*Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

+18
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Ganso
Katy Perry
federichzoller
Noonan22
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Valkyrja
Soul
the xcx
Chelsea786
Abramovich
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kick
fatman123
iNFINITY9910
Blue Barrett
Blue
Onyx
22 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer? - Page 11 Empty Re: *Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Kick Tue May 29, 2012 12:29 pm

I am a big fan of him, I fully believe one day he will be fantastic.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer? - Page 11 Empty Re: *Transfers special* What players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue May 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Yea im still believing that he is still learning and the main reason for that selfishness to come up was because he was switched to the wing.. but he is naturally used to finishing up the chances himself.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:43 am

plus, as a CF you can be selfish and still be fantastic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:40 am

Yeah.. thats as a CF.. hehe.. not as a RW Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:44 am

Yes, I don't mind his selfishness, most CF's are.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:34 am

For another cheap option for CM we could get Gago for about £5m.

Decent season with Roma but they don't want him and neither do Real.

He would be great cover for Lampard as he is good defencively and a good passer too.

He has been know for injury problems but hey, so was Torres.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:40 am

Don't know much about him, tbh.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:57 am

Neither, trying to dig up some info.

Might see if I can get a Roma fan to tell me about him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:16 am

No problem, mate.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:20 am

As far as I can tell, he is a DM with great passing.

I could see him working very well with Mikel as Mikel is strong and sturdy and Gago can be the DLP who is also good in defence.

If he can stay away from injuries he would be a great Main/Cahill signing for £5-6m.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:02 am

been watching a few videos. (not compilations) and he seems to be a hard worker, decent tackler but falls over a lot. If he has good positioning and a decent mentality I would sign him in a heartbeat.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:08 am

If only Fellaini were cheaper. Everton would probably sell no less than £25M(considering they bought him for £15M - club record).

But then again, I don't think Roman is as mindful of his account as I am. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:10 am

Lol, yes, Fellaini won't be cheap, that is why I suggested Gago. Real were ready to accept 7m Euro's from Roma so we could get him for a similar price.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Warning: I am feeling a little crazy tonight so don't be turned off by what I am writing, just remember 'Kick is crazy'.

Where do we go from here?

We have already fixed our glaring problem from the past two season in the signings of Mata, Hazard and Marin. We also have signed a manager who can help guide the remaining transfers and shape the 12/13 Chelsea team. We obviously need two more signings from my point of view. Three if we really feel like splashing out.

First and Foremost in my mind, a Right back. There are a few options here, Azpiliceuta, Van Der Wiel, Debuchy or Inkoom. Personally, I believe we could get Debuchy for less than 10m which would be a steal and my preference. However, we are barely being linked to anyone at the moment so I think either the club is working on something without giving away any secrets much like the Marin deal or we are waiting to find a Gem at the Euro's. Selassie of the Cezh Republic Perhaps? Either way, I cannot imagine us starting the season without a new RB unless Sam Hutchinson or Todd Kane get crazy good over the summer.

The next signing is not as clear cut as the first, We can either move for another winger, bring in a Midfield playmaker or buy a Box-to-Box engine.

Some names that have been thrown around are Messi(Pre-RDM signing but still Hilarious), Hulk, Ben Arfa, Jovetic, Dzagoev, Modric and Fellaini.

I personally think we will only sign one of these players, probably again after Euro and to be quite Frank with you, I am happy with any one of them because they will all improve the squad. My personal Choice however, is a bit of an odd one, Fellaini, and here is why.

Playing with 4 attackers who won't defend is stupid in the EPL and we will be eaten alive, playing with 3 attackers + 2 B2b CM's is less stupid and could even be deadly. Plus it means Ramires starts in his favoured CM position (yay!) to the formation!

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Ramires Lampard Fellaini
Mata Hazard
Torres

Shocked
Maddness! No holding player? Surely we will be destroyed! well not really, currently a similar style is being used by Italy and Juve. In their style they have 2 B2B players on either side of Pirlo infront of 3 defenders. Now I am not saying Lampard is as good as Pirlo but he could well control the game from that spot. If he defends intelligently we shouldn't have a problem in defence as Ramires and Fellaini will both help out. They will also help out in attack where HazMat will have a field day every time they step onto the pitch. Ashley Cole can make his bursting runs down the wing and either our RB or Ramires can add width on the other wing. What could go wrong?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Changing the formation could end up in both ends, good or bad. At this point though it would be quite good because Torres needs support and he is not made for the Drogba role. We have quite a bit of new signings and even Mata would definitely favour an attacking formation + Lampard has accepted the DM role, its not really DM DM but more defensive minded.. something like Pirlo rather. But if this backfires... it would back fire very badly.. specially if Torres doesn't fire all the guns
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Torres won't have to play the Drogba role. HazMat will be in behind him creating and as long as we keep the ball on the ground he can use his great positioning and runs to score some awesome goals.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:32 am

Gago is pretty decent, he isn't anything special but for that price you are getting a good squad player. I think when him and Higgy was signed to Madrid he was the one rated more highly? It was ages ago so can't really remember.

I'd worry if he would struggle to adapt to the pace of the EPL though, am sure some Madrid fans would comment on this possibility.........

As for Feillieni I know I spelt his name wrong but don't care, he would be a good signing his height and sheer physical presence is something that many teams would have trouble dealing with. When he played CF for Everton with Cahill that was a great combo and if he had better finishing he probably would have ended up as a CF, with Drogba leaving we are losing a defensive asset in headers as well as a massive offensive contribution.

So the signing of Maourane would aid in both scenarios, although I'm VERY skepital about having Lampard as that "regista" role, was having a conversation in pub with mate today about Lampard and Gerrard and I bascially said Gerrard > Lampard in everything a side from finishing and pens Sad if we had Gerrard or Ballack (from 2-3 years ago) would make me feel more comfortable than Lampard, but thats not to say he won't do the job. I for sure think he will do a job, his defense has surprised a lot of us, but then again he's 34 now his legs are going to slow down.

I remember a lot of games where he ran the most in a lot of matches like Man Utd (either AVB or CL games) and basically he didn't really do much either, alternatives are Mikel who's a better defender but then again is pretty shite in lone DM and his passing is even worse. Then we have Romeu who is a good passer, although his defense is lacking at some times, it is pretty tricky hence AM ALL ON THE MODRIC TRAIN!!

With Torres, it's all about the MIDFIELD seeing his movement his finishing I really don't know yet I can't tell if its getting better or not. For sure it probably is but I really have no confidence in him, he might turn into the next Mario Gomez (CL semi to final form). Great movement getting him into good scoring opportunities then fluffing a few but scoring some as well, realistically if he can get 20 goals next season hell a push on 25 I would be happy with him.

I don't want him to get a good Euro championship with Spain (where pretty much every single midfielder in the team minus Sergio can play that killer pass to him all the time), then him coming back and our midfield being shit and him getting fed up losing confidence etc.

With Hazard AND Mata behind him though it will be MUCH MUCH better, the season can't come quick enough for me but then again if we were offered a Falcao swap for Torres and £20 M I'd bite Altheticos hand off banana
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:50 am

Kick wrote:
Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Ramires Lampard Fellaini
Mata Hazard
Torres

The christmas tree formation doesnt offer enough width, it wont work in the PL, although we could play the exact same players in a 4-2-3-1 which would be solid imo

Cech
Ivanovic-Luiz-JT-Cole
Felaini-Lampard
Ramires-Mata-Hazard
Torres
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:55 am

So, pretty much all rumours have died down now. Hulk and Modric looking less and less likely by the day, my question is, without listening to any rumours, who would you buy this summer?

Personally, For RB, one of Azpilicueta (I learned to spell his name ffs, but him Chelsea.) or Debuchy is a must. No one else is really good enough.

Then we need either a RW or a CM, or both.

For RW I would go with one of: Hulk/Gaitan/Bastos/Moses/Muelller/Dzagoev/Schurrle/Jovetic/Lucas Moura/Nilmar/Ba/Doumbia. From most favoured to least favoured.

The last three are mainly CF's but are able to play on the wing. I also listed more natural Wingers over the AM's who can play there. I also think we should be looking into Gaitan as from what I have seen he is very good. Versatile too.

As for CM's: Modric/Hernanes/Cabaye/Belhanda/Bender Bros/Moutinho/Banega/Gago/M'vila/Fellaini.

Now there is a lot of names there, but it is pretty safe to say, almost all of the would improve our squad. Plus we have the money to spend (Yay CL prize money and new TV deal. cheers ) so why not have some fun with it?

So here is what I would do.
Debuchy: 10m Pounds.
Gaitan: 30m Pounds. (if we can't get Hulk for the same price.)
Sven or Lars bender: Just throw what ever remaining money at them and see which one we can get. Hell, why not get both!

Formations:
Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel Bender
Gaitan* Mata Hazard
Torres
*or Hulk.

2nd:
Hilarious
Debuchy* Cahill Ferreira Bertrand
Romeu Lampard
Ramires Meireles Marin
Sturridge
With Hutch, Essien or Malouda and Terribull rounding out the 25 man squad.

Also, I am going to buy a Hazard Away kit once I found out his number. It's gonna be sexy.

Last edited by Kick on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Ramires :()
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:51 am

Hulk would be pretty good alright, but I think with the services of Hazard + Mata, sturridge can do a decent job as well...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:56 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Hulk would be pretty good alright, but I think with the services of Hazard + Mata, sturridge can do a decent job as well...

You just want Hulk?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:42 pm

No im saying Hulk is not badly needed...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Agree with infinity

He's not needed THAT much. Only reason is to offer strength and more goals/assists up front. But speaking of strength, Torres is pretty underrated. He's no Drogba, but he is no pushover either

I won't be unhappy if our final signing is a RB
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:32 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:No im saying Hulk is not badly needed...
I honestly think Sturridge can't play in a 4-2-3-1 because he isn't able to get right up close to the striker or play like a striker in a 4-4-2 because he has to defend more. In a 4-3-3 he can because Ramires was able to cover him out wide and he doesn't have to worry about defending. That being said, Ramires can play in a 4-2-3-1 but unless we call in kakuta or KDB we won't have enough depth for this season should we only use Ramires as our main RW.

Plus, I think winning CL is like winning the Lotto, we are gonna spend a bit of the money straight away because we can. I know we bought Hazard but I have a feeling it aint over yet.
Soul wrote:Agree with infinity

He's not needed THAT much. Only reason is to offer strength and more goals/assists up front. But speaking of strength, Torres is pretty underrated. He's no Drogba, but he is no pushover either

I agree Hulk isn't needed, but I would love to have him here, I do think however, if we want to win the BPL, a winger in needed.

A RB is needed though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:51 am

Soul wrote:Agree with infinity

That is why he is needed. Last season in the PL we were poor because we struggled to beat the lower teams simply because we were not dangerous enough imo. We'd play against a team like Norwich and we'd have 60%+ possession and all the shots in the world yet Norwich would have 2 shots on target and at least one of them would go in.

A player like Hulk is somebody who can grind out a win, his long shooting is an absolutely underrated asset. Look at the amount of "own goals" united get from shooting outside the box and deflecting off a player. They win year after year because they create their own luck. If a team parks the bus against them they don't have any decent midfielders to find the pass so what do they do? They just shoot and get their so called "luck".

I know the goals might not seem like much but what about when it comes December and Torres is still struggling, would you not prefer that somebody like Hulk can contribute and make up for a lack of goals?

I'm quite sure we'll still get a right back but after winning the CL and having a few players leave I feel we should reinforce our squad with some world class players that are game changers.

I'm not saying it's a disaster if we don't get him but I feel he would improve our game immensely while we wait for players like De Bruyne, Kakuta, Piazon and others to get to first 11 material.

If we did have Hulk RW aswell it would support having Ivanovic RB as he is defensively sound and could make up for a lack of defending from Hulk.

Sturridge for me on the other hand should be backup CF. If Torres can't get going then I think Sturridge has earnt the right to be played at his proper position or at least be given a go.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:58 am

I actually prefer Sturridge to start beside Torres tbh... lol
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next