Are the following players good enough for the CL?

+2
McAgger
Onyx
6 posters

Go down

Are the following players good enough for the CL? Empty Are the following players good enough for the CL?

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Henderson, Adam and Carroll are average imo. There's better players than them and Spurs' midfield and attack is certainly better. Liverpool should of kept Meireles.

Parkers more effective than Henderson.

I know the squad Liverpool have right now can get 4th, but realistically would they be good enough for the CL?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Are the following players good enough for the CL? Empty Re: Are the following players good enough for the CL?

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 pm

FFS u have Andrea Dossena starting for Napoli in the CL......there are teams like Trabzanspor, Basel, Otelul, Dinamo Zagreb, Genk, Olympiakos, APOEL, BATE, and Viktoria PLzen who all have some shitty players you dont even the names of.......Are these teams good enough for the CL?.......FFS whoever makes it that means they deserve to be there.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Are the following players good enough for the CL? Empty Re: Are the following players good enough for the CL?

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 pm

I mean are they good enough to compete for the CL? Considering Liverpool are a big club.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Oh well you should of been specific.......With this squad NO way we can compete with Barca, Madrid, Man U, Bayern, and Man City.........

Unless we avoid those 5 teams and make it to the final, while these 5 keep knocking each other out, I dont see why not Twisted Evil
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:03 am

team chemistry > individuals

pandev, chivu, and muntari all won the CL with us.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:27 am

Never liked Carrol always thought he was overrated, more of a Heskey type player than Rooney. Think he will become a bit of a journey man like Crouch.

Adam is a difficult one, at Blackpool he was their star player and the team played around him, I think this made him stand out more and made him look better than he actually is. He can score some nice goals and create the odd good looking goal but apart from that he is Average and his game is pretty limited.

I know better than anyone how good Henderson is, but I also know his limitations. His free kicks are poor and he cant tackle. He is good at harassing players on the ball though.

Although he kinda played as a Central midfielder it isnt really his position, what he was particularly affective for us doing was getting the ball then moving it out to the wing. Taking on players then putting crosses into the box. He got some very nice assists doing this and created allot of goal scoring opportunities. I think this was complimented allot by the partnership he had with our right winger Elmo, aswell as Nedum the right back. they had a good system of swapping positions and covering for each other.

I dont see this happening at Liverpool, seems like every time I have seen him play his role has been in the centre of midfield lobbing high balls up the middle to Carrol.

I think if he was given the opportunity to play to his strengths, working the wings and putting crosses into the box for Suarez, suarez would thrive off his service. but its asking allot for a team like Liverpool to tailor their play for one player.

Its hard to say what position he is more suited to because he isnt a out and out winger and he isnt a central midfielder either.

More of a Kuyt type player, but without the goal scoring threat, although that will come with more games.

In my opinion Liverpool have made some great additions to their squad with players who are clearly talented. The task now is getting them to fit and work together.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:34 am

Chivu's above average though.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:05 am

Whats crazy is the amount of money Liverpool spent on it's English talent....even thought the English NT sucks (always has and will probably continue to suck)

If they were going to spend as much money as they did, they should of went after Mata and players of that nature, not Charlie Adam, Henderson, Carroll etc

English players are always cost a fortune for some odd reason, and unless the player is already on Rooney's, prime Gerrard or Lampard's status then odd's are you might be over paying. The second I saw how much money they spent on on who I figured they didnt spend wisely. Hate to say it but Spurs are looking sharper and might actually have a better squad than Pool (wouldnt be surprised if Spurs finish fourth)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down