El Chelsea Fuerte
messixaviesta
free_cat
barca 2011
Khaled
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The  " Oriol Romeu " Thread! Empty The " Oriol Romeu " Thread!

Post by Khaled Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:41 pm

All Updates about Romeu's Performance with Chelsea, we can updated here!

============================
VILLAS-BOAS: WHY I WANT ORIOL ROMEU

Andre Villas, speaking in Bangkok, has announced that Chelsea has agreed terms with Barcelona for the transfer of Oriol Romeu, a 19-year-old defensive midfielders

The player has yet to agree personal terms or pass a medical and is currently away with the Spain Under 20 squad which is soon to compete in the World Cup for that age level in Columbia.

'I don't want to speak too much about him because he is not our player,' Villas-Boas added.

'It is a part of the squad in which we are struggling with numbers because of Michael Essien's injury and Oriol is a player with a bright future. He still has to evolve as a player.
'The Barcelona B team had a magnificent year in the Spanish second division, they finished third. Oriol had an injury during the season but he came back late on and was in time to play for the first team. So he is one of the most promising young players in that position and hopefully we can agree personal terms and hopefully he will pass a medical.'

Oriol began with Barcelona's smaller neighbours Espanyol before joining the famous Camp Nou academy in 2004, progressing through the ranks until a reserve team regular playing in Spain's second tier under Luis Enrique.

He made his La Liga debut for the senior Barça side at the end of last season, coming on as a late substitute in a 0-0 draw against Deportivo La Coruna, having also appeared at the beginning of the campaign in a Spanish Supercup loss away at Sevilla.

The 6ft Catalan can also play in central defence and is renowned for his strength and his expansive passing ability.

Link: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2399897,00.html

----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED:

Oriol Romeu signs for Chelsea

FC Barcelona and Chelsea have reached agreement for the transfer of Oriol Romeu for five million Euros.

The deal includes a buy-back clause of 10 million Euros after a year, rising to 15 after the second year.

Tough tackling midfielder

Oriol Romeu made his name with the Club’s child and youth teams not as a typical Barça midfielder, but rather as a tough tackling stopper.

Barça B drew 2-2 at Betis last season with a goal from Oriol Romeu, which typified his abilities. Romeu pressured for possession and fired home his goal under pressure when it looked impossible.

Romeu’s character, his aggression and his strong physique are the qualities which have distinguished the youngster since he joined the Club in the summer of 2004.

Strength

He joined the Club at the Infantil A level in the 2004.05 season and was supported by coach Sergio Lobera, who made him play as a defensive midfielder.

Playing alongside Riverola and Krol the three proved to be an impressive midfield and Romeu’s strength and good defending won over successive coaches at the Club.

Coming from Barça, Romeu is also of course comfortable on the ball, but what marks him as different is his ability in the air and all round strength and stamina.

Stars under Luis Enrique

In Luis Enrique’s first season in charge of the B team, Romeu, then still a Youth Team player, was given his head, starting the first game of the 08-09 season. He combined a successful campaign with the Youth A team and a number of appearances with the B team that year.

He made the move up to the B team squad the following year, whilst still putting in the occasional game for the Youth A team, and was a key part in the promotion winning team that season.

Debut, consolidation and injury

Last season saw Romeu make another big step and he made his first team debut in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup in Seville. His importance with the B team grew until he suffered a bad injury at Las Palmas which kept him out for five months. He fought back from that though and was back in the team for the run in to the season’s finale, helping Luis Enrique’s youngsters to the best ever finish for a B team in Segona A.

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/08/04/n110804118651.html

-----------------------------------

Last edited by Khaledbarca on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:40 am; edited 5 times in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

The  " Oriol Romeu " Thread! Empty Re: The " Oriol Romeu " Thread!

Post by Khaled Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Note: According to Spanish newspapers, Transfers fee is 5M euro.. but Barca has a buy-back option (8M) in the nest 2 years (2012 &2013)!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Hopefully in2 yrs. we have a solid Busquets replacement if the Maschine is gone. The future looks good though if we take that buyback!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:47 am

Official: Romeu to Chelsea for 5 million.
10 milion buy back the first year, 15 the second.

I don't think we'll ever buy back Romeu unless he turns into a world star for that price.

And it's ok, as I don't think he can become barça quality (although he is very Chelseaesque player).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:10 am

I agree cat. The buy back clause has kind of ruled out Romeu ever coming back to us. This also means Chelsea supporters such as jewel made the right claim that Chelsea would not give us a low buy back clause.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:29 am

He will some Back!
MARK MY WORD! Smile

Gd Luck Romeu Smile
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:30 am

13m pounds after two years is pretty low is he turns into a starter...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:36 am

Buy-back option: €10M after one year, €15M after two years.
Chelsea paid €5M for him.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:46 am

The buy back isnt that big if he becomes a star, but the thing is, at Chelsea he wont.

I dont think he is even going to play much at all.

This is probably why Chelsea accepted the buy back, they know in 2 years he would of hardly made significant enough progress.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:16 am

And Franchise you know that because?"

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:36 am

Lampard - Romeu - Modric Twisted Evil

U heard it here first!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 am

I dont know, its my opinion.

Though its based on your history, Romeu's current level plus the players you already have.

Mikel, Essien, Josh, Lamps and Ramires all midfielders you already have. Mikel alone is a difficult obstacle standing in Romeu's way as they play the exact same position and he is still not even 25.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:The buy back isnt that big if he becomes a star, but the thing is, at Chelsea he wont.

I dont think he is even going to play much at all.

This is probably why Chelsea accepted the buy back, they know in 2 years he would of hardly made significant enough progress.

Fair points. I agree.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont know, its my opinion.

Though its based on your history, Romeu's current level plus the players you already have.

Mikel, Essien, Josh, Lamps and Ramires all midfielders you already have. Mikel alone is a difficult obstacle standing in Romeu's way as they play the exact same position and he is still not even 25.

Romeu was bought when he was ensured of first team football. He didn't want to play for the reserves or the youth academy, he left you because we promised him first team football. I cannot see how Essien, McEachran, Lampard and Ramires stand in his way. Mceachran and Lampard certainly not because they play further up, and Essien and Ramires, while they can play as a DM, are more box to box midfielders so they too play further up and not as much in the DM position. This leaves Mikel. You are right about Mikel, he directly blocks Romeu's way. But everyone knows the problem with Mikel: he is inconsistent, lacks vision and is at times short of confidence. Romeu, if he proves his talent, can prove to be a better option than Mikel in that position. Mikel isn't going to last for all the 60+games so Romeu will get game time (the amount depending on if he proves his talent to be Mceachran and Sturridge-esque). Now no one knows what the future holds but if Romeu proves to be good enough then I'm sure he'll get into the starting 11 eventually, unless Mikel improves with him.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:26 am

Pique was assured of first team football, he didnt get it either. Teams lie, it happens.

Essien, McEachran, Lampard and Ramires stand in his way just because they are midfielders, different role or not.

If Mikel, Essien and Lamps are on the pitch and you want another defensive player on, guess who comes on first, Ramieres or Romeu?

Mikel? I dont agree with your assessment on him, I like him. Romeu btw doesnt have more vision then Mikel, Mikel plays simply passes on purpose.

Romeu will have a very tough time getting past him, especially this season.

Sure Mikel wont play 60 games, he didnt last season, you can change the midfield up without playing either he or Romeu.

Of course noone knows the future, but I know what I expect to happen. Lets see what happens, we will bump this thread if we remember in 6 months, a seasons, 2 seasons time..

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:Pique was assured of first team football, he didnt get it either. Teams lie, it happens.

Essien, McEachran, Lampard and Ramires stand in his way just because they are midfielders, different role or not.

If Mikel, Essien and Lamps are on the pitch and you want another defensive player on, guess who comes on first, Ramieres or Romeu?

Mikel? I dont agree with your assessment on him, I like him. Romeu btw doesnt have more vision then Mikel, Mikel plays simply passes on purpose.

Sure Mikel wont play 60 games, he didnt last season, you can change the midfield up without playing either he or Romeu.

Of course noone knows the future, but I know what I expect to happen. Lets see what happens, we will bump this thread if we remember in 6 months, a seasons, 2 seasons time..

One thing I would like to make clear is that I'm not saying that he'll 100% get chances in the first team. He'll have to prove his worth himself just like Sturridge and McEachran have so far done for us. But I do not agree with some of the things you said.

"Pique was assured of first team football, he didnt get it either. Teams lie, it happens."

Are you saying we lied to him and we're going to dump him in the reserves? BTW, I'm basing the fact that we said we'll give him first team football based on a quote on an article that I read (in the Summer Signings), not because Villas-Boas said. But that seems to be the best assumption to make because I don't think Romeu would have accepted a Reserves role since he was at that level with Barcelona. But, like I said, he'll have to justify him being in the first team by performances he makes.

"Essien, McEachran, Lampard and Ramires stand in his way just because they are midfielders, different role or not.

If Mikel, Essien and Lamps are on the pitch and you want another defensive player on, guess who comes on first, Ramieres or Romeu?"

This makes no sense. In a 4-3-3 we have three different positions, and the only position Romeu would occupy is the DM position (though he can play as a box to box but I don't think we'll use him as that). Lampard and Mceachran would never play DM for us, and as I said Ramires and Essien are box to box mids, not DMs. And what are you saying in the second part? First Essien is injured for six months, and second the situation you described above is kind of unrealistic...a team barely subs in a DM, and so from the start Mikel or Romeu would play. Given the fact that Mikel would play ahead of him as of now, he would be on the bench but Mikel can always get injured etc and we can then call on Romeu.

"Mikel? I dont agree with your assessment on him, I like him. Romeu btw doesnt have more vision then Mikel, Mikel plays simply passes on purpose."

Well TBH I can't say much on this because I haven't seen Romeu even kick a ball yet. But for Mikel, it's well noted that he has to be more consistent and lacks confidence. He can improve with Villas-Boas, but if Romeu proves himself we can always call on him.

"Sure Mikel wont play 60 games, he didnt last season, you can change the midfield up without playing either he or Romeu."

Why would we place someone else in the DM position when we have Romeu and Mikel (unless Romeu performs drastically there)? Sure we can change our midfield so that we won't have to play either of them, but we prefer DMs because that means that the defense (in particular Cole and Luiz) can bomb forward and that is what Villas-Boas also likes.

"Of course noone knows the future, but I know what I expect to happen. Lets see what happens, we will bump this thread if we remember in 6 months, a seasons, 2 seasons time.."

Yes I'm with this. The amount of playing time Romeu gets will depend on how he performances, so I'm not saying he'll definitely get first team chances or that he'll break into the starting 11 in two years. But based on the fact that we splashed around 5m pounds for a youngster (which is a lot for a youngster) and that I have heard that Romeu is probably currently the best performing player in the Spanish team for his age group, it's easy to say that the club rates him highly and he'll get first team chances. Also Villas-Boas rates him highly (he wanted both Thiago and Romeu) so it will not be the case like with Ancelotti where the club rates a player highly but the manager doesn't.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:15 am

Romeu hopes for Barcelona return in the future

Chelsea signing Oriol Romeu is looking forward to establishing himself at Stamford Bridge, but left the door open for a return to Barcelona.

Romeu, currently on international duty with Spain at the Under-20 World Cup, completed his switch to English Premier League club Chelsea on Thursday.

The 19-year-old midfielder made just one first team appearance for La Liga champions Barca, against Deportivo La Coruna in May.

He signed a four-year deal with Chelsea, but with buy-back clauses inserted in the contract, leaving Barca the option of bringing him back to the Camp Nou if they see fit.

"You never know what could happen in the future, I will always support Barca and I hope someday I can return there," Romeu said.

"But right now, what I want is to succeed at Chelsea and be fine there."

"I always said that my first option was Barcelona, but ... an opportunity like this comes, and a coach wants to bet on you, so you have to take it."

"I think I could not let this one go."

"This is a great club, with players of an enormous quality and a coach of a very high level. What I want is to keep improving as a footballer there."

"Everything that can happen to me there will be for the best."

Speaking to the press at the FIFA youth tournament in Colombia, Romeu claimed his immediate focus was on Spain's challenge for the title.

They are set to tackle Australia in their final match of Group C on Saturday, aiming to finish top with a maximum of nine points.

"The two clubs had been talking about this subject for weeks and all I wanted was it to be over as quickly as possible so I could be focused here (the U20 World Cup), which is what interests me right now," he said.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:00 am

He wouldn't if he isn't first choice.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:47 am

english_jewel wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Pique was assured of first team football, he didnt get it either. Teams lie, it happens.

One thing I would like to make clear is that I'm not saying that he'll 100% get chances in the first team. He'll have to prove his worth himself just like Sturridge and McEachran have so far done for us. But I do not agree with some of the things you said.

"Pique was assured of first team football, he didnt get it either. Teams lie, it happens."

Are you saying we lied to him and we're going to dump him in the reserves? BTW, I'm basing the fact that we said we'll give him first team football based on a quote on an article that I read (in the Summer Signings), not because Villas-Boas said. But that seems to be the best assumption to make because I don't think Romeu would have accepted a Reserves role since he was at that level with Barcelona. But, like I said, he'll have to justify him being in the first team by performances he makes.

"Essien, McEachran, Lampard and Ramires stand in his way just because they are midfielders, different role or not.

If Mikel, Essien and Lamps are on the pitch and you want another defensive player on, guess who comes on first, Ramieres or Romeu?"

This makes no sense. In a 4-3-3 we have three different positions, and the only position Romeu would occupy is the DM position (though he can play as a box to box but I don't think we'll use him as that). Lampard and Mceachran would never play DM for us, and as I said Ramires and Essien are box to box mids, not DMs. And what are you saying in the second part? First Essien is injured for six months, and second the situation you described above is kind of unrealistic...a team barely subs in a DM, and so from the start Mikel or Romeu would play. Given the fact that Mikel would play ahead of him as of now, he would be on the bench but Mikel can always get injured etc and we can then call on Romeu.

"Mikel? I dont agree with your assessment on him, I like him. Romeu btw doesnt have more vision then Mikel, Mikel plays simply passes on purpose."

Well TBH I can't say much on this because I haven't seen Romeu even kick a ball yet. But for Mikel, it's well noted that he has to be more consistent and lacks confidence. He can improve with Villas-Boas, but if Romeu proves himself we can always call on him.

"Sure Mikel wont play 60 games, he didnt last season, you can change the midfield up without playing either he or Romeu."

Why would we place someone else in the DM position when we have Romeu and Mikel (unless Romeu performs drastically there)? Sure we can change our midfield so that we won't have to play either of them, but we prefer DMs because that means that the defense (in particular Cole and Luiz) can bomb forward and that is what Villas-Boas also likes.

"Of course noone knows the future, but I know what I expect to happen. Lets see what happens, we will bump this thread if we remember in 6 months, a seasons, 2 seasons time.."

Yes I'm with this. The amount of playing time Romeu gets will depend on how he performances, so I'm not saying he'll definitely get first team chances or that he'll break into the starting 11 in two years. But based on the fact that we splashed around 5m pounds for a youngster (which is a lot for a youngster) and that I have heard that Romeu is probably currently the best performing player in the Spanish team for his age group, it's easy to say that the club rates him highly and he'll get first team chances. Also Villas-Boas rates him highly (he wanted both Thiago and Romeu) so it will not be the case like with Ancelotti where the club rates a player highly but the manager doesn't.

No, I am not saying you are lying. I am saying that 2 years isnt alot of time, I dont think he will get anything like near the chances to get to the level required.

In 2 years, Mikel hasnt improved much (despite me liking him) and he plays all the time. Romeu will play much less then Mikel did, so you can understand why I think that.

As for the formation, you can easily change it.

Your playing 4-3-3 with one DM, and 2 CM. Mikel, Lamps and Essien are playing.

You want 2 DM's and one CM/AM for more protection, who is coming on first, Ramieres or Romeu? Obviously the Brazilian. Thats my point.

Yes, Essien is injured, but its not yet assured you wont buy yet another midfielder. Also, Essien is out for 6 months....thats not enough time for Romeu to get great..when get comes back, when will he play?

I dont see why you say adding a DM to the team is rare...it isnt.

If your winning 1-0 and the opponent is dominating the possession, its common to bring on a defensive minded player.

Just because I said you can change your midfield up so you dont play with Mikel or Romeu, doesnt mean you are much weaker defensively. Essien and Ramieres as a midfield two isnt too hard to imagine.

AVB rested Fernando at times for Porto by playing , Belluschi, Ruben Micael and Guarin, none of whom DM's.

Finally, I am not saying you are going to waste him. I am saying, in 2 years, he wont be the quality needed for Barca to resign him, because he wont play enough to develop enough from his current level. I also think Chelsea know this. They will be patient with him, because he came basically from the second division, is a teenager and still very raw. It will be a long term process.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:58 am

We will see.

BTW you support Madrid? I thought you supported Barca!!

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:49 am

dani, both your club and country are showing grossly incorrect values. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:31 am

Thanks, no idea what thats about.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Oriol Romeu will wear the no. 6 jersey at his new club Chelsea. (via @AiramAirfutbol )
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Guy's playing the Busquet's role quite fine at the u20s

Bring him back at 23 Smile

Much more aggressive, wins alot of challenges, and his passing ain't too bad either.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:20 am

You won't get him back, he's ours. Twisted Evil

And before you mention cesc, I would like to point out the lack of big name players trying to force there way out of Chelsea since Roman took over.

In all honesty though, I think it's 50/50 whether he stays with us or goes back to Barca over the next 2 years,
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next