MJ
canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 27 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by bloodless Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 am

MJGunner wrote:
Kwame2u wrote:Liverpool will slide even further, now that they have no Lucas. They will also b without Spearing, the most experienced of their Def.mid covers, for 2 games.

Somehow deep down, I feel we can even eventually overtake ManU, at the rate our guys r performing.

And at the rate they're performing. They can't go on winning by 1 goal differential. Their slim luck will evaporate.

while if it was any team i would agree but wiht united, expect them to keep winning 1 goal difference, a few last minute equalizer to ge a draw and then win the really important games nd take title...been story of PL for past 4 yrs tbh

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:41 am

The only thing United have going for them is massive depth. They can withstand injuries and the long road to the title better than us.

This will all change once Goetze, Reus, Podolski and Eto'o join us in January, though :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:58 am

Sushi Master wrote:The only thing United have going for them is massive depth. They can withstand injuries and the long road to the title better than us.

This will all change once Goetze, Reus, Podolski and Eto'o join us in January, though :coffee:

Samuel Eto'o's reported salary at Anzhi equates to £167,825 per week (BBC) smoking
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Arsene Wenger says Brazil starlet Neymar would be his dream signing.

The 19-year-old forward, who plays for Santos in his native Brazil, is one of the most in-demand players in the world with a host of top clubs chasing him including Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea.

Arsenal have not been linked with a move for the player but boss Wenger admitted he would sign him if he could afford it.

The Frenchman said: "If I had the money today, I'd put it on Neymar.

"You can't say that Neymar is Pele as he had won the World Cup by the age of 17.

"He has the potential to be one of the future great strikers but at the moment there's a big difference between the Brazilian league and a European league."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:43 pm

No Emirates cup next summer due to Olympics http://bit.ly/vnfnpK
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:No Emirates cup next summer due to Olympics http://bit.ly/vnfnpK

there it goes our last trophy hope Razz
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admits he loves Emmanuel Frimpong's "raw enthusiasm" and does not want him to lose it, but suggested that he struggles to keep his calm during games.

The 19-year-old saw red against Liverpool and recently had a confrontation in the tunnel with Samir Nasri after the League Cup defeat to Manchester City.

Wenger insists he is a big admirer of the player he calls a “fighter” and looks set to start him in Arsenal’s final group game of the Champions League against Olympiakos, but insists the youngster must contain his energy and convert it into performances on the pitch.

“I love his raw enthusiasm. I love it," he told reporters. "The problem is to keep him on the right track.

"You don’t want to see him lose that. He’s a real fighter - you would love to go to war with Frimpong. But he also has to use his energy in a positive way because sometimes too much energy can be a handicap.

“He learns, because he has a good mixture of confidence, humility and energy. So after the heat [of the moment], he accepts that he needs to think about what is wrong and right.

“He can get influenced by the crowd. Football is mad about what the game wants, not what the fans in the stands want. Good players always respond to the game situation and making the right decision and taking all the emotional part out of it.

“That’s a question of experience. When you are young you think you have a strong shot and people say, 'Come on, have a go.’ You are tempted to do it even though you have a pass to make.

“At 24, you think, ‘Come on, I have a pass to make.’”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsene Wenger says Brazil starlet Neymar would be his dream signing.

The 19-year-old forward, who plays for Santos in his native Brazil, is one of the most in-demand players in the world with a host of top clubs chasing him including Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea.

Arsenal have not been linked with a move for the player but boss Wenger admitted he would sign him if he could afford it.

The Frenchman said: "If I had the money today, I'd put it on Neymar.

"You can't say that Neymar is Pele as he had won the World Cup by the age of 17.

"He has the potential to be one of the future great strikers but at the moment there's a big difference between the Brazilian league and a European league."

I posted this in the Rumors Section just now.

No Offence,but I hope all the rumors get posted in the rumors section so that the same article isn't multiple posted/posted everywhere...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Arsenal legend Ian Wright feels a top four finish this season will be among Arsene Wenger's greatest ever triumphs.

Wright wrote in The Sun: "Arsenal have enjoyed some unbelievable triumphs in the 15 years Arsene Wenger has been boss.

"But if they finish this season in the top four, it will be up there with Wenger's greatest achievements during his reign.

"And if they do so without adding to the squad in January, it would be even more incredible because — for all the turnaround in results — Wenger needs to strengthen.

"There is already a lot of humble pie being served up to those who criticised them earlier in the season — me included. And nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing the Gunners continue in their current form."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is excited to be starting against Champions League opponents Olympiakos.

Frimpong has battled his way back to fitness following a serious knee injury.

The 19-year-old is relishing another opportunity to stake his claim for a regular first team place in what is set to be a white-hot atmosphere at the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium.

"This is why you are playing for Arsenal, because you are used to dealing with this kind of stuff," said Ghana-born Frimpong, who came to England when he was eight and was brought up near Tottenham.

"When you are a professional footballer, you want to play in those kind of stadiums and environments.

"Tomorrow is going to be a test of character, not only for me but for others and we have to deal with it."

Frimpong admits there were times during his rehabilitation when doubts crept in over whether he would have a future with the Gunners.

"I knew I would come back to playing football, but felt I was never going to get my chance at Arsenal again."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger can understand the motivation behind Robin van Persie's stunning form.

Having been sidelined in previous seasons, Wenger knows his captain is revelling in his new-found opportunity.

“When you see the player that arrived and the player he is today then you have to give him a lot of credit,” the manager told arsenal.com. “His transformation has been exceptional.

“We have all played football because we wanted to enjoy it. He is a football lover. He watches tapes and knows all about the game. Then he wants to be on the pitch. Maybe he has been so frustrated by being out so many times that he rates what a chance it is to play for Arsenal.

“He has had an outstanding season so let’s hope we can keep him fit. He has played I think 48 games in the calendar year. That is the most he has played.

“He is talented and now he is the leader of the Club. At a club like Arsenal that is not easy and he does it remarkably well.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Arsenal have now only conceded more than a single goal once in their last 16 matches in all competitions, and kept a clean sheet on Saturday as Wigan were ruthlessly dismissed 4-0 at the DW Stadium.

Don't know how to interpret this stat...

1.Has the defence started playing extremely well?
2.Has the midfield started supporting the defence better?
3.Has selling Fabregas and replacing him with a defence-minded player like Arteta has helped the defence?
4.Has the defeat to ManU(8-2) inspired Arsenal to such heights in defence?
5.All of the above
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:13 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:
Arsenal have now only conceded more than a single goal once in their last 16 matches in all competitions, and kept a clean sheet on Saturday as Wigan were ruthlessly dismissed 4-0 at the DW Stadium.

3.Has selling Fabregas and replacing him with a defence-minded player like Arteta has helped the defence?
5.All of the above

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:23 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:

5.All of the above

5 but mostly 2 and 3.

I love how Arteta plays, very humbly. He does his tidy work and then drops back to help the defense, it's very underrated so I was glad to see him rewarded with that screamer against Wigan cheers
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:15 pm

bloodless wrote:
MJGunner wrote:
Kwame2u wrote:Liverpool will slide even further, now that they have no Lucas. They will also b without Spearing, the most experienced of their Def.mid covers, for 2 games.

Somehow deep down, I feel we can even eventually overtake ManU, at the rate our guys r performing.

And at the rate they're performing. They can't go on winning by 1 goal differential. Their slim luck will evaporate.

while if it was any team i would agree but wiht united, expect them to keep winning 1 goal difference, a few last minute equalizer to ge a draw and then win the really important games nd take title...been story of PL for past 4 yrs tbh
Very true.. but the depth of City is also massive which will make it difficult to happen... Liverpool had 100 million + signings... looks a fantastic squad too.. Adam, Downing, all great... stilol no results.. tongue
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:33 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:

5.All of the above
1 and 2...
the difference.. Verminator.. whenevr he plays we have no problems.. be it with Kos, Met or Djurou...
the wingers and midfield now support the defence more.. a much needed change..
Arteta is doing now what Wilshere did last season.. Gervinho has replaced Nasri... Clichy is just a forgotten chapter now and i feel it happened for the good.. Cesc loss has reduced our creativity by a large margin.. But if Ramsey rises more.. we have our huge losses replaced in just half a season and we join the fight...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:No Emirates cup next summer due to Olympics http://bit.ly/vnfnpK
I guess this disproves the rumour in the summer that we only weren't having it next year because it was losing us money.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Eman wrote:
I guess this disproves the rumour in the summer that we only weren't having it next year because it was losing us money.

I doubt we're going to have it again. That rumour wasn't a rumour.. It was from the AGM of the AST or something.. I think Gazidis said we'd review if it would happen hence.. Anyway, the olympics gives a good reason for not having it!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 am

srigooner wrote:I doubt we're going to have it again. That rumour wasn't a rumour.. It was from the AGM of the AST or something.. I think Gazidis said we'd review if it would happen hence.. Anyway, the olympics gives a good reason for not having it!
From Arsenal.com:
"Arsenal intend to hold the Emirates Cup as usual in 2013. Gazidis continued: 'We are already planning ahead to bring three high profile clubs to Emirates Stadium for 2013.'" :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:09 am

don't like it anymore....i went to the last one because Milan came,ever since the standard of the clubs have been a bit meh
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:20 am

BTW, I think some of the youngsters (Pong, Coquelin, Ox, Miquel) need to be given oppotunities with the 1st team regulars. This would obviously improve their game.

Squad Rotation. Some1 mentioned it b4, Ox should have been thrown in during the later stages of the Wigan game.

For some games, leave Arteta on the bench as backup and give Pong the Def. Mid role. Let Song play B2B or Coquelin on to play B2B.

This would definitely make them a lotta good
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:15 am

The 3rd Round FA Cup game between Arsenal and Leeds will be played on Monday 9th January at 7:45pm (Live on ESPN)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:55 pm

MJGunner wrote:
ernie_schwarz wrote:

5.All of the above

5 but mostly 2 and 3.

I love how Arteta plays, very humbly. He does his tidy work and then drops back to help the defense, it's very underrated so I was glad to see him rewarded with that screamer against Wigan cheers

Arsenal Lobby - Page 27 W8nvvn
Uh oh...I think he heard you.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Kwame2u wrote:BTW, I think some of the youngsters (Pong, Coquelin, Ox, Miquel) need to be given oppotunities with the 1st team regulars. This would obviously improve their game.

Squad Rotation. Some1 mentioned it b4, Ox should have been thrown in during the later stages of the Wigan game.

For some games, leave Arteta on the bench as backup and give Pong the Def. Mid role. Let Song play B2B or Coquelin on to play B2B.

This would definitely make them a lotta good

welcome to the forum you ghanian legend! cheers
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:50 pm

ali8775 wrote:
MJGunner wrote:
ernie_schwarz wrote:

5.All of the above

5 but mostly 2 and 3.

Arsenal Lobby - Page 27 W8nvvn
Uh oh...I think he heard you.

Arsenal Lobby - Page 27 Arsenal-mikel-arteta+cropped

Arteta don't give a shit Very Happy
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong can sense his game rapidly improving this season.

The youngster has tasted first team action in recent weeks.

He told arenal.com: "I am definitely less reckless on the pitch now. Since the Liverpool game when I got sent off I feel like I'm a different player. I still try my best to go into challenges but I think twice about what kind of challenges I go in for. That's normal and I'm just looking to learn.

"I felt sad after Liverpool because I felt like I let my team-mates down. We were having a good game and as soon as I came off Liverpool scored two goals so I was a bit sad. I'm just trying my best not to get sent off again so we can't say we lost the game because of me!"
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next