Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
kiranr
jibers
guest7
42 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB - Page 3 Empty Re: Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Ganso wrote:Marcelo ALWAYS has to defend alone,what do you expect?CR and Xabi dont do shet to help him out,another reason hes solid defensively play for Brazil

in the last el calssico was one of the few times ive seen someone help him out,and he played well ffs,no one rolled over him

Defend alone? DEFEND ALONE!!!!!!?

The amount of times i've seen Pepe and Ramos covering him is a joke.

That arguement is bullcrap.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB - Page 3 Empty Re: Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:29 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Doc wrote: The whole "A full back needs to be defensively solid to be great" is kinda a myth. He just needs to understand his position and have some God damn sense really...

It only matters when it comes to Marcelo. Even though he is the best performing LB along side Lahm he is still shit. People still live in 2007. Laughing

Yeah, It does. Because he's a *bleep* LB who can't even get his positioning right. He in NO WAY is up there with Lahm.

He is easily up there with any left back. He got his positioning right against Barca. Also only reason most attacks come down the right flank is because he is always flying up the LW providing in attack.

Your *bleep* with me aren't you? Laughing

Did you read that? SERIOUSLY?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:30 pm

I hate to break it to all of you but Carlos was never a fullback he was a wing back in a 3-5-2......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:30 pm

izzy26 wrote:
Ganso wrote:Marcelo ALWAYS has to defend alone,what do you expect?CR and Xabi dont do shet to help him out,another reason hes solid defensively play for Brazil

in the last el calssico was one of the few times ive seen someone help him out,and he played well ffs,no one rolled over him

Not true. He is often way too exposed for a fullback becouse Ronaldo doesn't track back. That is far from a excuse and a fact. (I don't deny that Ramos and Pepe does cover for him though, but he doesn't get the proper support from his winger)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:31 pm

izzy26 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Doc wrote: The whole "A full back needs to be defensively solid to be great" is kinda a myth. He just needs to understand his position and have some God damn sense really...

It only matters when it comes to Marcelo. Even though he is the best performing LB along side Lahm he is still shit. People still live in 2007. Laughing

Yeah, It does. Because he's a *bleep* LB who can't even get his positioning right. He in NO WAY is up there with Lahm.

He is easily up there with any left back. He got his positioning right against Barca. Also only reason most attacks come down the right flank is because he is always flying up the LW providing in attack.

Your *bleep* with me aren't you? Laughing

Did you read that? SERIOUSLY?

Am I *bleep* with you? I think not. Laughing

He got his positioning right vs Barca. Problem?

inb4shittydeflection.

Marcelo is effective in attack he has to sacrifice a part of his defensive game for our attack.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:32 pm

omarish wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Not true. He is often way too exposed for a fullback becouse Ronaldo doesn't track back. That is far from a excuse and a fact. (I don't deny that Ramos and Pepe does cover for him though, but he doesn't get the proper support from his winger)

Because he's NEVER THERE. THAT'S CALLED POOR POSITION. You need that as a LB. Rolling Eyes
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I hate to break it to all of you but Carlos was never a fullback he was a wing back in a 3-5-2......

true but not for his entire career lol. He has played LB on many occasions.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I hate to break it to all of you but Carlos was never a fullback he was a wing back in a 3-5-2......

Marcelo is a wing back as well and Roberto Carlos only played in a 3-5-2 with Brasil and half a season with Real Madrid back in 2000.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:34 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Am I *bleep* with you? I think not. Laughing

inb4shittydeflection.

Marcelo is effective in attack he has to sacrifice a part of his defensive game for our attack.

So, his POSITIONING is good because he's constantly out of POSITION?

Yeah, that makes sense. Very Happy

The deflection can happen to anybody, so I ain't fussed about that.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:36 pm

people are clearly mad in this thread over nothing Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:36 pm

izzy26 wrote:

inb4shittydeflection.

I didn't say that. Your only assuming. I said his positioning was good vs BARCA. Why? because he stayed back. He is instructed to go forward because he is more of a LWB than LB. It only makes sense for him to do what he does best. When he comes one on one he owns most of the time.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:37 pm

izzy26 wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:He dosen't have to put on a brilliant defensive Performance to have imporoved at defensively.

And any performance I name will be dicarded because they ween't against notable players or some excuse will be provided.

He is the bes LWB in the world and is good defensively............it's the same thing as Alves a couple years ago when people failed to realise that the guy could actually defend........time will ensure the deteriration of your views....all I have to do is sit back and watch.

I'm not like that. Provide the performance and i'll consider it. I'm nothing if not reasonable.

But I'm sorry, it's a simple fundamental that comes with playing LB, you need to be able to actually be solid defensively. Marcelo ain't.

When the team is up against, is it too much too ask to have your LB to focus soley on his defensive duties? Alves proved himself defensively at Sevilla, don't know who doesn't know this?

He needs to shape-up. Nothing against him attacking wise, but when on D........ I always know the attack is coming down his side.

Very good performances against Sporting Gjion, kept Cani completely quiet against Villareal,kept Jouquin quiet agianst Malaga, was not roubled at all by Bastos, very good aainst Real Betis, kept Verdu and jesus Datolo in his pocket against Espanyol, brilliant defensively against Zaragoza.

This season.

He from my point of view one bad game this season......coming against Rayo Valleycano where he struggled against Lass Bangoura.

Pick apart those performances however you may.....he was very good defensively in each one.

He has been overall very good in every other game this season........some say he had a horrible game against Barcelona but IMO he did not.

He is the best LWB in the world and is not horrible defenively, some are living in the past...I don't mind......time will change your opinion.....not some 16 year old who idiotically thinks that a scrub like Lothar Matthaus is better than Xavi....

The positional cristicism is quite founded but people choose to intelligently ignore the fact that in order to contribute to attack as a LWB......you have to vacate your position as a LB at some points during a game.....a sacrifice which has to be made.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Zealous wrote:

true but not for his entire career lol. He has played LB on many occasions.

That's where his best performances came tho....... Razz

And Doc i know Marcelo is a wing back as i have said on many occasions he isnt a fullback which is why he should'nt enter such a discussion......

Anyway i will stay out of all Marcelo discussions from this day forward because it just never ends Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Ganso wrote:people are clearly mad in this thread over nothing Laughing

Not being rude, but i've NEVER taken you seriously when it comes to Brazillians.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:37 pm

No need to go in on marcela no more, Izzy is the future Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Look Marcelo is a wing back, I don't consider him a great full back. He is inept defensively and is always caught out of positioning, just like Patrice Failvra. The excuse that ROnaldo doesn't cover him is laughable when He is sometimes further up the pitch than ROnaldo. He isnt the best LB in La liga let alone Europe, let alone the world. In the premiershp, Enrique and Baines are COMFORTABLY better than him, and positioning in the prem is far more important than in La liga due to it's pace, yet in a team like RM where they see most of the ball the guy still manages to look like an amateur. Has no one noticed that Most of Barcelona's attacks go from the right? Even when ROnaldo swapped wings Barcas atatcks still went through the right. The guy is a liabilty and is the weak link that teams explore.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 pm

BAINES LO00O0O0O0OL.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:39 pm

@Mole...

Because you enjoy arguing with us Real fans, just admit it. I'm still kinda lost to what exactly we are arguing about. Is it what Maldini said or is it the notion Marcelo is actually a great full back? Because there is nothing wrong with what Maldini said and Marcelo is a good full back that can be great given more time.

He actually has been great for Real this season honestly bar the Barca match...

Last edited by Doc on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:40 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

inb4shittydeflection.

I didn't say that. Your only assuming. I said his positioning was good vs BARCA. Why? because he stayed back. He is instructed to go forward because he is more of a LWB than LB. It only makes sense for him to do what he does best. When he comes one on one he owns most of the time.

izzy26 wrote:Puyol went RB, Pique CB, Abidal LB. Alves went to right wing, Sanchez went central, Messi dropped into midfield, Cesc tucked in and Iniesta went Left wing.

Did you even notice that this happened? There was no need for Alves to defend as Marcelo was not overlapping so beating him defensively would be a piece of cake because his position is a disgrace.

izzy26 wrote:No he didn't. He did *bleep* all. Like he always does. Sanchez, Messi and Iniesta never once went down his flank in the 1st half because they thought Coentrao was the weak link. 2nd half, they bombarded marcelo's flank and he was caught out so many times it was unreal.

Best LB.

Theres your answer to, 'he owns one on ones'.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Dude, Barcelona attack through the right period, not because of Marcelo, come on
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Wait i said ill stay out of this.....

But Jibers..... Baines come on man, he is god awful lol.....Mehcelo is leagues ahead of him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 pm

izzy26 wrote:
Ganso wrote:people are clearly mad in this thread over nothing Laughing

Not being rude, but i've NEVER taken you seriously when it comes to Brazillians.
Im pretty sure i never said anything atrociously biased about Brazilians,make what you want of whatever i say about them.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 pm

jibers wrote:positioning in the prem is far more important than in La liga due to it's pace,

lulz I thought Clichy played in the premier league. He is terrible when it comes to defending and yet he was considered one of the best fullbacks in the world.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Wait i said ill stay out of this.....

But Jibers..... Baines come on man, he is god awful lol.....Mehcelo is leagues ahead of him.

lol I was just trolling. MIght as well start throwing in names seeing as this discussion isnt going to end.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Izzy not one individual from the Barcelona team can claim they owned Marcelo or that he was the reason Real lost. I am sorry, but that 2nd half bullshit is just a myth.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Marcelo's main role isnt defending,period.If he wasnt doing his job he would have gotten benched by now.Last post in here since as many people said,this is going nowhere
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next