rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 10 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Wed May 01, 2019 2:00 pm

I am talking about Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken not this episode. I criticised aspects of that episode which were widely criticized as well at the time, hence the lower than the high reviews the show got in average. And I directly got told to stop complaining and to get my head out of my ass. I said I liked this episode as well (its at 75%), being a big fan of some of the directing and music, overall I would rate it around 7-7.5/10.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 10 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 01, 2019 4:02 pm

So good!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Agree with Joe's analysis
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 01, 2019 4:51 pm

M99 wrote:I am talking about Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken not this episode. I criticised aspects of that episode which were widely criticized as well at the time, hence the lower than the high reviews the show got in average. And I directly got told to stop complaining and to get my head out of my ass. I said I liked this episode as well (its at 75%), being a big fan of some of the directing and music, overall I would rate it around 7-7.5/10.

Was that the rape as plot device episode?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Glory wrote:Interesting theory from ideasoficeandfire yt guy
Bran warging to ravens and flying to NK was actually for communicating something. May be to tell him how to make the wights cross the lit trenches? hmm Otherwise what was the purpose of that warging anyway?

I'm not sure I get the questions about Bran warging. It just seemed like he warged the ravens to see what was happening, to see if the NK was there and if he was coming, to see the battle unfold and see if the plan is working. As opposed to just sitting by the tree creeping on Theon.

Same with Arya. It was built up and setup. She snuk past the WW, we see the WW's hair flickering and jim noticing, and jumped the NK. Can't imagine Arya face shifting into a WW, don't see how that's possible since they break into ice when killed.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 01, 2019 6:34 pm

Totally have not been keeping up with that other hack fraud Angry Joe but didn't realise he is now "critiquing" GoT or TV shows in general.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 01, 2019 6:38 pm

Freeza wrote:
M99 wrote:I am talking about Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken not this episode. I criticised aspects of that episode which were widely criticized as well at the time, hence the lower than the high reviews the show got in average. And I directly got told to stop complaining and to get my head out of my ass. I said I liked this episode as well (its at 75%), being a big fan of some of the directing and music, overall I would rate it around 7-7.5/10.

Was that the rape as plot device episode?

Well, I wouldn't say plot device but it was the episode that Sansa was raped while Theon was forced to watch. It had other aspects of the episode that wasn't exactly appealing. Like the Dorne stuff or whatever shenanigans was taking place in King's Landing. But the rape of Sansa was probably the one that really turned people off.

Apparently the director still got nominated for an Emmy for it...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 01, 2019 7:23 pm

I knew the Night King slaying looked familiar

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Thu May 02, 2019 6:11 am

Freeza wrote:The first post from r/got has some valid points

Second one is just utter nonsense all around. I'm not sure what else could be done with Arya to make her killing the NK feel more earned. They've spent 9 years setting her up as incredibly dangerous.

I'm not sure how this could have been done to that posters liking in a tv-series soap format. There's like 3-5 each episode to develop each character. It's hard to get much more than what we've actually gotten. And I think Arya has had one of the better arcs of the bunch showing what she can do. If anyone's arc is earned, it's definitely hers.

Seems like many of these people are craving longer format storytelling. But that will never happen in a 10 episode season show. It's much better suited for a book series, which can produced much cheaper and faster than a tv show that would require the same amount of information.

I still dont get when Arya became this super dangerous sneaky assassin. The last we properly saw, she was scrubbing floors and getting her ass kicked by the waif, and only survived multiple stabs in a faceoff against the waif due to Stark plot armour.

Now we are supposed to believe she's a super deadly quiet assassin because she managed to get to 10 feet behind Jon while nobody was around him, and because they spent a ridiculous scene on showing that a drop of blood sounds louder than Arya moving around. Yes, this must be enough of an explanation for how Arya manages to sneak past a dozen White Walkers (and god knows how many wights) to make a huge jump over 30 feet (ermm did you guys see how far Theon had to run with the spear to get to the NK) to kill the most mysterious force in the entire series, and one that the show has been setting up as the real danger from the first minute of the first episode.

Talk about reaching. Not sure if cause you just want to defend the show or are an Arya fanboy.

And that was one of the smaller issues with the episode as well. The fact that Sam, Jon, Brienne, and Jaime survived that battle is absolutely ridiculous. There was a time when the show would punish characters for making mistakes, now it has completely devolved into a big-budget Hollywood viewing. What a shame.

Also if you're gonna have Arya killing the NK as the twist because Jon would be too obvious (literally what D&D admitted), why the hell would you literally tell us 30 minutes in advance that she was going to kill the NK.

This episode was botched in so many ways. The show was superb visually, but when you take so many pains to immerse your viewers and to make them feel worried for your characters, why would you keep using the cheap tactic of showing them about to die, then cut away from them, and then cut back to them 5 min later and they have fewer enemies or some random other character comes out of nowhere to save them? Do this enough times, and people will stop feeling worried for your characters.

urbaNRoots wrote:Yeah I think too many people here read /r/asoiaf which is full of snobby / bitter book readers who love to nitpick every small detail in the show but love everything about the books.

I have never been there, never read the books and dont know or subscribe to any theories, and I was still disappointed by this episode. Not everyone who disliked the episode is a book snob.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu May 02, 2019 11:26 am

rincon wrote:
Glory wrote:Interesting theory from ideasoficeandfire yt guy
Bran warging to ravens and flying to NK was actually for communicating something. May be to tell him how to make the wights cross the lit trenches? hmm Otherwise what was the purpose of that warging anyway?

I'm not sure I get the questions about Bran warging. It just seemed like he warged the ravens to see what was happening, to see if the NK was there and if he was coming, to see the battle unfold and see if the plan is working. As opposed to just sitting by the tree creeping on Theon.

Same with Arya. It was built up and setup. She snuk past the WW, we see the WW's hair flickering and jim noticing, and jumped the NK. Can't imagine Arya face shifting into a WW, don't see how that's possible since they break into ice when killed.

Yea, that will be it 99% lol. Ravens could have been simply on a random scouting mission. Thing is, like many others, I like to live in hope that there will be some big conspiracy behind all these scenes, and that we will be getting a jaw dropping twist, despite knowing full well that there won’t.  

Arya scene on the other hand, I mean the idea behind it perfectly made sense. As many of you already said, she was the most adept in killing the NK. Only an assassin’s sneak attack could have done it as we have seen by now he is unbeatable in all other ways. It’s the manner in which that scene was done, the superjumping part specifically, the problem.

Also I am enjoying all these moaners who are ranting that Jon should have been the one to finish off NK cos he was the prince was promised and blah blah, like really really enjoying. Excellent work by the creators there, very Game of Thrones-y in a way. Not doing it like everyone wants. Telling them fanbois to go fk off.  Arya for the fking Throne now. Twisted Evil

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu May 02, 2019 11:47 am

Dem chills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOO_JKJDubg

Forgot how much I used to watch in awe Alfie Allen portraying this character. One of the best arcs in the entire show, easily. And one of the best actors the show has seen too, easily.
Take a bow, kraken raised by the wolves. :bow: Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Theon's arc is GOAT. Honestly I didnt even like Theon at all, books or show, for a long time. There is no denying that the actor killed it though, and the arc was awesome. Ramsey and Theon terrified me with their performances/arc.

Bran thanking Theon and telling him he is good man in winterfell after everything that happened was just perfect. Absolutely one of the top moments in the series for me.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu May 02, 2019 3:19 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 10 Odvhyl0co7v21

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 02, 2019 3:48 pm

Theon had the best character arc of the show. One of the best in TV ever too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 02, 2019 11:20 pm

This scene lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 02, 2019 11:50 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 03, 2019 12:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCL4HmdSIPs
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 03, 2019 12:17 am

M99 wrote:

I can imagine this being D&D in the post-production room
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 03, 2019 12:46 am

The long "night" last one "night" hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 03, 2019 12:47 am

Honestly that's some indisputable logic there, they could've made the blizzard block the sun or something for a few days though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri May 03, 2019 9:18 am

Been rewatching the episode. So, can the WW sense every wight and know whether all of them are real or not? Because, otherwise, I think the answer to the question of from where did the Arya quickly appear is already there in the episode.

Spoiler:

She must have taken that face off.  We did see a lot of wights in Godswood when the NK and pals walked in in slow motion, she must have been there, waiting.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 am

Freeza wrote:The long "night" last one "night" hmm

This. Again, its us, the viewers who are the fools for thinking that with 'night', the writers are referring to days and months which are essentially dark and snowy, not literally 'one long night'. Laughing

It's the expectation that's the biggest problem right now with GoT. Fans are so invested if it doesn't go as per how they want, they revolt. If it sucks in quality and logic then fine, but how can anyone complain with statements like  'it should have gone like this and not like that'. Sigh. It's a bit silly really. (Before anyone calls me out, regarding earlier how I said that Cersei shouldnt be the final boss and this NK killing should have been in last few episodes and all, I was referring to the expected quality of that hypothetical scenario. About none of those characters on Cersei's side really interesting me. Just to clarify Very Happy )

I personally stopped expecting much after the first two seasons the show moved on from books.  I mean whats the point. The quality sure dipped. But still its epic television, with mind boggling sequences. Just cherish it guys. Only 3 more to go now. Sad Dont know for others, but I personally will miss it when it wraps up.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 03, 2019 4:19 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 10 1ot09fqq9uv21
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 03, 2019 6:51 pm

This is why I'm now on team Cersei. Clearly the only competent player of the game left.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Always been team cersei but you just know that Arya will faceswap jamie to kill her

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Yeah all they need at this point is for Davos to smuggle Arya and Varys in. Varys to follow the underground tunnels. And then for Arya to do her thing.

Luckily D&D won't do that Smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next