*Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

+14
Kick
Grooverider
djfawnz
Adrian0911
iNFINITY9910
ExtremistEnigma
Highburied
Red Alert
LeBéninois
Gil
Art Morte
The Franchise
Valkyrja
Onyx
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer? Empty *Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Onyx Thu May 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Chelsea will build on their Europa League success by going on a £100m summer spending spree, according to outgoing interim manager Rafa Benitez.

Having overseen the 2-1 victory over Benfica in his penultimate game in charge, Benitez expects there to be several new arrivals at Stamford Bridge during the forthcoming window.

"Chelsea will be much better next season because they will spend £100m and they will sign three or four players," Benitez told Spanish radio.

"They have good young players like Victor Moses, Eden Hazard, Oscar, Cesar Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Fernando Torres, Oriol Romeu; they are all improving and they all have potential.

"The foundation is already there. The future is bright for them."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8716059/Premier-League-Rafa-Benitez-claims-Chelsea-set-for-100m-summer-spree

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Onyx Thu May 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Will Oscar still be part of the '3' or will he deeper as part of the '2'? He's better centrally, however so is Mata.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Sell : Malouda, Fereira, Benayoun, Torres, Marin
Buy : Falcao/Cavani, Cabaye, Paulinho, Schurrle

Cech
Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - Cole
Paulinho - Cabaye
Mata - Oscar - Hazard
Falcao/Cavani
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 pm

A midfielder who can pass, not static Mikel, not loose cannon dribble first David Luiz or run away from midfield Lampard.

When I watch Chelse that to me is their biggest issue, consistently going from deep midfield to final third because of erratic passing and decisions. Even bigger problem than Torres.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Also LOL at using Torres as an example a young core.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 16, 2013 10:26 pm

What interests me the most about Chelsea's transfer dealings is what is going to happen to Lukaku. After all, they paid up to £17m for him with add-ons and he's had a good season at West Brom. I suppose it's going to be another loan, but wouldn't surprise me if he switched clubs permanently.

A central midfielder is likely to arrive, although with David Luiz doing well in midfield this area poses some questions. In Oriol Romeu they have another young player whose career is in danger of stagnating at Chelsea.

Mikel and Marin should move if they want to be playing regularly and they don't even seem to be considered "good depth" at Chelsea. Hopefully Victor Moses continues to have some opportunities, would be a shame if possible signings like Schurrle push Moses completely to the fringes, I want to see a player like him playing, he's quite underrated.

So all in all I'm basically hoping that Chelsea sell some of their more exciting fringe players if they buy upgrades to them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Vidal.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu May 16, 2013 11:27 pm

i just hope Moses , Mikel and Lukaku leaves to get regular play time.

it's all depend of the new manager but i can't see lukaku stay . Demba is ahead of him and they might sell torres ( but i doubt ) and buy another CF
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri May 17, 2013 5:37 am

Need to sign disciplined midfielders and then fix their defence.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri May 17, 2013 7:37 am

Imagine if you hand Benitez 100m to spend Very Happy

Players he would buy:

Skrtel for 28 m

Some spanish nobody for 30m

Some british nobody for 35 m

In the end, he would cry for funds ..

-----

SeriouslY,...

Chelsea have the best young core they just need to get rid of Torres, gradually displace Lampard, buy a quality deep midfielder (Vidal)...

And they are set for the next few years.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri May 17, 2013 7:50 am

highburied wrote:Imagine if you hand Benitez 100m to spend Very Happy

Players he would buy:

Skrtel for 28 m

Some spanish nobody for 30m

Some british nobody for 35 m

In the end, he would cry for funds ..
I don't get how this is even relevant.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri May 17, 2013 8:26 am

I highly doubt we would spend 100m... if Mou comes, the realistic buys are going to be Khedira I believe... and forward... no idea.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Fri May 17, 2013 9:59 am

out: Ferreira, Benayoun, Malouda, Marin, Torres
in: Gomez, Sakho/Rami, Schurrle, Khedira, Lukaku (back) and Essien (back)

Cech(Turnbull)
Azpil(Ivanovic/Essien) Cahill(Terry) Luiz(Sakho) Cole(Bertrand)
Khedira(Mikel/Essien) Ramires(Romeu)
Mata(Moses) Oscar(Lampard) Hazard(Schurrle)
Gomez(Lukaku/Ba)
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Fri May 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Torres is not going anywhere.....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Fri May 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Adrian0911 wrote:out: Ferreira, Benayoun, Malouda, Marin, Torres

Cech(Turnbull)
Gomez(Lukaku/Ba)

lol crap

Very Happy
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 17, 2013 2:25 pm

I could rant on and on about what we need but at the end of the day, we need a deep lying ball player and a goal scorer. Schurrle will more than likely join so add him to that list too.

In
CM: xabi Alonso/Cabaye/Moutinho/Strootman/Banega/Gundogan/Sahin/Verratti/Thiago
CF: Gomez/Cavani/Falcao/Lewandowski/Higiuan/Benzema/Rooney
Schurrle

Any of those listed would make me very happy.

Cech
Azpilicueta Ivanovic Luiz Cole
Mikel CM
Mata Oscar Hazard
CF
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Fri May 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Grooverider wrote:
Adrian0911 wrote:out: Ferreira, Benayoun, Malouda, Marin, Torres

Cech(Turnbull)
Gomez(Lukaku/Ba)

lol crap

Very Happy

well...beside Khedira...the players your highlighted are already there...and all i said is use them for squad depth...
if Mou is coming odds are one of Khedira and Xabi Alonso comes along.
my bet is on Khedira.
and it's hard to predict what would be good for Chelsea..as good players are going in and they become shit (just the last two years..not a general rule).
all i did pick my favorites from transfer rumors.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri May 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Why the hell would we sign Khedira? We already have a better version of him at the club in Ramires.

Who on earth would sell Torres ahead of Ba? Especially when wages aren't a factor and Lukaku will be on loan next year?

Gomez lol. We're not a crossing team and like to play through the middle. He would flop so badly.

Mikel won't be a starter next year. No chance.

A midfielder in the mould of Gundogan, Modric, Carrick, Arteta, Schweinsteiger, Busquets. Please. We haven't had one since Makelele left ffs.

The glaring problems in the team are lack of a wide player that makes attacking runs rather than ball to feet all the time. That's why we're after Schurrle.

Striker to link up with Mata, Hazard, Oscar. Torres is the best at it and makes a ton of space for them but goes on far too many goalscoring droughts to be a legit first option. Ba on the other hand is a complete and utter donkey which we wasted our money on.

Falcao is useless when he's not scoring and is a glorified Mario Gomez. Either Lewandowski or Cavani should be the favoured targets. If that fails bid for Rooney.

Our defense gets a lot of stick but I think we can cope next year without buying anyone. Cahill, JT, Ivanovic, Luiz a lot of experience, toughness, depth and talent in that back line. Muppet signing would be Luke Shaw, he's an unreal fullback and will be first choice for England ahead of Gibbs/Baines when Ash retires.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Gil wrote:
A midfielder in the mould of Gundogan, Modric, Carrick, Arteta, Schweinsteiger, Busquets. Please. We haven't had one since Makelele left ffs.

what am i readin here? how do you figure that Modric or gundogan are in the same mould as makelele
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri May 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Gil wrote:

what am i readin here? how do you figure that Modric or gundogan are in the same mould as makelele

Not sure of serious. Pretty obvious isn't it?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 17, 2013 4:08 pm

No it's not please explain
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri May 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:No it's not please explain

Like Gundogan, Busquets and Modric, Makelele was the fulcrum of the Chelsea side under Mou.

He was the guy that protected the defense tirelessly, won an unreal amount of balls and gave our more gifted midfielders the ball in good positions. He was the link. Once he left, we've struggled to play out from the back ever since.

Was he as technically gifted as Modric or Gundogan? Obviously not but his role in the team was pretty much the same. He started our attacks.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Fri May 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Gil wrote:

i agree neither are makelele like players..

and i agree you need a player like that (the ones you mentioned..not makelele) but there is no big name on the market (if you don't plan to splash 40+ on him)...

and about the striker...chelsea backed out from buying Falcao..and Napoli are asking the same amount for Cavani..so i guess that's out of the question.
you won't go for Higuian or Benzema apparently...and Lewandowski seems Bayern bound
except for Gomez, Tevez, Villa and maybe Dzeko there is no striker on the market better than what you already have (Ba, Torres and Lukaku)...and you don't seem to be wanting to try a Bony-like transfer (good striker but unproven on the big levels)

and also depends on the manager that's gonna come
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Gil wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:No it's not please explain

Like Gundogan, Busquets and Modric, Makelele was the fulcrum of the Chelsea side under Mou.

He was the guy that protected the defense tirelessly, won an unreal amount of balls and gave our more gifted midfielders the ball in good positions. He was the link. Once he left, we've struggled to play out from the back ever since.

Was he as technically gifted as Modric or Gundogan? Obviously not but his role in the team was pretty much the same. He started our attacks.
better put in those terms, because comparing modric to makelele is out of place but i understand you.

Mvila had all the talent to get there but his shitty attitude ruined it Mad
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Fri May 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I doubt torres is going anywhere, but with lukaku coming back (hopefully into first team) there needs to be a good striker rotation, idk about how the whole shrulle thing coming in either, but we need a dm for sure and sell mikel. All in all, Id like to see Lukaku lead our line in the future.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next