Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
kiranr
jibers
guest7
42 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB - Page 8 Empty Re: Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB

Post by Abramovich Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Alaba>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB - Page 8 Empty Re: Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB

Post by The Messiah Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 pm

At some point Ferguson thought Jonny was the best defender after Kaiser, no one is above error of judgement, I think Maldini saying Marcelo is the best left back is error of judgement, yes he scored a DEFLECTED goal against City, but does that make him the best...? NO. otherwise Alaba magical goals will also obviously make him the best.

I agree Marcelo is a good attacking fullback, but to say he his the best and then back it up with what Maldini said is just an evidence of insecurity, say for example Alaba is the best leftback in the world so also is Lahm as the best fullback in the world, I don't need Maldini or any other person telling us he's the best, it's just a sign that Mercelo and his fans are over-reacting, but well this is not the first time, at some point some Madrid fans said Oezil is better than Iniesta, I am not suprise a bit.

At 24 he has only made 15 senior appearance for his national team since 2006, that is 6 good years he has no recognition or whatsoever, but let me tell you about a boy, a boy wonder who became the best player for his country at the age of 19 and currently have more international appearance than this supposed best leftback in the world, although he has only been in his national team for only 2 years, a boy that first played in champion league final at the age of 17, 2 champions final for him in 3years, this is a feature Marcelo has never tasted, can he Marcelo top that...?

it's a free world, people believe anything these days, it's such a shame Pele the greatest player of all time thought Neymar is better than Messi, well if you apply that to this scenario then I guess we could come to a more rational conclusion, avoiding all error of judgement thereby
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Ganso wrote:What are you talking about arq?Coentrao was the one who got roasted at the alianz,Marcelo didn't even play until he came on the second half to play as a winger.He started at the bernabeu and completely bossed robben and lahm.And he was fantastic like everyone else at the supercup,Sanchez was useless.

My mistake I am getting mixed up with both legs. Marcelo struggled against Robben in the Bernebeu. I cannot see how he bossed Robben considering Robben was giving him a torrid time. I already said Sanchez was useless but then again Sanchez can't be an indicator considering he has been awful since he moved to Camp Nou.

Point is Marcelo is a winger in my opinion and the best winger on the left after Ribery.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Thought his defending was superb against City, although they didint attack alot in the left flank and CR7 was back tracking...

Hes a leftback, people...
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:18 pm

The Messiah wrote:At some point Ferguson thought Jonny was the best defender after Kaiser, no one is above error of judgement, I think Maldini saying Marcelo is the best left back is error of judgement, yes he scored a DEFLECTED goal against City, but does that make him the best...? NO. otherwise Alaba magical goals will also obviously make him the best.

I agree Marcelo is a good attacking fullback, but to say he his the best and then back it up with what Maldini said is just an evidence of insecurity, say for example Alaba is the best leftback in the world so also is Lahm as the best fullback in the world, I don't need Maldini or any other person telling us he's the best, it's just a sign that Mercelo and his fans are over-reacting, but well this is not the first time, at some point some Madrid fans said Oezil is better than Iniesta, I am not suprise a bit.

At 24 he has only made 15 senior appearance for his national team since 2006, that is 6 good years he has no recognition or whatsoever, but let me tell you about a boy, a boy wonder who became the best player for his country at the age of 19 and currently have more international appearance than this supposed best leftback in the world, although he has only been in his national team for only 2 years, a boy that first played in champion league final at the age of 17, 2 champions final for him in 3years, this is a feature Marcelo has never tasted, can he Marcelo top that...?

it's a free world, people believe anything these days, it's such a shame Pele the greatest player of all time thought Neymar is better than Messi, well if you apply that to this scenario then I guess we could come to a more rational conclusion, avoiding all error of judgement thereby

Alaba is from Austria and Marcelo is from Brazil, see the difference ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:21 pm

i dont think robben gave him a torrid time at the bernabeu at all ,at least i didnt see it .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:38 pm

robben flopped at the bernabeu,did virtually nothing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:13 am

The only winger in the world who gives Marcelo a really hard time is Navas lol

Marcelo is the best left back in the world full stop.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 am

Ganso wrote:robben flopped at the bernabeu,did virtually nothing

Robben's downfall at the Bernebeu was his guilt edge miss of chances and pathetic final ball. Yet that doesn't mean he didn't give Marcelo a torrid time.

Zealous wrote:The only winger in the world who gives Marcelo a really hard time is Navas lol

Marcelo is the best left back in the world full stop.

Mate, Joaquin, Preito, Reyes, Susaeta just off the top of my head, have made Marcelo look like a pub league defender. I don't even need to go into Europe.

If this is the standard for being the best LB in the world than its absolute comedy.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:03 am

Wasnt Marcelo getting torn to shreds vs that South African dude, Tshabalala?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:15 am

CR7 never backtracks, no wonder Marcelo is vulnerable at times. Thats why most of the times opposition attack from the left not right and that leaves Marcelo constantly at 2 v 1 or 3 v 1 situations.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:18 am

Funny thing about Marcelo...

No matter how many times he gets rapped, he still smiles. Smile
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:26 pm

Marcelo: winning the Libertadores is the biggest trophy of my career. Real Madrid lives in my heart , but Fluminense raised me.

Scenes after Fluminense beat Boca in Rio
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8