El Gunner
Glory
Helmer
20 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Premier League 2023/24 Empty Premier League 2023/24

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:28 am

City always manage to find some player who suddenly bursts into form for a run of 5-10 games. Foden with hittrick and saw some good stats in the last few games.

City will lead the table before Liverpool's next game as they will easily win against Everton at home. After that it will be very difficult to compete against them till the end of the season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Premier League 2023/24 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by Glory Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:58 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Arteta is really charismatic in his celebrations though the man celebrates with the crowd and I can't remember Emirates being louder than I did last night it was a spectacle. Wenger never had that in any form in character trait.

So congratulations on Arsenal fans for that.

But this is typical Arsenal for their fans to celebrate this hard and already 20 years later on X it will be said:"On this day we rejoiced after the legendary victory of Arteta's Arsenal against Liverpool in the Emirates, February 4th, 2024."

what scratch if anything he's the opposite. Its not even his celebrations.
https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/16ruds3/mikel_arteta_outside_the_technical_area_trying_to/
The guy hasnt won shit in his career so far and acts like this. Atleast when top managers do it, its kind of justifiable cos they are well top managers. What he is doing is akin to this actually.
Spoiler:
That is being cringe and annoying until eventually his team fails and he wins nothing.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:29 pm

Arteta and Arsenal hate is insane
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:25 pm

Odegaard taking pictures of Carra is so cringe. He's the captain too lol

The 'hate' is kind of justified because they are twats.  Small team mentality

You'd think they won the champions league. Absolutely embarrassing club. Lose with dignity, win with humility, you have not won anything more than a mere 3 points lmfao

have you seen man city behave in this way? and they win every freaking game almost, but they have big team menality instilled from Pep
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:41 pm

lol the bigger problem here Mysourcat is that you can't differentiate microsoft paint from reality
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:55 pm

They play well, I'm not saying they don't but they don't have the mentality of champions and it is clear as day
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:01 pm

Myesyats wrote:Odegaard taking pictures of Carra is so cringe. He's the captain too lol

The 'hate' is kind of justified because they are twats.  Small team mentality

You'd think they won the champions league. Absolutely embarrassing club. Lose with dignity, win with humility, you have not won anything more than a mere 3 points lmfao

have you seen man city behave in this way? and they win every freaking game almost, but they have big team menality instilled from Pep

This is my point. It's a bit similar to Roma who speak of some 1st round victories in UCL or against Juve or some shit for years.

You're a Barça fan, to this day Arsenal fans speak of that victory against Pep's Barça where Arshavin scored on a counter attack then the apparent 45 mins where Jack Wilshere dominated Xavi-Iniesta.

Each fucking big victory that happens 1-10 face-offs becomes a serial topic for years rofl

Like ffs Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:26 pm

Leave El G alone ffs.

You only get so much joy as an Arsenal fan, have to make the most of it.

I saw a short clip of Odegaard, seemed just like a little banter. Good to see passion anyway, rather have Odegaard taking pics than Man City's perfect robots with their well balanced celebrations. I'm sure mt aka Yohan Modric would love City's celebrations.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:47 pm

I already support Arteta and his celebrations as I dont get the point above that you need to be a top manager to celebrate like Conte in Juventus.

Conte used to do the same thing in his first season for Juve as it is, just a bit more reserved in risk of his wig flying off but Arteta has a reason to given this is his first ever managerial job that isn't being a sidekick.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:38 pm

Fun fact

Klopp lost 81 games for Liverpool. 57 of those losses were when the referee was bald. 40 of those 57 bald referee losses were refereed by Anthony Taylor.

So, whenever Liverpool lose, there's a 70% chance that it was Anthony Taylor, the bald referee on the field.

Disregard the sus maths for the sake of the argument.

Last edited by Vibe on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:42 pm

Honestly I didn't take your Bald Corollary seriously for months but now I think you may be onto something Vube
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:45 pm

There's a certain concurrence between baldness and the EPL yet most people still view it as a dichotomy, but you're starting to see the light.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:37 pm

Congratulations to Arsenal for a deserved victory and Congratulations to City for another title lol

What in the hell was Klopp thinking starting Gravenberch and Gakpo on the right side? Everyone knows Arsenal only attack us from Trent's side and you play the two weakest players there, granted Szobo and Nunez were not available but atleast put Jones there at RCM and push Grav on the left where he has always played, if not, then Diaz and Jones on RW and RCM. Then he takes off Trent lol, I know Trent is not fit coming back from his muscle tear but still ffs.

Anyways glad to see Thiago back and also glad this result happened earlier than the run in.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:51 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I already support Arteta and his celebrations as I dont get the point above that you need to be a top manager to celebrate like Conte in Juventus.

Conte used to do the same thing in his first season for Juve as it is, just a bit more reserved in risk of his wig flying off but Arteta has a reason to given this is his first ever managerial job that isn't being a sidekick.

Well you can celebrate however you want, but then if you wont have some sort of success at the end of the season to show for, you will look like a total moron in front of the everyone. That's all I am saying. If you didnt think so that too when they played against Liverpool, your team, then fair enough. That's even commendable really.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:31 pm

you're just jealous Glory... never in the history of football, or any sport for that matter, have i ever heard of people crying about someone, the fans and the team celebrating their hard-fought victory.

it's straight up Arsenal hate, and i don't know where it comes from to be frank, because i always thought we were a very lovable team and organisation from the outside looking in
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:26 pm

It just depends really. Some managers celebrate like mad similarly but somehow it just doesn't come across as charasmatic if not more idiotic. I think Arsenal fans needed that after Wenger's usual celebrations were shaking those hammerfists with a clenched teeth smile in a super long coat lmao. Might help that Arteta is handsome idk. Might also help that Emirates stadium ever since he came in is finally not super quiet with self conscious chants. Against us it was the loudest Ive ever seen it since it incepted.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:26 pm

It just depends really. Some managers celebrate like mad similarly but somehow it just doesn't come across as charasmatic if not more idiotic. I think Arsenal fans needed that after Wenger's usual celebrations were shaking those hammerfists with a clenched teeth smile in a super long coat lmao. Might help that Arteta is handsome idk. Might also help that Emirates stadium ever since he came in is finally not super quiet with self conscious chants. Against us it was the loudest Ive ever seen it since it incepted.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:55 pm

Against us it was the loudest Ive ever seen it since it incepted.
yea many people are saying that, i didn't really pick up on it because i was invested in us seeing through our dominant performance with a win... but the loud and emotional atmosphere could have been part of the reason why i was so subconsciously invested
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:34 am

Nishankly wrote:

Anyways glad to see Thiago back

and he's goneee
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:04 pm

Thiago :facepalm:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:you're just jealous Glory... never in the history of football, or any sport for that matter, have i ever heard of people crying about someone, the fans and the team celebrating their hard-fought victory.

it's straight up Arsenal hate, and i don't know where it comes from to be frank, because i always thought we were a very lovable team and organisation from the outside looking in

lol no man, no way I am jealous of Farteta and this current Arsenal team. tongue
May be yea subconsciously because back of the mind I have such high faith in Pep that he wont let his training cone man win the league. eco smile And even in rare scenarios like last season, have full confidence that you guys will chock at the crucial juncture. Now if City is send packing to lower leagues, then that's whole another matter cos then I may start worrying about Arsenal, also now that poor Klippity Kloppity is tired (aww) and wont manage Lpool from next season so they can also potentially drop down. Until then, nope, firmly behind the og bald fraud unlike the imitator we have at United. cheers

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:42 pm

I agree with @Glory on his take the way Arteta celebrated, shows mod table club mentality in fact when last season also they had won against us, no matter what the situation was at that time. These are the types of things I relate Arteta with Rodgers.

Anyways, curious to see whether Arsenal can grind out a win today at West Ham away. This season with 3 horse title race is going to be lot of fun for neutrals.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:28 pm

I don't disagree that it's not behaviour that's typically associated with a top/elite team that wins trophies on a regular basis, but I don't really see that as an insult either.

Arsenal are a strong team, in my opinion, but they haven't won anything to warrant the "I'm above this" attitude that some of you seem to suggest that they should have hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:30 pm

Thimmy is 100% right. Arsenal by all means, are not a top club.

Therefore his celebration is justified and when you see your manager celebrate like that in stadium, it just hits different.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:45 pm

It was clearly good for team spirit, WHU 0 - 6 ARS
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite