Van Persie's moment of truth is close

+51
fatman123
The Sanchez
jibers
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
vizkosity
SchinnerC
Red Alert
Amar
BIG$PETER
RED
buddytaller
Arsenalfaithfull
VanDeezNuts
the xcx
Babun
Abramovich
OLpower
guest7
aleumdance
halamadrid2
vivabarca38
TalkingReckless
Be/\/ceCALI
Doc
juventus101
DuringTheWar
Lord Hades
chinomaster182
Dnmac4
7amood11
Rebaño Sagrado
Le Samourai
Twoism
Emaharg
RealGunner
lenear1030
LeVersacci
Swanhends
Albiceleste
Lex
Raptorgunner
S
EarlyPrototype
Ganso
kiranr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Onyx
Adit
urbaNRoots
Dante
55 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Should he stay or leave ?

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 14 ]
Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 24 ]
Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 10 ]
 
Total Votes : 48
 
 

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Swanhends Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Lex wrote:
Anti-DNA wrote:He leaves when he wants :bow:
Technically, we don't need to sell him. Could keep him for another year and let him go on a free next season

So no, he doesn't Laughing

All of my lulz

Arsenal should do this and make him sit on the bench for an entire season Twisted Evil

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 8451
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:49 pm

i suggest reserves
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89402
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Emaharg Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Meh chances are he will go somewhere and be out for the season.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 811
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Twoism Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 pm

If I'm Stan, I will sell him to any club for 10 bucks. That's how much he's worth to us fans right now.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2847
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Sexlade, Fishcott supplying GOATroud and Prince Poldi >>>>>>> Lord Percy Percy

Anyways.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68968
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Giroud and Podolski can't fill RVP's shoes Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:55 pm

I know Arsenal fans are hurting but.....


#TheotoCF2012
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Twoism Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Giroud and Podolski can't fill RVP's shoes Laughing

Which one? the left Judas sandal or the right cast Arsenal medical staff has been using.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2847
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Giroud and Podolski can't fill RVP's shoes Laughing
But he can
Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Tumblr_m5s9huptMj1r9lgoco4_250
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 5928
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Giroud and Podolski can't fill RVP's shoes Laughing

They dont need to...... and yes they can as they 100x the player RVP is.....

RVP is an overrated tap in merchant relying on the brilliant service of Fishcott, Song, Arteta and Sexlade.....

Any striker can look good for Arsenal.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68968
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Lex Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I know Arsenal fans are hurting
There's a chance i could be getting some nookie tonight

You can fit the amount of f*ck i give about this story in this full stop ---->.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:59 pm

lex, "her" ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89402
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Tweet of a guy who works with BBC:

"Van Persie will complete his move to #MCFC within two weeks. Fee of around £22m. Contract worth £225k per week already agreed. #AFC"
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Lex Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:lex, "her" ?
I bloody wish, "she" is in Iran on a holiday Sad

Tonight is just filler until she gets back :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:09 pm

If you read through the lines here it's pretty obvious what happened. When they bought there two new forwards it was always obvious RVP was not going to re sign.

What he did by announcing it now is help Arsenal in the fee's of getting these two players. If RVP came out and said this a while ago which it looks like he's known this for some time then every time Arsenal would be on the market for a forward teams would mark there player up because they know Arsenal has no other choice but to pay the money. IMO he actually helped the club with this timing.

IMO I think RVP wanted the team to break the wage structure to compete with the big boys for trophies. If everyone else is offering huge money and Arsenal refuse to match it then there just not on the same playing field.

Teams like PSG shell out 30 mill plus a huge wage packet for Lavezzi and Arsenal stay within there model and buy Podolski.

Some may say Podolski is a better buy and we will see the difference is that PSG is just getting started spending, And it goes on and on.

Especially in the EPL where you have to fight against City and Chelsea spending and offering massive contracts.

When Chelsea's rumored to buy Hulk and Hazard in the same off season and City doing what ever they want if Arsenal keep there wage structure in place they are just not shopping in the same market.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY CAN'T CHALLENGE FOR TROPHIES OR BEAT THESE TEAMS it just makes it harder when they can freshen up there teams with players like this and the contracts they can offer is really what sets them apart.

At the end of the day I don't think RVP wanted them to spend and bring in new players just for the hell of it. If you can't offer competitive salaries then the players you bring in are going to be on or around the same level as the players you already have and that is why you see Arsenal in a similar position every year for the last 6-7 years.

I think re signing RVP would have caused all sorts of problems for Arsenal and there wage structure plus he really only gave you one world class season by the age of 30. If Arsenal has a model they want to keep in place then not signing RVP is the best way to do it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 pm

dnmac4 wrote:If you read through the lines here it's pretty obvious what happened. When they bought there two new forwards it was always obvious RVP was not going to re sign.

What he did by announcing it now is help Arsenal in the fee's of getting these two players. If RVP came out and said this a while ago which it looks like he's known this for some time then every time Arsenal would be on the market for a forward teams would mark there player up because they know Arsenal has no other choice but to pay the money. IMO he actually helped the club with this timing.

IMO I think RVP wanted the team to break the wage structure to compete with the big boys for trophies. If everyone else is offering huge money and Arsenal refuse to match it then there just not on the same playing field.

Teams like PSG shell out 30 mill plus a huge wage packet for Lavezzi and Arsenal stay within there model and buy Podolski.

Some may say Podolski is a better buy and we will see the difference is that PSG is just getting started spending, And it goes on and on.

Especially in the EPL where you have to fight against City and Chelsea spending and offering massive contracts.

When Chelsea's rumored to buy Hulk and Hazard in the same off season and City doing what ever they want if Arsenal keep there wage structure in place they are just not shopping in the same market.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY CAN'T CHALLENGE FOR TROPHIES OR BEAT THESE TEAMS it just makes it harder when they can freshen up there teams with players like this and the contracts they can offer is really what sets them apart.

At the end of the day I don't think RVP wanted them to spend and bring in new players just for the hell of it. If you can't offer competitive salaries then the players you bring in are going to be on or around the same level as the players you already have and that is why you see Arsenal in a similar position every year for the last 6-7 years.

I think re signing RVP would have caused all sorts of problems for Arsenal and there wage structure plus he really only gave you one world class season by the age of 30. If Arsenal has a model they want to keep in place then not signing RVP is the best way to do it.

Quality post, mate, +1 Thumbs up

Especially agree on the wage structure thing. Arsenal should stick to their safe & sound model.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18235
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:If you read through the lines here it's pretty obvious what happened. When they bought there two new forwards it was always obvious RVP was not going to re sign.

What he did by announcing it now is help Arsenal in the fee's of getting these two players. If RVP came out and said this a while ago which it looks like he's known this for some time then every time Arsenal would be on the market for a forward teams would mark there player up because they know Arsenal has no other choice but to pay the money. IMO he actually helped the club with this timing.

IMO I think RVP wanted the team to break the wage structure to compete with the big boys for trophies. If everyone else is offering huge money and Arsenal refuse to match it then there just not on the same playing field.

Teams like PSG shell out 30 mill plus a huge wage packet for Lavezzi and Arsenal stay within there model and buy Podolski.

Some may say Podolski is a better buy and we will see the difference is that PSG is just getting started spending, And it goes on and on.

Especially in the EPL where you have to fight against City and Chelsea spending and offering massive contracts.

When Chelsea's rumored to buy Hulk and Hazard in the same off season and City doing what ever they want if Arsenal keep there wage structure in place they are just not shopping in the same market.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY CAN'T CHALLENGE FOR TROPHIES OR BEAT THESE TEAMS it just makes it harder when they can freshen up there teams with players like this and the contracts they can offer is really what sets them apart.

At the end of the day I don't think RVP wanted them to spend and bring in new players just for the hell of it. If you can't offer competitive salaries then the players you bring in are going to be on or around the same level as the players you already have and that is why you see Arsenal in a similar position every year for the last 6-7 years.

I think re signing RVP would have caused all sorts of problems for Arsenal and there wage structure plus he really only gave you one world class season by the age of 30. If Arsenal has a model they want to keep in place then not signing RVP is the best way to do it.

Quality post, mate, +1 Thumbs up

Especially agree on the wage structure thing. Arsenal should stick to their safe & sound model.

Thanks man. I know a lot of Arsenal fans are going to be really bitter about this but I just don't think it's that big of a deal. I think signing him would cause more trouble and make more problems then it would solve for a 30 year old injury prone forward.

Plus we keep hearing from Wenger and there fans once they get there injured players back they will be much better so what's the sense in buying new players to please RVP if Wenger likes the ones he has already there just injured at the moment.

Plus Arsenal claims to be in such a great financial situation if I were them I would just hang onto him for his last year and let him walk after that. I mean 22 mill is not that much money in the football world all things being equal and if he reproduced his season this year or came close to it then I think it would be worth the 22 mill.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Giroud and Podolski can't fill RVP's shoes Laughing
But he can
Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Tumblr_m5s9huptMj1r9lgoco4_250
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 990
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:36 pm

[quote="Adit"]
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Adit wrote:I dont see any difference from Nasri and RVP situations here.



Arsenal stick with him in the thick and thin and this is how he repay them.

I wouldnt have blamed him if he was a normal player but he was constantly injured and was simply a wage eater for many years.

imo much worse than Nasri.

the *bleep* was useless , mediorcre and injured for years on end , arsenal and fans loved and stood by him,, one good year and voila, money hungry *bleep*
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Twoism wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Giroud and Podolski can't fill RVP's shoes Laughing

or the right cast Arsenal medical staff has been using.

tbf, i think he uses his own doctors/physios now, since he stopped workking with arsenal's he hasnt been injured
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2870
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by juventus101 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Podolski to do better than Van Persie. You heard it here first. He wont score more goals, but Podolski is more than just scoring goals, unlike Van Persie.

Podolski > Van Persie. You just wait and see. You heard it here first.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2537
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Doc Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:43 pm

After years on the injury table, Ronaldo had a decent/good season at Inter and a wonderful WC campaign. That very same summer, he moved to Real Madrid without much consideration for the patience Inter had with him (even though Inter was greatly compensated).

Moral of the story: Sell your players to Real Madrid. We pay out big time...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15828
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by juventus101 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Podolski to do better than Van Persie. You heard it here first. He wont score more goals, but Podolski is more than just scoring goals, unlike Van Persie.

Podolski > Van Persie. You just wait and see. You heard it here first.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2537
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Bendtner for a regular starter :bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18235
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Goodbye. Can't say i'm not dissapointed but also not surprised.

Wish he went to Juventus instead because they're actually a great club, but the bid they offered was pathetic - but not as surprising after his Euro campaign

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1119
Join date : 2011-10-12
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:51 pm

juventus101 wrote:Podolski to do better than Van Persie. You heard it here first. He wont score more goals, but Podolski is more than just scoring goals, unlike Van Persie.

Podolski > Van Persie. You just wait and see. You heard it here first.

dont dispute podolski but rvp isnt your typical poacher, he is ctually quite good at link up play , and is a very technical and intelligent player. . even in the euros when his finishing was shite , his dribbling ,linking up was still quite good
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's moment of truth is close - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Persie's moment of truth is close

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum