Firenze
Arquitecto
titosantill
El Gunner
sportsczy
30 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 20 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by jibers Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:58 pm

futbol_bill wrote:That’s what being speculated now. Vini has played more centrally this year and also to move towards centre (from left) once he has possession whereas Mbappe tends to stay on left. It won’t be a normal 9 and attack will no doubt be leaning to left especially if Davies does come plus Rodrygo also tends to drift to left.

I think longer range will be the development of Endick and/or Güler replacing Rodrygo.

Unfortunately I think some hard decisions are going to have to be made. I honestly find it difficult to see how Vini and Mbappe will perform optimally together, but Carlo has a history of blending players together that don't seem to fit.

Guler is the one to watch out for tbh. I can see him being a monster on the rw.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 20 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So vini wins the BdO and Is forced to play out of position as a result? hmm
Carlo is all about balance. Carlo shifted Vini to CF in CL because Rodrygo is a better defender. We'll probably start with Vini on the left and Mbappe CF but Vini has shown thathe can play through the middle. Mbappe likewise
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:15 pm

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2024/06/04/665f2e34268e3e5b0b8b45fb.html

Very harsh on PSG and makes it clear that they did not want to play:

"They made me understand, they told me to my face, they spoke to me with violence, they told me. Luis Enrique and Luis Campos saved me. Without them I would not have stepped on the playing field again. That is the truth, and that is why I always I have been so grateful to the coach and the sports director. I listen to the criticism. I think I am the best person to analyze my performances, so it is true that my level of demand is lower. The mere fact of playing was a great reason for me. pride. But it is certain that next year I will not settle for a year like this.

Unhappy at PSG?

"At PSG I wasn't unhappy, that would be spitting in the soup. There are things that made me unhappy, but there are things that can't be shown because I was a leader and you don't follow someone who is depressed. It would be a bit of a bastard to come to spit and say that I was unhappy at PSG, but there were things that made me unhappy and I wouldn't settle for a year like that. There is a lot of pressure, but there are more serious things in life. This is still football. for playing football. There are people who earn much less for working in factories. It is quite inappropriate for me, Kylian Mbappé, to complain to the world when horrible things happen in the world.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:39 pm

Terrific player, but I still believe he will bring more harm than good as his profile is very similar to Vini.

In order for him to play, someone will have to be sacrificed, whether it's from the attack or midfield - and him and Vini will be constantly running into each other.

Good luck to Carlo on this one, it will not be easy.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:49 am

I have to give Sports credit for being able to start a 20 page thread on the theory that Mbappe may not be joining Madrid, when everyone and their mother knew he was. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:55 am

These super teams never really pan out the way you expect them to? I guess if there's anyone you want to deal with this issue it's Ancelotti. I can see him playing a 4-4-2 with Vini and Mbappe rotating between LW and LCF.

There's question marks defensively though. Mbappe's defensive workrate is even worse than Messi's btw. I have a hard time seeing Ancelotti playing Vini as a LM against the City's of the world. You can have a front two of Vini and Mbappe those games with Bellingham defending as a LM. However, not sure if Mbappe will agree to play as a RCF.

This is the same guy who would post instagram stories complaining about playing as a lone striker. I'll never forget his contribution to ruining Galtier's 343 system and pressurizing him to play a 4-3-1-2 because he wanted to play on the left side.

Mbappe is the best in the world and he's coming with that kind of ego. Madrid is his dream move, and I guess he'll probably come with his head down a bit. He's in a weird situation because if Madrid don't win the treble and don't retain the CL he'll have to fight the "he made the team worse" allegations. He's come to Madrid to win the CL and Ballon d'or, while two of their players (Bellingham and Vinicius) are already getting Ballon d'or shouts. Add in the politics of set piece taking, and some drama can brew in the future. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:16 pm

The Hazard fiasco is not really comparable, and Madrid are already on a high level, but it is true that such a combination of stars not always ensures moving up to an even higher level. Hazard was supposed to be *that guy* and he did not even play one clasico I don't think. Naturally, Mbappe is more committed and a better professional, but still, nothing is so straightforward and certain in football

Similarly, the combination of Neymar-Mbappe-Messi did not yield the expected results for PSG
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:39 pm

Casciavit wrote:I have to give Sports credit for being able to start a 20 page thread on the theory that Mbappe may not be joining Madrid, when everyone and their mother knew he was. Laughing

Laughing I really wanted him to try something new as opposed to the path that everyone takes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:08 pm

Casciavit wrote:These super teams never really pan out the way you expect them to? I guess if there's anyone you want to deal with this issue it's Ancelotti. I can see him playing a 4-4-2 with Vini and Mbappe rotating between LW and LCF.

That's a good point. Ancelotti has developed a reputation for being a "vibes over tactics" coach in recent years, but historically he has demonstrated an uncanny ability to solve tactical headaches and get the most out of a seemingly unbalanced squad.

At Milan, he had a bunch of midfielders and practically no width, so he just stacked them on top of each other to create a new formation and won the Champions League Laughing

At Chelsea, the team suffered from both a lack of consistent wingers and proper (and young) central midfielders that could dictate the tempo. He solved both by opting for a diamond setup and got peak performances out of players like Lampard and Drogba. He even turned an outcast winger like Malouda into a productive midfielder on both ends of the pitch.

People forget this now, but Ancelotti got Madrid playing some of the best football they've ever played at the start of 2014-2015. He somehow made the lightweight midfield quartet of Isco-Modric-Kroos-James work, and the team looked unstoppable until Luka's injury derailed the whole season. That six-month stretch was also the peak of James at club level, and he has never rediscovered that form since.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I have to give Sports credit for being able to start a 20 page thread on the theory that Mbappe may not be joining Madrid, when everyone and their mother knew he was. Laughing

Laughing I really wanted him to try something new as opposed to the path that everyone takes.

You have been feeding us with false information for many many years just so you know. I always wondered whenever you work for that french sports newspaper that you have been shilling here just so to get a few clicks
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:40 pm

Casciavit wrote:Mbappe is the best in the world and he's coming with that kind of ego. Madrid is his dream move, and I guess he'll probably come with his head down a bit. He's in a weird situation because if Madrid don't win the treble and don't retain the CL he'll have to fight the "he made the team worse" allegations. He's come to Madrid to win the CL and Ballon d'or, while two of their players (Bellingham and Vinicius) are already getting Ballon d'or shouts. Add in the politics of set piece taking, and some drama can brew in the future. Laughing

Mbappe joining Madrid is akin to KD joining Golden State in the NBA even if he wins the CL people will know this Madrid team without him wom 2 of the last 3 without him, which will hang over him.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:38 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Mbappe is the best in the world and he's coming with that kind of ego. Madrid is his dream move, and I guess he'll probably come with his head down a bit. He's in a weird situation because if Madrid don't win the treble and don't retain the CL he'll have to fight the "he made the team worse" allegations. He's come to Madrid to win the CL and Ballon d'or, while two of their players (Bellingham and Vinicius) are already getting Ballon d'or shouts. Add in the politics of set piece taking, and some drama can brew in the future. Laughing

Mbappe joining Madrid is akin to KD joining Golden State in the NBA even if he wins the CL people will know this Madrid team without him wom 2 of the last 3 without him, which will hang over him.

You're probably not wrong that some people will see things that way, but I'd personally be happy as long as we play cohesive, entertaining football with him in the team, as opposed to looking disjointed and someone potentially being forced out of the lineup.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:52 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:

He's already won a world cup, finalist of another... and going for a Euro now. A CL final and semi to boot. Durant had won nothing and had never even reached the NBA finals. Also, Durant was 32 and Mbappe is 25.

So hardly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:19 am

Casciavit wrote:These super teams never really pan out the way you expect them to? I guess if there's anyone you want to deal with this issue it's Ancelotti. I can see him playing a 4-4-2 with Vini and Mbappe rotating between LW and LCF.

There's question marks defensively though. Mbappe's defensive workrate is even worse than Messi's btw. I have a hard time seeing Ancelotti playing Vini as a LM against the City's of the world. You can have a front two of Vini and Mbappe those games with Bellingham defending as a LM. However, not sure if Mbappe will agree to play as a RCF.

This is the same guy who would post instagram stories complaining about playing as a lone striker. I'll never forget his contribution to ruining Galtier's 343 system and pressurizing him to play a 4-3-1-2 because he wanted to play on the left side.

Mbappe is the best in the world and he's coming with that kind of ego. Madrid is his dream move, and I guess he'll probably come with his head down a bit. He's in a weird situation because if Madrid don't win the treble and don't retain the CL he'll have to fight the "he made the team worse" allegations. He's come to Madrid to win the CL and Ballon d'or, while two of their players (Bellingham and Vinicius) are already getting Ballon d'or shouts. Add in the politics of set piece taking, and some drama can brew in the future. Laughing

Is he the best in the world? What makes him the best exactly? Playing in stacked French team where he was never even their best player in any major tourney that they did well in and then completely flopping in big games all the time in the cl. What makes him the Best?

Had a forgettable world cup till the final 15 minutes of the World Cup final. Griezmann was France's best player. In 2018, he wasn't France's best player either.

At finishing I will give him that he is elite, but bar that what makes him the outright best? He can't play CF, he is not associative, we saw what happened at PSG when he tries to be like Neymar and he was a bonafide failure at it.

Without space in front of him, he is nullified as we saw when Barca dominated PSG and against Dortmund.

Hope he goes to Madrid with his head down. I think losing Kroos is a bigger deal for Madrid than getting Mbappe. There is simply no direct replacement for Kroos and tempo setters are rare in football.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:35 am

Jibers Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:02 pm

Mbappe had a forgettable world cup until 15 mins left in the world cup final. WAT!? lol

You people are out of your minds. Completely. Couldn't tell the difference between your ass and your face if your face didn't have a nose on it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:45 pm

jibers wrote:

Is he the best in the world? What makes him the best exactly? Playing in stacked French team where he was never even their best player in any major tourney that they did well in and then completely flopping in big games all the time in the cl. What makes him the Best?

Had a forgettable world cup till the final 15 minutes of the World Cup final. Griezmann was France's best player. In 2018, he wasn't France's best player either.

It wasn't forgettable, you just chose to forget it for some reason Laughing He was easily the best player in the first two matches, got MOTM in both, and his brace is what won the match against Denmark. He also destroyed Poland pretty much on his own in the round of 16 and got another MOTM after scoring yet another brace. And you can't just skim past a world cup final hat trick. He single handedly dragged an outplayed France to penalty shootout. He started 6 games and was incontestably the best in 4 of them.

What even is the argument for Grizemann? The match against Morocco was the only one where he was clearly France's best player.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:23 am

I mean, two men could watch the same match and come up with two different takes so Jibers POV is fine if one sees it in that way.

However, Mbappe had a great WC and I simply cannot downplay a WC final hattrick. It took over 40 fking years for us to see another one and I am gonna presume none of us saw the initial one in 1966.

As a frequent viewer of PSG and Ligue 1, Mbappe would be fine as he can play the CF role well. Notice I said well, he isn't great, he just does it well. Is he Haaland or Kane, not at all, but I reckon he'll do well in that position for Madrid.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:39 am

Opinions can differ but there are still objective facts that should be acknowledged. Mbappé came into that final as the tournament's top scorer and with 3 MOTM under his belt Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:33 am

sportsczy wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

He's already won a world cup, finalist of another... and going for a Euro now.  A CL final and semi to boot.  Durant had won nothing and had never even reached the NBA finals.  Also, Durant was 32 and Mbappe is 25.

So hardly.

KD won FIBA WC (NBA World Cup), plus 2 Olympic Gold medals, he also did reach NBA finals in 2012 VS Maimi which had Lebron, Wade and Bosh while also winning NBA MVP (NBA Ballon D'or), before joining GSW in 2016 and he was 28 years old. So its fake news he hasn't won anything lol

Nevertheless my point is KD was one of the best ballers of this generation and some who will rank among the all time best, but he'll never be in the category of GOATs. He played a important role in GSW winning the rings with him and I can say if he played the final in 2019, we'd have lost to them and GSW would've three-peated. Despite this his rings aren't held up as a high regards even though he won the finals MVP 2 times with them due to the fact he joined a winning team. No different to Mbappe, as painfully it is to say if you want to win the CL join Madrid and that's exactly what Mbappe is doing.

Mbappe won't be winning the CL for Madrid, it'll be Madrid winning the CL for Mbappe.

Mbappe has a big hill to climb and joining this Madrid team may not help him as much as being regarded among the GOATs. Unless he goes on a tear, which isn't a given.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:23 am

Mbappe has never been in any of my teams let alone from my country but playing him down as NOT the best player in the world is absurd for it's not even close.

Kid is an absolute baller.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:30 am

Arquitecto wrote:Mbappe has never been in any of my teams let alone from my country but playing him down as NOT the best player in the world is absurd for it's not even close.

Kid is an absolute baller.
Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 20 H2Lunxf
Not even the best player in Europe.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:31 pm

In todays world we still have these types of dumb or just stubborn or just ignorant fans who dont watch but think they are right... reminds me again back in 2009 I think b4 the Barca lesson on Man U, quite many thought Messi was overrated cos he never scored vs Eng opponent Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20