M99
Hapless_Hans
McAgger
urbaNRoots
Unique
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Players who don't cut it in certain leagues Empty Re: Players who don't cut it in certain leagues

Post by Unique Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:13 am

RealGunner wrote:Manchester City will have to pay Wolfsburg's asking price of £45m if they are to sign 24-year-old attacking midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, according to the Belgium international's agent. - Guardian
----

Winger Aaron Lennon, 28, appears to have no future at Tottenham after not being given a squad number. - S*n
---

Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew says the club have received no bids for 26-year-old winger Yannick Bolasie, who will cost at least £35m. - Evening Standard
couldent cut it in the prem lge last time :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Players who don't cut it in certain leagues Empty Re: Players who don't cut it in certain leagues

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:18 am

^I bet you think di Maria didn't cut it in the Premier League Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:33 am

urbaNRoots wrote:^I bet you think di Maria didn't cut it in the Premier League Laughing

Well did he? stfu I rest my case.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:40 am

Don't call me James wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:^I bet you think di Maria didn't cut it in the Premier League Laughing

Emre Can didn't cut it in Bundesliga tbh :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:42 am

Henry, Bergkamp, Viera just could not cut it in Serie A tbh.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:43 am

Djorkaeff didn't cut it at Kaiserslautern
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:45 am

M99 wrote:Henry, Bergkamp, Viera just could not cut it in Serie A tbh.

They couldn't

They flopped. Vieira gets a pass since he was 60 or whatever.

What's your point.

Doesn't take away that they were legends but they were shit in Italy.

Last edited by Don't call me James on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:46 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Well that's false since Bayer really didn't want to lose him and he was one of their better players in 13-14.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:53 am

no. di maria smashed it in the prem lge. that's why man u didn't play him and sold him at a loss after one season.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:55 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

and he might not cut it in the german lge again if went back.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:05 am

Unique wrote:
no. di maria smashed it in the prem lge. that's why man u didn't play him and sold him at a loss after one season.

And Man Utd never make a mistake. It's not black and white as that hun.

Read the examples mentioned by other posters, you'll eventually get it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:05 am

They couldn't

What's your point.

I was actually referring to Viera's time in AC Milan before he went to Arsenal.

Point is that it's not as simple as, "they could not cut it" they were MISUSED. Henry would have cut it if he was played CF instead of left wing on Juve, Viera would have cut it if Milan gave him acceptable game time, Bergkamp would have cut it if Inter did not change coaches more frequently than prime Perez.

De Bruyne and Di Maria were misused just like these three were. Writing them of as "they could not cut it" is ignorant.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:12 am

Bergkamp was crap in Serie A but he was the difference maker in Uefa Cup '94 won from Inter tbh ( even top scorer in that tournament) . So he suffered Serie A more than Inter imo .
Players can have a problem of adapation in first year ,it's nothing of strange.
Felipe Anderson was a distant second POTY last year after a crap season just the previous year for example.
This is another reason why I ' d keep Shaqiri , but I think his "exile " was not a matter of football.
" I know the reason why Inter want to get rid of Shaqiri , they said me , but I can't reveal it "
(Rummenigge)
It looks like if he did someting work who has nothing to do with football .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:16 am

Robespierre wrote:Bergkamp was crap in Serie A but he was the difference maker in Uefa Cup '94 won from Inter tbh ( even top scorer in that tournament) . So he suffered Serie A more than Inter imo .
Players can have a problem of adapation in first year ,it's nothing of strange.
Felipe Anderson was a distant second POTY last year after a crap season just the previous year for example.
This is another reason why I ' d keep Shaqiri , but I think his "exile " was not a matter of football.
" I know the reason why Inter want to get rid of Shaqiri , they said me , but I can't reveal it "
(Rummenigge)
It looks like if he did someting work who has nothing to do with football .

lmfao ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:10 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:

And Man Utd never make a mistake. It's not black and white as that hun.

Read the examples mentioned by other posters, you'll eventually get it.
I will get what darling. are you saying di maria was a hit in the prem lge rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:13 am

M99 wrote:

They couldn't

What's your point.

Point is that it's not as simple as, "they could not cut it" they were MISUSED. Henry would have cut it if he was played CF instead of left wing on Juve, Viera would have cut it if Milan gave him acceptable game time, Bergkamp would have cut it if Inter did not change coaches more frequently than prime Perez.

De Bruyne and Di Maria were misused just like these three were. Writing them of as "they could not cut it" is ignorant.

Ah shit, should have played Downing as an AM and Carroll as a CB, then they wouldn't be flops.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Players who don't cut it in certain leagues Empty Players who don't cut it in certain leagues

Post by M99 Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:15 am

M99 wrote:

They couldn't

What's your point.

Ah shit, should have played Downing as an AM and Carroll as a CB, then they wouldn't be flops.

Yeah because that's the positions they played the best football of their career right?!
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Just smack talking at players, but noone makes a point. This thread. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Robespierre wrote:Coutinho hmm
coutinho only needed a club and manager that gave him a bit of love and trust.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Uhm hmm I deleted anyway (you faster than Walcott to respond hmm ) because I  think to have understood wrongly the sense about this thread, at the beginning I thought it had to do simply with players who haven't performed in certain leagues and great in others hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Actually this was an off-topic discussion that derailed the Transfer rumours thread and I thought instead of telling people to shut up, I might do them a favour and split this into an extra thread where they could continue....
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:04 pm

rwo power wrote:Actually this was an off-topic discussion that derailed the Transfer rumours thread and I thought instead of telling people to shut up, I might do them a favour and split this into an extra thread where they could continue....
who would be a mod eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:03 pm

i think there should be a clear definition of a 'flop' or 'not cutting it'. take ze roberto for instance, a class player, he was never given enough chances at madrid to start and show what he can do consistently, i'm not sure its fair to say he flopped or couldn't cut it. robben- injured his first year at madrid, did well in the second, but the team was poor and sold in the third, its not like when he played he was garbage

i think a flop or a person who can't cut it is one of three scenarios;
1.) the player is given chance after chance to show what he can do, but never comes close to replicating what he did in his previous club (obviously the player has to be at the peak of his career, we can't label a 34/35 year old new signing as a flop cos he's not playing how he did when he was 27). in this regard, dennis bergkamp was a flop at inter, he was given opportunities and hardly produced

2.) the player is signed for huge fee, but can't prove himself due to being out of favor, injured, is garbage, etc...note, i said earlier injuries, feud with coaches, lack of playing time shouldn't automatically throw you in the flop pile, cos you didn't get a fair shot at showing your potential. BUT when you are signed for 30 plus million, that tag means a lot, it means you can't afford to get injured and not show your talent cos huge risks have been taken to bring you over; wages have been cut, budgets have been adjusted, people in the franchise have been let go, all to accommodate you;

based on that, ibra, di maria, kaka, schevchenko, would be flops- not because the league was too strong for them, but, they couldn't live up to the responsibility that came with the price tag, (staying fit, getting along with the manager, teammates, training sessions etc).

rivaldo at milan for instance, despite getting the garbage award in italy wasn't a flop. he was signed for free, and the coach hardly gave him playing time. when he played he wasn't all of a sudden missing open nets, blocking teammates shots, tripping while attempting dribbles

3.) a player who's just plain garbage, regardless of transfer fee ala heinze at madrid, jonathan woodgate at madrid, drenthe, fabien barthez at utd, luque at newcastle and many more
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:19 pm

if a player wasn't used properly or wanted a different move and clearly wasted a year, they can't be called flops imo.

if your at your best, giving it your all and still couldn't handle it, then fair enough.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:24 pm

chad4401 wrote:if a player wasn't used properly or wanted a different move and clearly wasted a year, they can't be called flops imo.

if your at your best, giving it your all and still couldn't handle it, then fair enough.
what player would move to a new club and not give it his all.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next