Kick
Magricos
Abramovich
22 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Oriol Romeu  Empty Oriol Romeu

Post by Abramovich Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/07/pep-guardiola-jack-wilshere-arsenal

Just in-case no one read that lol he didn't mention Romeu by name but you would assume him and Thiago were the ones he was talking about.

For me the ACON can't come sooner I want to see this guy play every week, hes very mobile (looking at you obi), he has a good range of passing and passes it quickly, he can tackle gets proper stuck in and for me most importantly hes really comfortable on the ball sign of a great player in the making.

This ain't no knee jerk but for me Mikels place is really under threat after seeing that performance, I really hope that he doesn't activate Barca DNA at the end of the season though but considering he left for first team action and Sergio is what 23? and Javier 26 I really don't see him returning anytime soon.

It's really a shame he played 120 minutes of football, I'd love to see him on the bench come Saturday either way though but I think its more fair that Josh gets to come on Saturday.

Last edited by Abramovich on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Oriol Romeu  Empty Re: Oriol Romeu

Post by Magricos Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 am

He said many not only 2 there is Sergi Roberto, Deulofeu and Rafinha as well.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:04 am

Romeu was impressive at the WC.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:49 am

Romeu is young, he can play 120 minutes on wednesday and 90 on saturday.

Do it Andre!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Stop this. Mikel's place is under no threat. Romeu will get Carling Cups, and maybe FA Cups. During the AFCON he might get a chance. But it's time people realized Villas-Boas prefers experience, which is why McEachran won't be getting a decent chance either.

And please do not be fooled by Romeu's performance against Fulham's second string. To say he is better than Mikel and therefore he should start ahead of him is ridiculous. Lets see how he handles attacks Mikel has faced before we start saying he should start ahead of him. He has shown talent, but that's all he has at the moment.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Romeu will get his chance because AVB will rotate and each time he will come on he will outperform Mikel and soon enough he'll be ahead of him in the pecking order. Come ACON he will definitely get his chance to play and it was a good Fulham side I wouldn't say a side with their record signing was second string and when was the last time Mikel played good against anyone lol at the end of the day he slows down the passing in the midfield too much so for me he can sit on the bench, give me Romeu or Raul.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate Mikel, hes decent enough but for me he isn't the ideal player in DMF for me.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:45 pm

wtfamireading?

mikel >>>>>>>>>>>> romeu
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:38 pm

bhends wrote:wtfamireading?

mikel >>>>>>>>>>>> romeu

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Regardless Mikel isn't up to standard of what Chelsea needs unless he significantly improves his game oh well come January won't see much of him anyways so either way I'll be happy Cool .
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Ade wrote:Regardless Mikel isn't up to standard of what Chelsea needs unless he significantly improves his game oh well come January won't see much of him anyways so either way I'll be happy Cool .

Romeu is no where near capable of even wiping Mikel's boots is the point. Send him on loan and we'll see after 2 years.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Romeu last night > anything Mikel has done this season so I'll stick to my view on that you can say Mikel is sick or what not Evil or Very Mad

We can have some kind of sig bet or sorts to see in the second half of the season who is the first choice DMF, win - win situation either way its for the good of Chelsea ⭐
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Mikel was by far our best player against Leverkusen. Don't know what you're on mate.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:45 pm

:facepalm: this thread.

Lets get this sorted out.

Mikel is better than Romeu, ask yourself this, who would you rather start against united? Romeu had a good game against a decent team and all I am saying is he should be given another chance to show himself, I am not saying he should take Mikel's spot permaninatly, that is crazy. Mikel will start most games but I think what some of us are saying is that Romeu should play against Swansea, a weaker side. If it was United everyone would be calling for Mikel or Meireles.

Yes a AFCON Romeu will play week in week out, that will be his test but I doubt unless he is MOTM in every one of those games he will steal Mikel's spot.

Lastly, whoever said AVB prefers experience, Smash yourself in the face, AVB prefers rotation NOT experience, otherwise Drogba, Malouda and Anelka would play much more than they do. AVB is not Ancelotti.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:39 pm

english_jewel wrote:Stop this. Mikel's place is under no threat. Romeu will get Carling Cups, and maybe FA Cups. During the AFCON he might get a chance. But it's time people realized Villas-Boas prefers experience, which is why McEachran won't be getting a decent chance either.

And please do not be fooled by Romeu's performance against Fulham's second string. To say he is better than Mikel and therefore he should start ahead of him is ridiculous. Lets see how he handles attacks Mikel has faced before we start saying he should start ahead of him. He has shown talent, but that's all he has at the moment.

x2
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Mikel is one of the best players on your whole team, you don't bench him for a kid who has yet to make a first team start or w/e...

Or you can sell your top 5 DM to Inter and play your kid, I won't object to that either
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:58 pm

kick mars wrote:
Lastly, whoever said AVB prefers experience, Smash yourself in the face, AVB prefers rotation NOT experience, otherwise Drogba, Malouda and Anelka would play much more than they do. AVB is not Ancelotti.

Interesting points you make. You just don't want to believe it but you have to face the reality. If you're telling me that Villas-Boas doesn't prefer experience, then why have McEachran, Romeu, Lukaku, etc been given very little or no game time at all, despite for example McEachran having a good pre-season? Why have they not been starting or making super-sub appearances? The answer lies here:

"It is legitimate that people have the expectancy to play for Chelsea when they are young and are [as] talented as the ones we have. But the others are as talented, and more experienced than them, so it is very difficult to get in.

'The way each manager runs the talent at his disposal is different from me to Sir Alex to Wenger, and it's just the way I have to decide.

'I don't think by taking this approach I am blocking the promotion of this talent, it's a competitive environment and I treat everyone the same. Eventually if they compete to be the best, when they break through they will be at a level that even they themselves don't recognise."

You know very well why Drogba, Malouda and Anelka are not playing. They are not playing because we have Torres, Mata and Sturridge for them. Now Sturridge is the only one that supports your argument, but any half decent manager would know better than not to play him after his fine spell vs Bolton.

Villas-Boas 'rotation policy' (which I don't buy into much, how many times have Torres, Mata, Sturridge, Lampard, Ramires, Bosingwa, Terry, and Cole been benched to effectively call this a 'rotation' policy), if any, lies in rotating senior, experienced players as you can see from the amount of games the youths have played.

Kind of OT but I think now is the ideal time to talk about this whole youngster business.

I have got to say that we have been hyping the youngsters and scolding the manager way too much for not playing them. We were all begging Ancelloti to start Sturridge on the wings last season, but now this season when Villas-Boas does give him starts he more or less has been putting Kalou performances there, of course with the goals (should have two) and a bit of build-up play. I have full confidence that he will get used to the wings and adapt Villas-Boas's possession policy, but I think it shows that we need to take a look from a different prospective sometimes. Of course this is not to say that I would have had full faith in Ancelloti with youngsters, as at that time he could have easily started Sturridge at his ideal position and not have bought Torres.

Now Villas-Boas is no Ancelloti, that is true. Ancelloti expects a youth player to have the tactical brain of a 32 year old and that will never happen. He either wants that or a very talented youngster who would play much better than the experienced ones, like Neymar, who he was trying to get. Though it hasn't been shown thus far in his time here, Villas-Boas is much more open about his players and he does not ignore the youths like Carlo, which I believe he will show during his time here.

But people have to understand what the challenges are for him. It's clear that his job would be under threat if he goes two years without a major trophy (despite the fact that we like to think that he is here for the long term and that he is invincible, which I highly doubt), and it's clear that experience wins you things. He also has the expectation of blooding the youngsters into the team. The reason why he doesn't play other youths bar Sturridge, is because of experience and I fully support this. For example, we, as I have noticed in myself, spend too much time thinking of why McEachran hasn't been given a start or say things like in the OP, but the reality is that he currently isn't "good enough" to replace the current ones. Even though I do not like Ramires, I think he is favorable for the overall team balance because Villas-Boas and Ancelloti clearly think that and I don't think we should dispute that with them. So McEachran can't play CM, and it'd be very hard to use him as a super-sub there because Ramires provides a lasting effect for the whole match. Now with Frank Lampard. He hasn't been that bad as some people dress him as, and with Torres playing ahead of him it's harder for him to make late runs. Personally I wouldn't want McEachran to be starting so high on the pitch with little experience, so the safest option would be to start Lampard and put Meireles somewhere to add the creativity which we don't get from Lampard. Sometimes I think that people assume that because a youngster puts in a good performance for a few games then automatically he will perform like that continuously. With all the pressure and top class oppositions a club like ours faces, that is simply not true. In this way I think it is very well justified why McEachran hasn't been starting, although I do think he should be getting substitute appearances. Also we have Meireles who is creative and more importantly more experienced than McEachran so I understand why Meireles gets the nod ahead of him.

This can be said about a lot of our youngsters like Romeu. He has shown potential, which is great, but he lacks the experience that you need for a top team to perform continuously well. Also when we take another example like Aanholt, you can see that with week in and week out PL experience, next season I'm sure Villas-Boas will have no problems rotating him for Cole as long as he fixes up his defensive problems there (which, BTW, he was great defensively last week for Wigan Smile). With loan deals they also learn how to handle competition and they get the desire to continuously play well so that the guy behind them doesn't get the nod ahead of him, like with what we saw with Sturridge.

Because of this, I think it remains in our best interests that we loan players and bring them back when they have gained enough experience, and are old enough, for them to start. This is actually what we have been doing and I am very pleased with that. The only reason why I would imagine McEachran wasn't loaned is because we got Meireles at the last minute and no one knew until then whether we would get another CM. This doesn't prevent him from going on loan in January though and the best thing for us to do now with him is give him games here and there (I do not believe Villas-Boas will continue playing him only in the CC) and loan him to a PL club in January where he would be playing week in and week out.

However, with all these things being said, the best model for any team to follow is of Ferguson's model at Man Utd, which perfectly brings up young talents while not losing experience in the squad. Maybe we'll get lucky some time in the future and have a model like that, but our loan policy isn't that bad either. I think we will see changes when this Lampard and Terry era goes away and when the FFP starts to gain momentum, which is why I secretly can't wait till this era passes.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:26 pm

english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:

Interesting points you make. You just don't want to believe it but you have to face the reality. If you're telling me that Villas-Boas doesn't prefer experience, then why have McEachran, Romeu, Lukaku, etc been given very little or no game time at all, despite for example McEachran having a good pre-season? Why have they not been starting or making super-sub appearances? The answer lies here:

"It is legitimate that people have the expectancy to play for Chelsea when they are young and are [as] talented as the ones we have. But the others are as talented, and more experienced than them, so it is very difficult to get in.

'The way each manager runs the talent at his disposal is different from me to Sir Alex to Wenger, and it's just the way I have to decide.

'I don't think by taking this approach I am blocking the promotion of this talent, it's a competitive environment and I treat everyone the same. Eventually if they compete to be the best, when they break through they will be at a level that even they themselves don't recognise."

You know very well why Drogba, Malouda and Anelka are not playing. They are not playing because we have Torres, Mata and Sturridge for them. Now Sturridge is the only one that supports your argument, but any half decent manager would know better than not to play him after his fine spell vs Bolton.

Villas-Boas 'rotation policy' (which I don't buy into much, how many times have Torres, Mata, Sturridge, Lampard, Ramires, Bosingwa, Terry, and Cole been benched to effectively call this a 'rotation' policy), if any, lies in rotating senior, experienced players as you can see from the amount of games the youths have played.

Kind of OT but I think now is the ideal time to talk about this whole youngster business.

I have got to say that we have been hyping the youngsters and scolding the manager way too much for not playing them. We were all begging Ancelloti to start Sturridge on the wings last season, but now this season when Villas-Boas does give him starts he more or less has been putting Kalou performances there, of course with the goals (should have two) and a bit of build-up play. I have full confidence that he will get used to the wings and adapt Villas-Boas's possession policy, but I think it shows that we need to take a look from a different prospective sometimes. Of course this is not to say that I would have had full faith in Ancelloti with youngsters, as at that time he could have easily started Sturridge at his ideal position and not have bought Torres.

Now Villas-Boas is no Ancelloti, that is true. Ancelloti expects a youth player to have the tactical brain of a 32 year old and that will never happen. He either wants that or a very talented youngster who would play much better than the experienced ones, like Neymar, who he was trying to get. Though it hasn't been shown thus far in his time here, Villas-Boas is much more open about his players and he does not ignore the youths like Carlo, which I believe he will show during his time here.

But people have to understand what the challenges are for him. It's clear that his job would be under threat if he goes two years without a major trophy (despite the fact that we like to think that he is here for the long term and that he is invincible, which I highly doubt), and it's clear that experience wins you things. He also has the expectation of blooding the youngsters into the team. The reason why he doesn't play other youths bar Sturridge, is because of experience and I fully support this. For example, we, as I have noticed in myself, spend too much time thinking of why McEachran hasn't been given a start or say things like in the OP, but the reality is that he currently isn't "good enough" to replace the current ones. Even though I do not like Ramires, I think he is favorable for the overall team balance because Villas-Boas and Ancelloti clearly think that and I don't think we should dispute that with them. So McEachran can't play CM, and it'd be very hard to use him as a super-sub there because Ramires provides a lasting effect for the whole match. Now with Frank Lampard. He hasn't been that bad as some people dress him as, and with Torres playing ahead of him it's harder for him to make late runs. Personally I wouldn't want McEachran to be starting so high on the pitch with little experience, so the safest option would be to start Lampard and put Meireles somewhere to add the creativity which we don't get from Lampard. Sometimes I think that people assume that because a youngster puts in a good performance for a few games then automatically he will perform like that continuously. With all the pressure and top class oppositions a club like ours faces, that is simply not true. In this way I think it is very well justified why McEachran hasn't been starting, although I do think he should be getting substitute appearances. Also we have Meireles who is creative and more importantly more experienced than McEachran so I understand why Meireles gets the nod ahead of him.

This can be said about a lot of our youngsters like Romeu. He has shown potential, which is great, but he lacks the experience that you need for a top team to perform continuously well. Also when we take another example like Aanholt, you can see that with week in and week out PL experience, next season I'm sure Villas-Boas will have no problems rotating him for Cole as long as he fixes up his defensive problems there (which, BTW, he was great defensively last week for Wigan Smile). With loan deals they also learn how to handle competition and they get the desire to continuously play well so that the guy behind them doesn't get the nod ahead of him, like with what we saw with Sturridge.

Because of this, I think it remains in our best interests that we loan players and bring them back when they have gained enough experience, and are old enough, for them to start. This is actually what we have been doing and I am very pleased with that. The only reason why I would imagine McEachran wasn't loaned is because we got Meireles at the last minute and no one knew until then whether we would get another CM. This doesn't prevent him from going on loan in January though and the best thing for us to do now with him is give him games here and there (I do not believe Villas-Boas will continue playing him only in the CC) and loan him to a PL club in January where he would be playing week in and week out.

However, with all these things being said, the best model for any team to follow is of Ferguson's model at Man Utd, which perfectly brings up young talents while not losing experience in the squad. Maybe we'll get lucky some time in the future and have a model like that, but our loan policy isn't that bad either. I think we will see changes when this Lampard and Terry era goes away and when the FFP starts to gain momentum, which is why I secretly can't wait till this era passes.

To be honest, AVB has been rotating well, Cole, Terry, Cech and Torres are the only ones who seem to be sure starters maybe Bosingwa too. Bar Torres and Bosingwa, we would be idiotic to not play those three due to their qualities.

AVB does not prefer experience otherwise Mata would have never been bought in, see Ancelotti last year.

I would hardly call Mata experienced. He also has very little EPL experience But that isn't a problem. Kalou is poor but he is an experienced Goal scorer, why isn't he playing?

Mikel has way more experience at DM yet Meireles played there against united.

I could go on, every manager a part from Wenger prefers experience to a degree but I don't believe AVB is one who perfers it greatly.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:24 am

Romeu over Mikel is a bit premature but playing Mikel against counter attacking teams is committing suicide.

I honestly don't know what people see in Mikel.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Mikel was top notch today, no doubt he will always be underrated by the supporters.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:38 pm

That Romeu performance gave him a kick up the backside which he has very much needed since last season, props to him though, Ram and Raul ⭐
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Ade wrote:That Romeu performance gave him a kick up the backside which he has very much needed since last season

:facepalm:

Mikel has always been good.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:21 pm

I seriously don't get why you like Mikel so much lol, regardless anyways I'll always dislike Mikel Malouda and Anelka, even when Malouda was beast for that period I still never did, guess it's the same with Mikel shame really I wish him well though.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Ade wrote:I seriously don't get why you like Mikel so much lol, regardless anyways I'll always dislike Mikel Malouda and Anelka, even when Malouda was beast for that period I still never did, guess it's the same with Mikel shame really I wish him well though.

Finally someone who agrees with me.

I just don't understand why Mikel is so overrated on this board.

But I've been thinking. My major problem with him on the pitch is that fact that he slows down the game entirely; could it be that its what AVB or previous manager wanted from him? Time to time he makes long passes that creates attacking chances. He did improve his clumsiness and learned to maintain his cool on the pitch.

Either way, its no excuse to be as fast as a motorbike with no wheels and the inability to mark a faster player.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:01 am

Soul wrote:
Ade wrote:I seriously don't get why you like Mikel so much lol, regardless anyways I'll always dislike Mikel Malouda and Anelka, even when Malouda was beast for that period I still never did, guess it's the same with Mikel shame really I wish him well though.

Finally someone who agrees with me.

I just don't understand why Mikel is so overrated on this board.

But I've been thinking. My major problem with him on the pitch is that fact that he slows down the game entirely; could it be that its what AVB or previous manager wanted from him? Time to time he makes long passes that creates attacking chances. He did improve his clumsiness and learned to maintain his cool on the pitch.

Either way, its no excuse to be as fast as a motorbike with no wheels and the inability to mark a faster player.

I agree with this part. For the first 20 we were struggling to make any sort of headway into their defense despite being in total control. It took a sublime chip from Mata to break down their defensive line. Mikel is great for keeping possession and keeping a lead, but in terms of making headway into their defense and mounting attacks he definitely slows the play, takes alot of touches and allows the opponents to get behind the ball when we are pushing quickly.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:48 am

Mikel is not untouchable infact he is under most threat in the midfield atm after Lampard but I think Romeu needs to prove himself over more than just a handful of Fulham reserves.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next