Lucifer
Ben
danyjr
El Gunner
Firenze
46 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

2022/2023 Premier League Discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: 2022/2023 Premier League Discussion

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:25 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Like with a lot of modern fullbacks, I don't think Cancelo's ever been particularly good defensively, and he seems prone to making mistakes when he's not simply expressing his offensive creativity. He occasionally more than makes up for that by being really good offensively.

And that's all well and good when City are cruising past the opponent team by controlling the game and keeping the ball out of their own half. They aren't reliant on his defensive contributions then. But he looks really bad when they don't control games and he's not allowed to push further up the pitch, which has been quite a common scenario in recent months.

I'm not familiar with how he performed at Juventus, but I do recall reading that some Juve supporters on here were not very happy with what he was offering for them. I get the impression that, like Jadon Sancho, he just needs creative freedom and no defensive obligations in order to show the positive sides to his game. And that may sound simple enough, but teams can't always afford to allow a single player that amount of luxury. It may work for Pep's teams when they are dominating possession, but not with the degree of complacency that seems to be present in the team these days.

Cancelo is shit defensively. I actually think he's worse than Trent in that regard. City fans will bring up his duel success by showing his high tackling percentage or aerial duel win percentage, but then disregard Cancelo gets embarrassed 1v1, has a brainfart every few games, and is woeful at playing the offside trap.

That being said though, he's one of the few fullbacks who can win games all on his own. He's a better creator than most attacking midfielders. Laughing

So he's obviously useful because of that, but I'm not sure if Pep ever truly liked him as a player. Cancelo's risk assessment when it comes to playing FB is genuinely awful. He loses the ball too much in areas he shouldn't be losing them in. Pep benched him in the big CL games, Santos benched him in the WC knockouts, and he wasn't trusted all that much in Serie A either.

Combine that with his shit attitude where he thinks he should be starting every game, then you're left with a potential dressing room cancer. Pep's trying to rally the troops for one last title charge, and getting rid of Cancelo creates a better atmosphere within the team.

The only issue is they don't have anyone to replace him. I know City plays a 3-4-3 these days, but your LB options are essentially Ake and Sergio Gomez, and Gomez has been awful whenever he's played. Don't be surprised if we see Foden start there one of these days. Laughing

I would pay to see Haaland play as an offensive fullback Laughing He's also shit at timing his tackles, and I wouldn't count on him doing very well defensively despite having physical attributes of an ideal CB, but it would be hilarious to see him sprint up and down the flank. Maybe he'd be able to showcase some of his creativity and passing again as well. I feel like that part of his game has completely vanished at City, which is quite ironic considering the type of football that City are known for.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

2022/2023 Premier League Discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: 2022/2023 Premier League Discussion

Post by Warrior Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:33 pm

What the hell are Chelsea doing ?? Overpay for transfers is expected from them, but to send PSG the wrong documents for signing Ziyech and ending up missing the deadline... how absurd
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:54 pm

Warrior wrote:What the hell are Chelsea doing ??

I don't know but I'm going to torture myself with Grahamball just to inspect Mudryk and Enzo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:53 pm

where's this Mudryk fella everyone's been talking about? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:57 pm

Not entirely convinced that handing out 8 year contracts to these players is very smart, maybe in the NFL or somewhere it works but across various leagues in football you're just stuck with a flop on high wages. Somebody should take it up with the American
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:51 am

@Casciavit @BarrileteCosmico

How is this Maximo Perrone? On reddit many Argentina say he's similar to Enzo, but more versatile and better ceiling to him. Fab said Pep picked him out on his own and is making him part of the first team, he was recently added to City CL team also. City generally have a good track record when it comes to Argentines.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:42 pm

colapse begins

Jorginho masterclass
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:46 pm

Sean Dyche PL legend!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:08 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:@Casciavit @BarrileteCosmico

How is this Maximo Perrone? On reddit many Argentina say he's similar to Enzo, but more versatile and better ceiling to him. Fab said Pep picked him out on his own and is making him part of the first team, he was recently added to City CL team also. City generally have a good track record when it comes to Argentines.
Not familiar with him at all. But this is what a quick google search in argentine media turned up (google translate):

Scout report:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:31 pm

3 match ban for Casemiro ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:36 pm

At least you're already cruising in this game.

And just as a type that CP scored, remontada?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:57 pm

looks like we dodged a bullet with Gakpo....Pool smashed again. Klopp out?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:13 pm

Gakpo is a boss, time will tell
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:27 pm

No Madrid ref protection around here boi
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:23 pm

Haven't seen too much from him aside from a few clips. He seems like a tidy player though. Left footed, can play in different midfield roles, can dribble out of challenges, and has a good technique and passing range on him. He also seems good at winning duels and sticking his foot into challenges and wining the ball.

I'm not sure he starts for City any time soon, but if Pep hand picked him then he probably has unique tools. Although based on the profile I saw it wouldn't surprise me if he's converted to LB. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:25 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Casciavit wrote: I could see Jorginho starting big games as DM instead.

over Partey? you must be joking

In away games then no.

But if it's home games where Arsenal are expected to dominate the ball and the opposing big team is sitting back I can see it. Arteta would probably want Jorginho because he can play those extra passes against those teams and help move the ball quicker. Just a theory, but we'll wait and see.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:48 pm

Casciavit wrote:

Haven't seen too much from him aside from a few clips. He seems like a tidy player though. Left footed, can play in different midfield roles, can dribble out of challenges, and has a good technique and passing range on him. He also seems good at winning duels and sticking his foot into challenges and wining the ball.

I'm not sure he starts for City any time soon, but if Pep hand picked him then he probably has unique tools. Although based on the profile I saw it wouldn't surprise me if he's converted to LB. Laughing
I wouldn't complain, we haven't had an elite FB is mad long

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42943-2022-2023-premier-league-discussion
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40