rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:44 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 TYhDPbq1snuFfSp89OiE5EiHI__bvo0byeOBixDa7LQ

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 BZboXsUfUCwr4PSg9uzlmQ9a7b1yImmQWveiUSqMgqg

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 Azgtmfgifav21

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 LL2Gyf0

Confirmed! Podric has special powers. Everyone who listened to his song got Health +100, Aura of Protection, Glyph of Warding, True Strike on Primary Weapon, Chance of Critical Strike +50%, Disguise Self, Heroism and Stinking Cloud. What a bard, what a bard!

Lol just realized everyone in the fireplace survived. Pod :bow:

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Freeza wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Um the red wedding? Joffrey being killed at the height of his power?

Joffrey being killed didn't come as a surprise did it? Mainly because it was widely spoiled.

Also a villain. I meant main characters as in protagonists.

I consider those to be Jon, Tyrion, Dany, Arya and to a slightly lesser extent Sansa and Robb.

How was Robb a lesser character than Jon in the beginning? The only character who was bigger than Robb was well, Arya I think.  Jon came to prominence only later. And no one cared about Sansa in the beginning either, especially after seeing she was madly in love with psychopathic Joffrey.
Catelyn, Ygritte and to a lesser extend also Robb’s wife were important main characters (well, until they died) too.
I am talking about the case of Non book readers btw, like myself.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:26 pm

Woah! I've just read the last couple of pages and I wanted to say I loved the discussions. I also liked and agreed with many of the perspectives presented and the points made. Thanks GL! Molenation
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:34 pm

Pretty much agree with everything M99 has posted since the episode dropped including both those r/got quotes.

But you know what, it's over now. It could have been so much better if the writers just conceptualised everything smarter. But we still have a few things to look forward to like how Cersei will die, the resolution of Jon's parentage between him and Dany, and Cleganebowl. I would have liked for far more wilder surprises, deaths and connections in terms of "subverting the expectations" but obviously that's not happening knowing the direction this series has been going for the past 4 seasons and they're just playing things relatively safe.

Only thing that can still save the ending for me is Sansa secretly killing Dany for the throne Very Happy but of course not even holding my breath for that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Also can we acknowledge the genius of Ramin Djawadi ?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm

Lucifer wrote:Also can we acknowledge the genius of Ramin Djawadi ?

Yup, the soundtrack is fantastic. Love that piece when Night King is on the screen.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:46 pm

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/player-ratings-for-game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell-229662
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:50 pm

"The Red Priestess has endured heaps of criticism since her controversial free transfer move to Winterfell" Laughing Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Pretty sure the giant wasn't wun wun. Wasn't he burned after battle of the basterds?

Also Jon might not have been at his best. But he and Dany basically stopped the ice dragon. Without them doing that the entire god damn fight would've been over in an instant.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:10 pm

My TOTW

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 Lineup10

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:17 pm

Greyworm deserved a place in defence over Davos. He was the main protector of the gate and did better than most.

Davos cooked soup and creeped on Arya.

Also Theon on two spots? hmm

Or did you mean greyworm in defense and not greyjoy? In that case we agree and I wrote a paragraph for nothing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:20 pm

Freeza wrote:Greyworm deserved a place in defence over Davos. He was the main protector of the gate and did better than most.

Davos cooked soup and creeped on Arya.

Also Theon on two spots? hmm

Or did you mean greyworm in defense and not greyjoy? In that case we agree and I wrote a paragraph for nothing.

This. Fucking auto correct Mad

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Might have put Jon and Dany on the "wings" hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:28 pm

Freeza wrote:Might have put Jon and Dany on the "wings" hmm

Was pondering about it but then they hardly did any meaningful play. They started the attack but got lost in final third and never tracked back. Did some some fancy manoeuvres but exposed the entire defence.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:31 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Freeza wrote:Might have put Jon and Dany on the "wings" hmm

Was pondering about it but then they hardly did any meaningful play. They started the attack but got lost in final third and never tracked back. Did some some fancy manoeuvres but exposed the entire defence.

They broke Dragon-Messi's neck tbf.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:57 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up before but just noticed right before Arya makes the jump the camera glances at a white walker who looks over to his right towards the camera so perhaps Arya wore this white walkers' face and thus could get so close to the NK with nobody noticing?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Lucifer wrote:I would have liked it much more if Arya was not shown in entire episode, protecting Bran and ambushing NK with bow and arrow tied with the dagger from vantage point. Knowing the fact that he will come for Bran sooner or later. That matrixesque jump was too much for me to digest.

Arya should've faceless man'd her way there and then no one would have a problem, it would be in-universe consistent. A 30 meter jump less so.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:47 pm

Myesyats wrote:Not sure if this has been brought up before but just noticed right before Arya makes the jump the camera glances at a white walker who looks over to his right towards the camera so perhaps Arya wore this white walkers' face and thus could get so close to the NK with nobody noticing?

Now you're just assuming, why not clearly show us that then
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 01, 2019 8:18 am

How will she even wear the face? Killing one of them shatters them, no way to cut off their face.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 01, 2019 8:36 am

Maybe I'm wrong but the way I saw it was that Arya thought she was being sneaky without the WW face or any face but the Night King saw her from way back and allowed her to get close because he's a cocky bastard and the reason why he reacts so well to her jump. He thought he had her until the knife trick.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 01, 2019 9:01 am

They spent 10 minutes setting up they react to sound, and that Arya can move without making any sound at all.

She snuck past them without making a sound and jumped, and then the NK sensed her.

That's what unquestionably happened. You can disagree with the choice, but that's what they set up, and it paid off.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed May 01, 2019 9:07 am

Interesting theory from ideasoficeandfire yt guy
Bran warging to ravens and flying to NK was actually for communicating something. May be to tell him how to make the wights cross the lit trenches? hmm Otherwise what was the purpose of that warging anyway?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 01, 2019 9:12 am

Well, this episode is not as liked by the masses as I thought it was.

Not gonna mention other people I know both casuals and hardcore being disappointed, that is purely anecdotal, but it is the second lowest rated episode in the show's history among critics. The first being Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. I fondly remember being told to get my head out of my ass in this thread for saying it sucked.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 am

M99 wrote:Well, this episode is not as liked by the masses as I thought it was.

Not gonna mention other people I know both casuals and hardcore being disappointed, that is purely anecdotal, but it is the second lowest rated episode in the show's history among critics. The first being Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. I fondly remember being told to get my head out of my ass in this thread for saying it sucked.

Third lowest rotten tomatoes. But that's at a 78%. So yeah, that's not sucking Laughing So you don't have to remove the head quite yet, Mr. Hyperbole.

And going by the masses. Using Imdb like people did when calling Ozymandias the greatest episode of television ever, then this one is sitting at a 9.1.

I think a lot of the hate has to do with the darkness of the episode. That's mainly what I've heard.

The only one (anecdotal) I've heard who didn't fancy the episode on anything other than the darkness, was a critic friend of mine.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Ummm what are you on about. Ozymandias is the greatest episode of TV ever. Is the even a debate?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 01, 2019 1:00 pm

I am talking about Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken not this episode. I criticised aspects of that episode which were widely criticized as well at the time, hence the lower than the high reviews the show got in average. And I directly got told to stop complaining and to get my head out of my ass. I said I liked this episode as well (its at 75%), being a big fan of some of the directing and music, overall I would rate it around 7-7.5/10.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next