Quinten Metsys
MJ
canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 14 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal will listen to offers for Chamakh, Almunia and Squillaci in January. http://bit.ly/uZMe09

cheers

Now that is some good news. banana banana banana

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Decided to change my avatar.

banana

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Barcelona will offer upwards of £15m for Alex Song next summer - Cesc Fabregas rates former team-mate very highly http://bit.ly/ta2V6R
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:26 am

Song? Hands off him Barca, the lad is too good for your squad really.

Plus, the report is extremely vague and has no basis whatsoever.
In all cases, if we were to sell him, I wouldn't let him go for anything less than 25 million. He's that important to our team
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:35 am

I don't know why Song would leave. Wenger is like a father to him, and he's settled in England with a wife and two children. I think he's gone on record saying that he's very happy and has a very stable life in England, which is something that's very important to him.

I know Song's contract expires soon, so maybe that'll play a part in any potential transfer saga, but I see Song as someone who can easily acheive iconic status with us.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:39 am

Song still has three years left on his contract. Wenger is trying to make them four, but according to the article it seems that if we don't make it four then we'll try to sell him :facepalm:
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:56 am

if song goes to barca he'll regret it. yaya, keita, need i say more?
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:28 pm

song is probably the best DM we have since Gilberto. Should not be let go at all cost

Barca can keep their hands off

Last edited by RealGunner on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:33 pm

He'd be stupid if he leaves arsenal for Barca because he is not going to get time there and will sit on bench for most of the time.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Arsenal may struggle to keep Robin van Persie, says Cesc Fábregas

• Former captain says his old club must keep star striker
• Dutchman wants to discuss a new contract next summer

Arsenal Lobby - Page 14 Robin-van-Persie-Chelsea--007
Robin van Persie has scored 29 goals in 28 Premier League games for Arsenal. Photograph: Andy Rain/EPA
Cesc Fábregas says Arsenal "cannot afford to lose" Robin van Persie but admits the club may be powerless in their attempts to keep him. Van Persie's contractual stand‑off has been one of the worrying issues of the early season for Arsenal, with the captain having indicated that he does not want to discuss fresh terms until the summer, when he would have 12 months to run on his deal.

The manager, Arsène Wenger, and the majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, have both said that the club had no option but to sell Samir Nasri to Manchester City in August, when he had entered the final 12 months on his contract and refused to sign a new one. The fear is that they could find themselves in the same situation with Van Persie.

Fábregas was the other key player to leave Arsenal in the summer, when he completed his long-mooted move back to Barcelona but he has continued to follow the team's results and he remains in contact with some of the players, particularly Van Persie, 28, who succeeded him as captain. He has 34 goals in 39 appearances in all competitions for the club in 2011 and 29 in 28 Premier League games.

"I don't know if they will keep him," Fábregas said. "It is his decision. At his age, if he wants to move, it will be his last chance and it he wants to stay he will stay and retire at Arsenal. We will see what he decides but he's been very loyal to Arsenal for a few years. He is a key player, the fans love him. For me, he is the role model of Arsenal, the star player and they cannot afford to lose him.

"He is having an amazing season and hopefully he will be fit for the whole season. Unfortunately, when I was there, he never enjoyed a whole season and it was one of the things I regret a little bit. I hope he can keep going like that. Could he come to Barcelona? He would fit in anywhere but I'm an Arsenal fan and I want him to stay at Arsenal."

Wenger has made it clear that there is "no problem" on the club's side; they are eager to open negotiations with Van Persie and secure him to a longer contract. The ball is in the striker's court. But Wenger has said that he is happy as long as a player gives his all for the duration of his contract and nobody can doubt Van Persie's efforts. Manchester City are prominent among the pack of clubs that sense the opportunity to tempt him away, and Anzhi Makhachkala in Dagestan would also be able to offer him a massive salary.

Fábregas, meanwhile, believes that he has proved his point to the doubters who questioned whether he would get into the Barcelona team. The midfielder has played regularly so far and he scored in each of his first four league games for the club.

"I know that some people thought I wouldn't get in the team," he said. "Maybe they didn't believe in me too much.

"Things are going very well. I'm smiling, scoring and playing. I'm with my friends every day. For me, it is like a dream at the moment. I'm playing more than I expected so I'm very happy. I want to win trophies and so far I've won two [the Spanish Super Cup and European Super Cup] and we go to the Intercontinental Cup in Japan [in December] and that would be a very nice thing to win as well.

"I speak to the boys at Arsenal. Arsenal gave me everything and I will never forget that. I will try to come and see people when we have a Christmas break in Spain. It will always be a special club. The fans have always been amazing to me. I have only amazing words to say about them. It was a shame that they started the season so badly because now they are back to winning ways and doing well."

guardian
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:37 am

I am not a fan of Fabregas's continued media interactions regarding Arsenal.

First there are reports of him recommending Barca to buy Theo, then Song, and now he's talking about RvP. Whos next, Wilshere?

He abandoned his team to follow his dream. That I can stand. But I am not particularly enjoying his act of 'I-still-love-Arsenal'. It seems more like a ploy to keep his fan base intact. And Fabregas just seems more selfish and cunning in the process.

May be I will feel differently in a few month, but for now, I really think he should shut his mouth and concentrate on his career at Barca. We are doing well enough without his opinions.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:45 am

I agree. He probably means well, but he's metophorically rubbing salt in the wounds by talking about how good he has it at Barcelona, and how bad Arsenal have been by comparison. It's annoying since we probably wouldn't have been in the mess we were if he hadn't decided to leave.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:58 am

yeah i remember i was watching them vs osasuna and commentator said "his former club lost to a team like blackburn today" :facepalm:
i wanted to beat both cesc and that commentator to death at that moment Clubber
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:27 am

Pires turns down the chance to return to football with Doncaster

Doncaster Rovers have failed in an audacious bid to sign Arsenal legend Robert Pires.

The former France international has not played professional football since featuring for Aston Villa at the back end of last season.

And Pires, 38, has turned down the chance to re-start his career in the Championship with Dean Saunders' side.
Arsenal Lobby - Page 14 Article-2061158-0C2C857D000005DC-383_468x286
No return: Robert Pires has not played professional football since leaving Aston Villa at the end of last season
Agent Willie McKay is the club's transfer consultant - news revealed by Sportsmail last month.

McKay has played an integral role in luring El Hadji Diouf, Herita Ilunga and Pascal Chimbonda to the Keepmoat Stadium.

But Pires has rebuffed the club's efforts to lure another big name to Yorkshire.
Arsenal Lobby - Page 14 Article-2061158-0EB8C90D00000578-675_468x342
Last seen: Pires played in a charity match for the 'Friends of Libya's Children' in Dubai last week
He said on Twitter: 'Doncaster people called me! 'I am happy they think I can help them but it's not in my plan to play there.'
Daily Fail :coffee:
------------------
better to join samuel's 6 a-side team then Very Happy
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:55 am

The Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that Robin Van Persie is suffering from fatigue, and he has been desperately trying to find games in which the Dutchman can be rested, without much success it should be added!

But with the international break upon us, Wenger pleaded with the Dutch manager Bert van Marwijk (who has been very unsympathetic towards Arsenal in the past) to use him sparingly during the week away from Arsenal, but Van Persie was duly played for the full 90 minutes against Switzerland on Friday.

The usually prolific striker was largely anonymous during the 0-0 draw and when he did get an easy chance he blew it completely, so Van Marjwick ordered a battery of tests on Van Persie after the game to see what the problem was, and it seems that Wenger was totally right.

Van Marjwick decided that there was no point in the Gunners hitman staying with the squad for the match against Germany in midweek and sent him back to Arsenal. He said: “Robin is at the limit, according to various measurements – for that reason we have to give him a rest.”

Although it’s good that Van Persie will now have a full weeks recovery time, does it look like Arsenal’s talismanic leader may need a longer break to recharge his batteries?

http://justarsenal.com/uh-oh-even-holland-agree-that-van-persie-is-exhausted/11453
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank god RVP is back and resting.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:11 am

Delighted RVP is back, home and safe. Wrap him up in cotton wool in time for Saturday's trip to Norwich.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Delighted RVP is back, home and safe. Wrap him up in cotton wool in time for Saturday's trip to Norwich.

he should be rested for norwich too imo
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 pm

City doing their copycat scouting again....

Monday, November 14, 2011
City monitoring Germany winger Reus
ESPNsoccernet staff

Manchester City technical director Mike Rigg has revealed that the Premier League leaders are keeping tabs on highly-rated Borussia Monchengladbach winger Marco Reus.

Reus, 22, has been in sparkling form for the Bundesliga side this season, scoring seven goals in 12 games for Monchengladbach to help them to fourth place in the table.

His impressive performances have caught the eye of Germany coach Joachim Low and Reus made his international debut against Turkey last month.

Low is not the only one to have sat up and taken notice of Reus with a number of Europe's top clubs, including the likes of Arsenal and City, thought to be considering making an offer.

And Rigg - head of player recruitment at Eastlands - has confirmed that City are monitoring the former Borussia Dortmund youth player, who is believed to have an €18 million buyout clause in his contract which activates next summer.

"I know Marco, because I like him a lot,' Rigg told Bild. "He is one of the most talented players you have in Germany and we have watched him very often."

Monchengladbach coach Lucien Favre revealed last week that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had been in touch about Reus, but insisted his star turn was committed to staying at Borussia-Park.

"He needs a basis to perfect his game," Favre told Bild. "He has that here with Borussia and Marco can become more complete here. He knows that and that is also what he wants."

"Jens Lehmann gave him (Wenger) a tip to watch out for Marco and Arsene then called me. I know Arsene very well and I just told him the truth: that Marco is a very, very interesting player. But I am coach of Monchengladbach and I would like to keep hold of him."
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:38 pm

just saw official supporters in Iran posted that
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VERMINATOR :king:
26 now

Arsenal Lobby - Page 14 38235526366380035173911
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:43 pm

sina90 wrote:just saw official supporters in Iran posted that
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VERMINATOR :king:
26 now

Arsenal Lobby - Page 14 38235526366380035173911

Happy birthday.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:43 pm

NICKLAS BENDTNER has told Sunderland: Qualify for the Champions League — or I'm off.
The Danish striker is on a season long loan to the Black Cats after falling out of favour at Arsenal.

Bendtner, 23, has stated he has no plans to return to the Gunners when his stint on Wearside finishes in May.

But it does not look like he will be extending his stay with Sunderland either — unless Steve Bruce's side make a rapid improvement on their current 15th-place position in the Premier League.

Bendtner said: "I want to play Champions League, let me put it that way.

"Of course I can do that with Sunderland but that means we have to put our skates on.

"I had lots of offers this summer but I chose Sunderland.

"There were some things which were more important at that time.

"Right now what is best for me at Sunderland is football, football and football. It is all about playing games."

I have never seen such a cocky person!He is talking as if his dad was the one who invented UCL and its birthright to demand for the same from a mid-table club.....No wonder the royal duchess Caroline dumped this guy.... Very Happy
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:45 pm

ARSENAL star Wojciech Szczesny has told Cesc Fabregas: Sort your barnet out!
Former Gunners captain Fabregas used to get his locks cut at classy north London hairdressers Michael's — the same one Szczesny and Jack Wilshere use.

But since joining Barcelona in a £35million move in August, the 24-year-old Spaniard has been using a different salon.

And Polish goalkeeper Szczesny mocked his friend's new-look following the world champions' 1-0 defeat to England at Wembley.

Szczesny tweeted: "Well done England for beating Spain but someone has to tell Cesc to sort out his hair!!"

Fabregas' usual slick style was missing as he returned to north London for the first time since leaving Arsenal in the summer.

And it wasn't just his hair that looked dishevelled.

Fabregas' finishing lacked its typical razor sharpness as he missed a great opportunity to draw Spain level in stoppage time.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Fabregas said: “England are a very solid team and if they have Jack back it will make a massive difference to them.

“He is the one with the talent to make things happen and on Saturday we didn’t see that really.”

Jack must feel really good about this. I think Cesc is still is in love with Arsenal and its players, wont stop talking about us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:02 pm

“You would say it’s between Spain, Germany, Holland, and then just behind them are England and France who can be outsiders - interesting outsiders. Let’s wait and see the draw, and see who is available and in form.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-england-are-interesting-outsiders
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:46 pm

---------------------------------
Sina
Sina