rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 6 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:18 am

Freeza wrote:
M99 wrote:One thing I really really hope the show does not ignore (inb4 no time) is the answer of why in this particular point in history are the white walkers invading. Also why they are doing it,

Yeah. I think we're due a very huge Bran expository scene in next episode to explain it. That or episode 7.

hmm

Oh well I guess us that are not satisfied should list to Tywin here.

https://gfycat.com/sentimentalglamorouscollie-charles-dance

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 6 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:22 am

M99 wrote:
Freeza wrote:
M99 wrote:One thing I really really hope the show does not ignore (inb4 no time) is the answer of why in this particular point in history are the white walkers invading. Also why they are doing it,

Yeah. I think we're due a very huge Bran expository scene in next episode to explain it. That or episode 7.

hmm

Oh well I guess us that are not satisfied should list to Tywin here.

https://gfycat.com/sentimentalglamorouscollie-charles-dance

Yeah I still expect Bran to explain something and not be quiet. He's clearly not telling them something.

I'm expecting him to explain more about why. We're due for him being truthful to people about how much he knows, because he cleraly knows more than he's letting on.

I would argue Bran is like Dr. Strange in Infinity War.

And in the next episodes I'm expecting him to tell more with the reasoning "If I told you what would happen, then it wouldn't happen". There's always that kind of thought when time traveling etc is involved.

___

Yeah the army wasn't unstoppable by any means. All it took was the greatest army the show had seen yet. Two dragons. A chosen one. A all-seeing whatever the hell Bran is, A faceless woman all coming together.

How else should it have been resolved?

I'm still yet to here suggestions in this thread except complaining.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:26 am

Freeza wrote:Let me ask instead. What should've happened with the long night?

Are you mad that every character didn't die, and the Night King didn't win?

Thats exactly what should’ve happened

Instead they opted for a ‘safe’ outcome, no way in hell would GRRM write this shit
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:26 am

Kaladin wrote:Lmao Bran, fella was watching Endgame the whole episode

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 6 Rb0w6b1u94v21
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:30 am

Kaladin wrote:

Are you mad that every character didn't die, and the Night King didn't win?

Thats exactly what should’ve happened

Instead they opted for a ‘safe’ outcome, no way in hell would GRRM write this shit

I thought GRRM told them the major plot points.

Guess he's still living off that Ned Start killing some 25 years ago.

Subverting expectations gets stale and boring after a while imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:36 am

@Freeza
That is still a fan theory as, once again, global warming is not a thing in the show. Sure, it is so overt that it is covert that the NK is suppose to be a metaphor for Global Warming (or whatever threat you wanna put there tbh) but doesn't really change the fan theory part.

In any case, it is what it is. I dislike that after seasons of build up, an Arya super jump + low punch ended the NK and that's that. "He" want Craster's sons because reasons, "He" wanted to destroy everything because reasons and the entire thing was just no different from the mindless CGI zombie army invasion.

Different opinions and what not.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:40 am

Felt like a terrible episode of The Walking Dead tbh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:43 am

Didn't we get his motivations explained once though?

He was created by the children of the forrest or what they were called to protect them against the humans.

They were an experiment gone wrong. An experiment made to protect the environment against humans. This has been stated explicitly.

There might be more to it, but most of what he's done has suggested he just goes around killing humans. That's probably why he was above the wall for so long. Trying to kill every single human above it.

There's still something missing about what happened during the nine years, but I don't think that's because of some grand plan tbh. Just because of the lack of time that's offered by TV-series as a medium.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:49 am

https://www.wired.com/story/game-of-thrones-winterfell-battle-tactical-analysis/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 am

Think there could've been some better directing in terms of having a sense of space during the battle.

My main complaint with the episodes, and GoT battles in general. It's so hard to get a sense of awareness as to what is happening, when, where and who.

It really puts things into perspective after having watched Endgame, because they manage to establish the geography of the fight so when, by giving wide shots that show where they are, and who are there.

It was hard to get a sense of where Arya, Beric and the Hound were running to. Suddenly they were there, and suddenly they were somewhere else. Would've been great to actually follow the action better.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 am

@Freeza that being all that is there to it is disappointing to me. I never referred to any fan theories of them being something more, I just expected them being more because that would fit the series. This is just generic as f.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:59 am

M99 wrote:@Freeza that being all that is there to it is disappointing to me. I never referred to any fan theories of them being something more, I just expected them being more because that would fit the series. This is just generic as f.

I agree with it being generic. I like generic sometimes. But I've never been a big fan of fights versus huge amounts of canonfodder. They served the purpose for giving us the last episode though. The fear they instilled in our heroes resulted in some great moments all around.

Avengers, Justice League, Zombie films etc. gets tiring at some point.

Can't wait for human vs. human fights the rest of the show though. Has always been much more interesting.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:05 am

One thing I forgot.

Theon Greyjoy Molenation

One of the best character arcs in TV history. In my top 5 with Walter White, Prince Zuko, Don Draper, and Bodie.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:13 am

Speaking of great moments,

Anyone else expected named characters to have sword fights with White Walkers? Especially the ones who had Valyrian Steel swords? I was surprised at how little the White Walkers did. They just stood behind the Night King at the end and I assume Arya jumped from one of their heads to shank Night King (rewatched the scene, she was not in a tree or something she came from directly behind NK).
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:15 am

M99 wrote:Speaking of great moments,

Anyone else expected named characters to have sword fights with White Walkers? Especially the ones who had Valyrian Steel swords? I was surprised at how little the White Walkers did. They just stood behind the Night King at the end and I assume Arya jumped from one of their heads to shank Night King (rewatched the scene, she was not in a tree or something she came from directly behind NK).

Yeah, she snuck quietly from behind the walkers and jumped.

Think they showed well how silent she could move.

And the "teleportation" was well established with Jaqen H'ghar I thought Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:20 am

At this point, I think she straight up knows how to turn invisible.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:37 am

Will rewatch the episode now, will see if it still holds up!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:46 am

Smh this was absolutely meant to be seen in the evening while I watched a lame stream in the morning, I can already see more than on my first watch...already the experience is better.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:56 am

Have to say, the Dothraki charging at the beginning was dumb as hell. I think they could‘ve been used better if they got involved a bit later. Battle should’ve started with the wight charging (which was amazing!). What a waste, right at the beginning.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:04 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Have to say, the Dothraki charging at the beginning was dumb as hell. I think they could‘ve been used better if they got involved a bit later. What a waste, right at the beginning.

Yeah, they are elite archers there is no sense in wasting them on a suicide run. A suicide mission makes sense if it weakens the opposition but here the opponents have the ability to raise the dead so it actually strengthens them in this case. The commanders must have known the Night King would not be baited by them. No other reason it happened other than to get the cool shot of the fire arakhs from the distance and them slowly fading.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:10 am

However everything that came afterwards (Wights, charge, Dany and Jon killing wights on dragonback, Grey Worm/Brienne/Jaime/Tormund fighting, Jon aiming to kill the White Walkers before the Night King brought the storm) is freakin’ epic.

...up until Edd dies, because of Sam (yes, still blaming him). Instead of swallowing up his pride like Tyrion, this fat fuck decides to “fight” and distract Edd, which ends up in his death. But that is more character flaw than bad writing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 am

RealGunner wrote:The worst part of the episode was the ridiculous plot armour

You see one character being surrounded by 50 wights in one scene and then next scene they are still alive but already moved somewhere else Laughing

Jon going full frank castle infront of visireon in the end screaming at his face. What was he expecting lol?

You have the best war generals around with many men who faced the white walkers previously and this was the plan they came up with? awful.

In terms of all the battles they have done. This is comfortably behind Hardhome, Battle of the bastards and Blackwater.

If you thought the Dorne arc was bad, this ended up being even worse.

Night King in the end served no purpose.

They did as much as they could. Their main ploy was revolved around (like they said during the war council) Bran. That is using him as the bait, distracting the NK and killing him (possibly from behind) which they executed to perfection in the end. And I believe Arya was a major part of that killing part of the plan.

Beyond that, they neither had the knowhow (Well, they may have some best war generals but only Jon and Jorah and Tormund who had fought the wights were part of that meeting, and none of them are good with strategies, remember Jon's stupid ideas during the BoB?, worse only Jon among them had fought a WW) nor the time to put a legit plan in place.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:19 am

Dothraki’s have only been shown to be kind of reckless brutes in the show.

From a consistency point I didn’t mind it.

Just look how Drogo died
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:29 am

Are you mad that every character didn't die, and the Night King didn't win? I thought the danger was plenty considering we've got like 15 dudes left to fight an army of 10.000 German looking rich kids.

I'm just happy we get the personal drama again from next episode. NK was never that interesting to me as a villain because he was never supposed to be more than what he was.

You mean personal drama involving the totally uninteresting Cersei and her boytoy Euron, zombie Mountain and some oil mercenaries opposing the heroes? To think the writers would make Cersei the final boss is just :facepalm:  

And that's my issue with this episode and its ending. Not the fact that they killed off NK after a 9 year build up, not that just like that Winter Has Bloody Come and Gone. Its the thought that we have to view the threat in KL now as even bigger than the threat posed by the White Walkers. Sigh. The fact that a chunk of the remaining three episodes will be devoted to bigging up idiots like Euron, who will probably go on and rape Sansa and kill Arya now.

Last edited by Glory on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:29 am

Damn, this episode is good right now, I’m right at the scene where wights are climbing the walls of Winterfell. Visually stunning and terrifying. :bow:

Berric’s death scene was so well done man, what a great decision to have him lead the Brotherhood rather than Lady Stoneheart. His scenes with The Hound, Melisandre and Arya inside Winterfell were excellent.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:49 am

So yea purely as an experience, as a visceral fking roller coaster of emotions, the episode was simply epic. Top top stuff. The chaos, the fear, the sheer madness were beautifully depicted. It is how it is supposed to be. Fighting the dead.
But beyond that tho. It was a mess sadly. Plot armour was just. lol. How can they show Fat Sam fight and literally lose every single time in every fight and then have him alive in the end, man?
Also Tyrion, why you do these great buildups to characters, make us feel that they are about to do something, something epic and old Game of Thrones-y to only shatter those expectations later. Scrubsa uttered a couple of 'clever' lines and thats it? He is quiet and all obedient? Tyrion Lannister is dead to me now. A character absolutely destroyed if you take his arc from season 1 to season 8.

Anyway, not expecting much now in the last 3 episodes. As aI said, just cant get excited about the prospect of a final battle against ffking Cersei.
Shoutout to Lady Mormont, Berric Dondarion and Melinsssandre. Good to see Arya finishing off NK but it should have been in the last episode, not with three to go.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next