Why English / British players are over priced

+3
Iceman
Nirgal
BeautifulGame
7 posters

Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Why English / British players are over priced

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:24 am

The main reason is its always safe to build teams around young english players than foreign players . With English u are most likely to get their best years whereas foreign players are off with the slightest interest from Real or Barca . So u rarely get their best years and hence have to rebuild again .

The other problem is England is not a place really comfortable for top players from overseas because of its climate and cultural reasons so they always want to move on when the opportunity arises unlike Italy or Spain .

Someone like Herrera might be more talented than Henderson but when he reaches his potential he will more than likely want to move to Spain just like Fabregas or Ronaldo . But if Henderson reaches his potential Liverpool have a good player for more than 10 years can built the team around him for years .

The perfect example would be Scholes and Alonso . United build their team based on Scholes so they are now slowly rebuild their team and have the time to do it . But we build out team based on Alonso so when he wanted to move we couldnt replace him and rebuilt a team within a transfer window .

So its always better to pay over the odds the get young British players rather than buy similar foreign players for cheaper price .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by Nirgal Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:21 pm

I disagree. I think the reason they are overpriced is because english fans simply prefer to have an english player in their team. The same way spaniards prefer to have an spanish player and so on.

Player that share the nationality of a league when the league is crowded with foreigners will always be more expensive because the fans will feel more related to them and like them more.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:22 pm

According to your logic, Spanish players should be overpriced in Spain, Italian players overpriced in Italy, etc. etc. which is not true.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Nirgal wrote:I disagree. I think the reason they are overpriced is because english fans simply prefer to have an english player in their team. The same way spaniards prefer to have an spanish player and so on.

Player that share the nationality of a league when the league is crowded with foreigners will always be more expensive because the fans will feel more related to them and like them more.

I just want to add to this.

Who else has more experience in the Premier League than the English players? Englishmen don't play abroad. The whole of our national team have played their whole careers in England and Premier League experience is vital to title winning sides. On top of this, they know the culture of the country and its football.

The smaller clubs take advantage of this and demmand big fees from the bigger clubs. They know that if they have a good English player, he'd be a more attractive option for the big English teams than a foreign player.


Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by S Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:08 pm

its not only epl ..spanish players are overpriced in la liga and italian players are overpriced in serie a as well..and the prob with epl is with the high foreign influx into the league,especially with the top clubs and with the aim of adding english talent to their squad,they end up being overpriced coz its not only that particular top club vying for the players' signature but also the supposed mid-table or lower clubs are reluctant to sell as well and end up asking a higher price..and add to that the heavy media coverage and lucrative sponsorship deals that epl clubs enjoy !!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28487
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by S Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Iceman wrote:According to your logic, Spanish players should be overpriced in Spain, Italian players overpriced in Italy, etc. etc. which is not true.
bonucci worth 16m

rannochia worth 17m

and both of them are overrated IMO..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28487
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Iceman wrote:According to your logic, Spanish players should be overpriced in Spain, Italian players overpriced in Italy, etc. etc. which is not true.

England is not a place really comfortable for top players from overseas because of its climate and cultural reasons so they always want to move on when the opportunity arises unlike Italy or Spain .


A Argentina or Brazilian player will want to play in Italy everytime over Spain because of climatic and cultural thing . Italian or Spainish teams dont have that issue . So they can rely on them long term unlike english teams.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Latin America: Portugal, Spain, Italy
North Africa: Spain, Italy
West Africa: France
East Europe: Germany

Apart from that even Dutch League attracts lots talents from around the world. This is due to cultural (language) affinity & climate.

Even players from Korea or Japan goes to other leagues though they speak English.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9345
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by Nirgal Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Iceman wrote:According to your logic, Spanish players should be overpriced in Spain, Italian players overpriced in Italy, etc. etc. which is not true.

I really think they are. You just don't see it as often because you probably watch epl much more.

Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:08 pm

umm... michael owen anyone?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by Nirgal Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:18 pm

iftikhar wrote:Latin America: Portugal, Spain, Italy
North Africa: Spain, Italy
West Africa: France
East Europe: Germany

Apart from that even Dutch League attracts lots talents from around the world. This is due to cultural (language) affinity & climate.

Even players from Korea or Japan goes to other leagues though they speak English.

Bar players from countries that share the same language or strong cultural affinities (such as Italy-Argentina/Uruguay) I don't think any other player would prefer Italian/spanish/german/Frech league over the english one. It's just the most recognized outside the latin sphere in my opinion and the most accesible since most people who speak a second language speak english.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Why English / British players are over priced  Empty Re: Why English / British players are over priced

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum