Kick
Magricos
Abramovich
22 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Oriol Romeu  - Page 2 Empty Re: Oriol Romeu

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:48 am

Mikel is not untouchable infact he is under most threat in the midfield atm after Lampard but I think Romeu needs to prove himself over more than just a handful of Fulham reserves.

iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:47 pm

[quote="lszanto"]
Soul wrote:
Ade wrote:I seriously don't get why you like Mikel so much lol, regardless anyways I'll always dislike Mikel Malouda and Anelka, even when Malouda was beast for that period I still never did, guess it's the same with Mikel shame really I wish him well though.

Finally someone who agrees with me.

I just don't understand why Mikel is so overrated on this board.

But I've been thinking. My major problem with him on the pitch is that fact that he slows down the game entirely; could it be that its what AVB or previous manager wanted from him? Time to time he makes long passes that creates attacking chances. He did improve his clumsiness and learned to maintain his cool on the pitch.

Either way, its no excuse to be as fast as a motorbike with no wheels and the inability to mark a faster player.

The thing is though I don't get Mikel, I don't like his body language I mean we used to hear all this rave about how we destroyed him how he has this other talents etc. I mean sure hes technically pretty gifted but it must be a mentality thing he doesn't move enough to show himself to receive the ball from further than 5-8 yards away from the CB its just wasted a lot he needs to hold a higher line. For me this goes to Malouda and Anelka too, they all have the talent to do things better then just don't.

Like Malouda cuts inside all the frigging time and slows the game down, as does Anelka and they are both pretty quick. Don't be a Berbatov you don't need the ball to your feet all the time.

Mikel just is sooooooooooo damn slow at passing, I mean most the time not even under pressure in own half I don't see how hard it is either play it first time or take a touch and pass it for a professional footballer theres no excuses IMO, I know he does a shift defensively and I give him props for that I remember one patch I think it was Carlo first season for like a month or two he was good but not seen anything since.
I agree with this part. For the first 20 we were struggling to make any sort of headway into their defense despite being in total control. It took a sublime chip from Mata to break down their defensive line. Mikel is great for keeping possession and keeping a lead, but in terms of making headway into their defense and mounting attacks he definitely slows the play, takes alot of touches and allows the opponents to get behind the ball when we are pushing quickly.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:01 pm

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2011/9/26/2448551/video-analysis-oriol-romeu-chelsea-vs-fulham

Good read non bias view points from both sides of the spectrum.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:43 am

oriol my ass u people overrate these youngster after one game. Mikel shits on him
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:43 am

Ade wrote:I seriously don't get why you like Mikel so much lol, regardless anyways I'll always dislike Mikel Malouda and Anelka, even when Malouda was beast for that period I still never did, guess it's the same with Mikel shame really I wish him well though.

All black??

Racist
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:59 am

RuthlesGangstaDef:villin wrote:

All black??

Racist

Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:27 am

RuthlesGangstaDef:villin wrote:oriol my ass u people overrate these youngster after one game. Mikel shits on him

I think it is new signings that gets overrated all the time.

New signing= God
Current players= shit.

Romeu is nowhere near Mikel class, Mikel is a very good holding midfielder in fact i think he is one of the best in the world. Whenever he is on the pitch our midfield is so much better and more in control. It is laughable to blame Mikel for lack of chances by our midfield, you have major problems if you expect the holding midfielder to create chances.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:53 am

Blue wrote:
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin wrote:oriol my ass u people overrate these youngster after one game. Mikel shits on him

I think it is new signings that gets overrated all the time.

New signing= God
Current players= shit.

Romeu is nowhere near Mikel class, Mikel is a very good holding midfielder in fact i think he is one of the best in the world. Whenever he is on the pitch our midfield is so much better and more in control. It is laughable to blame Mikel for lack of chances by our midfield, you have major problems if you expect the holding midfielder to create chances.

The problem is that when people see one good performance from our youngsters in a relatively meaningless game, they get fooled into thinking that he can do that consecutively as I mentioned in one of my posts here. Romeu needs to go on loan first.

You got the last part right, if we ever had a creative player in midfield down to begin with then I'm sure most people would have loved Mikel and not bother about that weakness. The defensive part of his game and the stability he provides is taken for granted. That being said however, it would be a nice addition if he speeds up his passes.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 am

A defensive midfielder can be a great playmaker. Pirlo is not exactly a defensive midfielder but he played a similar position back then, I havent seen him lately though. He is one of the best creative midfielders in the world and if Mikel can pass like that we would be unstoppable. Mikel's problem is that he is too defensive minded, which is not his fault completely because at Chelsea the defensive position is 'Makelele position'. The players are used to that and the fans as well. But it would be brilliant if we could have someone like Pirlo as a defensive midfielder.

play making, note that most of the time he is not even in the box.. similar to the position that Mikel is playing.

Mikel should be given the freedom to try these passes, I have seen him giving brilliant long passes. I think it was last season.. he has the ability, AVB should create the mind set. Romeu might be better in the future, but for now Mikel is the best option that we have.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Racist lawl sure Twisted Evil

and about Mikel I don't think hes crap defensively hes pretty good, can tackle and obviously we know hes big and strong.

My beef with him is not the creative side I'm not bothered if he isn't creative all he has to do is play the ball quicker, he could show himself more angles at a higher line instead of standing 5 yards away from the CB waiting to receive the ball.

Any of our CB are capable of bringing it to the half way line under the pressure, theres no point in Mikel doing it show more angles play the ball quicker its like not that hes not capable of doing so thats what pisses me off, because I know he has it in him.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:45 am

No more African Cup for Mikel, so no extra playing time for Romeu Sad
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:16 pm

seeing how this guy performed vs Fulham there's no way we`re getting him for 5m.

If we do I shudder to think how many talented youngsters are lurking in La Masia.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Indeed damn it I wish Nigeria went through Sad although it never hurts to have an extra man in midfield.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:29 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:A defensive midfielder can be a great playmaker. Pirlo is not exactly a defensive midfielder but he played a similar position back then, I havent seen him lately though. He is one of the best creative midfielders in the world and if Mikel can pass like that we would be unstoppable. Mikel's problem is that he is too defensive minded, which is not his fault completely because at Chelsea the defensive position is 'Makelele position'. The players are used to that and the fans as well. But it would be brilliant if we could have someone like Pirlo as a defensive midfielder.

play making, note that most of the time he is not even in the box.. similar to the position that Mikel is playing.

Mikel should be given the freedom to try these passes, I have seen him giving brilliant long passes. I think it was last season.. he has the ability, AVB should create the mind set. Romeu might be better in the future, but for now Mikel is the best option that we have.

Yo Pirlo played alongside 2 DM in almost every game, Gattuso and Ambrosini were the true DM's on those teams.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:36 am

Bear-Felix wrote:seeing how this guy performed vs Fulham there's no way we`re getting him for 5m.

If we do I shudder to think how many talented youngsters are lurking in La Masia.

Romeu wanted to leave Barca, they offered him a contract extension and he rejected it.

Its kinda funny on how bad you guys are overreacting after one game(Fulham), and i also remember some of you guys were saying Lukaku > Torres after 20 minutes against Swansea. Since then we have learned that Lukaku is nowhere ready to play for Chelsea, he looks absolutely awful on the ball.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 am

Ambrosini is a CM.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:38 am

Blue wrote:
Bear-Felix wrote:seeing how this guy performed vs Fulham there's no way we`re getting him for 5m.

Romeu wanted to leave Barca, they offered him a contract extension and he rejected it.

Its kinda funny on how bad you guys are overreacting after one game(Fulham), and i also remember some of you guys were saying Lukaku > Torres after 20 minutes against Swansea. Since then we have learned that Lukaku is nowhere ready to play for Chelsea, he looks absolutely awful on the ball.

This is the problem with some folks. Romeu plays well in one game and all of sudden he's ready to bench Mikel.

And although I rated Lukaku, I never said he was better than Torres lolz. Although I expected him to be much better; you were right about loaning him.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Ray Wilkins called him Dunga today :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Lol, the commentators I had mumbled half the time so I had no idea what thy were saying about him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Haha, I'm sad though because hes a secret agent who will return Sad.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Mikel had a fine game imo, nice article from my favorite blog about his performance.

http://carefreechronicles.blogspot.com/2011/11/mikel-vs-blackburn-vertical-passes-from.html
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:19 am

So how is Romeu performing now?
i couldn't watch chelsea's matches lately!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:06 am

Fantasticly, he has pretty much blocked Mikel out of the team.

I have no doubt he is a starter now. I love watching him play.

He can still improve but because of his amazing ball retention and intellegence he has become vital to our team.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:44 am

Agree with kick. If he can slide tackle and be a little more aggressive at times, he'd be great for us
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:29 am

thx guys for the info, hope he keeps on improving.
The next match vs Norwich (@13:45GMT) i should watch..
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:38 am

Khaledbarca wrote:thx guys for the info, hope he keeps on improving.
The next match vs Norwich (@13:45GMT) i should watch..

lol you can watch him, but DONT take him back. please? Razz

edit: forgot to add dont lol

Last edited by Soul on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content