urbaNRoots
Freeza
RealGunner
breva
Mr Nick09
46 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Donnarumma makes his fortune at PSG - Page 7 Empty Re: Donnarumma makes his fortune at PSG

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Nobody is a slave to any club.... just like an employee isn't a slave to a company.

He had a contract.  He played his contract out.  He decided to leave.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.  If he wasn't good enough, AC Milan would have cut him loose when he was 12 years old and every year thereafter until he was under contract.  Even under contract, AC Milan would have sent him on loan to Sassualo if they so chose.  

This "he owes the club" nonsense needs to stop.

Come on, you are smarter than this.

It is obvious that there is a moral obligation for players towards their clubs, expect their youth clubs. A player doesn't independently become a superstar, and they get the massive wages and exposure in a symbiotic relationship with the club.

Sure, unless it's contractually minted, players can move for free to try and maximize their wages, but it's typical that many players try and get some benefit to their clubs as well. This was a case of Raiola asking for a 16mill bonus renewal fee.

"Slaves" Laughing

These are some of the highest paid people in the world because of fans of the game. It is ridiculous for fans to remove their own entitlement of the player's fame. Dollarumma would just be discovered now if he was playing for Spezia's youth instead of Milan's.

Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Donnarumma makes his fortune at PSG - Page 7 Empty Re: Donnarumma makes his fortune at PSG

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:15 pm

[quote="rincon"][quote="Lord Spencer"]
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Messi just this summer

Messi is 34 and didn't want to leave. He was either forced out by Barça or couldn't be renewed by them.

Not even remotely a close situation.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:And Mbappe coming up... although that's all on PSG.

Mbappe was a Monaco youth project though. He got Monaco an extensive transfer fee. In this case, he asked to leave and said he wouldn't renew. He didn't promise to renew if PSG win the CL for example.

So PSG had the choice of cashing in or keeping him, with clear indication from Mbappe.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he renews with a small release clause just so that PSG get some transfer fee.

In the entire Saga, he was being clear and trying to get some value for PSG. No reason for any PSG fan to feel betrayed.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:26 pm

Yeah I mean Raiola is a c--t. There's no denying that and it should be expected.

I wouldn't blame Donnarrumma completely. He's still only 22 and was likely advised to behave this way.

Reminds me of how a young Pogba (18 yo granted) left Man U and there was bad blood between Alex Ferguson & Pogba/Raiola despite Pogba loving both Man U and Sir Alex.

That fat cow has a way of muddying every water. I fear for Haaland tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:36 pm

farfan wrote:Tbf he was acting too high and mighty for a mere GK hmm

I know a world-class GK can make or break a team, but the drop-off in quality between a great goalkeeper like Donnarumma and a good one like Maignan isn't as consequential as replacing a 30 goals/season striker with an 18 goals/season striker.

I said the same thing a few pages back. Honestly, underdog teams don't normally win league titles unless they have a capable goalie backing them. It took me one youtube comp to realize we replaced the best goalie in the league with someone who will be the best in the league too.

I don't care about Dollaruma. I'm not naive enough to think players these days think they have any sort of moral obligation to their clubs. A footballer's career is short and they are going to chase as much money as possible. Yes, he's rich enough to the extent that a few extra millions won't impact his way of living, but with Raiola as his agent what do you expect?

It's our fault for paying a 17-year-old 6M per year. I don't know what they would've expected in the next contract negotiations. If we had re-signed him for 12M he would've asked for 18M in 5 years anyway. He and his agent were going to put us through the wringer with every contract negotiation.

Maignan isn't a noticeable drop-off in quality and he doesn't bring any of the drama. It was time to move on. Good riddance.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:Yeah I mean Raiola is a c--t. There's no denying that and it should be expected.

I wouldn't blame Donnarrumma completely. He's still only 22 and was likely advised to behave this way.

Reminds me of how a young Pogba (18 yo granted) left Man U and there was bad blood between Alex Ferguson & Pogba/Raiola despite Pogba loving both Man U and Sir Alex.

That fat cow has a way of muddying every water. I fear for Haaland tbh.

There are rumours that he's trying to make Haaland the highest-paid player in the world. I'm hearing 50M per year salary LMFAO.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:42 am

adun101 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

In total, Milan spent over 50 Million Euros on this guy and his brother, and that's before we put into account the fact that he came through our youth ranks, and got his reputation through playing with Milan. He wouldn't get the same exposure if he was playing for freaking Spezia even if Milan were in decline when he came up.

Sure, we feel entitled to recoup some of the investment we had with the player, and I think it goes beyond the field performances, which would have been the same if we sold him a year earlier and invested that money. Instead, the club hoped to convince him to stay with CL football (which he said he would stay for) and become a legend of his hometown club. Instead, he tries for a 12Million a year salary and a massive bonus for his agent (why pay a transfer fee to a freaking agent) along with a pension for his useless brother.

Robes mentioned Figo above, but that was 62 Million Euros transfer which was a record fee. Sure, it was a betrayal to the fans, but Barca was not left with nothing in return.

I am not sure there is a single case where a potentially 50-60 Million Euros player went for free, and that's why it is a very big betrayal. He could have renewed to with a minuscule buy-out clause just for the club to recoup some value out of him.

Maybe I am wrong, but please try and suggest a fiscally bigger betrayal (not only emotionally big).

The guy got you in to the CL, I'd say he repaid that investment with interest

Would be interesting if Milan make the CL after this season. I wonder if this would still hold water...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:22 am

'Got us in CL' Laughing

He contributed but he wasn't the sole reason.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Benched tonight
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:46 am

Navas still boss. Glad to see him alongside Messi for once actually Very Happy

I think the 2 GKs r just gonna keep rotating for games though surely.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:30 am

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:47 am

Admittedly he was solid at the Euros but whenever I've seen him in club football he seems shaky and very much not confidence inspiring hmm I prefer keylor
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:33 am

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:17 am

looks pretty parabile to me
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Awful camera work

Keylor>
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:32 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:54 pm

Overrated turd piece of shit

Single-handedly brought Benzema back to life

So so glad we dodged this bullet
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:56 pm

Unbelievable. And meanwhile navas is on the bench?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:58 pm

Only reason he got so hyped was because he made his debut at 16. Good keeper but never extraordinary like Oblak, Courtois, Ramsdale etc
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:00 pm

PSG created this situation.

Both Dollarumma and Navas (who also had some high profile mistakes) are unsettled as a result.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:00 pm

Benzema the goat does that to keepers.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:07 pm

That's a foul on dollaruma, no?
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:11 pm

Myesyats wrote:That's a foul on dollaruma, no?

Not really. The contact was created through Dollarumma's shooting action, Benz was applying body pressure. It's a grey area IMO, but the ref didn't give those kinds of contacts as fouls all match, and the GK doesn't get any extra protection in the ground.

If it was a clear foul, VAR would have intervened.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:11 pm

All pressure. Always knew this guy sucks.

"I dreamt of playing for PSG" what kind of moron believes that? who wants to play for them?

Should have stayed at Milan and believed in their project

Betting right now that Milan will win a CL before PSG
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:Only reason he got so hyped was because he made his debut at 16. Good keeper but never extraordinary like Oblak, Courtois, Ramsdale etc
Nice sneak Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next