Zagadka
Pedram
Myesyats
iftikhar
Robespierre
39 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Thu 16 Apr - 12:08:52

Vibe wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Vibe wrote:Fuck corona tbh

I am working 3 floors of patients simultaneously, 17 hours into a 24 hour shift and I am fucking tired. My body wants to give up.

Hope at the end of all of this, you can make 4 memes against Indians, you deserve it.

There is all the strength I'll ever need :bow:

It was just a temporary crisis, I am back on my feet and fresh as if it was an NBA fantasy night Molenation

man i would've been fantasy champion by now :facepalm: darn Corona Clubber

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Warrior Thu 16 Apr - 13:20:39

Says the guy who's 5th Laughing blessing in disguise for you
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 16 Apr - 13:30:07

^^IMAGINE thinking the combo of Giannis, Graham, and Holmes would not have led DTB to success over poverty like Mitchell, Aldridge and Lillard
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu 16 Apr - 14:07:18

Ah yes, Graham and Holmes, the combo of B+ at best. Everyone was so terrified Rolling Eyes

Not to mention Spida got INFECTED by your boy Gobert, an absolute dick move against my depleted squad. Probably the season will remain unfinished, it's also a blessing for me, yet because of your deluded over confidence i could not wait to mock that round 1 exit. Oh well
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Thu 16 Apr - 14:22:49

Hello Guys, how are you all holding out? Hope Corona has spared our little community here. I guess most of you are from Europe & USA and situation there is absolutely dire. Do stay safe, and keep others in your prayers.

It was Bangla new year few days back so here's a belated শুভ নববর্ষ (shoo-vo nobo-borso), that's happy new year in Bangla, for you.

I was thinking about volunteering during this catastrophe, but apparently I don't have the required skills for that. WHAT A WASTE.

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu 16 Apr - 14:50:03

Hasta siempre Luis.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200416-chilean-author-luis-sepulveda-dies-of-virus-in-spain
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 16 Apr - 16:32:26

The WHO now advocates for restricting alcohol sales in Eastern Europe

http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/alcohol-use/news/news/2020/04/alcohol-does-not-protect-against-covid-19-access-should-be-restricted-during-lockdown

As if it's reputation needed this right now
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 16 Apr - 17:05:33

No alcohol in Eastern Europe would tear down the fabric of their society
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 16 Apr - 17:21:48

Guys from ukraine who live in my neighborhood are buying a couple bottles of vodka AT 10AM several days a week often times

Its a sight to behold
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 16 Apr - 20:34:37

Scenes from my state yesterday:

I don't even care they're out there protesting. It's as American as apple pie. What I care about is that the people on foot aren't social distancing and they aren't wearing masks. Because they still believe this is not as serious as being reported, despite 30K people dying from this virus.

What's worse? They intentionally blocked the streets of Lansing, which made it difficult for emergency vehicles to get into the local hospital. That's what really pisses me off.

This is the stupidity that threatens to prevent a flattening of the curve.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu 16 Apr - 22:26:34

We have a Russian crew coming in tomorrow to help out since my place is now one of the most active coronavirus areas.

I won't be there, but my wife will and I just taught her that Hi, welcome is Cyka Blyat in Russian
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri 17 Apr - 10:14:40

sportsczy wrote:Meantime, people are getting sick in the US because they're taking chlorine since it has chloroquine in it...  In this case, I'm almost not sad.  People like this make babies and that's why we're in our current state.

A doc in Germany who is in close contact with his colleagues in New York shed some light why two third of the intubated die in the USA. He says the patients  hesitate to go to the doc at the start. When they are at the hospital they're already in the end stadium. There isn't much one can do at that stage. Even intubated, most of them don't survive. He still thinks intubation and puting patients onto their bellies is the most effective measure as of now.
Source:https://www.focus.de/gesundheit/news/clemens-wendtner-muenchner-chefarzt-erklaert-warum-bei-uns-weniger-beatmungspatienten-sterben_id_11890202.html
Vibe wrote:We have a Russian crew coming in tomorrow to help out since my place is now one of the most active coronavirus areas.

I won't be there, but my wife will and I just taught her that Hi, welcome is Cyka Blyat in Russian
Cyka = Bitch, careful Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri 17 Apr - 10:33:24

Put all the sick people in section B and tell the russians to rush there Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 17 Apr - 13:30:42

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-52321529

The Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus originated last year, has raised its official Covid-19 death toll by 50%, adding 1,290 fatalities.

seems quite low still
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 17 Apr - 15:06:39

Babun wrote:
Vibe wrote:We have a Russian crew coming in tomorrow to help out since my place is now one of the most active coronavirus areas.

Cyka = Bitch, careful Very Happy
that's the joke Wink
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri 17 Apr - 15:37:45

She didn't fall for it anyway Rolling Eyes
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 17 Apr - 22:15:18

Speaking in Geneva, the WHO's Dr Maria van Kerkhove said there was "no evidence" that having had the virus would guarantee immunity.

She said initial evidence did not suggest large numbers of people were developing antibodies after having the virus, meaning the chances of creating "herd immunity" were not high.

Depressing if there's no immunity for people who've had it. Would that make vaccine development more difficult, too?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri 17 Apr - 22:59:09

Art Morte wrote:
Speaking in Geneva, the WHO's Dr Maria van Kerkhove said there was "no evidence" that having had the virus would guarantee immunity.

She said initial evidence did not suggest large numbers of people were developing antibodies after having the virus, meaning the chances of creating "herd immunity" were not high.

Depressing if there's no immunity for people who've had it. Would that make vaccine development more difficult, too?

That would really suck for Sweden, as their state epidemiologist, Anders Tegnell has been going on recently about how they'll develop herd immunity in the near future. Their initial strategy would fail epically if there isn't, at the very least, a high chance of developing immunity Mad
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 18 Apr - 2:42:22

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/health/santa-clara-coronavirus-infections-study/index.html

Far more people may have been infected with Covid-19 than have been confirmed by health officials in Santa Clara County, California, according to a study released Friday in preprint.

The study used an antibody blood test to estimate how many people had been infected with Covid-19 in the past. Other tests, like those performed with nasal swabs or saliva, test for the virus' genetic material, which does not persist long after recovery, as antibodies do.

"We found that there are many, many unidentified cases of people having Covid infection that were never identified with it with a virus test," said Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine at Stanford University and one of the paper's authors. "It's consistent with findings from around the world that this disease, this epidemic is further along than we thought."

The study estimated that 2.49% to 4.16% of people in Santa Clara Country had been infected with Covid-19 by April 1. This represents between 48,000 and 81,000 people, which is 50 to 85 times what county officials recorded by that date: 956 confirmed cases.

A preprint study is a draft version of a study released to the public that hasn't been peer-reviewed for publication in a journal. CNN has reached out to the Santa Clara County Public Health Department for comment.

Similar efforts to estimate local antibody prevalence have launched in places like Miami-Dade County, Florida; San Miguel County, Colorado; and Los Angeles, California. The National Institutes of Health has a similar effort underway as well.

Bhattacharya said information from these studies will not only give researchers a better idea on antibody prevalence, but they will also vastly improve projections and disease modeling. Experts have said it's clear there have been more people infected than we've tested for, but it's unclear how much higher that number could be.

"All of the projection models have this as an input: how many people have been infected today," Bhattacharya said.

"It just helps us plan better," he added. "Before, we were making policy in the dark."

The research may also give a more realistic sense of how deadly the virus really is.

"If I get the infection, how likely is it I'm going to die? That number depends on knowing how many people have had the infection -- not just actively have it now, but have had it and recovered from it," Bhattacharya said.

If 50 times more people have had the infection, the death rate could drop by that same factor, putting it "somewhere between 'little worse than the flu' to 'twice as bad as the flu' in terms of case fatality rate," Bhattacharya said.

But he cautioned that the flu and coronavirus are still quite different. For one, we don't yet have a vaccine for Covid-19.

Doctors suspect, though, and are still trying to prove beyond a doubt, that antibodies to Covid-19 mean one is immune down the line.

The study in Santa Clara County recruited participants largely using Facebook ads targeted by zip code to sample various parts of the community. The study tested 3,330 adults and children.

"They had about five different tents set up and you just kind of drove through and they pricked your finger, took a blood sample and took down your information," one of those participants, Tony Huston, told CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta on his podcast, "Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction."

"I think it's human nature to want to know if you've had it or if you have the antibodies," Huston said.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 18 Apr - 14:04:31

I wouldn't be surprised if there were 100 times more cases by now than the official numbers. I don't actually understand why many news sites are reporting these findings as somehow surprising since it's been a fact from the start in almost all countries that testing has been limited and people with mild-to-moderate symptoms shouldn't even get tested, just isolate at home.

In Japan "Emergency rooms have been unable to treat some patients with serious health conditions due to the extra burden caused by the virus, officials say. One ambulance carrying a patient with coronavirus symptoms was turned away by 80 hospitals before he could be seen."

That's pretty bad. Looks like Japan didn't take enough measures when they had the chance and are playing catch up now.

90 hospital deaths in Finland now, but it's been confirmed that care home numbers haven't yet been added and those will be tens more covid deaths.

Care homes everywhere facing catastrophic results from the virus, it seems. Read yesterday that a third of Ireland's covid deaths are in care homes. Looks like it will be about the same in Finland, too, at least for now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 18 Apr - 14:21:12

There was a similar study done in the German area, which was the first epicenter of the outbreak in Germany, and it had similar results.

Problem, from what I read, seems to be that the antibody tests so far available, and used in that study, also show as positive people who developed immune reaction to other corona viruses, not necessarily the SARS-cov2.
And coronaviruses already constitue something like 10-20 percent of common cold and flu viruses.
So then this is probablematic as we assume people to have had the virus, and be immune, that haven't actually had it. They might just have had a cold.

I'm not sure about the Santa Clara study, hope it is meaningful as that would be great news, but as I said a German study with similar results has been strongly questioned. The antibody tests to SARS-cov2 just seem not to be reliable and trustworthy yet.

So in Germany, some experts (including the leading virologist tasked with advising the government) have actually said they expect the "dark figure" of people really infected beyond the ones officially measured as merely 5-10 times the official figure, not 50 times, or 100 times.

It would be fantastic if 100 times more people really would have had the virus, already, but sadly, that doesn't seem likely from what I read
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat 18 Apr - 17:03:35

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 8 _1118410

We are doomed.

With the Corona infections and deaths gathering pace in recent week and our meager healthcare resources already stretched to the bones, these murderous imbeciles decided to hold ceremony of thousands of people.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat 18 Apr - 18:08:10

Not to mention the latest Trump set of tweets, encouraging people to openly gather in groups to protest the various states (mostly with democrat governors) social isolations.

This a**hole is opening encouraging the spread of this pandemic. Note - it’s not just American citizens that are at risk as he wants to open the borders as well, particularly to Canada.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sat 18 Apr - 18:31:53

I've given myself a coronaban, so not active lately.

But happy saturday night boys...This is a look into the future.

Finished a bottle of wine at 6:30 pm...no worries, first drink in 3 days. Reading too much bukowski which inevitably invites drinking.

Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 18 Apr - 20:43:15

Art Morte wrote:

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 18 Apr - 21:38:09

Apparently they have either caught the virus again (no immunity developed) or they still had small, undetectable amounts of the virus and they've relapsed. (Or those two negative tests have both been faulty). Between the lack of testing, lack of cure, lack of knowledge about immunity, it feels very frustrating trying to fight this thing right now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next