Maradona : Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good."

+33
Milan31
Brady2Moss
teamanarchy
Rebaño Sagrado
leemhuis
matpol
Le Samourai
Lord Spencer
Magricos
BarrileteCosmico
Tigole
BarcaLearning
BarcaKizz
FennecFox7
Lord Awesome
Harmonica
la bestia negra
Khaled
delaurentishotz
VivaStPauli
rsinatra
kiranr
billy_gr
The Franchise
Rossoneri Ninja
guest7
VanDeezNuts
che
Zealous
Ganso
ronalessi
billionmillion
Adit
37 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Maradona :  Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good." Empty Maradona : Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good."

Post by Adit Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:52 pm

"I adore Mourinho. As a man, as a trainer and coach and as a psychologist. For me he is the best. Mourinho can turn a coin into a rose and that’s the reason for the big difference on my affection for him. I’m not in love with him or anything, but he is an exceptional guy," Maradona said to Sport360.

"Pep is an excellent man. I know Guardiola very well, but maybe he does not get as much merit because he has impressive players. Let’s not forget though that Pep is very young and has a great career ahead of him."

The former Argentina coach then stated that he thinks Barcelona will give up on La Liga, and focus on the Champions League instead.

"Barcelona will put everything into the Champions League because the Primera Division is Madrid’s. I do not think Barcelona will play anything but the Champions League."

Maradona went on to voice his admiration of the Catalan giants, before taking a dig at goalkeeper Victor Valdes.

"Barcelona are such a great team, even a bad goalkeeper seems good. It’s true. Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good."

Last edited by Adit on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Maradona :  Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good." Empty Re: Maradona : Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good."

Post by billionmillion Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 pm

it was stupid comment by him. Valdes is one of the best if not the best goalkeeper
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Maradona :  Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good." Empty Re: Maradona : Valdes is bad! But with all the players he has in front of him even he looks good."

Post by ronalessi Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:04 pm

:vagi:
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:17 pm

billionmillion wrote:it was stupid comment by him. Valdes is one of the best if not the best goalkeeper
Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:19 pm

El Diez :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:22 pm

fun fact: between 2004-2008, ie before guardiola took over, valdes conceded less goals per game than casillas in all but one of them, even when madrid won the league in 07 :coffee:

average position in zamora trophy in that time:
valdes - 1, 3, 2, 2 = 2
casillas - 2, 5, 8, 1 = 4

madrid fanboys :vagi:

Last edited by che on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:22 pm

this used to be the case but i have to admit valdez has improved hugely the past couple years.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 pm

che wrote:fun fact: between 2004-2008, ie before guardiola took over, valdes conceded less goals per game than casillas in all but one of them, even when madrid won the league in 07 :coffee:

average position in zamora trophy in that time:
valdes - 1, 3, 2, 2 = 2
casillas - 2, 5, 8, 1 = 4

madrid fanboys :vagi:

The Zamora trophy is an award for the defence. Not just the goalkeeper, sure officially it goes to one person but surely even you can understand that it relies on more than just the efforts of one person.

Valdes is the guy who has ridden on the coat tails of success of others for years. He'll retire a Barca legend like Zubizarreta but no outside Barca will rate him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Since when did Zamora trophy indication of goal keeping performance?? Laughing

Che :facepalm:

Average player.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Valdes the underrated hero Sad
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Zealous wrote:

Valdes is the guy who has ridden on the coat tails of success of others for years.

uh huh

is that why he had one of the best save percentages in europe last season?

i understand that haters gonna hate but valdes is a great keeper... sure he *bleep* up occasionally but so do all keepers, including neuer and *gasp* casillas...

if he played for any team other than barcelona he'd be definitely considered at least top 10 in europe, but he's yet another victim of the "others make them look good" bullshit... barcelona makes messi look better than he is, valdes look better than he is, pique look better than he is, etc
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Cokehead says wut?

Se7en dat sig :bow:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Barca fans three years ago

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090301121104AAWjeKj

:bow:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Che did you watch Valdes pre Guardiola?

Is it just me who remembers how crap he was back then? Like, really? Used to make more mistakes than Casillas and on top of that he wasnt the best shot stopper either..
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Of course, useless goalie lol

People actually still believe it, wow.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:46 pm

yeah he did improve considerably since guardiola took over... makes it all the more unbelievable how he managed to get those numbers for years playing behind the likes of oleguer, belletti and 35 year old thuram...

http://soccerlens.com/whyvictor-valdes-is-better-than-iker-casillas/68668/

lololol

i'm not saying valdes is better than casillas (not this year anyway) but if you think valdes is useless you're... what's the polite euphemism... *bleep* stupid, that's pretty much a fact

Last edited by che on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:48 pm

che wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Valdes is the guy who has ridden on the coat tails of success of others for years.

uh huh

is that why he had one of the best save percentages in europe last season?

i understand that haters gonna hate but valdes is a great keeper... sure he *bleep* up occasionally but so do all keepers, including neuer and *gasp* casillas...

if he played for any team other than barcelona he'd be definitely considered at least top 10 in europe, but he's yet another victim of the "others make them look good" bullshit... barcelona makes messi look better than he is, valdes look better than he is, pique look better than he is, etc

Says who? You? lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:53 pm

uh, yea, it was my post, i made it considering barcelona are the most hated club on this forum, so yes, i'm saying it

want a cookie for that conclusion?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Honestly though there is no Barca player of whom I’ve not seen arguments of being average in this forum.
I even remember distinctively certain people about Messi being mediocre by all accounts.
Valdes comes as no surprise. As long as people feel joy I’m fine with it Smile
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:04 pm

As far as i am concerned, Valdes is one of the best goalkeepers for the one of the greatest teams ever assembled. i dont care about the rankings or other accolades.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Look ho harsh some of our fans are on Cesc, Keita, Alexis and Pique. In the recent past, Pedro, Chyg, Ibra and others.

Yet I see no Barca fan get at Valdes. Its a clue...he is actually doing a great job and we rarely have anything to complain about.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:22 pm

he's improved a lot in the last 12 months. over a year ago i shared maradona's view on him, but now he seems to be doing alright. perhaps in a normal team he wouldnt be top 10 in the world, but thats just hypothesizing.. because right now he is.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm

He has been the same player since Pep took over, maybe you wasnt watching the first 2 Pep years as closely? Genuine question, not being funny.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Actually pretty sensible statements for a cokehead like Maradona.

Though I remember in the 09/10 season Valdes looked better than Casillas. I wouldn't actually call Valdes bad, he just lacks consistency - which is why he isn't a world class keeper. But he certainly is not a bad GK.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:He has been the same player since Pep took over, maybe you wasnt watching the first 2 Pep years as closely? Genuine question, not being funny.

whaat, no dude he hasn't.. he used to do a lot more risky things than he does now.. at least that's how i remember it. maybe i just like him better now.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next