---------------------------------

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 15 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Sri Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:32 am

RIP Alf Fields 1918-2011.

47 years at the club; having turned professional in 1937 he became one of the Gunners’ greatest servants over a course of 47 years in a variety of roles, from player, coach and then trainer for the Club’s reserves and youth teams before gaining an FA trainer’s certificate and working as the Arsenal physiotherapist.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:47 am

Well, Ox does have a good shot on him:

Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:58 am

Most of his goals were outside the box, but okay .__.

His trap on the second one was beastly affraid.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Carl Jenkinson expects Arsenal to improve their away form this season after their 5-3 victory over rivals Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in October.The win against Andre Villas-Boas' men was the Gunners' first away from home this season in the league, and Jenkinson believes there will be an improvement ahead of Saturday's trip to Carrow Road to play Norwich City.

"The Chelsea win was a big pick-up for us," Jenkinson told Arsenal Player. "It was nice because we know what we are capable of.

"Not many teams have gone to Stamford Bridge and scored five goals and after that win I think our away form will go from strength to strength.

"Norwich are doing well and from what I've seen their home form has been good as well. They are obviously a good side so no-one will be going there thinking it will be anything other than a difficult game.

"We've got to make sure we are fully focused because it's going to be a battle. We won't be taking anything for granted but hopefully we can go there and get a good result."

Arsenal beat West Brom 3-0 in their last match before the international break, and Jenkinson says it was important to secure three points ahead of two weeks without a fixture.

"It just makes your life a whole lot more pleasant," he said. "When you lose it takes a lot out of you and two weeks is a long time to dwell on a defeat, so it was really important to get a good result against West Brom.

"Everyone went away with a positive mindset compared to when you draw or lose. I think it was vital we got that, now everyone is feeling positive. Hopefully everyone will come back without any injuries and we'll be ready to crack on against Norwich."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Arsenal academy chief Liam Brady feels Jack Wilshere can be a world star.

Wilshere is currently on the sidelines with a foot injury and isn’t expected to be back in action until February at the earliest.

“We all want to see him back quickly,” Brady told talkSPORT. “I think the Arsenal team badly need him back, it’s going to be a better team with Jack in it.

“As he gets older, he’s going to take over the mantle as the main man in the middle of the park, both for Arsenal and England, and we could do with getting him back as quickly as possible.

“He’s a talent everyone is missing at the moment.

“Jack has so much self-belief, he wants to get better at his craft and he’s going to work hard to make himself the best player he possibly can.

“I think that’s the exciting thing about him, he’s not going to rest on his laurels and get carried away with the fact he’s earning a lot of money, he’s going to get better and better.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Barcelona star Cesc Fabregas has been revealed as the culprit behind Pizza-Gate.

The People says Fabregas WAS at the centre of the Old Trafford Pizzagate scandal.

In 2004 Man United beat Arsenal 2-0 and afterwards there was war in the tunnel. Arsene Wenger allegedly branded Ruud van Nistelrooy a cheat, Alex Ferguson came out to confront the Frenchman ... and was splatted.

Ferguson was forced to change clothes before doing TV interviews. Fabregas was always rumoured to be the culprit – and Martin Keown finally confirmed it,this week on 5 Live.

WTF......?
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Kristoffer Olsson is delighted with his move to Arsenal.

The Swedish teen joined Arsenal in the summer, despite interest from Manchester United.

“I first came over last November and then again last February and after that I was told Arsenal wanted to sign me. That was fantastic news for me. Even though I had an affection for Manchester United before coming to Arsenal, I would not want to be anywhere but here,” Olsson told arsenal.com.

“I am now an Arsenal fan 100 per cent and maybe one day I will dye my hair red like Freddie Ljungberg did!”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Arsenal fullback Nico Yennaris admits he looks up to senior teammate Thomas Vermaelen.

Yennaris was able to play with the Belgian defender in their Carling Cup win over Bolton Wanderers.

“Thomas is just unbelievable, you can see he's a winner,” he told Arsenal Player. “He's a great presence to have in the team and a true leader on and off the pitch.

“Everybody knows how good he is so when he's back it's a big boost to the manager. He's a top-class player. When we're called up to train with the first team we are involved with the likes of him and he trains how he plays."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:03 pm

With six wins from their past seven matches in all competitions, you could say that Arsenal are back on track.

But manager Arsene Wenger feels there is plenty of improvement to be had by his players as they strive to push further up the Premier League table and remain alive in the Carling Cup and Champions League.

The Gunners boss received plenty of criticism earlier in the campaign and although things have now settled down, he wants more from his players.

“At the moment I feel we are more focused - saying 'look I am right' is less important for me than trying to continue the quality of our team and our results," Wenger told Arsenal's official website.

"There is still room for improvement so we are focused on that.

"I am convinced we have been right, but what you want is that people who love Arsenal are happy and I think at the moment to do that we still have a job to do."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson says they won't take Norwich City lightly.

Jenkinson insists there will be no sense of complacency at Carrow Road for Saturday's televised encounter.

"Norwich are doing well and from what I've seen their home form has been good as well. They are obviously a good side so no one will be going there thinking it will be anything other than a difficult game," the 19-year-old full-back told Arsenal Player.

"We have got to make sure we are fully focused because it's going to be a battle.

"We won't be taking anything for granted, but hopefully we can go there and get a good result.

"Hopefully everyone will come back without any injuries and we'll be ready to crack on against Norwich."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Sorry for the posts overload...My bad...Didn't realize I had posted so much...

Last edited by ernie_schwarz on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:06 pm

FORGOTTEN man Yossi Benayoun still has a big part to play at Arsenal, according to Arsene Wenger.
Benayoun made the short move across London on deadline day in August when he signed on a season-long loan from Chelsea.

But the Israeli midfielder has struggled to force his way into the Gunners' first team and is yet to make a Premier League start.

However, Wenger has been impressed by the ex-Liverpool man and believes he will become a key player in the coming months.

The Arsenal boss said: "He is doing well at the moment.

"The season is so long that he will play his part and I am convinced that he will be an important player for us.

"His experience can make a big difference at some stage."

Benayoun was one of five signings made towards the end of the summer transfer window, joining Mikel Arteta, Per Mertesacker, Chu-Young Park and Andre Santos as Arsenal's latest top Guns.

And Wenger insists the experience of the quintet altered the mindset in the Arsenal camp instantly.

The Frenchman added: "I am adamant that the players we brought in during the summer are top quality.

"They are also top quality men who have brought something to the dressing room — that is vital.

"They all have ambition and you could see that straight away after two or three days when the whole dynamic changed."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:46 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:Barcelona star Cesc Fabregas has been revealed as the culprit behind Pizza-Gate.

The People says Fabregas WAS at the centre of the Old Trafford Pizzagate scandal.

In 2004 Man United beat Arsenal 2-0 and afterwards there was war in the tunnel. Arsene Wenger allegedly branded Ruud van Nistelrooy a cheat, Alex Ferguson came out to confront the Frenchman ... and was splatted.

Ferguson was forced to change clothes before doing TV interviews. Fabregas was always rumoured to be the culprit – and Martin Keown finally confirmed it,this week on 5 Live.

WTF......?

LOL, I remember when this happened. Everybody knew it was Cesc xD
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 pm

the_gooner wrote:
ernie_schwarz wrote:Barcelona star Cesc Fabregas has been revealed as the culprit behind Pizza-Gate.

WTF......?

LOL, I remember when this happened. Everybody knew it was Cesc xD

LOL, Cesc hahhahaha.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Hazard: "If one day I leave will be at Real Madrid or Arsenal"
·

Zinedine Zidane said in the pages of MAKE Eden Hazard has conditions to play for Real Madrid · The young French midfielder tells Belgian Lille in the future would like to play in the club or the Arsenal target
02/04/10 - 09:06.
prints
sends
shares
comments
Marca published this week in three chapters an extensive interview with Zinedine Zidane in the fifth largest in the history of football has reviewed all the current issues in football. Well, the last of them, yesterday, the former French football player showed his weakness by Eden Hazard , a young Belgian player who plays for Lille French and that 'Zizou' is prepared to make the leap to Real Madrid "Hazard is the crack of the future: it is very good and will be even more. I would sign for Real Madrid with my eyes closed," said Florentino Perez's personal advisor.
Well, Paul Polo, editor MARK, yesterday visited the 'signing' of Zidane. Hazard received him at Lille, where there is an idol. The first thing the young Belgian midfielder was grateful for the praise of former French international: "The praises of 'Zizou' I have come to the soul," admitted one who insisted Hazard "is a compliment that someone like him to say good things me. "
Such is the quality of Hazard, who not only Zidane has his name on the agenda. Arsenal, Bayern, Juventus and Sevilla are among the clubs that are very close to the revelation of Belgian football. Moreover, Arsene Wenger, through his scouts, he would have taken an interest. Insluso in France suggest that would have offered twenty million euros for his transfer. He, however, is clear what his fate will be if in the future leaves Lille. "If some day I leave will be at Real Madrid or Arsenal."
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:51 am

ARSENAL are preparing a £10million bid for Toulouse midfielder Etienne Capoue.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants the France Under-21 star after being priced out of his top target — £25m-rated Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila.

The 6ft 2ins Capoue, 23, can play as a defensive midfielder or in the back four and has scored three goals in 11 games this season.

He is currently out for a month after suffering a head injury in training.

(The Sun)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:09 am

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:59 am

New Post - Germany push away from Holland, close in on World champions http://bit.ly/sLe5CS
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey says his nickname 'Rambo' has been with him since his junior days.

The Wales captain was asked about his nickname by Chinese fans in a Q&A.

"I think it was during when I was Under-11s or Under-12s. There was a little fight that happened on the pitch and I got substituted off. Afterwards there was a big joke about me being a bit like Rambo and it's stuck with me ever since."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says his summer signings have changed the atmosphere inside the locker room.

Wenger brought in five players over the summer before adding Mikel Arteta, Per Mertesacker, Yossi Benayoun, Ju-Young Park and Andre Santos just before the transfer window closed on August 31.

According to Wenger, the experience of that quintet altered the mindset in the Arsenal camp.

"I am adamant that the players we brought in during the summer are top quality," the Frenchman told Arsenal Player.

"They are also top quality men who have brought something to the dressing room - that is vital. They all have ambition and you could see that straight away after two or three days when the whole dynamic changed."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Arsenal fullback Carl Jenkinson is pleased with the praise coming his way from manager Arsene Wenger.

Wenger has praised the rate of Jenkinson's improvement in recent months and he demonstrated his trust in the 19-year-old by fielding him against West Bromwich Albion instead of playing a centre back out of position. It didn't go unnoticed.

"It's a very flattering thing for him to do that and believe in me," Jenkinson told Arsenal Player.

"Obviously I'm still young but I do think I am capable of playing. I've got the ability and I have it in me to be playing now - it's just up to me to play well, take my chances and make sure I keep that place.

"It's very nice for him to believe in me and put me in the team in the first place. Obviously over the years he's put faith in youngsters but when it's you, you're that bit more grateful."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Chamberlain's replies during a Q&A session with Arsenal fans...

About his idol(s):

"For me it was Thierry Henry. I think him and Gianfranco Zola. Zola was quite similar to me because he was small, and I was one of the smallest growing up. I used to watch him a lot, and of course Thierry because he was unbelievable. He just used to score every week - Match of the Day just used to be him scoring goals for fun."

About his future:

"I never played Sunday League football, I went straight into an Academy from when I was seven. The way he(Chamberlain Snr.) brought me up to play might have been similar to him, but I was always a central midfielder whereas he was a winger. It's only recently that people say I play a bit like him."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:ARSENAL are preparing a £10million bid for Toulouse midfielder Etienne Capoue.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants the France Under-21 star after being priced out of his top target — £25m-rated Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila.

The 6ft 2ins Capoue, 23, can play as a defensive midfielder or in the back four and has scored three goals in 11 games this season.

He is currently out for a month after suffering a head injury in training.

(The Sun)

I'd rather keep Frimpong and Coquelin long term than sign either M'Vila or any other (defensive) midfielder. Have my head if you will. smoking

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:32 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:New Post - Germany push away from Holland, close in on World champions http://bit.ly/sLe5CS
good articles getting better and better.keep it up Very Happy
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:49 pm

sina90 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:New Post - Germany push away from Holland, close in on World champions http://bit.ly/sLe5CS
good articles getting better and better.keep it up Very Happy

Thumbs up

Sorry to anyone if you get annoyed when I post my article links here, I will stop if necessary.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next