rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 17 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Sun 12 May 2019 - 13:59

Cersei is guaranteed to die, and that in turn dooms Jaime. They came into this world together, they'll leave together. The only way I see him survive is him being the 1000th LC of the Nights Watch. But Nights Watch is done and there is zero reason to have them any more. Wildlings have made peace, White Walkers are done. Unless Bran ominously says "There must always be a Night King" and the White Walkers will eventually return in which case Jaime rebuilds the Nights Watch. Or Jon under his real name.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 17 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Sun 12 May 2019 - 14:10

M99 wrote:Cersei is guaranteed to die, and that in turn dooms Jaime. They came into this world together, they'll leave together. The only way I see him survive is him being the 1000th LC of the Nights Watch. But Nights Watch is done and there is zero reason to have them any more. Wildlings have made peace, White Walkers are done. Unless Bran ominously says "There must always be a Night King" and the White Walkers will eventually return in which case Jaime rebuilds the Nights Watch. Or Jon under his real name.

Yea but that would mean jamie is still oblivious to what Cersei really is. I mean it makes no sense for him to destroy all of his character development just to be with her and them dying together. Specially not after the last 2 years.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 12 May 2019 - 15:40

Since its Ramadan, i'll be staying up so might as well watch this shit, anyone know a good place i can view it online HQ?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 12 May 2019 - 15:54

yea definitely watching the last 2 episodes live.

think urban had the live stream link
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 12 May 2019 - 16:13

I can hook up anyone with a link when it‘s time via PM.

But usually I watch it myself from here.

https://muchoflix.com/

@RG delete if not allowed.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 13 May 2019 - 1:04

Is that HQ?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 13 May 2019 - 2:28

When is it going live?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 May 2019 - 2:53

keep this as backup

http://123tvnow.com/watch/hbo/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 13 May 2019 - 4:30

I mean, I enjoyed it. Pretty obvious this was gonna take place and I liked it.

Of course, I found it so fucking hilarious that the Scorpion bolts needed to be loaded realistically in this episode. It's like an anime I tell you.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 13 May 2019 - 4:49

Just wanna say, I understand finally why D&D said they'll be staying off the net and be very drunk. Oof, could see a lot of folks hating the fk out of this episode.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 May 2019 - 4:49

One of the worst episodes in TV history. Jesus fucking christ. Can't believe what i just watched.

I thought the episode where Sansa was raped was difficult to watch. This was far worse. No idea whose decision was to show 30 minutes of women and children burning/being raped/slaughtered.

Less said about the writing the better.

7 years of character development down the drain for every character in just an hour.

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon 13 May 2019 - 4:58; edited 2 times in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 May 2019 - 4:50

It's so fucking obvious Jon/Arya will kill Daenerys. Will enjoy that moment tbh.

I hope Jon stabs her and says "for the watch"

I mean that's what the show has become so might as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 13 May 2019 - 4:53

Yeah, I get the sheer carnage that takes place in a siege of a city (I mean, history tells us so much bleak tales of this) but, oof, I agree, it was tough to take in but that happens. Just to clarify, I enjoyed the technical aspects of the episode and the acting. I'm not too certain about everything else.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 13 May 2019 - 4:56

Doc wrote:
Of course, I found it so fucking hilarious that the Scorpion bolts needed to be loaded realistically in this episode. It's like an anime I tell you.

Different directors

Really wonder what people will nitpick about this one. Seems pretty tight to me. It was great entertainment.

Cleganebowl was appropriately epic and satisfying.

Thought the scenes with Arya in the crowds were great too

Only major issue really is that the Mad Queen doesn't feel earned, but that's not an issue with this episode but rather the prior ones
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 May 2019 - 5:04

Qyburn's death was hilarious lol. Incredible how loyal he was till the end. Proved to be a better than than Tyrion. Killed by his own creation in the end.

Great character tbh.

It was great entertainment.

The first 20-30 minutes absolutely was. Not sure how the last 40 minutes were entertaining...
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 13 May 2019 - 5:09

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Doc wrote:

Different directors

I know but it doesn't make it any less hilarious. It still has me giggling a bit.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 13 May 2019 - 5:10

They needed to show the brutality of it to justify Jon Snow turning against her in the next episode. Not that it's an excuse or anything, but the plot is driving the show, not the characters.

Also liked how they turned the north men, historically the good guys of the show, into the bad guys as they started literally raping and pillaging Kings Landing. Wonder if there will be any repercussions for that. Probably not.

A but disappointed Jaime did end up going back to Cersei rather than aiming to kill her as we hoped. So I guess brienne was a fling?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon 13 May 2019 - 8:00

Anyone else expecting Jon to kill Dany and say just before "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" just like Ned did in season 1 or is it just me?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 13 May 2019 - 9:15

What a piece of shit of an episode.

I can‘t believe they wasted so much money on crap.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 13 May 2019 - 10:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W8j6wOvxuo
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon 13 May 2019 - 11:14

I can't believe they just turned Dany like that. After helping Jon win his war with her people when she had no reason to. At least it could have been a slow burn like Jaime turning good, not just two episodes.

Speaking of Jaime, so in the end he went back to Cersei and they died together. Umm...what!?

Yeah, pretty hard episode to watch with all the innocent people dying...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 13 May 2019 - 12:27

Meh episode overall.

Find it wild how hyperbolic RG is though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 13 May 2019 - 13:45

rincon wrote:
Jaime isn't leaving her for Cersei ffs. He is going to KL to die killing Cersei.

How I wanted this to be true.

What a shit ending to his arc. Cersei's bitch to the end.

But what pissed me off the most was him telling Tyrion he never cared about the people of Kings Landing. The reason he killed Aerys was because he was going to kill innocents in Kings Landing. The act Jaime became hated for but he regards as his greatest achievement. Everyone thinks it was a selfish act to put the Lannisters in power but it was a selfless act to save innocents at the cost of his honor. And he is saying now he never cared for them, all he cares for is Cersei, fucking wow. Can't wait for the WriteWatch to come out and say "it fits, its a perfect arc if you've been paying attention, he was obviously being sarcastic, stop nitpicking." Peter Dinklage's outstanding acting almost salvaged that though.

I don't even know what to say on Jaime's fight with Euron. That was TERRIBLE. Euron saying lines that rival his legendary "LETS GO MURDER THEM" and him provoking Jaime because by saying he fked Cersei, just terrible. "I killed Jaime Lannister" such cringe.

And now with only one episode left, we can confirm Tyrion is just a bumbling idiot whose every plan failed since he killed his father. And how pointless was Bronn this season? Did they just want to give the actor payday?

Man, remember this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fua7qKNX8T4
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 13 May 2019 - 13:53

These guys are on a mission to ruin every character they built up all these years.

I wonder what next weeks gonna bring? Bronn on the Iron Throne as a man of the people or some shit.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 13 May 2019 - 14:09

Now on the more positive side.

Directing was really well done, if you ignore battle tactics which I learned to. Sapochnik really did well showing the horrors of a siege and Varys's line echoed through, how it is the smallfolk that suffer the most when the high lords play their game of thrones. The Arya scenes were meh, at no point do you feel any tension. You just know she is no real danger.

I think this was it, the third holy shit moment. Daenerys burns Kings Landing, fulfilling her father's plan. This is 100% what GRRM is going to do too on the books. He stated his favorite part of LOTR was Scouring Of The Shire. For those who don't know, the scouring which was cut from the movies, is the hobbits after defeating Sauron is faced with the smaller scale threat of Saruman who has taken over the Shire. The Others won't be defeated in the last chapters, they are GRRM's Sauron and Dany will be his Saruman.

But I trust her madness will be built up and written much better (jk the books are never getting released). Even Jaime may do the same thing but I know it will be written better, probably because it can't be worse. Inside The Episode hearing the writers, they meant Dany's burning to be therapeutic after all she lost. That's just bad. This girl had to smother her catatonic husband once, a few more losses pushing her over the edge is lazy. Inside The Episode said seeing the Red Keep which was taken from her family is what set her off. Then fly and burn Cersei or even Gendry and Sansa because their fathers did it, the innocents? It makes no sense she would just burn them. The girl who took vengeance on the Meereenese after they crucified children now burning children. Now I know why Sapochnik wanted to direct episode 4 too. I think he wanted to build up her madness better.

Cleganebowl was beautifully tragic. Mountain yeeting Qyburn was hilarious rofl Shoutout to Sandor for killing a world record five Kingsguard who had the high ground Laughing :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 13 May 2019 - 14:15

I blame GRRM as well for this shit, this is the ending he envisioned and D&D are the dudes who actually had to put it to paper unlike the old man. Pretty sure it's going to be crap in the books as well, just as the last two books were.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next