Myesyats
FennecFox7
McLewis
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by rincon Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:07 am

Warrior wrote:It's an old habit for me to call the yellow mustard "baseball mustard" to differentiate from the terrible Dijon mustard. Hot-dogs with mustard and ketchup at the baseball game is a classic.

Nevermind guns, this is the real controversy in this thread. Dijon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yellow mustard

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:19 pm

Vibe wrote:I will never understand how most Americans think it's normal to carry guns. I saw so many videos of people casually walking with assault rifles that it disturbes me, despite being so far away.

America is so strange man, I swear. As a child I used to dream of it as the greatest place. Maybe it used to be, but now I don't think I would go there, ever, under no circumstances.

How many schools need to be shot up for someone to say enough? I know goverments don't really care about people, but this is some next level shit.

Just ban the freaking guns. There is absolutely no need for anyone to have more than one gun per household, and the gun shouldn't be allowed to leave the household. Just for worst case scenario.

But I saw one video of a "protest" that looked more like a riot, and there were more people there with assault rifles than not. And cops were walking by as if that is normal. So I guess it is allowed for people to carry assault rifles in the street? That had me shook, I mean for fucks sake what is going on.

Just go to Canada bro, it's like the USA but mentally stable

Banff, Alberta is on my go-to list to visit.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:25 pm

@Vibe i believe in gun rights in terms of owning one for self-defense at your home, and for when Viva La Revolution finally breaks out. But yea carrying one out in your daily life in the streets is just inviting trouble.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:43 pm

Something else also strikes a nerve with me, it's the post shooting inteviews in situations where the shooting was "justified".

It's how cold they seem and how professional their vocabulary sounds when they explain on camera how many rounds they put into a person and what caliber at what distance. It sounds like pride, as if they waited their entire life for this opportunity to shoot someone up. Casual citizens, as if the value of life is non-existent.

I can't imagine a situation where I could shoot someone, would have to be absolute life & death shit and I would not even defend my own life with a gun, only a childs life.

Is it truly that widely fucked up over there? Or is it just the media picture that the rest of us get like when they focus on 1% of the shit that happens and nothing else.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:58 am

Vibe wrote:
Is it truly that widely fucked up over there? Or is it just the media picture that the rest of us get like when they focus on 1% of the shit that happens and nothing else.

Its a big problem but a lot of its the media.

I lived in two states for a total of 5 years. I've gone back to visit many times since, including going to New York, California, and Texas in the last year.

In all that time I've never actually seen anyone with a gun in public. Only guns I've seen are from the police and at a shooting range I went once to try it out.

Of course if you go to certain parts I'm sure you'll see them, I'm guessing in rural areas in republican dominated states and in shady areas even more so. But I have mostly been in the cities (Boston, NY, Houston, LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, Indianapolis, etc.) and its never been the case.

The media paints a dystopic and overwhelmingly negative view of the US in both, the US itself, and especially in Europe. I have been living in Europe for the last 10 years or so and some of the opinions here about the US are shocking, 99% of time it will be opinions of people that have never been there.

There are many places there worth a visit.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:58 pm

rincon wrote:
Vibe wrote:

Its a big problem but a lot of its the media.

I lived in two states for a total of 5 years. I've gone back to visit many times since, including going to New York, California, and Texas in the last year.

In all that time I've never actually seen anyone with a gun in public. Only guns I've seen are from the police and at a shooting range I went once to try it out.

Of course if you go to certain parts I'm sure you'll see them, I'm guessing in rural areas in republican dominated states and in shady areas even more so. But I have mostly been in the cities (Boston, NY, Houston, LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, Indianapolis, etc.) and its never been the case.

The media paints a dystopic and overwhelmingly negative view of the US in both, the US itself, and especially in Europe. I have been living in Europe for the last 10 years or so and some of the opinions here about the US are shocking, 99% of time it will be opinions of people that have never been there.

There are many places there worth a visit.

Yeah I lived in rural Illinois for roughly a year when I was younger. Guns everywhere, even in church. It's not about protection or even government tyranny. It's basically a flex for these folks. It's "because I can" mentality. These guns got them feeling so invincible that they don't even lock their doors.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 18, 2024 6:56 pm

I honestly respect policemen and women more and more these days, they have to deal with this shit every day

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 20, 2024 2:22 am

They don't have to. They choose to.

And on top of that, they get significant amounts of legal protection when they brutalize the communities they're supposed to be protecting.

I have no sympathy for any of them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 20, 2024 7:57 am

Mclewis, you're ACAB? affraid
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon May 20, 2024 10:20 am

I don't want to sound insensitive but how difficult is it to stay calm and do what they tell you?

And then you all go home.

There are good cops and bad cops, just like with any group of people. The culture of shoot first and ask questions later is general to USA it seems to me. I've never been though, so I don't know is it truly how it seems.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 20, 2024 12:59 pm

El Gunner wrote:Mclewis, you're ACAB? affraid

I know you're likely being sarcastic, but it bears saying anyway:

Every single member of law enforcement (cops, their bosses, prosecutors, mayors, etc.) that either actively participates in brutalizing communities, particularly underserved ones of color, or enables it, are indeed bastards.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 20, 2024 1:11 pm

Vibe wrote:I don't want to sound insensitive but how difficult is it to stay calm and do what they tell you?

There are good cops and bad cops, just like with any group of people. The culture of shoot first and ask questions later is general to USA it seems to me. I've never been though, so I don't know is it truly how it seems.

Sure there are violent cops everywhere, and perhaps they are most emboldened in the US, but like in the video I posted above- it is unthinkable to me that you could get pulled over by police for a traffic stop and tell the officer to fuck off and that they have nothing to see here lmao
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 20, 2024 1:21 pm

McLewis wrote:

Every single member of law enforcement (cops, their bosses, prosecutors, mayors, etc.) that either actively participates in brutalizing communities, particularly underserved ones of color, or enables it, are indeed bastards.

from the video it seems to me the women was being unnecessarily difficult and uncooperative
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 20, 2024 1:33 pm

Vibe wrote:I don't want to sound insensitive but how difficult is it to stay calm and do what they tell you?

You should read this article and then explain to me how any of these people could've possibly survived their encounter with the cops by compliance.

None of the cops in these stories faced anything resembling justice for these murders though the cop that killed Airman Fortson potentially could ,but that investigation is ongoing.

In each of these situations, the so-called "good" cops have remained silent. We call this the "Blue Wall".

Want to know what happens to good cops who actually do speak up against brutalization and misconduct? Read this.

There was a scandal right here in the town where I live where local police chief had to resign because it was revealed that he had his officers using pictures of Black men as target practice at their gun ranges. That is what we're up against here. They have completely dehumanized us, which makes it far easier to justify killing us. And the justice system in this country is designed specifically to protect them from any consequences of doing that.

So the bottom line is this: compliance will not protect us from cops who are entering these tense situations already amped up on adrenaline. The reality is that if I ever find myself in this situation, I'm dead no matter what I do. When I first realized that, I was terrified. Now? I'm resigned to it. The best I can do is try to avoid the situations that could potentially lead to that situation. And I know that's probably not going to be enough.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon May 20, 2024 2:05 pm

I am sorry to hear that McLewis.

I may live in a shithole country but anything like that is so unrealistic to happen here that I find it difficult to even imagine.

America's gun culture is something I could never wrap my head around. I believe it is absolutely unacceptable to own anything more than a single pistol that would be illegal to take anywhere outside your own home.

Obviously our cops are armed but I've never even heard a story about a cop firing his gun anywhere around where I've lived for over 30 years.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 20, 2024 8:10 pm

Yeah it is definitely fucked up and compliance doesnt always guarantee deescalation.

I was just saying it is unthinkable for a person to behave this way during a traffic stop where I live, but the cop should be trained to deal with it aswell which I guess they did in that instance. But if a cop walks upon such a reaction and the person doesnt follow any instruction then I expect them to be on the edge too.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 20, 2024 10:02 pm

lmao McLewis turning into a Karen and y'all fall for his victim card pleas

get the fuck up and man up, or move out of the country or a better city or state if it's really that bad (it's not that bad)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 20, 2024 10:11 pm

El Gunner wrote:lmao McLewis turning into a Karen and y'all fall for his victim card pleas

get the fuck up and man up, or move out of the country or a better city or state if it's really that bad (it's not that bad)

I just read there was a survey recently and they asked how many unarmed black people got killed by police in 2021 and 28% said 1000 and another 10% said 10,000 or more. The answer was 11
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 20, 2024 11:13 pm

El Gunner wrote:
McLewis wrote:

from the video it seems to me the women was being unnecessarily difficult and uncooperative

I agree, however those 2 things are not illegal although states have been increasingly passing laws that essentially criminalize being uncooperative with law enforcement, which I consider to be bad laws.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 20, 2024 11:16 pm

Myesyats wrote:Yeah it is definitely fucked up and compliance doesnt always guarantee deescalation.

I was just saying it is unthinkable for a person to behave this way during a traffic stop where I live, but the cop should be trained to deal with it aswell which I guess they did in that instance. But if a cop walks upon such a reaction and the person doesnt follow any instruction then I expect them to be on the edge too.

At absolute most, I expect a cop to be annoyed if someone's not following their orders. Fear? Nah. Anger? Nah. De-escalation has to occur before either of those emotions pop up. And in order to de-escalate situations, cops must have empathy and must be able to see these folks as human. Situations escalate so quicky because cops are trained to dehumanize basically everyone not of their vocation. Fear, anger and dehumanization are a violent combination.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 20, 2024 11:23 pm

El Gunner wrote:lmao McLewis turning into a Karen and y'all fall for his victim card pleas

Well you're half-right. I'm definitely moving to a different city. It's a majority Black middle-class city, which is attractive to my wife and I.

As for the rest of your post. Ensuring that I have the best chance of continuing to come home to my wife and kids IS "manning up". You wouldn't understand such responsibility though clearly so you can miss me with that toxic masculinity, machismo fuckery.

Your mindset is a huge reason there's so much violence among Black males as it is and why the mass incarceration machine stays fed. They want us at each other's necks constantly. They need it because it's how they keep us in control. And you just keep playing right into it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 21, 2024 8:07 am

we clearly have different definitions of "manning up"... mine is to stop bitching on an internet forum and stop victimizing yourself with extreme leftist ideology, and take control of your own life however you can... not to be confrontational as you may have thought

hit me up in my PMs... send those big US bucks this side and let's buy property here in Namibia, we'll split 60/40 since it's your money, i put in all the work this side... you can eventually move back here to the motherland for an early retirement... i'm serious about it
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 21, 2024 9:15 am

McLewis wrote: states have been increasingly passing laws that essentially criminalize being uncooperative with law enforcement, which I consider to be bad laws.

Come on, those are bad laws?

If you act like that with police, they will approach you differently too. The cop in the video was literally very calm and nice, even though he got insulted and spat in face. The lady later asserts that "all white people are evil", so inherently they are programmed to not listen to law enforcement. That is anarchy if you come from a position that you dont have to listen any law enforcement at all, but then you cant act surprised when police treat you differently too.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 21, 2024 9:41 am

El Gunner wrote:we clearly have different definitions of "manning up"... mine is to stop bitching on an internet forum and stop victimizing yourself with extreme leftist ideology, and take control of your own life however you can... not to be confrontational as you may have thought

hit me up in my PMs... send those big US bucks this side and let's buy property here in Namibia, we'll split 60/40 since it's your money, i put in all the work this side... you can eventually move back here to the motherland for an early retirement... i'm serious about it

this offer goes for anyone on here btw... i'm sure you all live in countries with stronger currencies... so look into offshore investments... property is a booming industry in Namibia at the moment and the country is only growing with lots of foreign companies and nationals joining industries here... this is the perfect time to get in on it

you don't necessarily need to have plans of relocating here, but if you wanna multiply your passive income, let's talk... i have no reason to fuck any of you over, i know what integrity means, we are all friends here
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue May 21, 2024 8:23 pm

The cop that shot the black airman was from the same department that had a fucking shootout with an acorn. You can't make this shit up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKmnJgXyZpU
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 21, 2024 8:44 pm

I have talked to Americans here who have attempted to downplay the whole gun culture and normalcy of civilians carrying guns in the US, and yet the very same people dropped to the ground and held their hands above their heads when a balloon popped while a kid was walking out from what I assume was a birthday party at McDonald's.

Also, how paranoid do you have to be to not only confuse the sound of an acorn hitting a flat surface for a gunshot, but also convince yourself that it inflicted a gun wound on you? The guy's crawling around, believing he's been shot Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum