Quinten Metsys
MJ
canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 28 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong can sense his game rapidly improving this season.

The youngster has tasted first team action in recent weeks.

He told arenal.com: "I am definitely less reckless on the pitch now. Since the Liverpool game when I got sent off I feel like I'm a different player. I still try my best to go into challenges but I think twice about what kind of challenges I go in for. That's normal and I'm just looking to learn.

"I felt sad after Liverpool because I felt like I let my team-mates down. We were having a good game and as soon as I came off Liverpool scored two goals so I was a bit sad. I'm just trying my best not to get sent off again so we can't say we lost the game because of me!"

Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was furious with goalkeeper Vito Mannone over his howler in defeat to Olympiakos.

His clanger gifted the Greeks a second goal as the Gunners suffered a first Champions League defeat this season.

Arsenal had already clinched top spot in Group F but boss Wenger rapped: "I am annoyed. It's difficult to single out (individuals). We did not help our goalkeepers. We exposed them with the lack of quality and in the end they were quite brave.

"I feel offensively and defensively we were not convincing. We lost many challenges.

"You could feel there was more at stake for Olympiakos than us. I think that made us insecure defensively."

I guess at the end of the season either Lukasz or Manone or both are gonna quit Arsenal FC.I hope Emi Martinez can fill this void,come next season.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:16 pm

http://twitter.com/Chiic4

Someone should invite her to come and join GL. Very Happy Arsenal Lobby - Page 28 Imagesww
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:http://twitter.com/Chiic4

Someone should invite her to come and join GL. Very Happy Arsenal Lobby - Page 28 Imagesww

On it Cool

.....after 5 minutes of staring at her Twitter page I realized that there's no 'send message' button and remembered that I have no idea how to use Twitter :facepalm:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Omg check out those BIG BROWN couch

Or those tow long Trees behind her

Razz
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:37 pm

MJGunner wrote:

On it Cool

.....after 5 minutes of staring at her Twitter page I realized that there's no 'send message' button and remembered that I have no idea how to use Twitter :facepalm:

LOL, I know, I just recently found out that Twitter and Facebook are 2 different things. Very Happy

Those who have Twitter please invite her to come and join us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Spider wrote:

Razz
Really? I'm dissapointed.

How did you miss those amazing exotic shoes!?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Goonerete? bring her in Rolling Eyes
----
RG what happend to 9jafan?
negotiations ongoing
or spuds hijacked deal for their (non-existent Laughing ) section
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:17 pm

he is hard to get in contact with lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:45 pm

hahahaha Spider and Sushi.

If she did end up joining I bet she'd have something to say about us discussing that tight... and smooth...leather couch she's sitting on What a Face
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:46 pm

where is goalol....shaqiri starts vs MANURE bounce
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Played this little soccer game called freekick on my phone. The funny part is, Henry is spelt 'Henli'........ :facepalm:

Thought i'd share
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

The Verminator wrote:Played this little soccer game called freekick on my phone. The funny part is, Henry is spelt 'Henli'........ :facepalm:

Thought i'd share

they can't use real player names or they would owe them royalties
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:55 am

By failing to qualify, United (and City) have missed out on a potential £25m

In 10-11 season United won £45m uefa prize money by reaching the CL final. This season they have won just £10m from the competition.

Very Happy
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:59 am

MJGunner wrote:hahahaha Spider and Sushi.

If she did end up joining I bet she'd have something to say about us discussing that tight... and smooth...leather couch she's sitting on What a Face

LLLMMMFFAAOOO !!!!
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 am

ali8775 wrote:
Kwame2u wrote:BTW, I think some of the youngsters (Pong, Coquelin, Ox, Miquel) need to be given oppotunities with the 1st team regulars. This would obviously improve their game.

Squad Rotation. Some1 mentioned it b4, Ox should have been thrown in during the later stages of the Wigan game.

For some games, leave Arteta on the bench as backup and give Pong the Def. Mid role. Let Song play B2B or Coquelin on to play B2B.

This would definitely make them a lotta good

welcome to the forum you ghanian legend! cheers

Thanks MJGunner
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:31 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Spider wrote:

Razz
Really? I'm dissapointed.

How did you miss those amazing exotic shoes!?

I don't know about you bro but i would play all night long with this BIG ROUND ring
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:59 am

Jack Wilshere has increased the size of his bet with Jermain Defoe from £3,000 to £5,000. Wilshere: "Spurs are due a bad patch".

Wilshere: "If all goes well, I should be back early in the new year, sometime in January."

Wilshere: "I think we are still in the title race. Man City are the favorites but they can still slip up. We have to keep going."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Arsenal midfielder Yossi Benayoun believes the club's recent good form has helped fans forget about former stars Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

Supporters were disappointed to lose two of their most most influential players during the summer, though Benayoun is hoping they are now starting to see the quality of Arsene Wenger’s signings.

“Fabregas and Nasri are both good players, and maybe the fans expected other names, or bigger names,” Benayoun told The Mirror.

“But all the players bought on the last day have proved themselves and we are playing much better and winning games.

“The supporters now understand that we have a good team with a lot of quality, and I think they have forgotten about the other players already.

“We are only two points from Chelsea now, Tottenham and Manchester United are not that far ahead.

"We beat Chelsea away. If you do that, you can beat any team. We showed the quality and we just need to keep working in every game and prove ourselves.”

Benayoun has enjoyed his time with the Gunners though he remained tight-lipped over whether or not he will be staying permanently.

“I can only concentrate on the loan and we will see at the end of the season," he said.

“Arsenal have the option to take me for the rest of my contract with Chelsea, another two years, but it’s too early to speak about this.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Kwame2u wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
Kwame2u wrote:BTW, I think some of the youngsters (Pong, Coquelin, Ox, Miquel) need to be given oppotunities with the 1st team regulars. This would obviously improve their game.

Squad Rotation. Some1 mentioned it b4, Ox should have been thrown in during the later stages of the Wigan game.

For some games, leave Arteta on the bench as backup and give Pong the Def. Mid role. Let Song play B2B or Coquelin on to play B2B.

This would definitely make them a lotta good

welcome to the forum you ghanian legend! cheers

Thanks MJGunner

haha that's Ali who welcomed you but a warm welcome from me too! Glad we're growing and you're making quality posts cheers
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere to face Uefa betting probe over Emmanuel Frimpong tweets - report

The Sun claims that Uefa are looking into the tweets. Players are prohibited from participating in any sort of betting activity related to Uefa competitions.

Wilshere tweeted suggesting he would bet on team-mate Emmanuel Frimpong to score first, but claims the messages were a joke.

"[Frimpong] first goal is 150-1... worth a cheeky £10 right?" Wilshere said in a tweet that has since been deleted.

"Frimmy nearly won me some money there!" he added when Frimpong hit the side netting during the match.

After the match Wilshere looked to clarify his comments, insisting they were made only in jest.

"I didn't actually bet on the game. I know we're not allowed to! I was only messing #justtobeclear," he said.

That will not stop Uefa from probing the matter more closely, according to the report.

"All persons bound by Uefa's rules must refrain from any behaviour that could damage the integrity of matches and competitions," a Uefa spokesman was quoted as saying.

"A breach of these principles is committed by anyone who participates directly or indirectly in betting or who has a financial interest in such activities."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack has to stop all this betting shit on twitter and stop with spurs. He should concentrate on getting better and help the team out.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger may need to promote 17-year-old Swiss defender Martin Angha to the first team to face Everton on Saturday because he is so short of recognised full-backs.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Jack has to stop all this betting shit on twitter and stop with spurs. He should concentrate on getting better and help the team out.

I don't see what's wrong, personally. UEFA can investigate but what they're going to find? Wilshere betting on his best friend as a bit of banter. Nothing sinister whatsoever. That's even assuming he made a bet.

And the Spurs stuff is great. It's not like he's spending all his time on twitter winding up Spurs fans.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Arsenal will assess the injuries to Diaby and Wilshere before deciding whether to loan out Frimpong and Coquelin. http://tgr.ph/vvIOVb
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Love: Fabianski.. Very Happy

Arsenal Lobby - Page 28 Article-2071587-0F1A4F6900000578-462_468x323

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 28 Empty Lehmann trolling on City

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Heart Jens Lehmann claims the Champions League is better off without Manchester City after they failed to reach the knockout stages.

The Blues have dropped down to the Europa League, even though they beat Bayern Munich 2-0 at Eastlands, because Napoli secured the required point to progress against Villarreal.

But former Arsenal and Germany shot-stopper Lehmann believes the competition will benefit from having the Italians in it, rather than Roberto Mancini's men.

“Man City play very, very boring football”Jens Lehmann

"Man City play very, very boring football," he told German satellite station Sky. "They just make their opponents fall asleep with lots of possession. But to be honest, that is not tactically very demanding. The way they play here is the way any amateur team plays, only not on such good grass.

"They just pack men behind the ball, have five against two and just move the ball around. The goal then just comes from a fortunate circumstance."

Lehmann, who played in the Champions League final for Arsenal against Barcelona in 2006, albeit for only 18 minutes before being sent off, was also unimpressed by the atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium.

"There was no life in the stadium," he said. "It was dead. The fans are so quiet. You have got to say, though, that they have not got anything really to get excited about here. They had possession all of the time, albeit in their own half where nothing was happening.

"It is a shame because it is not typical English football. Napoli have heart and passion and I liked them. It is good that they have gone through. We don't want to see Manchester City in the Champions League."
[/quote][quote]
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next