B-Mac
Twoism
The Verminator
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
61 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

Id you get frustrated with Arshavin....you want Kaka? The amount that he is going to cost will not evne justify him having like a 20+ goal season... which he wont. No way is he creative enough to marshall the Offence. His main asset was his ability to cut in from the side, but he cant even do that anymore.

His main asset was his acceleration and ability to burst past players, not cutting in from wide. He's obviously lost a lot of that ability since he's had quite a few injuries but he still undenaibly has great technical skill, vision and scoring ability.

For a loan, can we really go wrong? We get a class attacking midfielder with bags of experience in the club that can not only help us on the pitch but pass on advice and experience to our younger players. His need to rest often will see our younger guys get game time and by the end of the loan, they'll hopefully be ready to step-up. The name alone will give the whole club and everyone assiocaited with it a lift.

I see many more pros than cons.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 pm

this is how i see it... Everyone thinks of Kaka as the guy who accelerated between those 2 United players from the side to score the goal in the CL finals right?

Seeing him play the way he is in Madrid, I just dont see how we are going to benifit from his arrival. He is not going to fill the void of Fabregas. If we are to buy a short term replacement, i think Arteta is better suited to play for us. His exp in the PL would be helpful to the development of Ramsey.

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 pm

Just to give a little more substance to the latest Kaka rumours, Italian press are now reporting that us and Inter are duking it out to sign him on loan, with Madrid paying 20-30% of his wages.

Seeing him play the way he is in Madrid, I just dont see how we are going to benifit from his arrival. He is not going to fill the void of Fabregas.

That's not a good reason for us not loaning him. Who can we realistically buy that could properly replace Fabregas? Nobody. Only players who have a lot of talent but aren't quite there yet.

Kaka might not be as good as before, but at least he's a proven talent.

Remember this would only be a loan, not a permanent signing. If it doesn't work out he would simply go back to Madrid and we move on.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:33 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-make-bid-of-just-6m-defender-Gary-Cahill-who-is-valued-at-17m-by-Bolton-exclusive-story-article790412.html

No idea how true that is, but it did make me laugh.

Undoubtedly, other fans will read that and slam Wenger for being too tight with his money, but thinking about it, £6,000,000+ extras is actually much closer to Cahill's true value than the £17,000,000 Bolton want for him especially when you consider he's entering the final year of his contract.

Nobody in their right mind would spend £17,000,000 on a player in the final year of his contract - not counting Manchester City - and Bolton are pretty much screwed if Cahill chooses not to extend his contract.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:this is how i see it... Everyone thinks of Kaka as the guy who accelerated between those 2 United players from the side to score the goal in the CL finals right?

Seeing him play the way he is in Madrid, I just dont see how we are going to benifit from his arrival. He is not going to fill the void of Fabregas. If we are to buy a short term replacement, i think Arteta is better suited to play for us. His exp in the PL would be helpful to the development of Ramsey.

nah man, been watching kaka since a LONG time. For milan, Brazil and now madrid. He has obviously lost speed but the quality is still there. If wenger wants him, then there must be something still in him.

Plus Arteta would cost us 20m. Kaka wont cost us anything apart from wages
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:39 pm

LMFAO !! Well i 100% believe this report

I know wenger won't spend more than 10M on Cahill
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Spider wrote:LMFAO !! Well i 100% believe this report

He's probably thinking "why pay over the odds now when I could get him for free next season?"

It's not like Cahill is any better than Koscielny and Vermaelen. He'd be a rotation/back-up player, and you simply don't spend £17,000,000 on that sort of player.

Apparently French radio are saying tonight that we've agreed a price with Lille for Hazard...

Everyone keep their hands where we can see them, please.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Spider wrote:LMFAO !! Well i 100% believe this report

He's probably thinking "why pay over the odds now when I could get him for free next season?"

It's not like Cahill is any better than Koscielny and Vermaelen. He'd be a rotation/back-up player, and you simply don't spend £17,000,000 on that sort of player.

Or maybe Wenger thinks that he could pay less than 10M in Jan

I'm with Wenger on this , but we STILL need a CB or LB NOW
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:05 am

im not sure if you guys have seen kaka at all this year but i caught him in action in 2 preseason games on real madrid's tour here in the states.

i can tell you he's still REALLY good. showed decent pace (he'll never see his ac milan days again) and great vision and passing. those qualities translate no matter who the opposition is.

im not saying we must get him, but it'd be wonderful to get him if he stayed healthy.

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 am

Just a few points I'd like to share here.

On Kaka:

Although it's clear to see that he hasn't had a good stint at Real, a lot of that, imo, has to do with the system. At Milan, he was at the pinacle of his career and everything they did on the the pitch. At Madrid, that wasn't quite the case. He wasn't afforded the luxury to really show what he could do- regardless of what the formation told us. Ronaldo was, and stil is, the main man at Madrid. Those famous kaka run were being done by Roanldo. Injuries also are a factor. I would love him at Arsenal. We see Wilshere making narrow runs more often and he draw many free kicks or is able to avoid his man. Kaka, will leave Wilshere in his wake if they ever raced, therefore, I'm confident Kaka could do a job for us.

Hazard:

All these conflicting reports about being happy then possibly leaving annoy me. Would Hazard rather come to us over Real and Barcelona? NO! At 20, is it fair to say that he'd be looking for a move at 25? YES! Do we really need him? If we sell Arshavin, then YES!

Cahill:

Wenger is out of his mind if he think he would be able to snare Cahill on a free next season. Cahil strikes me as a player who'd happily sign for Liverpool over us. I don't think Utd or City would want him. However, Chelsea could potentially look at him as a partner to Luiz and if that were to happen, I think he'd choose them over us as well. I agree that anything over £11m is nonsense, but similarly, we just sold Nasri for £25m and he was in the same contract predicament to Cahill...
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:14 am

"Cahil strikes me as a player who'd happily sign for Liverpool over us"

why would u say that ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 am

Kaka is still quality,he simply doesnt fit in their system + he needs more playing time
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 am

RealGunner wrote:"Cahil strikes me as a player who'd happily sign for Liverpool over us"

why would u say that ?

Liverpool are showing much more intent than Arsenal are. They also have more british mature players, which I honestly believe, works in favour when signing mature british players.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 am

bloodless wrote:
Eman wrote:
bloodless wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Reports in Spain saying Arsenal and Valencia are fighting for Raul Albiol.

albiol's good tho i dnt see him as an upgrade to kosc or johan....Really want to see cahill in an arsenal jersey
You rate Cahill higher than Albiol? Shocked

dude albiol is not that good, and he is not strong, his weak as heck...there's a reason why his not getting games for madrid
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been online much today. Anyway, the reason he isn't getting games for Madrid is because that is a world class team, unlike Bolton. He still has 75 appearances in 2 seasons there, and was first-choice for the first season. Even before Real Madrid he was playing regularly for Valencia, which is still a step up from Bolton. Cahill is so overrated it's ridiculous, and while he could be a great player there is no doubt in my mind that Albiol is superior. I just want us to sign anyone half decent though...
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:31 am

lemme just tell ya'll something about Kaka. AW never makes big money transfers, and while this would be a loan, if AW is gonna move for somebody as big as Kaka, and as expensive as Kaka, then AW has seen something in him that will help us greatly this season. Otherwise, he would never go for a star like Kaka
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagged Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:51 am

Having kaka around will be great for our young talents.

He can be a mentor for them and someone they can look up to.

I'm sure shirt sales will go through the roof.
Lagged
Lagged
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:09 am

What happened to Canales a good young CAM could be a good purchase although not proven in the EPL has played well for Spanish youth teams and was a starter in La Liga for two seasons. I know its not what we need but between Wilshere and Canales they can share the workload.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:37 am

Canales moved on loan to Valencia a couple weeks ago to replace the outgoing Mata.

As for the Kaka move, I'm not against it. Although he's been hampered by injuries, I just believe he doesn't fit into Madrid's system, and we haven't seen the best of him. We've all seen Kaka for Brazil, and how effective he can be in an attacking role.

His wages would be a bit high, but if we have to pay £120,000/wk, that wouldn't be bad considering we just freed up alot of wages through our sales. Its also only for a year, so I don't see alot of risks either.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:54 am

On the other side, by the looks of it, we have Almunia and Bendtner still around.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:47 am

srigooner wrote:On the other side, by the looks of it, we have Almunia and Bendtner still around.
I lol'd at this.
+1
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:28 am

lol have you guys heard of this rumour that Fabregas is admitting that moving to Barce is a huge mistake? lol it's sooo fake yet some people are actually buying it:

from The Gaffer
SPANISH SENSATION Cesc Fabregas has revealed that moving to Barcelona was the biggest mistake of his life and is desperately lobbying the Champions’ League winners for an immediate return home to his teenhood club Arsenal.

During his last three seasons in north London Fabregas made no secret of his desire to play for Barcelona, changing his first name by deed poll to ‘Wantaway’ and training in a Barcelona replica kit paid for out of his own pocket.

But in an emotional interview with Heat, the playmaker revealed how his dream move has turned into a nightmare.

“My dream move has turned into a nightmare”, he said. “It is like I finally kissed the girl I have been fantasizing about for years, and then opened my eyes and realised she was Carlos Puyol.”

He continued: “Nothing about this as good as I hoped it would be – it is too hot, they all speak too quickly, and everybody has their dinner at midnight.”

Fabregas is reportedly disappointed by the level of Barcelona’s famous continental sophistical, describing it as “merely a diguise for a lack of banter”.

Friends of the star hinted that Fabregas had arrived for his first day training gleefully expecting a team mate to cut up his socks, set his trousers on fire or sleep with his girlfriend for a joke. When his initiation failed to materialise Fabregas is said to have flushed his own head down the toilet so he could feel like one of the lads.

Fabregas is also unhappy with his lack of playing opportunities: “When I signed for Barcelona Guardiola promised me an automatic first-team place, but I am the worst player at the club.

“I spend most of the day carrying out undemanding administrative tasks. It has been terrible for my self-esteem. I have begged the manager to sign Nicklas Bendnter so I can get my confidence back.”

Fabregas confessed that his nostalgia for England has led to disturbed sleep and erratic behaviour. “Last night, I dreamt that I was being kicked through the middle of Stoke on a wet Wednesday night. In the dream I was so happy, but when I woke up and remembered all the photocopying I had to do, I was devastated.

“I am so lonely I have even started phoning Emmanuel Frimpong. We weren’t really friends during my time with the Gunners, but now the thought of never partnering him in another shuttle run makes me feel like crying. I just want to go home.”

Although Arsenal are thought to be interested in ending Fabregas’ Spanish exile, manager Arsène Wenger is unwilling to meet the Catalan giant’s £35 million valuation of the player, and instead targeting several rough diamond French teenagers who might be good in 2016

The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am

Oh and some realllllllllllllllyyyyy bad news if true.

German club Wolfsburg are ready to cause Arsenal another setback in their aim to rebuild their side with a move for midfielder Tomas Rosicky as the player is reportedly considering a move away from the Emirates, according to the Metro.

Rosicky has risen to become one of Arsenal’s key players following the departures of star men Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.
The Gunners are now short for midfield and if Rosicky was to leave this would dent their hopes for life after Fabregas and Nasri. The Czech international captain has suffered from a series of injuries in previous seasons however has enjoyed a good start to the new campaign and is set to become a regular in the Arsenal line-up.

Rosicky enjoyed 5 years at Budesliga side Borussia Dortmund, where he became one of the most talked about players, and at the time was linked with moves to Real Madrid, Chelsea and Athletico Madrid.

The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 pm

In a perfect world. Wenger would like these 2 first elevens:

Szczesny

Sagna Cahill Vermaelen Gibbs

Song M'Vila

Hazard Wilshere Gervinho

Van Persie

Fabianski

Jenkinson Djourou Koscielny Traore

Ramsey Diaby

Walcott Rosicky Arshavin

Chamakh
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Is Cahill>>>>Koscielny?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 pm

£6M bid is an insult to be fair though if its true lol
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Ade wrote:£6M bid is an insult to be fair though if its true lol

Owen Coyle says the word 'derisory' does not even cover Arsenal's offer to sign Bolton Wanderers defender Gary Cahill. Bolton have rejected a reported £7million bid for Cahill, who is in the final year of his contract at the Reebok Stadium.

Skysports.com

IT IS TRUE Very Happy
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next