Maradona : Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good."

+33
Milan31
Brady2Moss
teamanarchy
Rebaño Sagrado
leemhuis
matpol
Le Samourai
Lord Spencer
Magricos
BarrileteCosmico
Tigole
BarcaLearning
BarcaKizz
FennecFox7
Lord Awesome
Harmonica
la bestia negra
Khaled
delaurentishotz
VivaStPauli
rsinatra
kiranr
billy_gr
The Franchise
Rossoneri Ninja
guest7
VanDeezNuts
che
Zealous
Ganso
ronalessi
billionmillion
Adit
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Maradona :  Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good." - Page 3 Empty Re: Maradona : Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good."

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:43 am

The Franchise wrote:

What a terrible comment.

Reina was horrible for us, utterly terrible. Worse than even Valdes pre Pep.

Well, Reina has since then improved, obvoiusly.

Less mistake prone than the current Valdes and obviously better than him.

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Maradona :  Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good." - Page 3 Empty Re: Maradona : Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good."

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:54 am

If you say so.

I bet if we count the mistakes, Reina has made more.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 am

The Franchise wrote:If you say so.

I bet if we count the mistakes, Reina has made more.

Depends which mistakes you're talking about. The ones that cost and the ones that don't?

You really don't like Reina, I take it.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:04 am

A mistake is a mistake. I reckon Reina has made more the last 3 years.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:07 am

The Franchise wrote:A mistake is a mistake. I reckon Reina has made more the last 3 years.

The way I've seen Valdes I bet he's made more but Barca clean it up and make it invisible.

I bet Valdes has made more than Reina this season.

(Laughing Right Back vs Yours Material or what?)
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 am

Well its impossible, because there arent going to be videos out there of mistakes which didnt end in goals.

Over the last 3 seasons, he has been as error free as anyone I seen for my book.

This season has been the most error prone, but even so, I stand by what I said.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 am

I wonder who'd Del Bosque prefer should Casillas suffer an injury though.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:20 am

Probably Reina.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:22 am

He does have La Liga bias, though.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 am

Sure, but I think its more shown in call ups rather than starting 11 selection.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:34 am

Who would you say should be the LB, then?

I'm leaning more towards Jose Enrique though I think Alba suits Spain's style better.

Also, I still fantasize Mata as the CF. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Zealous wrote:No one will remember Valdes after he retires. Seriously he's an after thought in the world of football.

Not true, he'll be remembered as the keeper with more Zamoras than Casillas Maradona :  Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good." - Page 3 Lucasl

Actually he will be remembered as Spain's 3rd choice keeper.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:23 am

Valdes is not the BEST GK now, and no way is he going to be thought of as such simply because his team is too strong.

Legendary GK usually were part of underdog teams where their GK skills were needed to get those teams somewhere.

That being said, Valdes is not a bad keeper, he is not average, and he is certainly not mediocre. He is a good-great GK who was prone mind boggling decisions, more then than now mind you.

Statistics are not adequate enough to judge GK unless you have some magical equations that measure the defensive part of the GK away from the defensive part of the team as a whole.

As a last thought, Zealous's prophecy might actually become true. For example, who remembers the name of the Milan GK of that Milan team or the name of the GK of those Dutch teams and the Barca dream team.

Conclusion: Valdes is a good-great GK who will be forever underrated because he served in such a powerful team.

Note:
Milan GKs name is Giovanni Galli
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:05 am

The comment that by his retirement no one will remember him applies to many great keepers of our time.
He might not be remembered as a legend or anything but that hardly means he’s bad.
Anyway any neutral can see that the guy is obviously a very good keeper. Not the legend some of us make him to be but certainly not bad
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Who would you say should be the LB, then?

I'm leaning more towards Jose Enrique though I think Alba suits Spain's style better.

Also, I still fantasize Mata as the CF. Laughing

Personally I dont mind either, they both could work. Alba is smaller, but quicker, Enrique is bigger and stronger. Both are good going forward, maybe Alba a bit better. I also think Albra is underrated defensively.

To be honest, both are deserving.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Enrique physically is much much better, I don't think he less quick than Alba at all.

Tough choice, I'd take Enrique purely because we already have a myriad of tight space players, and defensively and physically he is better which will be necessary.

I want someone who can man mark wingers out of the game on the pitch at all times if possible.

Also depends on who exactly starts on the opposite side, could go a range of ways, Ramos,Iraola,Arbeloa.......

Last edited by Le Samourai on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 pm

I think he is, Enrique isnt slow by any means and notice I said quick, not fast. Over the first few meters, Alba is very quick.

But agree with your assessment overall.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:36 am

El Diego was right. Valdes is back to being old Valdes - clown of a goalkeeper. Last 3 big games, so many mistakes. Valdes is too average to be wc keeper. If I were del Bosque I would call De Gea or Guaita to be 3rd keeper at Euros.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:39 am

El Pibe de oro knows goalkeepers, he beat so many of them.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 am

I don't think he's a joke but yeah, I'd take someone else to the Euros, not that it matters TBF.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 am

Maradona :  Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good." - Page 3 20ql8o9
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:43 am

Valdes is a joke. El Diez was spot on when he called him out for being shite.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:44 am

Has Valdes won a world cup?
Has he avoided conceding in the KO stages of a world cup?
Has he won a European Championship?Has he ever single-handedly kept his team in a game the way Casillas does?
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:50 am

He is also a danger to his fellow professionals.

Twice now he has sent players to the hospital and tonight it was his own teammate.

The disgusting prick also pretended to be injured because he wasn't sure whether he hit Drogba or Pique. What a clown.

My opinion of Pique aside I hope he is OK, the hit was brutal.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:52 am

I saw that. Pique went to the hospital I read.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:03 am

teamanarchy wrote:Has Valdes won a world cup?
Has he avoided conceding in the KO stages of a world cup?
Has he won a European Championship?Has he ever single-handedly kept his team in a game the way Casillas does?

Unfortunately that is the case.

However.

Has he ever been the best player on 2 la liga winning teams, putting said teams on his shoulder throughout past seasons.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next