*Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

+18
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Ganso
Katy Perry
federichzoller
Noonan22
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Valkyrja
Soul
the xcx
Chelsea786
Abramovich
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kick
fatman123
iNFINITY9910
Blue Barrett
Blue
Onyx
22 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer? - Page 12 Empty Re: *Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:58 am

I actually prefer Sturridge to start beside Torres tbh... lol

iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer? - Page 12 Empty Re: *Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Kick Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:06 am

lszanto wrote:
Soul wrote:Agree with infinity

He's not needed THAT much. Only reason is to offer strength and more goals/assists up front. But speaking of strength, Torres is pretty underrated. He's no Drogba, but he is no pushover either

I won't be unhappy if our final signing is a RB

That is why he is needed. Last season in the PL we were poor because we struggled to beat the lower teams simply because we were not dangerous enough imo. We'd play against a team like Norwich and we'd have 60%+ possession and all the shots in the world yet Norwich would have 2 shots on target and at least one of them would go in.

A player like Hulk is somebody who can grind out a win, his long shooting is an absolutely underrated asset. Look at the amount of "own goals" united get from shooting outside the box and deflecting off a player. They win year after year because they create their own luck. If a team parks the bus against them they don't have any decent midfielders to find the pass so what do they do? They just shoot and get their so called "luck".

I know the goals might not seem like much but what about when it comes December and Torres is still struggling, would you not prefer that somebody like Hulk can contribute and make up for a lack of goals?

I'm quite sure we'll still get a right back but after winning the CL and having a few players leave I feel we should reinforce our squad with some world class players that are game changers.

I'm not saying it's a disaster if we don't get him but I feel he would improve our game immensely while we wait for players like De Bruyne, Kakuta, Piazon and others to get to first 11 material.

If we did have Hulk RW aswell it would support having Ivanovic RB as he is defensively sound and could make up for a lack of defending from Hulk.

Sturridge for me on the other hand should be backup CF. If Torres can't get going then I think Sturridge has earnt the right to be played at his proper position or at least be given a go.

I agree with this.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:56 am

As good as Bran is at defending he will get raped 2v1 having two defensively weak wingers plus Mata just won't work. Hazard will chip in with goals and assists for sure.
Last season our success in 4231 had 2 very sound hard working wingers, a team needs balance and shape especially since we haven't signed a new cm yet.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:00 am

Just having a bit of fun on Fifa, Bought in Both the Bender boys for 24m each. and Debuchy for 15m.

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Bender Bender
Ramires Mata Hazard
Torres

Now I wish Roman would do what I did.

Mr. Abramovich, if you are reading this. Listen to me! Please!

Also gave them the Numbers 13 and 31 just to be cute.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:06 am

i tried to get Lars Bender for my WBA team but Cesena wanted ridiculous money for him Sad

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:11 am

They are like a DM version of Ramires, the both of them. They just keep running and running.

IMO, Playing both of them and Ramires would work well and mean HazMat won't have to defend as much, it would also allow Ashley the LW as long as one notices his runs and covers him. I would be all for it.

Too bad we are not linked to either Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Lars has slightly more than Sven in his locker imo, either would be awesome though.

If we looking at German CM's though that Gungolan I cant even spell his name so I ain't even going to bother, but that guy is a badass.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:43 pm

I know who you mean, he looks fantastic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:48 am

Another option is to throw ~65m at Porto and try get Moutinho and Hulk.

then 10m at Lille to get Debuchy.

Problem solved! Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:12 am

Moutinho was one of the best players on the pitch, shame he missed his penalty. He deserved a better way to end the tournament because he was fantastic throughout.

If we add another midfielder i hope its him.

Cant we just do a Meireles + Cash for Moutinho?

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:31 am

I would love that!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:02 am

Abramovich wrote:As good as Bran is at defending he will get raped 2v1 having two defensively weak wingers plus Mata just won't work. Hazard will chip in with goals and assists for sure.
Last season our success in 4231 had 2 very sound hard working wingers, a team needs balance and shape especially since we haven't signed a new cm yet.

Hazard and Hulk are better at retention of the ball. Hulk is actually better then Hazard at defending considering he was once a RB, and Porto system requires him to press heavily.

We will be fine defensively, because we can keep the ball longer with those two. Hopefully we press a lot more too, that would also help.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:46 am

If we sign Maincon, I would rather us sign Hulk as those two would be very dangerous down the RW together.

Loan out Todd Kane to a Championship side next season and Do like we did with Bertrand, intergrate him slowly as Ivanovic gets older. Thumbs up

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Lampard Mikel
Hulk Mata Hazard
Torres

Or
Cech
Maicon Luiz Cahill Cole
Ramires Mikel
Hulk Mata Hazard
Torres

Looks pretty good IMO.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:56 am

Maicon is too old...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:21 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Maicon is too old...

There is a a pretty comprehensive article on WAGNH about why Maicon could be a good option.

The general jist of the article is that older players like Cole, Maicon can still perform at the highest level but they require more rest between games to get the best out of them, playing 2 games a week is simply too much for them. So if you split playing time between Ivan/Maicon these guys could cover for a few seasons until Kane is ready.

That said I'm not all too keen on paying 8mil for him.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12