MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon May 14, 2012 11:38 pm

BBC also mentioned that a final decision is unlikely to be made before the Euro's, so we shouldn't be expecting anything from that meeting.

I might be alone in this opinion, but I think we should not sell van Persie even if he doesn't sign a new contract.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Van Persie agent admits to Manchester City meeting hmm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/05/14/3103325/van-persie-agent-admits-to-manchester-city-meeting
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:BBC also mentioned that a final decision is unlikely to be made before the Euro's, so we shouldn't be expecting anything from that meeting.

I might be alone in this opinion, but I think we should not sell van Persie even if he doesn't sign a new contract.

if true then we are in for another long-crap summer :facepalm:
if no new deal agreed i would rather sell to QPR to piss off those mercenaries
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Would you hate RVP for joining Citeh? would you boo him?
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon May 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Van Persie agent admits to Manchester City meeting hmm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/05/14/3103325/van-persie-agent-admits-to-manchester-city-meeting

:vagi:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 14, 2012 11:49 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:BBC also mentioned that a final decision is unlikely to be made before the Euro's, so we shouldn't be expecting anything from that meeting.

If our captain does not want to sign and wants to leave what is the point of keeping him? every week there will be new drama created by the media and could be more harmful than good.

Compared to some of the players we have lost, who is RVP?

Podolski is here and can very well replaced him.

I love RVP and hope he would sign a long contract and enjoy the summer with out any headache. If a player wants to leave a club after years of believing in him and paying his medical while on international duty, than he is no different than Nasri to me.

If RVP joins City, he was never a Gunner.

I *bleep* hate City more than any other club I have hated, I know there is no way RVP would leave Arsenal for city.

The only team I can see him going to is Barcelona.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon May 14, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Van Persie agent admits to Manchester City meeting hmm

The headline is misleading. Van Persie's agent has many different clients. Him meeting at Man City is most likely unrelated to van Persie.

if true then we are in for another long-crap summer :facepalm:
if no new deal agreed i would rather sell to QPR to piss off those mercenaries

A new contract doesn't have to be agreed there and then. What's likely to happen, I think, is that Wenger and Gazidis will outline the terms of a new deal and discuss what their plans are for next season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon May 14, 2012 11:51 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

The headline is misleading. Van Persie's agent has many different clients. Him meeting at Man City is most likely unrelated to van Persie.

Honda to City

Kagawa to Man U

“I am not just the agent for Robin. I also represent Thomas Vermaelen, Keisuke Honda, Jeremain Lens and Stefan de Vrij.”

FFP Asian shirt salesssss
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue May 15, 2012 12:07 am

First of all i doubt RVP would want to go to City. He has never been after money but he may wanna go after trophies. If Arsenal however assure him that by buying players that are needed then i think he is going to stay. I have strange feelings about this and i think he is going to leave.

I like RVP more than any player in current arsenal squad and i wouldnt be pissed if he leaves for club outside PL. But if he however ends up in city then i'll hate him as i hate Nasri. I liked Nasri and he was one of my favorite player in arsenal. But the way he left and the way he talked in press made me hate him more.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue May 15, 2012 12:17 am

djoe26 wrote:First of all i doubt RVP would want to go to City. He has never been after money but he may wanna go after trophies. If Arsenal however assure him that by buying players that are needed then i think he is going to stay. I have strange feelings about this and i think he is going to leave.

I like RVP more than any player in current arsenal squad and i wouldnt be pissed if he leaves for club outside PL. But if he however ends up in city then i'll hate him as i hate Nasri. I liked Nasri and he was one of my favorite player in arsenal. But the way he left and the way he talked in press made me hate him more.

If that ever happens, it only confirm that football is dead. Lets wait until Euro is over. I know the fans want to sort out the deal asap since we don't want to repeat Fab saga but the players might have different agenda in mind, especially for someone like RVP who goes to Euro as tittle contender.

Lets focus on other contract talk 1st since I have feeling RVP deal wont be sorted out anytime soon, probably late in the summer.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 15, 2012 8:13 am

As much as RVP has done for us, yes. I would hate him if he joined City. We supported him through his pre-madonna attitude problems and injuries when no one was interested in him and so the reward of his world class play is the least he can give back to the club in return. If he joined City it would be a money/backstabbing move as if he stayed we'd have the firepower to win any trophy. If he leaves to City it would be the ultimate betrayal as he'd be acknowledging that he had no faith in our ability to win and would instead strengthen our rivals.

The only way he can keep his place in my high held esteem if he had to leave would be to move outside of the EPL.

That all being said, I doubt he'd go to City. And for 25 mill?!?! Yeah right.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 am

You know what's funny? Theo is in the same situation as RVP but so far none of us talked about it, I would love if Wenger sort out Theo contract before Euro.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Tue May 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Twoism wrote:You know what's funny? Theo is in the same situation as RVP but so far none of us talked about it, I would love if Wenger sort out Theo contract before Euro.

I like Theo, and don't want to see him go... But I think if we lost him, it would't be the end of the world. We have Podolski, Gervinho, The Ox, and Myachi that can all play on the wings. Ox and Ryo are outstanding prospects as well. If anything, Theo leaving would give an opportunity to both Ox and Ryo to step up.

But, I'd rather see him not leave. I think he can still contribute and play a big part for us- especially with a healthy Sagna (I hope..)

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue May 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Theo is a player who if we lose right now to a rival could cause havoc... he isn't even in his prime and could be deadly in the future.... i rather it not be anywhere else other then arsenal
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Legend wrote:Theo is a player who if we lose right now to a rival could cause havoc... he isn't even in his prime and could be deadly in the future.... i rather it not be anywhere else other then arsenal

True- we sometimes forget how old he is. He does need to add more to his game though. Right now he is all pace. No trickery, can't beat defenders one on one, finishing is off and on, his first touch leaves a lot to be desired.. He does make intelligent runs though, which is good to see. But yeah, he needs to work on some things for sure. I hope he doesn't turn into SWP

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue May 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Legend wrote:Theo is a player who if we lose right now to a rival could cause havoc... he isn't even in his prime and could be deadly in the future.... i rather it not be anywhere else other then arsenal

I can agree with this to an extent. I cant see him developing much more anywhere else, but if he's played as a Striker he'd be able to show his true potential
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Theo is not going anywhere.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue May 15, 2012 7:40 pm

When Kagawa is asked if he's staying at BVB, a teammate says "Ask Arsene Wenger"

http://t.co/Hwuutvu3

hmm

(thanks to @th14Renato on twitter for vid)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:When Kagawa is asked if he's staying at BVB, a teammate says "Ask Arsene Wenger"

http://t.co/Hwuutvu3

hmm

(thanks to @th14Renato on twitter for vid)

Very interesting, it would be nice to intercept someone ELSE's transfer target for once.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Linked with 2 players who would kill off or stunt youth player careers?

Is... is Wenger finally done with his youth project?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue May 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Linked with 2 players who would kill off or stunt youth player careers?

Is... is Wenger finally done with his youth project?

More competition for starting spots>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

that shouldn't stunt younger players, it makes them earn their place.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Sick to death of youngsters and youth. Couldn't give a shit if it stunts someone's progression in the team anymore. I want to win a trophy
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue May 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Lex wrote:Sick to death of youngsters and youth. Couldn't give a shit if it stunts someone's progression in the team anymore. I want to win a trophy
Thumbs up
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Yann M'Vila tells RMC Radio in France he will make his decision on his future after Sunday's game with Dijon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 15, 2012 9:44 pm

Well, let's be honest. How many youngsters do we have that can genuinely become good first team players? Coquelin, Wilshere, Chamberlain, Miyaichi, Campbell, and...?

Signing Kagawa really won't effect those players and heck, it'd probably be better for them if they played less games. Young players playing too many games isn't a good thing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Lex wrote:Sick to death of youngsters and youth. Couldn't give a shit if it stunts someone's progression in the team anymore. I want to win a trophy
I'm completely with you on this one, it's just that after so many years it seems this could have been done a lot sooner...

Agreed, Jay. There's actually more failed youth prospects at the club than potentially successful ones.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next