Firenze
Arquitecto
titosantill
El Gunner
sportsczy
30 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 11 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by futbol_bill Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:41 pm

As to RMad’s formation, the 4-4-2 is only for this year. Next year with Haaland at CF we will be fine

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 11 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by The Madrid One Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:47 pm

We don't play in a "diamond" though with a stereotypically set "DM" and "10", that's not really our scheme. For months, since September at least we've been playing in a general 424 which in some games looks like 4231, 433, (like yesterday) or what have you depending on different moments and player movements. If anything we've been characterized more by having a double pivot this season with Bellingham and Valverde covering and moving and interchanging any which way on the sides.

What I'm not liking is the sense of not having a sense of conventional proportionality with the attackers and width on both sides with a set target upfront and what that implies for the midfielders and fullbacks and how we attack and defend. It's not as well-rounded of a thing as it could be what we have.

I would think in a fluid front two partnership between Vinicius and Mbappe that it would be Mbappe who would be more adept at being serviced. Even if we get Mbappe I feel we would benefit from having a very good striker who could swallow being a super sub (ala 11/12-12/13 Higuain) who we could use if we had to be more flexible in a CL/big game tie, and it's a shame Vinicius hasn't shown any dispositions as a set right sided forward. In the league Mbappe-Vinicius would be enough.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:51 pm

As to the ramblings of instability of 4-4-2, I disagree. Most clubs with 4-3-3 have the wingers playing little defense, which means the defense is basically the midfielders and defense, portero 7 + portero. However with the range covered by Bellingham, our 4- 4 -2, we have an extra man on defense plus if you bothered to watch our games, you will see that Vini and Rodrygo play as much defense as the wingers on the 4-3-3 teams.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:16 pm

About time Mbappe kickstarts his European football career.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:23 pm

I'll believe it when i see him in the Madrid shirt
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:49 pm

Fuk me... congrats to Real for next decades' Li Liga titles, n many more CLs in that time too...

Vini Mbappe
Bellingham
Kroos/Cama Tucha Fede/Rodrygo

D n GK wont even be that important anymore cos Real will score goals for fun Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:15 pm

Pedram wrote:I'll believe it when i see him in the Madrid shirt

Laughing

The first sentence in this article is "to say it's done would be false"

That said every indicator seems positive, even PSG have given up and now acting with the level of class expected from them: reportedly considering to kick Ethan Mbappé out of the club
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:40 pm

futbol_bill wrote:As to the ramblings of instability of 4-4-2, I disagree. Most clubs with 4-3-3 have the wingers playing little defense, which means the defense is basically the midfielders and defense, portero 7 + portero. However with the range covered by Bellingham, our 4- 4 -2, we have an extra man on defense plus if you bothered to watch our games, you will see that Vini and Rodrygo play as much defense as the wingers on the 4-3-3 teams.

Won't work because you'll burn Bellingham out. Also, he can't recover against truly world-class players. And Vini does not play defense (in the sense that he's like a traffic cone even when he does get back). Rodrygo does.

442 has been retired mostly for a reason. it was eaten alive by a 4231 (which destroys a 442). Mourinho was beating everyone when the 442 was prevalent for a reason. Once teams went to a 433, he lost his tactical advantage. However, a counter-attacking 442 can beat a 433... but i don't think Real Madrdi want to be a counter-attacking team.

It's also near impossible to press out of a 442 effectively.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:41 pm

Warrior wrote:

Laughing

The first sentence in this article is "to say it's done would be false"

That said every indicator seems positive, even PSG have given up and now acting with the level of class expected from them: reportedly considering to kick Ethan Mbappé out of the club

https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/ligue-1/kylian-mbappe-a-choisi-le-real-madrid-03-02-2024-RC7I5T4SXRFCFPNJCPH3KXF64I.php?at_creation=Twitter&at_campaign=Partage%20Twitter%20CM&at_medium=Social%20media

Yeah... it's not completely final but very close.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:41 pm

So you can stop being a bitter little bitchy butthurt Real Madrid fan?

Granted, you're not alone. 99.9% of Real Madrid fans have acted like butthurt whiny and bitchy fans during all this...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:02 pm

Sport, r u a fan of Mbappe? Since if he joins Real will u support them again or not? Razz For me it will be painful... Im Barca and a Mbappe fan, fking the dilemma XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Granted, you're not alone.  99.9% of Real Madrid fans have acted like butthurt whiny and bitchy fans during all this...

With or without Mbappe we move forward, our future does not depend on your turtle countryman. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:33 pm

loving the frustration and suffering from Madrid fans even though most likely Mbappe will join Madrid, lol!
I simply dont think any other club can afford him and if he doesnt want compromise on his wages at all, he might end up staying at PSG.
I still 0.000001% hope - if Xabi takes over and FSG award Mbappe a hefty sign on bonus fee + some crazy brand sponsorship, who knows... who knows!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:05 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Sport, r u a fan of Mbappe? Since if he joins Real will u support them again or not? Razz For me it will be painful... Im Barca and a Mbappe fan, fking the dilemma XD

Hope he scores 200 goals every season and they lose every game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:14 pm

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/39451576/kylian-mbappe-join-real-madrid-psg-summer

Confirmed by Julien Laurens.   Mbappe set to join Real Madrid.

Little extra tidbit... wages are expected to be around 35 million euros net per season, which is half what he makes at PSG (lol). However, he will own far more of his media rights than typical at Real Madrid. Signing bonus is the only thing that's yet to be reported. Expectation is around 140-160 million euros.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:29 pm

Good to hear we didn't give in to his insane wage demands.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:30 pm

Pedram wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Granted, you're not alone.  99.9% of Real Madrid fans have acted like butthurt whiny and bitchy fans during all this...

With or without Mbappe we move forward, our future does not depend on your turtle countryman. :coffee:

That was never a question which is why I was stunned by the reaction and very very disappointed. I was used to Real Madrid fans and front office to take decisions and events with mostly class. Man was I wrong... the worse reaction I have ever seen.

It is true that it was the first time that Real Madrid got sodomized like this in a long time. So the first true test... and complete failure lol.

This entire "Real Madrid only acts with class" stick is finished. Gone. Not as bad as Barca granted... but not far.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:34 pm

You sound like a Barca fan, by that i mean you cry a lot.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:35 pm

Pedram wrote:Good to hear we didn't give in to his insane wage demands.

Not in guaranteed wages... but image rights are extremely valuable. For example, CR7 made about 2x his wages in image rights revenue.

The signing bonus is the big equalizer. 150 million let's call it. If you amortize that over 5 years (contract length) and it's another 30 million per season. That usually goes to the club you transfer from. So in essence, he's making roughly 65 million a year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:35 pm

Pedram wrote:You sound like a Barca fan, by that i mean you cry a lot.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Oh the hypocrisy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:36 pm

In the end it turned out we made Mbappe and his clan our bitch, you lost get over it lmao.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:54 pm

Fred Hermel came on RMC... said that Madrid "feel very confident" of Mbappe signing.  But before they say anything, they're waiting for Mbappe to tell PSG and to make the public announcement.

Big thing is that Hermel said that Mbappe will play inside forward from the left side.  Carlo is not expected to change formations... 442.  So one of Vini or Rodrygo will be sacrificed and will play inside forward from the right.  To note that it doesn't really mean much in a 442.  They will roam all over the pitch and change sides depending on the flow anyhow.  It's more rigid with 3 strikers.  With Bellingham pushing forward, it will be fine.

RM feel that it's more important to keep all their young midfielders happy (Jude, Tchou, Cama and Valverde) while building the entire scheme around Mbappe on the attack and Jude in the midfield.  Other big news is that RM is looking for an anchor in central defense...  with Ibrahima Konate as the target this summer.

I also don't feel that Carlo is that rigid anymore.  If a 433 is better, so it will be.  But the current squad works with a 442. Mbappe and Vini are also not that rigid... they will get a feel for each other and, IMO, will find out the best dynamic between the two of them. They're both very mobile. Rodrygo is that big question mark IMO. 3 strikers is more rigid as I explained and you'd sacrifice a midfielder. You can't have everything of course. You bring in Mbappe and someone will need to leave the starting lineup and the attacking dynamic of course changes.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:17 am

Lol, take a look back in this thread. Amazing how this guy repeatedly changes his views. Next thing we will see him using possessive pronouns again!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:20 am

futbol_bill wrote:Lol, take a look back in this thread. Amazing how this guy repeatedly changes his views. Next thing we will see him using possessive pronouns again!

I will never ever be a fan of a club with such *bleep* fans as Real Madrid. Never. I want him to do very well... and Real Madrid fail. Getting some humility will do you idiots some good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:31 am

Lol, can there really be a scenario where in a few days/weeks everything is all but official? Would PSG and Mbappe prefer that?

This has been such a "perfect" soap opera because of the peculiar aspects of the tale. I personally never really took offense with Mbappe's decisions, this is the real world and he's decided to look at things like a shrewd businessman I suppose, but I can certainly understand a bit of entitlement and frustration from some Madrid fans because of all the banter, hype, expectations, sporting and historical contexts between the clubs, etc.

It does feel like this is 1 or 2 years overdue. Not winning the CL retroactively helps frame his stay at PSG as increasingly soulless and vapid.

If he does join Madrid it will be fascinating to see how he wins the hearts of the fans. Bar winning the CL this season with PSG (and even then) it will feel like he has things to prove and he should have a motivational chip on the shoulder.

Would having Bellingham and Mbappe feel more galactico than Kaka, Benzema, and CR7 joining in the same transfer window? I started watching in 2010 and even by then Kaka already felt like past his sell date image wise.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:12 am

As long as mbappe doesn't ruin the vibes of the team, I'm all in.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next