Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL???

+59
VendettaRed07
urbaNRoots
Suarez99
The_Badger
Grooverider
mr-r34
Motogp69
Adrian0911
la bestia negra
Bellabong
Blue Barrett
Grande_Milano
barca 2011
lszanto
stunt
McAgger
rwo power
Le Samourai
RedOranje
punkfusion1992
The Messiah
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Onyx
S
BIG$PETER
Red Alert
Eivindo
since1996
El Chelsea Fuerte
Jeps33178
mezzogiornese
Ali
kiranr
Nishankly
wigglesworth
jibers
Arsenalfaithfull
Sushi Master
drakefyre
Toffer Harley
Lex
RED
VivaStPauli
FootballFan92
B-Mac
Abramovich
FennecFox7
windkick
Doc
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
BeautifulGame
Freeza
Gil
Jay29
Swanhends
Quinten Metsys
63 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL???

Post by Adit Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Adit wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Adit wrote:Agreed sportzcy,apart from Arsenal all teams play different type of typical EPL footy.

Lol, you watch too much Stoke Laughing
well, EPL footy works though.It gets you Result,but it doesnt really help them in int level.or is it a myth Laughing ?

Not everyone play's like a typical EPL team, teams may not play like Arsenal or Barca but they still play good football but have the ability to play physically when required.

International level is another question and has nothing to do with goes on at club level.
second part i cant agree,they do suffer from EPL syndrome alot in int level.Players who are raised to play in EPL ,who only plays in EPL will certainly lack tactical diversity.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL???

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Newcastle under Houghton played better football than Real Madrid IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:04 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Yaya Toure and...?

City may have played a defensive style but they didn't play an over-excessively physical style either regardless of what physical players they have in there side.

How can you forget their star players Barry and Milner? Mancini opted to play Dzeko as a Target man even he has a technically much superior Ballo in his side.Not to say They almost played a Very defensive formation and it actually worked.what about manu? did they controlled any matches throw out the season? They played typical EPL footy if anything and they are EPL champs.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Adit wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Adit wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Adit wrote:Agreed sportzcy,apart from Arsenal all teams play different type of typical EPL footy.

Lol, you watch too much Stoke Laughing
well, EPL footy works though.It gets you Result,but it doesnt really help them in int level.or is it a myth Laughing ?

Not everyone play's like a typical EPL team, teams may not play like Arsenal or Barca but they still play good football but have the ability to play physically when required.

International level is another question and has nothing to do with goes on at club level.
second part i cant agree,they do suffer from EPL syndrome alot in int level.Players who are raised to play in EPL ,who only plays in EPL will certainly lack tactical diversity.

Not really, it's due to idiot coaches we have that play kick and rush football when its obvious people like Rooney, Wilshere and many others do not suit playing kick and rush football.

For example at the u21's we had technically gifted player's but we were playing kick and rush because the coach is an idiot.

Which cause me to say to Jay that it does'nt matter how technically gifted players we have or will have in the future it wont matter for sh*t until we have a coach that understands the strengths and weaknesses of the players and plays to them.

I also said even we had Xavi and Iniesta we would have played long ball, the problem is'nt the players and neither it is how we play at club level as alot of clubs play a variation of 4-3-3 now its the coaching at international level.

Thank you Sepi and yes we did play very good football and now we have a playmaker and a 10 so hopefully we will play even better football this year Very Happy

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Sepi wrote:Newcastle under Houghton played better football than Real Madrid IMO

Dude... EPL is my favorite league over the past several years as my second team is Arsenal. You must not watch Madrid because the ONLY times we played defensively was against Barca after the game in Nov. We lost 5-0 in that one because our midfield was just not up to par. Mou would've been stupid not to kill the rhythm of the games after that one. Playing pretty is fine if you can do it. If not, you have to play an uber-tactical game. Other than those games, we were crushing people with beautiful footy all season long. In fact, other teams resorted to the same tactics we used against Barca to try and beat us. That's just the way it goes when there's a huge personnel advantage... and Barca had one in the midfield against us. Btw, we also lost Khedira, which made us go even more defensive in the last 2 classicos.

Newcastle is a fun english-style club under Houghton. There's nothing tactically or technically sophisticated about what they do. But it's a fun side because their games tend to get exciting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm sure they did, didn't do them much in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, think about it gents, if you were, let's say, Milner (awful player), would you really wanna go exploring other leagues. To have to learn another language, another style of football, to climatise with a brand new environment while receiving a pay that would probably be less than what you're making (at Man City). Most of the time, you as Milner, would stay at Man City for the foreseeable future.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Adit wrote:How can you forget their star players Barry and Milner?

Barry and Milner aren't "physical" players.

Mancini opted to play Dzeko as a Target man even he has a technically much superior Ballo in his side.Not to say They almost played a Very defensive formation and it actually worked.

Mancini didn't use Dzeko as a target man. He used him as your everyday centre forward.

In fact, City hardly even played long-balls to him. City may have been quite defensive at times but they always played football on the ground whenever they did go forward.

Their success last season actually came when they attacked teams.

what about manu? did they controlled any matches throw out the season? They played typical EPL footy if anything and they are EPL champs.

I wasn't aware that playing on the counter was "typical EPL footy" considering a large percentage of teams around the world play the same way.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:11 pm

lol @ some around 19 year olds,I always thought 18-22 is the age of obssessions and insecurity syndrome.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Dude... EPL is my favorite league over the past several years as my second team is Arsenal. You must not watch Madrid because the ONLY times we played defensively was against Barca after the game in Nov. We lost 5-0 in that one because our midfield was just not up to par. Mou would've been stupid not to kill the rhythm of the games after that one. Playing pretty is fine if you can do it. If not, you have to play an uber-tactical game. Other than those games, we were crushing people with beautiful footy all season long. In fact, other teams resorted to the same tactics we used against Barca to try and beat us. That's just the way it goes when there's a huge personnel advantage... and Barca had one in the midfield against us. Btw, we also lost Khedira, which made us go even more defensive in the last 2 classicos.

Newcastle is a fun english-style club under Houghton. There's nothing tactically or technically sophisticated about what they do. But it's a fun side because their games tend to get exciting.

Or maybe, La Liga fans only see beautiful football as Tiki-Taka and Pass Pass Pass.

Newcastle's modern 4-4-2 (not with speed merchants) under Houghton was great to watch, because they pass it very well, they crossed when they had to, and they created a lot of goalscoring opportunities in every game.

Most of all...I loved their team spirit. Team spirit comes above all qualities of a team for me...their entertaining style combined with dedication and team spirit made them very exciting to watch alongside Blackpool.

The reason Newcastle finished midtable and Blackpool were relegated was that Blackpool relied too much on passing football and didn't mix it a bit (Like Newcastle did) ..of course they had inferior players to NUFC, but if Ollie was a bit more direct in his approach at times ,I reckon they would have got that extra point or 2 that would have kept them up.

I have Setanta Sports, n it shows all the BPL games in a week on re-runs many times...Watching Newcastle was the best part of the weekend, since we mostly stank under Woy.

Honestly, they 4-4-2 =/= Typical Hoof and Cross English Football. It's a myth

Mate. Real Madrid, with the money spent on their squad, IS EXPECTED to play good football. Ronaldo alone is worth more than 80% of clubs in La Liga. Of course you should play good football and you probably did. I was going a relative comparison.

Newcastle under Houghton considering their talent in their disposal and money spent, played more entertaining football than RM last season. My opinion of course.

Relative comparison Smile

Last edited by Sepi on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Adit wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Yaya Toure and...?

City may have played a defensive style but they didn't play an over-excessively physical style either regardless of what physical players they have in there side.

How can you forget their star players Barry and Milner? Mancini opted to play Dzeko as a Target man even he has a technically much superior Ballo in his side.Not to say They almost played a Very defensive formation and it actually worked.what about manu? did they controlled any matches throw out the season? They played typical EPL footy if anything and they are EPL champs.

How on earth is Milner a physical player?Just because he has high work rate? Have u even watched Milner play for Villa the season before?

Ya City should play Baloteli and lose every match with him getting sent after 30 mins.

And United played phisycal football last season? Then u didnt watch them much last season evidentlly then.Then didnt even play with a DM most of last season and they are physical Laughing

Ridiculous post to say the least.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:14 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

agreed ,they are technical beasts.

Your points really didnt convince me enough.Lets agree to disagree then. Smile
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Mate, i think that's due to the fact we tend to attack as a team and not defend as one Laughing

I do think we are underrated as far as playing good football goes people saw goal's of Carroll and assumed we played long ball, but nothing could be further than the truth, yes we played to strength of our then number 9 but even Madrid crossed the ball when Adebayor played.

It's just common knowledge that you will cause problems with that play with a big, strong number 9 in the box.

Anyway you should enjoy us this year, we have more french player's than Arsenal Very Happy

Adit wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Wow ! just wow, you are either a technical beast or a psychical player Laughing

What Jay said was right, they are not physical player's but neither are they technical beast's they are b2b mid's that work hard for the team.

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Those who think Milner is a physical player or just a useless one, never watched him for Villa.

I am still in shock what happened to him at City......Lack of confidence surely

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Adit wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Are you a mong? hows Milner a physical player lol
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Sepi wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Or maybe, La Liga fans only see beautiful football as Tiki-Taka and Pass Pass Pass.

Newcastle's modern 4-4-2 (not with speed merchants) under Houghton was great to watch, because they pass it very well, they crossed when they had to, and they created a lot of goalscoring opportunities in every game.

Most of all...I loved their team spirit. Team spirit comes above all qualities of a team for me...their entertaining style combined with dedication and team spirit made them very exciting to watch alongside Blackpool.

The reason Newcastle finished midtable and Blackpool were relegated was that Blackpool relied too much on passing football and didn't mix it a bit (Like Newcastle did) ..of course they had inferior players to NUFC, but if Ollie was a bit more direct in his approach at times ,I reckon they would have got that extra point or 2 that would have kept them up.

I have Setanta Sports, n it shows all the BPL games in a week on re-runs many times...Watching Newcastle was the best part of the weekend, since we mostly stank under Woy.

Honestly, they 4-4-2 =/= Typical Hoof and Cross English Football. It's a myth

Mate. Real Madrid, with the money spent on their squad, IS EXPECTED to play good football. Ronaldo alone is worth more than 80% of clubs in La Liga. Of course you should play good football and you probably did. I was going a relative comparison.

Newcastle under Houghton considering their talent in their disposal and money spent, played more entertaining football than RM last season. My opinion of course.

Relative comparison Smile

Did you watch Real Madrid as consistent as Newcastle?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:20 pm

That's right Sepi... they were exciting. But i didn't find them very innovative or tactically good. They just played with heart and competed.

BTW, I'm not slamming the EPL because i think it's a great league. Very physical and competitive. It lacks technique and tactics... which is why you need some of your NT players to experience other leagues. Diverse player experience in your NT is vital to compete at the top levels. That's the point of this discussion.

Just as an anecdote... Benzema asked Nasri about the EPL when he was having problems and considered the move. Nasri's response was "ne t'en fait pas... ce ne sont pas des lumieres en Angleterre." Translation: Don't worry, they're not the sharpest in England."

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:28 pm

this thread is dumb to suggest because they all stay in the same league it hurts them, pretty sure when italy won the WC in 06 there entire squad was in Italy aside from like Zambrotta and Luca Toni?

why everyone so obsessed with England and it's players? we're awesome we know, but you don't need to make all these threads about us
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballFan92 Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:32 pm

The Premier League is seen as the biggest League in the world, mostly down to the amount of money.
English players wouldnt want to leave the country they were born in simply because of the money and they generally support the club.

I see a lot of La Liga supporters go on about the whole 'hoofing' situation but i dont see the top 6 or 7 sides do that.
A way to prove that a side can play football is the Champions League and to my Knowledge the English teams have dominated that for the past 6 years, not necessarily winning the title but having a lot of sides getting in to the later stages year in year out
FootballFan92
FootballFan92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Don't all the players from the top3 to top5 leagues generally stay "home"? I mean you don't see a shit ton of Spaniards, Germans or Italians move abroad either, basically because they get sweet setups (money and experience wise) in their domestic leagues - there's just no real incentive to leave.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:08 pm

They are playing in the best and most exciting league, everywhere else would be a step down.

Simples.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Adit proving his bias in this thread; talks about "hoof ball" then describes Milner as a physical player. Chances are, he's never watched an EPL game that didn't involve Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea or Liverpool
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Bolton and Fulham last season did their best to throw off the "sheer physical brute force" label and tried to play some pretty sweet football
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Mancienne now went to Hamburg. ofc not an established name but it should be exciting to see how he will do...
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:30 pm

There was a time when the British in Europe wasn't too uncommon , IMO it was because the genuine big clubs were in Europe and they offered good money .
Linekar , Hughes , Brady , Keegan , Waddle , Platt , Alridge , Gazza , Ince all played outside the league .

With the EPL revolution , nowadays I guess British players would earn much more if they stayed in the league . English players in the PL are now overhyped and overpaid (most of em).They got little reason to move abroad.
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:36 pm

It's down to coaches and somewhat down to the players. Not the current generation, though, who are very technically adept.

Every sort of league has a "style". The physical, run-your-balls approach is the English. Yeah, you can criticize it, but you could do the same anywhere.

Italy? Tactical, cerebral football with solid defenses. Oh noes, boring catenaccio football and grinding results.

Spain? Fast, stylish and extremely technical football. Oh noes, boring tiki taka and shit defenders.

Germany? Tactical, hoof ball, very attack oriented football. Oh noes, boring goalfests.

In the end everyone plays to their strengths. English, Italians, Germans and most Spanish stay in their leagues. It's the ones from "weaker leagues" and Latin Americans, Africans who move around.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Because we are nothing like the Europeans. In fact UK should be should be seen as a continent in itself. Plus our players hate the food Europe has to offer, not to mention the horrible weather... who the f likes sunshine ? And lets not get started on the currency Very Happy
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next