BarrileteCosmico
Myesyats
Casciavit
halamadrid2
Bankz
26 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pressi Mbappe: The monster QSG made  - Page 5 Empty Re: Pressi Mbappe: The monster QSG made

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:53 pm

Why do you guys purposely ignore the reason some of us lost respect for him? We don't hate him because he turned Madrid down. Are you kidding me?! It's the way he treated Madrid in the process that got us really upset.

Totti turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset? Buffon turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset? Neymar turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset? Gerrard turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset? De Rossi turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset?

Mbappe is not the first player to reject Madrid, nor will he be the last. But when you treat clubs the way he treated Madrid in this whole fiasco, it's normal that you lose the respect of many people.

And like I said, most of us don't want to have anything to do with him. We wish him all the best in his career, but we genuinely don't want him to wear our shirt ever and we certainly do not want the club to go after him ever again. It's not really too much to ask, is it?

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pressi Mbappe: The monster QSG made  - Page 5 Empty Re: Pressi Mbappe: The monster QSG made

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:08 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Why do you guys purposely ignore the reason some of us lost respect for him? We don't hate him because he turned Madrid down. Are you kidding me?! It's the way he treated Madrid in the process that got us really upset.

Totti turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset? Buffon turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset? Neymar turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset? Gerrard turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset? De Rossi turned Madrid down, did you see us get upset?

Mbappe is not the first player to reject Madrid, nor will he be the last. But when you treat clubs the way he treated Madrid in this whole fiasco, it's normal that you lose the respect of many people.

And like I said, most of us don't want to have anything to do with him. We wish him all the best in his career, but we genuinely don't want him to wear our shirt ever and we certainly do not want the club to go after him ever again. It's not really too much to ask, is it?
This!!!

I couldn't give a shit that he turned us down. He is hardly the only one who's turned us down. Perez was in court recently and said we put a bid in for Neymar but he always wanted Barca. The list is long of players that have turned us down. That's part and parcel of football.

It's his overall smugness of leading Perez and our club on a ride while scheming behind our backs. The guy was trying to sign Tcho to QSG all while giving Perez his word that he'd sign.

Our club is fine. We are in a great moment. Can't stop winning and have a great dressing room atmosphere. Rodrygo is learning to play as a false 9, if he succeeds this will go down the same as DDG i.e. blessing i disguise.

I would agrue that Mbapay is the one who's come off worse. His mask is now off and he is universally known as a petulant child and just got booed in his home town so even the QSG fans are tiring of him.

I would quite literally be indifferent to him signing for Barca if they could find more of their club to pawn off. In fact it'd be a match made in heaven.

Liverpool have no chance of signing him considering they operate like a sane club and him being on insane wages. He'll be stuck there like Neymar before him.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:38 am

He's a good player, but it feels like chasing his signature again would make us his sloppy seconds and that just doesn't sit well with me. You reap what you sow. I don't like to buy into the media's commonly hyperbolic suggestions that a high-profile player is "extremely" arrogant and self-centered, but I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of what he's been showing of his personality in recent time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:09 am

Henry, Viera, shit, Wenger rejected Madrid and they seem to be fine with most Madrid fans and Henry contributed massively to the 6-2 when he was at Barca.

Us Madrid fans are totting, that's no lie at all with Mbappe but, as DoC said, more of a disrespect than actually rejecting the club. However, and I said however in my lovely accent, Madrid fans shouldn't be surprised or upset if and when Madrid chase Mbappe again.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:03 pm

I doubt Mbappe will be ever available again for Madrid

He is a parisian born and bred who genuinely loves the club of his childhood. He will accept whatever role asked by the coach because winning titles with PSG is all that matters to him and as a true captain there is no doubt that he'll leave blood, sweat and tears on the pitch.

I was in coma these last 3 months btw, just woke up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:56 pm

Suarez was biting people left, right and center (literally) and somehow gained everyone's respect once again.  Not sure why everyone hates on Mbappe so much...  because he doesn't give a shit what other people think?

Remember Kobe Bryant was absolutely hated outside of Laker fans too.  But in that case, there was an alleged rape.  Here, I don't even know what's up lol.

Mostly Madrid fans being salty. The way Madrid took Carlo away from PSG was far worse. Payback is a bitch.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:Suarez was biting people left, right and center (literally) and somehow gained everyone's respect once again.  Not sure why everyone hates on Mbappe so much...  because he doesn't give a shit what other people think?

Remember Kobe Bryant was absolutely hated outside of Laker fans too.  But in that case, there was an alleged rape.  Here, I don't even know what's up lol.

Mostly Madrid fans being salty.  The way Madrid took Carlo away from PSG was far worse.  Payback is a bitch.

It's not impossible that we swallow our pride and sign him anyway, but you've talked a lot about his professionalism, and I don't think his bait and switch tactic was very professional. Call it saltiness, if you want. I don't know if his reported complaints about having to play as a striker are legit, but I do think that he disrespected a prideful institution in Real Madrid, and you can list all kinds of reasons as to why the club have embarrassed themselves or gone back on their word in the past, but I would like to think that the club doesn't just ignore the fact that he played them for a fool and left them with little time to consider other options.

If we hadn't performed as well as we did, with Benzema showing no signs of decline in the past season, we could've been left in a pretty dire situation in the short term. Maybe Mbappe has the potential to become a club legend, but I would be lying if I said that what he did was a trivial matter. He should face the consequences of his own actions. If he doesn't care, cool. As for Ancelotti, I don't know why he would think it's his responsibility to pay us back for that lol. Obviously, that isn't the most respectable thing to do either, but Carlo had a choice and I assume all parties involved were informed of the decision that he made.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:Suarez was biting people left, right and center (literally) and somehow gained everyone's respect once again.  Not sure why everyone hates on Mbappe so much...  because he doesn't give a shit what other people think?

Mostly Madrid fans being salty. The way Madrid took Carlo away from PSG was far worse. Payback is a bitch.

Thoughts on Mbappe leaking to the press that he wants to leave so he can pressure Galtier to change formations?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:24 am

Bait and switch?  He didn't bait or switch anyone.  From the moment the deal didn't happen in the summer of 2021, Mbappe said that everything was on the table publicly in fact.  He gave Real Madrid no guarantees. The only quote i heard him say was "as of right now, Real Madrid is my favored destination." In no way was that a guarantee. I'm sorry that everyone in Madrid has reading comprehension issues.

He has been 1000% professional in training and on the pitch.  That's his job at the end of the day.

If Real Madrid's executives and fans are butthurt because they felt that "nobody says no to Real Madrid" and in fact Mbappe did... that's on the arrogance of the club.  Mbappe did not break any rules or laws.  He simply made a decision that Real Madrid did not like at the end.

The hypocrisy is amazing btw.  Real Madrid has been doing this to clubs for DECADES.  Bale went on strike to force a move to Real Madrid.  Same with Modric.  Carlo Ancellotti was approached before the end of PSG's season the year he left.  etc.  That's unprofessional.  Not what Mbappe did.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:34 am

Casciavit wrote:

Mostly Madrid fans being salty.  The way Madrid took Carlo away from PSG was far worse.  Payback is a bitch.

Thoughts on Mbappe leaking to the press that he wants to leave so he can pressure Galtier to change formations?

Actually, I think it's media trying to create controversy with bs imo.  Word is that all this is coming from Spain and from former friends whom he's removed from his entourage (and they're bitter). He came out 3 days ago and denied it here:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Kylian-mbappe-je-n-ai-jamais-demande-mon-depart-en-janvier/1359756

Quote: "I am very happy.  I never said that I wanted to leave in January.  The information that came out right before the game, i didn't understand it.  I'm uninvolved directly or indirectly with this story."

"I was just as shocked by the story as everyone else.  People may think that I was involved in creating it and I wasn't at all.  I was actually napping and my entourage was at my little brother's game (when this all came out).  We were caught with our pants down when we heard about it.  But of course, we just had to ignore it as I had to play a match.  I just want to say that all this completely false and I'm very happy here."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:38 am

That said, does he want to be a central striker? No. He's making that clear. But he's still playing every game 100% and training hard. He just isn't shy about expressing his feelings.

Does he always get along with Neymar? No. He made that clear. But he also clarified that he's always respected Neymar. Again, not shy about stating opinions.

Is he anti-establishment? Absolutely. He wants to take the power away from clubs and put them in players' hands. He's good friends with Lebron James and Rich Paul (did a commercial together 2 years ago). Those guys engineered the transfer of power from clubs to players in the NBA. I would not be shocked if they're giving him a blueprint.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:20 am

Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:51 am

Gotta say that was a thunderous response by Sports, to all the Mbappe smear campaign on GL.

Anyone got anything to say? :coffee:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:05 am

Mbappe... the Kanye and Trump of the footballing world Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:57 pm

lol come on @sportsczy, i know you like your frenh players and all but this "He wants to take the power away from clubs and put them in players' hands". This is bullocks. That narrative was conived by lebron james fans in the media who wanted an excuse for his decisions (no punt intended) to stack the deck in his favor as far as nba competition is concerned.

lebron, kd, harden, and a host of other top athletes; their decision is to best serve them. absolutely nothing wrong with that. but dont paint it like they have this robin hood type scheme to snatch power from "rich greedy club owners". aside from players running from competition, nothing has changed. its not like the 6th man coming off the bench on some random team reaped rewards from lebron/kd's moves

same goes for mbappe, what power is he giving to his teammates? lol. it seems more like he wants to concentrate power in his hands. you make it sound like he has given guys on the bench some sort of voice. no, those guys arent mbappe or messi or any of the star players. it will be business as usual for them.

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:12 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Gotta say that was a thunderous response by Sports, to all the Mbappe smear campaign on GL.

Anyone got anything to say? :coffee:

Just typical bs from him. No one would expect anything else. He is notorious for this and when you debunk his stories, he changes subject or deflects (a lot like Trump). No need to respond!

I rather hear him try to respond to Mbappe being  3rd best player at PSG or losing the mvp battle to Haaland by a large margin or that Vinicius is coming close to his level in the position he supposedly wanted.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:13 pm

regarding madrid, mbappe didnt do anything wrong. i dont get the narrative the media paints regarding that. he had two offers, he preferred one to the other and made his decision. even if he took a selfie in front of cibeles with a benzema jersey on draped in madrid flags, he has every right to say, nah i prefer this other deal and i dont wanna sign for them.

besides, all he did was negotiation tactics. difference with all those people demon mentioned who turned down madrid was they weren't really interested in joining madrid so it was an easy decision. i think mbappe was really interested and it turned out being a tough decision hence the vibes he was giving

i dont like the whole "mbappe screwed madrid" narrative, maybe because i wasn't expecting the deal to work anyway. but if he didnt sign anything, he made an ethical legitimate decision.

Now here's where i cannot support him. if we could get you for free 5 months ago, and now you want out, not interested. why wud we pay upwards of 200 million when we had the chance for free? also, regardless of the relationship with madrid, he has been giving off negative locker room vibes of late, especially since the last euros. you made your choice, keep the drama to a minimum and see your contract through. no way anyone tries to spin this, mbappe's been looking very drama queenish of late
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:54 pm

Ya no problem with mbappe on my end. He did use us for negotiation tactics but that's what any player does. Clubs do it all the time to players as well. My issue would be that there's too much smoke going on about his negative attitude that there's something definitely there... plus he's French so it's probably somewhat true tbh. I honestly don't think Madrid really need him if he dosnet prefer playing CF, so it would be a bad fit seeing how vini has come along lately

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:16 pm

i just had to add this. anytime i see people attribute a player signing a deal or making a move to benefit said player, as a sort of  chess move to put powers in the hands of players, look up oscar robertson. nba all star game (sometime in the 60s), inspired by him, his teammates were not going to play until the nba commisioner and owners agreed to some set terms about free agency and the players union. and he got scrutinized for it. every player in the nba has that man to thank for the money and opportunities they get in free agency.

but you won't here that on your favorite sports podcast or sports show while driving to work. they'll talk about how players joining other stars to make their road to winning titles easier, is some sort of breakthrough. every player benefited from oscar's agenda not just the superstars but even the 8th man on the bench.....just a little rant aside from football
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:56 pm

Before Lebron (and him recruiting other players to his cause), a player under contract could NEVER force a move.  Just didn't happen.  Now Durant, Harden, Westbrook, etc. all forced moves.

The Lakers are giving away money left and right to Clutch players for one reason only... part of the deal to keep Lebron.

Also, the first superteam move created by players, not a team, was the Miami Heat.  Since then, superstar players are teaming up to pick a team to land in.  They dictate terms to clubs.  You should check out the terms of Kawhi Leonard's move... it was insane.  

It's not a narrative.  It's a straight reality.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:12 pm

Actually it isn't. Cos first of all lebron never forced a move, so u cant even say he inspired it just based on that alone.He was a free agent when he left cavs ,Miami and cavs again. He didn't do what harden did or what kd tried to do. Wilt and kareem forced their trades away from their respective teams.

Wrong again Miami wasn't the first super team created by players. See garnett ray Allen and Paul pierce. And before that Hakeem barkley and pippin. Not to mention kd's request being turned down was a plus for the league and players. Cos of the next CBA.

Fact is everyone who moves in free agency, including lebron, who has moved in free agency three times, owes that to Oscar robertson. Everyone, not just the stars but the sixth man and 8th man off the bench. His fight did not benefit the top players in the game only
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:36 pm

Well let me rephrase a bit.  Lebron only went to Miami if Chris Bosh joined and Miami guaranteed certain moves.  Same when he returned to the Cavs (trading the #1 pick for Kevin Love as an example).

With his move to the Lakers, 100% based on externalities.  KCP was paid $18 million (Klutch Sports) in 2017/18.  It was widely reported as "favor" to Klutch.  He keeps signing 1-2 year deals so he can force decisions in his favor (like signing Westbrook over Buddy Hield).

Those Houston teams were not a forced move in their prime.  They were all old players and their respective teams were actually looking for a trade.  Chicago wanted to rebuild and traded Pippen for draft picks... no forced move. Same with Barkley and Phoenix... older player, wanted to rebuild.

KAJ had to spend his first 6 season with the Bucks.  He did force it.. but not where he wanted to initially.  He wanted to go to the Knicks.  In fact, he asked the Lakers to trade him to the Knicks again in 1981 but they refused.  Then Magic joined etc.

Sorry man, i completely disagree with your interpretation of events.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:49 pm

Whatever the case the fact is, the moves were primarily to help him. The objective wasn't to "give players a voice", neither was that mbappe's intentions either. Lebron isn't saying I'm gonna move here so that some random player cam make money. Oscar's move helped other players more than it did oscar. I have a lot to say on that nba take you made but I don't want it to hijack this thread.

Main gist of the matter is mbappe's deal isn't some power play to give his teammates some sort of voice (and it shouldn't be expected, it's not his job) but to slide that in there is not on. Even the messi fan on here didn't say some stuff like "messi left so that barca could pay their players more". I never saw mbappe's list of demands but I can bet it didn't have benefits for teammates.....neither does lebrons.

U can say u want a club to sign player x it's up to the club and that players agent to crunch numbers. And even then it doesn't make u some sort of voice for the voiceless nor an anti-establishment person.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:52 am

As much as I love the basketball spin on this topic, I am 101% positive Sports had a big grin when writing this line:

"Is he anti-establishment? Absolutely. He wants to take the power away from clubs and put them in players' hands"

Mbappe, as with the likes of Lebron, KD, Harden or any sports star, does anything only for the benefit of themselves. Anti-establishment doesn't have you play for PSG ran by an absolute fucking monarchy.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:56 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Helmer wrote:Loving the salty tears from Madrid fans Laughing
I hope Mbappe stays wherever he stays, he could come to Liverpool if he wants to be second highest paid player at the club after Salah lol

Didn’t I just read today that some financial guy at Liverpool explaining that no way could club afford to pay Mbappe’s weekly salary?

We will never ever be able to Pay Mbappe the kind of Salary he deserves or he would easily get at any other clubs.
Paying Salah a higher salary has been already hurting the club. The strategy included in letting Mane go and trying to save some money in terms of midfielders, it was just simply not possible to have two superstars at the club. Doesnt matter how many goals Salah will score, both him and Mane were equally important for Liverpool in past successful years under Klopp.
It was just a pipe dream for me to either have Mbappe or Haaland on the team.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:49 pm

I still dont fully understand how it is Liverpool let Mane like that... n why wouldnt a top club like Liverpool be able to have 2 super stars in the team? Thats pretty much part n parcel of being a top team/club I thought Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next