Die Borussen
Mr Nick09
zarola
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The truth about Barcelona Empty The truth about Barcelona

Post by zarola Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:50 pm

They are the best team in the world, they are the team to beat. People want to see them lose, because it is no fun seeing the same team win all of the time and it is frustrating to see the cockiness of an opposition build up, especially if you are rivals like Real Madrid fans. The truth is, in every football match there are controversial moments: some alter the games decisions, others do not. Barcelona do not pay the referees, refereeing decisions in favour of Barcelona stand out to you because they are always effecting the chances of the opposing team defeating Barcelona. A good team will not be effected by a couple of faulty refereeing decisions in one match. Take for example, Inter Milan in 2010, they received a red card against Barcelona and had to play against ten men: yet, they managed to hold Barcelona to a one goal to progress through. Take for example, Italy in 2006, an unjust penalty in the world cup final : yet they still won the world cup. Take for example, the first leg of the match for Barcelona: yet they still managed a 0-0 draw. Take for example, a red card for Italy against Australia; yet they still managed to win the match (yet people complain about a refereeing decision on a last minute penalty). If Australia were good enough to go through, the fate of the game wouldn't have relied on a 90th minute decision by the referee, it would have been decided earlier by decisive play.

Likewise with Barcelona, they have refereeing decisions FOR and AGAINST them, just like any other team. The decisions AGAINST Barcelona are not a big deal because they are good enough team to not have to rely on referee's decisions. The decisions FOR Barcelona are a HUGE deal for others because Barcelona is a hard enough team to beat to begin with so it would take an incredible performance to overcome a refereeing error like that. Essentially, the more you hate and call Barcelona cheaters, the more you're showing your envy and jealousy toward their ability. The complaining about refereeing decisions here is absolutely pathetic.

I do NOT think that Nesta's was a penalty and the only reason why it infuriates me [and why I was getting angry in the chat] is because it will overshadow one of Nesta's typical legendary performances against the greatest players in the world.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The truth about Barcelona Empty Re: The truth about Barcelona

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:58 pm

+1

Wise words, although i have to say that the repetition of such calls FOR them and the extent by which the opposition is punished when they have calls against them is particularly infuriating.

It's as if there is no balance between decisions on both sides. That's really what get people upset i think.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:15 am

messi's 1st penalty award was offside

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:18 am

When has Barcelona ever had an unjustifiable (serious) penalty called against them, penalty kick, playing with 10 men etc. ? Anyone remember one? Curious.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:+1

Wise words, although i have to say that the repetition of such calls FOR them and the extent by which the opposition is punished when they have calls against them is particularly infuriating.

It's as if there is no balance between decisions on both sides. That's really what get people upset i think.
Oh there is balance, just the calls for are much more talked about than the ones against (Barcelona don't talk about the referee)

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:31 am

deadrave wrote:messi's 1st penalty award was offside

really ? is there a screen for that !? o.O
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:34 am

No it wasn't offside because Nesta intercepted xavi's pass which messi then won and nesta fouled him resulting in a pen
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 am

zarola wrote:They are the best team in the world, they are the team to beat. People want to see them lose, because it is no fun seeing the same team win all of the time and it is frustrating to see the cockiness of an opposition build up, especially if you are rivals like Real Madrid fans. The truth is, in every football match there are controversial moments: some alter the games decisions, others do not. Barcelona do not pay the referees, refereeing decisions in favour of Barcelona stand out to you because they are always effecting the chances of the opposing team defeating Barcelona. A good team will not be effected by a couple of faulty refereeing decisions in one match. Take for example, Inter Milan in 2010, they received a red card against Barcelona and had to play against ten men: yet, they managed to hold Barcelona to a one goal to progress through. Take for example, Italy in 2006, an unjust penalty in the world cup final : yet they still won the world cup. Take for example, the first leg of the match for Barcelona: yet they still managed a 0-0 draw. Take for example, a red card for Italy against Australia; yet they still managed to win the match (yet people complain about a refereeing decision on a last minute penalty). If Australia were good enough to go through, the fate of the game wouldn't have relied on a 90th minute decision by the referee, it would have been decided earlier by decisive play.

Likewise with Barcelona, they have refereeing decisions FOR and AGAINST them, just like any other team. The decisions AGAINST Barcelona are not a big deal because they are good enough team to not have to rely on referee's decisions. The decisions FOR Barcelona are a HUGE deal for others because Barcelona is a hard enough team to beat to begin with so it would take an incredible performance to overcome a refereeing error like that. Essentially, the more you hate and call Barcelona cheaters, the more you're showing your envy and jealousy toward their ability. The complaining about refereeing decisions here is absolutely pathetic.

I do NOT think that Nesta's was a penalty and the only reason why it infuriates me [and why I was getting angry in the chat] is because it will overshadow one of Nesta's typical legendary performances against the greatest players in the world.

:lol!:
You realized that matches are 90 minutes long. Is there something wrong with playing good defense and than having decisions go against you causing you to lose ? Not saying that's what happened but still...

Do teams that win in injury time not deserve to go through ? Thats what that sounds like to me or maybe Im just missing your point.

Just saying defense wins championships

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:36 am

leemhuis wrote:When has Barcelona ever had an unjustifiable (serious) penalty called against them, penalty kick, playing with 10 men etc. ? Anyone remember one? Curious.

Inter..Bojan scored a perfectly fine goal ruled out for nothing.

Would of sent us through.

Or how about Abidal getting sent off vs Chelsea for Anelka tripping over his own feet?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:37 am

pUsHa wrote:
deadrave wrote:messi's 1st penalty award was offside

really ? is there a screen for that !? o.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19VQaWmrESw&feature=player_embedded

wasnt offside really since antonini put the ball to messi's feet i think
credits to cbarca for finding the video
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:11 am

The Franchise wrote:
leemhuis wrote:When has Barcelona ever had an unjustifiable (serious) penalty called against them, penalty kick, playing with 10 men etc. ? Anyone remember one? Curious.

Or how about Abidal getting sent off vs Chelsea for Anelka tripping over his own feet?

There is one that everyone just forgets...Rooney's equaliser (giggs was offside) in the UCL FINAL itself...doesn't get bigger than that

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:18 am

The Franchise wrote:

Whistle had blown already for Toure' hand ball. Bojan should have receive yellow for shooting in goal. Maybe you watch a different match.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:12 am

Ok just a couple of things to comment on. Firstly, Antonini was completely at fault for the first goal , nothing to do with Nesta, please do not confuse the two. Antonini's first touch killed them and his poor last ditched effort fouled Messi.

Secondly, leemhuis is right about the hand ball incident against Inter, however, I'm pretty sure Milito's goal in the 3-1 game was offside, but that cancels with the red card Inter incurred in the second match (although I think playing with 10 men away is worse than one home goal), there's incidents for and against both teams in every match.

Barca had a couple of penalty claims against Milan in the first leg, stuff happens, it's just how it goes.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 am

I Have Mono wrote:
:lol!:
You realized that matches are 90 minutes long. Is there something wrong with playing good defense and than having decisions go against you causing you to lose ? Not saying that's what happened but still...

Do teams that win in injury time not deserve to go through ? Thats what that sounds like to me or maybe Im just missing your point.

Just saying defense wins championships

Playing with 10 men is not a time to get defensive, Italy were the team forced to play defensively because of a red card that should have never existed. A good defense may win championships but you need goals to win you games and Australia were unable to score in a full 90 minute match against Italy where the majority of the match they were playing with a man up, to say they deserved to go through is ridiculous. A strong, convincing team would've taken advantage of the situation and grabbed a dignified lead on the game to the point where a last minute decision would mean nothing. If it were Australia who were with ten men, it is likely that any top team would've taken the lead and held it and the "poor refereeing" at the end of the game would've been nothing but a meaningless consolation.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 am

I came into this thread prepared for the worse, and found a gust of fresh air. +1 to the OP, it's incredibly refreshing to read that from a non-Barca fan.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_HvVfrKgYY
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 am

It is incredible how this thread has next to no replies when Zarola is probably the only one amongst us who is making the most sense.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:53 am

kiranr wrote:It is incredible how this thread has next to no replies when Zarola is probably the only one amongst us who is making the most sense.
lol so true. zarola--post of the year, should be stickied. not because im a barcelona fan, but because the blind logic that can be so rampant here is getting old.
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by steve_smith Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:19 am

The Franchise wrote:

I absolutely hate when people bring up Bojan's goal when there was a CLEAR handball in the play. A blind man could see it.
Bojan scored a perfectly fine goal. Big LOL on that one.

steve_smith
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:23 am

steve_smith wrote:

I absolutely hate when people bring up Bojan's goal when there was a CLEAR handball in the play. A blind man could see it.

Yaya's arm was tucked into his body. The rules state that when the ball hits the arm when the arm is part of the body, then it is not a handball.

Look up the rules Steve.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:25 am

Actually there was one time when barce where reduced to 10 men. We played them at Emirates, Puyol was behind Fabregas, Fab's legs got caught between Puyol's legs and he fell over. Clear penalty really. It was unintentional but it clearly denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:28 am

kiranr wrote:
steve_smith wrote:

Yaya's arm was tucked into his body. The rules state that when the ball hits the arm when the arm is part of the body, then it is not a handball.

Look up the rules Steve.
Actually that's true. Kinda like how Robinho got a handball for the same thing today.

But it is true what you say. But lemme ask you something Kiranr coz i don't remember what the rule book says about this, if you're hands are on your chest but the ball hits them and completely changes the direction of the ball, in regards to what would've happened if the ball hit the oppositions chest. Is that a handball? Coz i know that some handballs, aren't handballs because the arm hasn't actually changed the direction of the ball or if it did it was very minor and irrelevant....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by steve_smith Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 am

kiranr wrote:
steve_smith wrote:

Look up the rules Steve.

He played the ball with his hand. Any ref would call that. It was way to obvious and effected the direction of ball.

Not to mention, the "goal" came after the whistle blew and Bojan continued play........... something your opponents get ejected from match for......

Unbelievable.

steve_smith
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by honduran09 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:02 am

robin van persie did not get a straight red card he got a second yellow which in football math means one yellow + one yellow equals a red card its actually really simple math. So please explain to me why bojan wouldve gotten a red if all he wouldve gotten was a yelow
honduran09
honduran09
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:25 am

This was not a thread to discuss the various ref hiccups that happened in the Barca game. It is a simple declaration of what happens when you are as good as Barca.

However, the difference between Barca and other time greats such as Milan 1988-1994 is that Barca are much more hated and envied. Also, they are more prone to "ref help".

The reason not that Barca are paying anybody, but that the fans now can see the games much better and hence each and every decision that go for Barca and causes their opponent to lose is heavily scrutinized. Since video tech have rapidly improved, we clearly see how ludicrous Nesta's penalty is, and how obvious Busq's dive in the Motta incident. The fans then make the mistake that is was as obvious to the ref with the 90000 fans and the hopes of millions on his back.

Thus we need to relieve the ref by helping him with vid tech, or we will see every team that comes along as strong as Barca hated and abused.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next