Lucifer
Ben
danyjr
El Gunner
Firenze
46 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

2022/2023 Premier League Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: 2022/2023 Premier League Discussion

Post by farfan Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:00 pm

Time for another Arsenal smash fest  cheers

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

2022/2023 Premier League Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: 2022/2023 Premier League Discussion

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:01 pm

Alvarez is a bit raw but he’s definitely tidy. Good movement, quick, good link up, tenacious, and doesn’t lose the ball. He does go to ground a bit easily though so he should bulk up.

City loses this game last season. Haaland has 6G in his first 4 games. I still think they need a pace merchant dribbling winger for games like these though. Seeing Foden play LB for 30 minutes was fun. He actually did amazing there. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:02 pm

You appoint a merciless psychopath as your war general and give him the codes to your nuclear warheads, what else did you expect would happen? A brutal, devastating onslaught resulting in the total annihilation of anything that breathes.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:07 pm

I consider Ronaldo to be one, if not, the greatest goalscorer in history.

Not even him had these numbers when he was at Haaland's age.

If I'm not mistaken, it took him several months to score his first hat trick for Madrid. Then you have this psychopath who it only took him 4 games to get his first for City.

If the Bald Fraud or injuries don't fuck him up, he will feast on Europe.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:17 pm

Casciavit wrote:Alvarez is a bit raw but he’s definitely tidy. Good movement, quick, good link up, tenacious, and doesn’t lose the ball. He does go to ground a bit easily though so he should bulk up.

He's exactly what we needed in RW, literally fits the bill and covers a lot of deficiencies we have, as well he's no slouch in defending from what i've seen so far so he's got the donkey part nailed down. Shame we didn't get him.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:19 pm

Casciavit wrote:Alvarez is a bit raw but he’s definitely tidy. Good movement, quick, good link up, tenacious, and doesn’t lose the ball. He does go to ground a bit easily though so he should bulk up.

City loses this game last season. Haaland has 6G in his first 4 games. I still think they need a pace merchant dribbling winger for games like these though. Seeing Foden play LB for 30 minutes was fun. He actually did amazing there. Laughing

What’s crazy with Haaland is Foden failed to feed him on 2 different 1V1 chances in past two games, Pope made two insane saves against him in the Newcastle game, he also had some poor finishes, some of the City players failed to pick up his runs. The guy could’ve had 10 or more goals at this point and he’s not even 100% fit and there all still adjusting to a #9 on their team Laughing

In terms of individual numbers he’s gonna kill it if he stays fit and once they click.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:21 pm

Kaladin wrote:

He's exactly what we needed in RW, literally fits the bill and covers a lot of deficiencies we have, as well he's no slouch in defending from what i've seen so far so he's got the donkey part nailed down. Shame we didn't get him.

I’ve given up any hope of us signing a RW. CDK should be #10 but wouldn’t surprise me if Diaz started centrally and Pioli shifted him to the right
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:34 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:

What’s crazy with Haaland is Foden failed to feed him on 2 different 1V1 chances in past two games, Pope made two insane saves against him in the Newcastle game, he also had some poor finishes, some of the City players failed to pick up his runs. The guy could’ve had 10 or more goals at this point and he’s not even 100% fit and there all still adjusting to a #9 on their team Laughing

In terms of individual numbers he’s gonna kill it if he stays fit and once they click.

I’ve been saying he’s going to bag 40+ since he joined.

I think it was Dany who didn’t think that would be possible because Aguero didn’t hit those numbers either.

What separates Haaland and Aguero is how many times Haaland gets himself in dangerous positions. Aguero also got himself in great scoring positions, but Haaland finds himself in those situations just a bit more. In the first half I counted the amount of times he found himself in dangerous moments. That includes his shots, good runs where his touch let him down, or him being open and getting ignored. It was like 6-7 and I stopped counting after half time.

The fact he’s 6’5 makes him a threat in the air even though heading isn’t his strong suit. He’s strong at shielding the ball so defenders just fall off him. Also him being fast as hell makes him a threat in behind. He can score link up goals. He finds himself in tap-in positions all the time. He has great kicking power and great finishing. And he plays for City who always have 65% of the ball and create numerous chances per game. Don’t forget he’s a great penalty kick taker too. Lastly he has that hunger to always attack the ball the way Messi and Ronaldo do.

He has so many tools in his toolbox when it comes to goalscoring. It’s crazy.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:37 pm

The amount of times he finds himself in 1v1s I think he should add a chipped finish to his locker. He usually looks to round the GK, but if it’s at his right side he struggles because his right foot isn’t good.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:51 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

I think it was Dany who didn’t think that would be possible because Aguero didn’t hit those numbers either.

What separates Haaland and Aguero is how many times Haaland gets himself in dangerous positions. Aguero also got himself in great scoring positions, but Haaland finds himself in those situations just a bit more. In the first half I counted the amount of times he found himself in dangerous moments. That includes his shots, good runs where his touch let him down, or him being open and getting ignored. It was like 6-7 and I stopped counting after half time.

The fact he’s 6’5 makes him a threat in the air even though heading isn’t his strong suit. He’s strong at shielding the ball so defenders just fall off him. Also him being fast as hell makes him a threat in behind. He can score link up goals. He finds himself in tap-in positions all the time. He has great kicking power and great finishing. And he plays for City who always have 65% of the ball and create numerous chances per game. Don’t forget he’s a great penalty kick taker too. Lastly he has that hunger to always attack the ball the way Messi and Ronaldo do.

The way he shrugged off the defender on 4 th goal is amazing and scary.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:55 pm

Arsenal need to stop making things complicated in final third imo. Stop making those extra touches and shoot the damn ball.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:06 pm

Casciavit wrote:The amount of times he finds himself in 1v1s I think he should add a chipped finish to his locker. He usually looks to round the GK, but if it’s at his right side he struggles because his right foot isn’t good.

The first 5 seconds - chipped, right-footed finish. Clearly, he's capable of it. But yeah, he does like to round the goalkeeper.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:33 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Yeah, its one thing I've seen he has many tools to make him effective. He finds scoring chances easily, in the game against Bournemouth his assist were he held off 2-3 defenders, as well as overall in the game he was being marked by 2-3 players, that gave other players more room and freedom. His pace is a nightmare, no defender is catching him, you have to bring him down if you want to stop him. He like KdB is a player Pep will adjust too, certain aspect he'll need to adjust on for the team, but overall he'll fit in.

Will be interesting in the CL, I think he'll be a catalyst to spear head them all the way, with the way games are played in the CL it'll be more his speed.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:35 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

The way he shrugged off the defender on 4 th goal is amazing and scary.

https://streamja.com/zbqQN

The sheer strength...
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:34 pm

Can't believe Jorginho won a balon d'or. He is atrocious
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:42 pm

The Jorginho Ballon d'or prop was hilarious. Though it was mainly Chelsea/Italy and Ronaldo fanboys who were trying to back up his case lmfao.

He won UEFA POTY, but that's always been given to the guy on the winning CL team. Jorginho won the CL and Euros so he was given it based on that.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:22 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Can't believe Jorginho won a balon d'or. He is atrocious

he didnt win, he was 3rd no?

when is Tucheliban getting the sack?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:29 pm

Broja doing more since coming on than Havertz has done this entire season. Why is the latter going under the radar when people talk about big money flops.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:45 pm

Chelsea look worse than us this season ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:47 pm

Chelsea really needs Ronaldo and Maguire. Come on Tod Boehly, you know what to do.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:56 pm

genuinely hope they go for Ronaldo and we just sign Memphis again tbh, if Chelsea dont get a new CF theyre doing nothing this season
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:59 pm

Burnley went down but they gave their title to Everton, what an absolute gobshite of a team.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:03 pm

say it with me lads

2022/2023 Premier League Discussion - Page 14 Go-team-cheer

BUNDESFRAUD
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:39 am

Myesyats wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Can't believe Jorginho won a balon d'or. He is atrocious

he didnt win, he was 3rd no?

when is Tucheliban getting the sack?
yh, you're right, he won Uefa WPOTY like Cas pointed out my bad. Still, how did this guy win anything. He is awful!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:41 am

I hope Pool have done their due diligence on Bellingham or they'll be in trouble
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:24 am

Nishankly wrote:Burnley went down but they gave their title to Everton, what an absolute gobshite of a team.

pls Leicester, Bournemouth and West Ham have all been worse so far this season
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next