Truth about Bekham to PSG

5 posters

Go down

Truth about Bekham to PSG Empty Truth about Bekham to PSG

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:30 am

1- people in France could care less. It won't change a thing... nobody is going to suddenly buy Bekham jerseys or watch PSG because of it. In fact, he's the 5th best midfielder on the team = he shouldn't start.

2- it's clearly for marketing purposes internationally. But how many hard core Bekham fans are there? Are any of you going to want to watch PSG because Bekham is there?

3- he'll get injured within 2 weeks if he plays regularly. It's a very rugged and physical league. not only will he not be protected, i'm sure opposing defenders will target him. I know as a former defender that i would.

Back to top Go down

Truth about Bekham to PSG Empty Re: Truth about Bekham to PSG

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:37 am

He is the most recognized footballer on the planet. It would still give PSG a bigger name in Asian, African and smaller European countries.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:1- people in France could care less. It won't change a thing... nobody is going to suddenly buy Bekham jerseys or watch PSG because of it. In fact, he's the 5th best midfielder on the team = he shouldn't start.

trust me, i thought the same thing about emerton and kewel moving to the a-league, and boy was i wrong, in the first game sydney played the victory (emerton vs kewel) and 40k+ people packed into AAMI park, almost double the previous A-league record attendance not to mention the TV boost, for example i watched that game and it was the first ever (full) A-league game id ever watched and thanks to that 90mins of watching the game on TV ive not got a semi urge to go to a few sydney FC games and definately watch a bit more of them

and im sure theres alot more people like me out there too
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:38 pm

With all due respect sports I don't think your opinion represents everyone in France
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:40 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:He is the most recognized footballer on the planet. It would still give PSG a bigger name in Asian, African and smaller European countries.

Now is he ? Did he really give LA Galaxy a bigger name in Asian, African and smaller European countries ? Was his loan moves to Milan really noticed by the footballing world ?
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:56 pm

drakefyre wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:He is the most recognized footballer on the planet. It would still give PSG a bigger name in Asian, African and smaller European countries.

Now is he ? Did he really give LA Galaxy a bigger name in Asian, African and smaller European countries ? Was his loan moves to Milan really noticed by the footballing world ?

There are a couple of Beckham Milan shirts floating around. As for LA Galaxy, it made them more popular in the U.S. but you can't make the unknown famous if its is unknown. Multiplying by zero.

PSG is a little more than zero though.

Also, Beckham made a decent profit to Milan while he was there.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:59 pm

drakefyre wrote:

usually i only watch serie A if its a derby game eg milan vs inter juve vs inter etc but i watched a few of becks games at milan and they were vs mid table teams, no debies, top of the table clashes etc

ive never watched him at the galaxy though
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down