Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
32 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Boxing thread - Part 2 Empty Boxing thread - Part 2

Post by RealGunner Sun May 08, 2016 9:40 am

What a KO lmao. One of the best punches I've seen in recent years

Well done to Khan for taking it to 6 rounds though. Could have won on points if he had Mayweather's intelligence and concentration
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Boxing thread - Part 2 Empty Re: Boxing thread - Part 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 08, 2016 9:50 am

Gonna say Khan had the right gameplan until he got knocked the *bleep* out lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 08, 2016 9:52 am

That saying "Punching above his weight" applies so well to him here lol

GGG vs Canelo :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 08, 2016 10:52 am

Ed Sheeran really punched Muhammad Hassan out there.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Multiple news sources say Muhammad Ali has been placed on life support & his family has been told the "end is near."

Sad Sad Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Multiple news sources say Muhammad Ali has been placed on life support & his family has been told the "end is near."

Sad Sad Sad
very sad news. but I never had much respect for the man. all the same I wish him well.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:39 am

RIP Ali.

One of the biggest legends in the history of sport.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Unique wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Multiple news sources say Muhammad Ali has been placed on life support & his family has been told the "end is near."

Sad Sad Sad
very sad news. but I never had much respect for the man. all the same I wish him well.

Why didnt you have respect for him? I could see if you were an American who was drafted to Vietnam and felt a bit sore about a famous guy not going, but as a non American surely he is only an inspiration? He was a guy who gave up everything for his unpopular beliefs, which history have proven he was more right than wrong on. LBJ's war in Vietnam was based on greed and imperialism, and he was right to refuse to go.

You can respect the guy without liking him too. I don't like the way he did Frazier, who despite how the media showed it, was his friend and a big help to him and his family when he was exiled from Boxing. The man wasn't perfect, but he pretty much has to be respected for what he was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:42 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Unique wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

Why didnt you have respect for him? I could see if you were an American who was drafted to Vietnam and felt a bit sore about a famous guy not going, but as a non American surely he is only an inspiration? He was a guy who gave up everything for his unpopular beliefs, which history have proven he was more right than wrong on. LBJ's war in Vietnam was based on greed and imperialism, and he was right to refuse to go.

You can respect the guy without liking him too. I don't like the way he did Frazier, who despite how the media showed it, was his friend and a big help to him and his family when he was exiled from Boxing. The man wasn't perfect, but he pretty much has to be respected for what he was.
he loved America and the American people when they were making him rich and famous. But as soon as America asked for something back he turned his back on them. What was it he said. No viet cong ever called me *bleep*. So was America calling him *bleep* and if so why smile and take the money. He changed his name and his religion to get out of giving something back to a country that gave him everything. And I don't have to be American to lose respect for him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:56 pm

Unique wrote: he loved America and the American people when they were making him rich and famous.

No he didnt. He grew up in the south where racial discrimination against people like him was not only accepted, but actual law. He was a second class citizen by law in his hometown, and large portions of this country, until he was 22 years old.

After he won a gold medal in 1960, he went back to his hometown and was refused service inside of a diner. He threw his gold medal away after this.

Unique wrote:But as soon as America asked for something back he turned his back on them. What was it he said. No viet cong ever called me *bleep*. So was America calling him *bleep* and if so why smile and take the money. He changed his name and his religion to get out of giving something back to a country that gave him everything. And I don't have to be American to lose respect for him.

The thing is he never turned his back on America. He was just sore because he wasn't afforded the same respect and dignity that was to be expected as a youth and man. He was also right why would he go fight imperialism in Asia when he was less than back home? Remember when he refused the draft America actually had an avowed segregationist as a legitimate contender for president. Why would he want to fight for that?

You wouldnt accept being a second class citizen in England, so why would you expect the same from him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:26 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Unique wrote: he loved America and the American people when they were making him rich and famous.

No he didnt. He grew up in the south where racial discrimination against people like him was not only accepted, but actual law. He was a second class citizen by law in his hometown, and large portions of this country, until he was 22 years old.

After he won a gold medal in 1960, he went back to his hometown and was refused service inside of a diner. He threw his gold medal away after this.

Unique wrote:But as soon as America asked for something back he turned his back on them. What was it he said. No viet cong ever called me *bleep*. So was America calling him *bleep* and if so why smile and take the money. He changed his name and his religion to get out of giving something back to a country that gave him everything. And I don't have to be American to lose respect for him.

The thing is he never turned his back on America. He was just sore because he wasn't afforded the same respect and dignity that was to be expected as a youth and man. He was also right why would he go fight imperialism in Asia when he was less than back home? Remember when he refused the draft America actually had an avowed segregationist as a legitimate contender for president. Why would he want to fight for that?

You wouldnt accept being a second class citizen in England, so why would you expect the same from him?
but he was happy to smile and take the money. He was happy to entertain a country that treated him as a 2nd class citizen as long as the price is right.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

but he was happy to smile and take the money. He was happy to entertain a country that treated him as a 2nd class citizen as long as the price is right.

What does him taking money, from private companies and organizations, have to do with him not accepting being a second class citizen?

I could see your point if he was working for the US government, but he worked for private companies. There is no government ownership of private companies in America.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:04 pm

JoshuaWinsLOL
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:19 am

So triple g and canelo won't happen this year. Canelo can fight someone 20 lbs lighter like khan and still get outboxed before the no. No wonder he didn't fight golovkin
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:37 pm

Canelo is the biggest hype job ever, Oscar is just protecting his stock unfortunately.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:55 pm

prediction. Brook getting KO within 6 rounds
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:07 pm

GGG to win in 4.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Brook looks so scared lol. Nowhere near in GGG's league.

inb4 upset
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:17 pm

Pretty good response from brook. Great fight so far. Atmosphere is insane
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Fantastic fight
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:25 pm

These sky commentators are so biased
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:28 pm

LMAO GGG U ABSOLUTE BEAST rofl rofl

Let Brook have a bit of fun and then went all in.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:32 pm

A young Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn would have took GGG to school
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN