. He doesn't play like that for Real Madrid. If anything, anyone who has watched Real Madrid this season knows he is more of a "9.5". Not a 10 but not a 9 either. He is both.

Le Samourai wrote:Other than that, don't ask me why he doesn't make early runs and try to get in front of defenders , I just have never seen him do it....it means less time on the ball less time to work his shot the way he wants to work it, that's just not how he plays and it never has been, stop acting like he suddenly stopped doing it.

Really? Never seen him do it? Just watch his goals this season, I'm sure there is one.....

BTW, the "Benz isn't a striker anymore" thing that people has been saying lately has been annoying me. It's stupid. First off becouse it's been the one thing Mourinho has worked with him on. Second is becouse anyone who has watched our season knows Mourinho has been screaming from the touchline to him whenever he stays too deep. He isn't allowed to do that for us, he immedietly will be told by Mourinho to stop it. Third, he doesn't play like a 10 for us. He doesn't need to, Özil does that job for us. (and occasionally, Di Maria)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:33 pm

His goals were tap-ins ?

Yea, that volley vs. Everton was a tap in
That amazing brace at Anfield the day Arsenal should have lost 6-0 was a tap-in, which re-ignited Arsenal's season and spured them on for 4th place

That goal vs United at Emirates assisted by AOC was tap-in

That hattrick at SB was a tap-in

Laughing

That 2nd goal vs Spurs just before half time was a tap-in

That brace vs Sunderland was a tap-in brace for sure, or coming off the bench vs Stoke to win the game Laughing

and many many more games

The guy scored in almost EVERY SINGLE BIG GAME Arsenal played last season, and scored amazing goals

What ungrateful people you are. Even I am not that bitter about Torres. Fact is, had it not been for RVP, Arsenal would not have finished top 10 last season.

I don't hate Arsenal , but I am happy about this, mainly because you can get off your high horse of achieving 4th place trophy (something that would not have even got you CL football this year had it not been for Ben Foster's injury in the last game) , and bleating it.

When RVP is 50 and telling his kids about his career. He won't rave about winning the 4th place trophy for 10 years in a row, that's for sure.

He saw likes of Vieira, Henry, Cex, Nasri, hell even Flamini leave the club and win stuff. The same way Torres' move to Chelsea is now completely justified and even I can't say a single bad word about it.

It's football. As Bill Shankly said: "You are either first, or you are nothing"

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:35 pm

So Shearer's career means nothing? cool story bro
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:37 pm

There may be a couple but that's intense coaching from Mou though and I definitely hope he continues.

He makes runs but usually to the far post and from behind the play. Even when he makes runs early he is somewhat ineffective with them like against Valencia .

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Gil wrote:Explain his newfound fetish for dropping so deep then?

he is not a 9,hence dropping deep.

Plus Ronaldo.

Xabi has nothing to do with it.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:28 am

Why the *bleep* do you have a nazi symbol in your sig?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next