rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 25 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:30 am

I just binge watched 5 sessons of GOT, damn this show was good.

Was it season 7 where it went downhill? Season 6 is still prime shit, I'm around where Snow will come back to life.

Also Stannis keeps getting mentioned as the greatest military commander in Westeros but he keeps getting rekt. First by Tyrion and then Ramsay ffs. I guess from past glory, this is as if like you only watched Messi last season and think he's s moderately well off man's Ben Arfa.

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 25 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:43 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
M99 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotnJ7tTA34

My expectations were low considering I don‘t like prequels of pretty much anything, but this looks so freakin’ good… my expectations now are through the roof.

One character I have always been curious about and really wanted to see in GoT or House of the Dragon is Daemon Blackfyre. Too bad we'll probably never see him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:56 am

Vibe wrote:I just binge watched 5 sessons of GOT, damn this show was good.

Was it season 7 where it went downhill? Season 6 is still prime shit, I'm around where Snow will come back to life.

Also Stannis keeps getting mentioned as the greatest military commander in Westeros but he keeps getting rekt. First by Tyrion and then Ramsay ffs. I guess from past glory, this is as if like you only watched Messi last season and think he's s moderately well off man's Ben Arfa.

You know, House Baratheon is definitely one of the dumbest houses in GoT, up there with the Greyjoys, the Freys, The Karstarks and The Tullys.

Stannis in particular has done many things to make him unlikeable, but the funny thing is, he's not even the most unlikable of his house. It goes like this for me in terms of unlikability:

1. Renly: What an absolute pos. Didn't even have a claim to the throne but he went for it all the same. Had he used the two brain cells he had, he would've known that the best thing for their house would be for him to join forces with his brother. But noooo...

2. Robert: Incompetent and hot-headed. Definitely doesn't deserve to be King, and his whole rebellion was based on a lie. A general or a battle commander would suit his character better.

3. Stannis: Dude was willing to do anything to put his ass on the iron throne, even killing his own daughter. But even then, he still is the least unlikable brother of House Baratheon. Just goes to show how unbelievably shitty the other two brothers were Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:52 am

Euron just turned up, and I remembered how we all eagerly anticipated the Kingsmoot, and it turned out to be 20 salty plebs on a beach Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:15 am

Guys I watched the leaked episode Embarassed

But I have no regrets, great quality and the episode was fantastic!

Anyway tomorrow (or tonight?) comes out the full quality episode and I’ll rewatch it of course and post my thoughts.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:18 am

House of the dragon is already out?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:37 am

Myesyats wrote:House of the dragon is already out?

It’s not out yet, but yeah the first episode got leaked.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:08 am

Man how is HBO the only one that has leaked episodes Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:37 am

IIrc it comes out tonight. Due to time differences I'll end up watching it Monday after work.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:18 pm

Man I'm feeling nostalgic with a GOT episode leaking. Remember the days we watched Barristan Selmy get shanked in 360p four weeks before it aired? Good times.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Solid first episode. This resembled the quality of GOT's mid seasons than its latter or earlier ones.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:31 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Day: will wait for the entire season out before deciding. Unless GL goes crazy and I feel like I need to be part of the weekly conversations Laughing
Nearly everyone one of my friend groups is now talking about this. Guess I'm back on board!

But won't be able to watch for 3ish weeks so I'll stay away for a bit
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:47 am

I dont understand day 1 watchers tbh, i personally wait until the entire season is out and then some until I'm in the right headspace to dive in Laughing

it sucks though because then you're kinda left out from the discussion
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:05 am

Delivered what only GOT can, makes every fantasy show ever made look cheap Laughing

Fantastic first episode. Tense and interesting from the get go.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:19 am

Watched the first episode, it was alright but i think the universe is marred by how GoT ended. I really hope it turns out better than GoT did, lets see.

Still getting nostalgic over GoT, man was it peak television history.

By far my most favorite episode ever.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:42 am

it was the best cinematic moment on the show yea

but there were more vivid narrative moments that stood out to me:
Ned's death
Red Wedding
Viper vs the Mountain
Drogos death
"Dracarys"
Jaime's arc
Stannis and his dark magic with the red woman

and im sure im forgetting more
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:13 pm

And just like that, we’re all pulled in with ease.

rincon wrote:Delivered what only GOT can, makes every fantasy show ever made look cheap Laughing

Fantastic first episode. Tense and interesting from the get go.
I dread Rings of Power being mediocre.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25