urbaNRoots
Freeza
RealGunner
breva
Mr Nick09
46 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Donnarumma makes his fortune at PSG - Page 6 Empty Re: Donnarumma makes his fortune at PSG

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:48 am

2nd league start today, yellow card and 2 goals conceded

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Donnarumma makes his fortune at PSG - Page 6 Empty Re: Donnarumma makes his fortune at PSG

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:03 am

Navas still being unfairly treated despite being the best GK, nothing new Razz I thought they were splitting the games league vs cups, seems not. Navas should start.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:59 am

Kaladin wrote:2nd league start today, yellow card and 2 goals conceded

Another disasterclass, with the way things are going, the PSG transfer might be the worst career decision made.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:28 am

Thibu >>>>>>>>
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:21 am

So now Milan fans have decided that he is not great ? Laughing

anyway when I've read new Mussolini I expected to see him pside down
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:05 am

Dollarumma may potentially become the best GK in the world, but he still had too many flaws to his game yet, which can probably be ironed out with age.

Leaving Milan doesn't change that fact.

Still probably is the most traitorous footballer ever. Milan didn't get a single penny from this bastard despite paying him millions and elevating his worth.

Robes say he was responsible for getting us to the CL, which is partially correct. If we sold him, we would have still gotten to the CL with the GK and players we could have bought.

I don't remember such an absolute snake in any other football club (even players that really wanted to leave still got some compensation for their clubs).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:27 am

Nah football is full of traitors or players who have unfair behaviour towards own club. Donnarumma is essentially the 2nd thing. But he didn't join Inter. He is not Figo who goes to Real.
He's joined in France, in one of best clubs in the world (the favorite club for winning Champions League !.) and he got the double of salary.
Surely Milan fans' hatread is legitimate but  story of modern football is full of players who choose exclusively own interests (on a free transfer) and I've seen worst traitors than him
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:43 am

The level of entitlement Laughing why is Milan entitled to make a transfer fee from him? He gave you a fairly successful year (by recent standards) with that year. Don't his contributions on the pitch matter more than the transfer fee you didn't get?

And there have definitely been way worse betrayals Laughing this doesn't even crack the top 20.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:07 am

Honestly think Navas will bench him in big CL games. You can see Neymar and co bitching at Dollaruma for his distribution during PSG matches. Dollaruma is literally a 2/10 on the ball. If PSG ever has its back against the wall you can't rely on him to bring you out of the press.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The level of entitlement Laughing why is Milan entitled to make a transfer fee from him? He gave you a fairly successful year (by recent standards) with that year. Don't his contributions on the pitch matter more than the transfer fee you didn't get?

And there have definitely been way worse betrayals Laughing this doesn't even crack the top 20.

In total, Milan spent over 50 Million Euros on this guy and his brother, and that's before we put into account the fact that he came through our youth ranks, and got his reputation through playing with Milan. He wouldn't get the same exposure if he was playing for freaking Spezia even if Milan were in decline when he came up.

Sure, we feel entitled to recoup some of the investment we had with the player, and I think it goes beyond the field performances, which would have been the same if we sold him a year earlier and invested that money. Instead, the club hoped to convince him to stay with CL football (which he said he would stay for) and become a legend of his hometown club. Instead, he tries for a 12Million a year salary and a massive bonus for his agent (why pay a transfer fee to a freaking agent) along with a pension for his useless brother.

Robes mentioned Figo above, but that was 62 Million Euros transfer which was a record fee. Sure, it was a betrayal to the fans, but Barca was not left with nothing in return.

I am not sure there is a single case where a potentially 50-60 Million Euros player went for free, and that's why it is a very big betrayal. He could have renewed to with a minuscule buy-out clause just for the club to recoup some value out of him.

Maybe I am wrong, but please try and suggest a fiscally bigger betrayal (not only emotionally big).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The level of entitlement Laughing why is Milan entitled to make a transfer fee from him? He gave you a fairly successful year (by recent standards) with that year. Don't his contributions on the pitch matter more than the transfer fee you didn't get?

I really don't care about earning a return on him Laughing

The fact that we gave him a debut at age 16, and made him the best paid 18 year old in the planet (and history) as well as one of the higgest paid players in the league, all the more over we had his Serie D quality brother in the roster earning a million a year.

We even made a more considerable offer for his renewal if you can believe that, but he opted to go for even more big money, citing that he has big dreams and wants to be in the pinnacle of football (you'd think he's 31 and at the twilight of his career)

In the end Raiola played him like a pawn, everyone knows his rapport with PSG and Leonardo. Milan fans are very much in the right to despise him, when the club has shown loyalty to him, all he has shown is greed. The jeers yesterday and the whistles were warranted, and i surmise this will continue everytime he shows up in the San Siro.

He made his bed, now he has to lie in it.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:27 pm

It didn't hurt when Dollar left despite how is basically the best GK in the world as I was sick of him holding Milan hostage at least 2 years ago whilst reaffirming his love for the club again and again with what has turned out to be, a ridiculously punchable face.

We have no obligation to like him as performing for the club is an obligation especially when you're getting a pay rise annually.

Nobody cares that he is gone more so given we have Mañana as our GK who is already proving to be a wonder meanwhile Dollar is warming a bench vs Dunkerque. He can fuck off for all I care.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:13 am

Tbf he was acting too high and mighty for a mere GK hmm

I know a world-class GK can make or break a team, but the drop-off in quality between a great goalkeeper like Donnarumma and a good one like Maignan isn't as consequential as replacing a 30 goals/season striker with an 18 goals/season striker.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:51 am

The one area where Donnarumma is irreplaceable is PK kick save rate. Wasn't it 60% or something insane like that? That's unbelievable. Sooner or later, you're going to have a key PK or shootout that will decide a tournament.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:37 am

I suppose what I struggle with is how did the Milan negotiators allow themselves to be taken this badly by a kid and an agent they knew to be slimy AF?

The anger at Donnarumma is understood. I just think some culpability lies with Milan on this as well. I think romanticism got in the way of common sense. Donnarumma and Raiola took advantage of that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:38 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:The  level of entitlement Laughing why is Milan entitled to make a transfer fee from him? He gave you a fairly successful year (by recent standards)  with that year. Don't his contributions on the pitch matter more than the transfer fee you didn't get?

In total, Milan spent over 50 Million Euros on this guy and his brother, and that's before we put into account the fact that he came through our youth ranks, and got his reputation through playing with Milan. He wouldn't get the same exposure if he was playing for freaking Spezia even if Milan were in decline when he came up.

Sure, we feel entitled to recoup some of the investment we had with the player, and I think it goes beyond the field performances, which would have been the same if we sold him a year earlier and invested that money. Instead, the club hoped to convince him to stay with CL football (which he said he would stay for) and become a legend of his hometown club. Instead, he tries for a 12Million a year salary and a massive bonus for his agent (why pay a transfer fee to a freaking agent) along with a pension for his useless brother.

Robes mentioned Figo above, but that was  62 Million Euros transfer which was a record fee. Sure, it was a betrayal to the fans, but Barca was not left with nothing in return.

I am not sure there is a single case where a potentially 50-60 Million Euros player went for free, and that's why it is a very big betrayal. He could have renewed to with a minuscule buy-out clause just for the club to recoup some value out of him.

Maybe I am wrong, but please try and suggest a fiscally bigger betrayal (not only emotionally big).

It's a well known fact that if you have a player on his last year of contract you offload him to avoid this situation. The Milan leadership hoping for the CL and praying for the best is on them, they allowed him to walk on free. The move would've been to renew him and offer him a low buyout fee if the club didn't make CL football.

Also, exposure Laughing Fiscally bigger betrayal Laughing Come on man, you knew his agent was Raiola and decided to bank on feelings and "wanting to be a legend for his hometown team".

At the end he is a professional and was contract free. Milan were not able to pay as much as the competition and offered him below-market wages. Does anyone think he made the wrong move from a career perspective?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:43 am

Kaladin wrote:

I really don't care about earning a return on him Laughing

The fact that we gave him a debut at age 16, and made him the best paid 18 year old in the planet (and history) as well as one of the higgest paid players in the league, all the more over we had his Serie D quality brother in the roster earning a million a year.

We even made a more considerable offer for his renewal if you can believe that, but he opted to go for even more big money, citing that he has big dreams and wants to be in the pinnacle of football (you'd think he's 31 and at the twilight of his career)

In the end Raiola played him like a pawn, everyone knows his rapport with PSG and Leonardo. Milan fans are very much in the right to despise him, when the club has shown loyalty to him, all he has shown is greed. The jeers yesterday and the whistles were warranted, and i surmise this will continue everytime he shows up in the San Siro.

He made his bed, now he has to lie in it.

Sure, if he spent his time running his mouth about how much he loves AC Milan and then chose money over club then fans have a legitimate claim to feel aggrieved. Just don't think fans should be upset that the club didn't get a transfer fee and rather be upfront and say "We don't like him because he's a two faced ass", which is a perfectly reasonable stance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:03 am

Nobody is a slave to any club.... just like an employee isn't a slave to a company.

He had a contract.  He played his contract out.  He decided to leave.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.  If he wasn't good enough, AC Milan would have cut him loose when he was 12 years old and every year thereafter until he was under contract.  Even under contract, AC Milan would have sent him on loan to Sassualo if they so chose.  

This "he owes the club" nonsense needs to stop.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:26 am

Nobody 'owes' anyone anything, yet the way he went about this ordeal is distasteful, to say the least, to the club which has given him the opportunity to be where he is today and disgraceful. We've had better players leaving to better teams and are still loved by the fans and club.

He is spineless and behest at the whims of his agent, we even have Ibra in the squad and has the same agent as him, get his shit done when his contract was about to expire Laughing . Levels.

In the end he was playing for a significant pay-rise and hefty agent commissizione, then when Maldini called him and told him listen mate, we're getting Maignan, the bomb was dropped.

In the end, he is warming the bench for PSG to a more proven and esteemed goalie who has won everything. Whilst Big Nose can play against ASSE Olympique Château on Friday nights and concede the same near-post goals he's been conceding for the past 3 years, all the while striking the ball into Row Z with his distribution.

Funnily enough, we have a PSG youth product between the sticks, and if im being honest, based off everything so far. I'm not even sure if we downgraded, in fact, we might've even upgraded Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:59 am

Lord Spencer wrote:

Robes mentioned Figo above, but that was 62 Million Euros transfer which was a record fee. Sure, it was a betrayal to the fans, but Barca was not left with nothing in return.

The guy got you in to the CL, I'd say he repaid that investment with interest
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:37 am

He's not warming the bench at PSG. He was the starter against City. They're splitting time with Navas.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:53 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:The  level of entitlement Laughing why is Milan entitled to make a transfer fee from him? He gave you a fairly successful year (by recent standards)  with that year. Don't his contributions on the pitch matter more than the transfer fee you didn't get?

Robes mentioned Figo above, but that was  62 Million Euros transfer which was a record fee. Sure, it was a betrayal to the fans, but Barca was not left with nothing in return.

It's a well known fact that if you have a player on his last year of contract you offload him to avoid this situation. The Milan leadership hoping for the CL and praying for the best is on them, they allowed him to walk on free. The move would've been to renew him and offer him a low buyout fee if the club didn't make CL football.

Also, exposure Laughing Fiscally bigger betrayal Laughing Come on man, you knew his agent was Raiola and decided to bank on feelings and "wanting to be a legend for his hometown team".

At the end he is a professional and was contract free. Milan were not able to pay as much as the competition and offered him below-market wages. Does anyone think he made the wrong move from a career perspective?

How the hell is 8 million a season with bonuses "below market wages" for a GK. He has been the highest paid player in the squad for the past five years, and was the probably the highest paid teenage footballer ever.

Sure, the club was wrong in trusting his words that he would renew if we get the CL, and probably should have cashed in. But the club being stupid does not absolve the player from being a shot person and an ungrateful asshole.

You can't name any case even remotely similar to the massive potential losses from such a move, because even the most public of break-ups at least had some transfer fees. I don't think there is a song instant before where an agent demanded a 16mill bonus fee for player renewal.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:00 am

adun101 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

The guy got you in to the CL, I'd say he repaid that investment with interest

He would be a GK just being discovered now of we didn't raise his stock to high heaven by starting him at 16. He was always good, but not something e couldn't replace by selling him.

We would have gotten to the CL if we sold him for 50milll euros last year and invested it back on the squad.

Of course, these are hypotheticals. In reality, he is worth much more than free in the transfer market, and we didn't get anything from him. I don't recall any Juve or Inter player of similar caliber ever doing something like this.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:01 am

[quote="Lord Spencer"][quote="BarrileteCosmico"]
Lord Spencer wrote:
You can't name any case even remotely similar to the massive potential losses from such a move, because even the most public of break-ups at least had some transfer fees.

Messi just this summer
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:10 am

And Mbappe coming up... although that's all on PSG.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:14 am

sportsczy wrote:Nobody is a slave to any club.... just like an employee isn't a slave to a company.

He had a contract.  He played his contract out.  He decided to leave.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.  If he wasn't good enough, AC Milan would have cut him loose when he was 12 years old and every year thereafter until he was under contract.  Even under contract, AC Milan would have sent him on loan to Sassualo if they so chose.  

This "he owes the club" nonsense needs to stop.

Come on, you are smarter than this.

It is obvious that there is a moral obligation for players towards their clubs, expect their youth clubs. A player doesn't independently become a superstar, and they get the massive wages and exposure in a symbiotic relationship with the club.

Sure, unless it's contractually minted, players can move for free to try and maximize their wages, but it's typical that many players try and get some benefit to their clubs as well. This was a case of Raiola asking for a 16mill bonus renewal fee.

"Slaves" Laughing

These are some of the highest paid people in the world because of fans of the game. It is ridiculous for fans to remove their own entitlement of the player's fame. Dollarumma would just be discovered now if he was playing for Spezia's youth instead of Milan's.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next