Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
kiranr
jibers
guest7
42 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB - Page 4 Empty Re: Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:43 am

Marcelo's main role isnt defending,period.If he wasnt doing his job he would have gotten benched by now.Last post in here since as many people said,this is going nowhere

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB - Page 4 Empty Re: Paolo Maldini says Marcelo is the best LB

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:44 am

jibers wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Wait i said ill stay out of this.....

But Jibers..... Baines come on man, he is god awful lol.....Mehcelo is leagues ahead of him.

lol I was just trolling. MIght as well start throwing in names seeing as this discussion isnt going to end.

Because the conversation got lost in translation so to speak. What exactly are we arguing about? Marcelo is a bad player or a bad defender? Is it about Maldini's words as it doesn't mirror one's thoughts about Marcelo? What really are we discussing here?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:49 am

I'm thoroughly confused. The consensus is that Marcelo is a wing-back and not a full-back simply because he's more nuanced in his attacks than his defending?

Either way, his position still has" back" in the name, meaning he needs to maintain some type of defensive solidity and while he's done that against lesser teams who aren't really a challenge for Madrid. The real question should be: Can he defend adequately against the best widemen in the game? Both for Madrid and for Brazil.

That's his real acid test.

Last edited by McLewis on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:Izzy not one individual from the Barcelona team can claim they owned Marcelo or that he was the reason Real lost. I am sorry, but that 2nd half bullshit is just a myth.

Never said he was the reason he lost, but to praise a player for doing poor and start spewing crap is ridiculous. They didn't need to own him becuase he left them a nice patch of grass on his side where he should have been.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:52 am

I doubt anyone is even arguing Marcelo is great at defending. I for one am arguing is not crap at defending and only decent......

He was solid his last few games for Brazil whereas Alves has recently been getting raped down his flank and provided nothing going forward.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:53 am

maldini deceived goal legacy
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:55 am

izzy26 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Izzy not one individual from the Barcelona team can claim they owned Marcelo or that he was the reason Real lost. I am sorry, but that 2nd half bullshit is just a myth.

Never said he was the reason he lost, but to praise a player for doing poor and start spewing crap is ridiculous. They didn't need to own him becuase he left them a nice patch of grass on his side where he should have been.

Wait, what? So now your claiming Barca used the space left behind Marcelo? lol he barely even left the LB area and never even went forward. I barely remember any Barca players including Alves taking advantage of the right hand side. But because his name is Marcelo it is automatically assumed that Barca took advantage of the weak link and attacked down the right because Marcelo was there. :facepalm:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:56 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:I doubt anyone is even arguing Marcelo is great at defending. I for one am arguing is not crap at defending and only decent......

He was solid his last few games for Brazil whereas Alves has recently been getting raped down his flank and provided nothing going forward.

:facepalm: *See Omarish*
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:56 am

izzy26 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:I doubt anyone is even arguing Marcelo is great at defending. I for one am arguing is not crap at defending and only decent......

But I am not Omarish lol.

Edit: He shouldn't be saying he is good at defending tbh.

Last edited by EarlyPrototype on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:57 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Wait, what? So now your claiming Barca used the space left behind Marcelo? lol he barely even left the LB area and never even went forward. I barely remember any Barca players including Alves taking advantage of the right hand side. But because his name is Marcelo it is automatically assumed that Barca took advantage of the weak link and attacked down the right because Marcelo was there. :facepalm:

Go watch the game again, espicially the 2nd half.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:57 am

Hope Maldini doesnt become Pele-ish.

First Ramos, now Marcelo?

I love him, but I dont see what he see here.

You can compare Marcelo to any leftback out there, its comparable, but I know for sure Bayern wouldnt swap Lahm for him, Liverpool fans likely wouldnt swap Enrique for him and as a Barca fan I wouldnt swap Abidal for him either...as great as he is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:58 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

But I am not Omarish lol.

Laughing That's why I said see Omarish. Razz Twisted Evil
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:58 am

izzy26 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Go watch the game again, espicially the 2nd half.

I watched the game. I don't know if you are talking about the last 15-20 mins coz if you are then that is retarded. Your team is down 3-1 you expect one of your best attackers to not go forward?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:58 am

His natural position is wing back but since Real and Brasil doesn't play with wing backs, he's a full back which isn't much a difference really. Mclewis, his positioning is not good, I could safely say that without fear or contradiction of anyone here and he still hasn't gathered the footballing intelligence of knowing when to go forward and not to go forward.

However, his attacking capabilities covers, no, wrong word, it levels his defensive flaws some bit as he really gives a serious attacking thread on the left. And since his technical ability is pretty good for a defender, it amplifies the threat.

His defending is improving but it isn't up there with the likes of Abidal and Lahm. I seriously wish my fellow RM fans would stop calling the best attacking full back in the world and just consider he is good for Real Madrid and that is literally all that matters...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:03 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:I watched the game. I don't know if you are talking about the last 15-20 mins coz if you are then that is retarded. Your team is down 3-1 you expect one of your best attackers to not go forward?
Why would I be talking about the last 20 mins?

Are guys seeing it as, 'no one has attacked Marcelo's side in a while, he's doing a good job'? He has ZERO positional sense and...................

What the hell we doing? :facepalm:

Back on topic: He ain't the best LB. eco smile

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:06 am

izzy26 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:I watched the game. I don't know if you are talking about the last 15-20 mins coz if you are then that is retarded. Your team is down 3-1 you expect one of your best attackers to not go forward?
Why would I be talking about the last 20 mins?

Are guys seeing it as, 'no one has attacked Marcelo's side in a while, he's doing a good job'? He has ZERO positional sense and...................

What the hell we doing? :facepalm:

Back on topic: He ain't the best LB. eco smile

I only troll when I say he is the greatest LB in football history lol.

Lahm is the only person I would swap Marcelo for tbh.

Marcelo has come leaps and bounds since 2007 and he was shit back then and it is harsh to call him still shit at defending. Still the best LB in the world going forward. Razz
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:09 am

I wouldn't swap Marcelo for Lahm, Enrique or Abidal.

The "I wouldn't swap A for B" argument doesn't really apply when rating players.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:09 am

Doc wrote:His natural position is wing back but since Real and Brasil doesn't play with wing backs, he's a full back which isn't much a difference really. Mclewis, his positioning is not good, I could safely say that without fear or contradiction of anyone here and he still hasn't gathered the footballing intelligence of knowing when to go forward and not to go forward.

However, his attacking capabilities covers, no, wrong word, it levels his defensive flaws some bit as he really gives a serious attacking thread on the left. And since his technical ability is pretty good for a defender, it amplifies the threat.

His defending is improving but it isn't up there with the likes of Abidal and Lahm. I seriously wish my fellow RM fans would stop calling the best attacking full back in the world and just consider he is good for Real Madrid and that is literally all that matters...

this. end of thread.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:12 am

Zealous wrote:I wouldn't swap Marcelo for Lahm, Enrique or Abidal.

The "I wouldn't swap A for B" argument doesn't really apply when rating players.

Wasnt rating him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:12 am

im convinced people dont rate him because of his afro....

really.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:19 am

Marcelo isnt even a full-back.

I feel his attacking prowess is hindered by playing him at LB.I think he should be playing at left wing at Real madrid.

Sell Cronaldo,play Marcelo at left wing and Coentrao at LB.You will be guaranteed better results :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:21 am

izzy26 wrote:

I've been saying he is solid... look through this thread

is "solid" too much? Becouse I think he is a solid defender. Solid as he can do his job, but he is not the best at it, nor great at it. But he gets the job done.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:40 am

zanetti, lahm, criscito and cheilini among others i dont have time to think of are all better and much much more rounded...marcelo gets hyped so much simply because he come from madrid and happens to be brazilian...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:43 am

Doesn't Criscito play left wing now and I've seen Chiellni at left back and I'll leave him at CB for the foreseeable future, he's world class there.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:46 am

Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:48 am

This argument shouldve ended at the mention of lahm.

Last edited by michael1 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next