iftikhar
Unique
Curtinho
Nishankly
McAgger
11 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance  - Page 7 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Unique wrote:
iftikhar wrote:We are going to bid 70 mil (60 mil + add ons) for Naby, apparently it's legit.
klopp must want him bad Very Happy

You pay what you have to for a transcendent talent. Same goes for VVD. As long as the money's there, and it's not financially crippling, I don't give two hoots what the fee is. Let it be 140m each for all I care, as long as the club is being responsible.

Helmer wrote:I am getting worried about our transfer window again. We desperately need Keita/someone similar in this window. Our midfield is the weakest among top 6 imo.
First off, really...? The midfield is our weakness? I actually think it's one of our strengths. Even without Keita, our first choice midfield is pretty stacked: Coutinho, Wijnaldum, and Can is well-balanced, controlling, creative, and underrated defensively. THe backup three aren't a huge step down, either. I'm very comfortable with Lallana, Grujic, and Henderson filling in at any point. (Obviously, I'd be least comfortable with Grujic, but I think he'll come on leaps and bounds this season.) I've always felt that Keita was a target of opportunity, rather than need. We don't NEED him, as Gini from last season is a pretty similar player. Moreover, Gini is very good. He's jus not transcendent.

As for transfers on the whole...
Think about this: how many legitimate alternatives for VVD and Keita have we seen linked? Obviously, both clubs are taking a very hard-line stance in public. However, if that were true, wouldn't the club be moving on? Just look at last summer. We missed out on Dahoud, we got Gini. We missed out on Götze, we got Mané. We ran into insurmountable obstacles with the selling club and moved on. We're not doing that this summer (at least not yet). To me, this suggests that the deals are impossible.

Will we get them over the line? Who knows. But, we don't appear to be out of the race, yet. Moreover, we're likely not eager to move on, as there aren't really alternatives of a a similar level available this summer.

none of the midfielders at our club right now are Keita type of player. Keita can run his own show. I dont think he is quite there yet in terms of dominating midfield in EPL right now. But I guess as he keeps getting experience while in EPL, he will develop into one. I think if keeps up his level for another season, there will be more competition for him i the next summer. And I guess both the examples of Götze and Dahoud are not suitable reference as both of the players actually preferred something else. Where as here clearly Keita as shown by various reports actually want to join us.

The problem with our current midfield is, we can only press or attack but we can not control game pace at our will. I have seen several times that our team is in lead and the opposition has started putting more pressure on us and our team actually tend to lose nerves. We can not just simply keep possession to completely drain the opposition team's energy and demotivate them.

A midfield of Can, Wij and Coutinho might be able to control the game in parts but Wijnladum tend to disappear from games time and again. I am impressed with him considering it was his first season with us under Klopp. I think that midfield is light weight also. And I doubt Coutihno will start all the games in a deeper position. I think it might depend on the opponent and how fit both Salah and Mane are.

So we need to get both Ox and Keita this season. And hopefully defense we will figure our whether VVD or someone else.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance  - Page 7 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:43 am

List of lads gone or I want gone:

Bogdan
Sakho
Moreno
Flanagan
Randall
Lucas
Stewart
Markovic

That's about 35m atleast. Im giving another chance to Ings.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:28 am

Lucas has left.

Stewart leaving soon for Hull. 8m profit here, We signed him for free. Wow.

Robertson is basically a swap then.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:12 am

£66 million rejected , *bleep* that hahahaha. The transfer market has had it lol. It's absurd now.

Anyways if these players aren't willing to hand transfer requests then time to start looking for alternatives.

The CB situation is getting scary and we defo need a improvment in our midfield.

Hopefully it gets sorted soon , rather than a late buy, need time to gel.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:56 pm

mr-r34 wrote:£66 million rejected , *bleep* that hahahaha. The transfer market has had it lol. It's absurd now.

Anyways if these players aren't willing to hand transfer requests then time to start looking for alternatives.

The CB situation is getting scary and we defo need a improvment in our midfield.

How about the Leon Goretzka guy?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 pm

iftikhar wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:£66 million rejected , *bleep* that hahahaha. The transfer market has had it lol. It's absurd now.

Goretzka is not for sale.

He will stay at Schalke for his last contract year and sign for a new club at 2.January 2018 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

But you're right. Liverpool should throw money at Schalke for him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

Goretzka is not for sale.

He will stay at Schalke for his last contract year and sign for a new club at 2.January 2018 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

But you're right. Liverpool should throw money at Schalke for him.
Well, what I meant is what type of player is he? He's definitely not Keita type, so what will he bring into play?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Goretzka can play every postion in midfield. Most of all, he is fantastic in transition and quick decision making.

Also, Liverpool should get Krychowiak
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:45 pm

Guys chill, my sauxes in Southampton and Leipzig are suggesting that both transfers may drag till the end of August but in the end both will play for Liverpool in the new season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:44 am

Welcome Robertson, VVD soon to follow. Feel horrible for Soton but we've all been there as smaller clubs.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:24 am

Nishankly wrote:Welcome Robertson, VVD soon to follow. Feel horrible for Soton but we've all been there as smaller clubs.

nothing wrong in being a small club ! Everyone likes being a cnut once in a while. Southampton rob likes of Celtic and other smaller leagues
We rob them
Barca/Madrid rob us Wink

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:43 am

Helmer wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Welcome Robertson, VVD soon to follow. Feel horrible for Soton but we've all been there as smaller clubs.

nothing wrong in being a small club ! Everyone likes being a cnut once in a while. Southampton rob likes of Celtic and other smaller leagues
We rob them
Barca/Madrid rob us Wink
£60mil for vvd saints are not being robbed. we are eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Goretzka can play every postion in midfield. Most of all, he is fantastic in transition and quick decision making.

Also, Liverpool should get Krychowiak
We should get the pair instead of splashing crazy money on Keita.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:47 pm

This whole Coutinho thing is kind of wild. People easily forget how inconsistent he is and how injury prone he can be. At this point I don't think we'll let him go but letting him go for the amount of money Barcelona is offering wouldn't be the worst thing if our scouting team does its job and replaces him properly. There are many players out there that could be had who are more consistent, just as talented and less injury prone.

I've heard links to Draxler but Klopp believes in youth. As of right now our CM depth looks like this:

Henderson
Coutinho
Wijnaldum
Can
Lallana
Milner
Woodburn
Grujic
Ejaria

If we sign Keita he'd be replacing Wijnaldum most likely which given the comments about Wijnaldum from the coaching staff I don't think is really necessary. The depth could be an issue but there's a lot of players for those positions right now that can provide depth with Coutinho moving back there. I'm definitely more worried about the defence...Gomez looks a solid back-up, Moreno, Robertson, Clyne, Milner, Flanagan and TAA provide enough at fullback I think, but I'd only really want to rely on Matip/Lovren for the first team against game opponents so getting van Dijk should be a priority as either (or both) could easily get injured and Klavan to me is not up to snuff.

As for forwards...well...

Firmino
Mane
Salah
Sturridge
Origi
Solanke
Kent

That's pretty good depth IMO...Draxler is not a necessity and I'm not sure I'd even rather have him over someone like Origi, Solanke or Kent. While he's probably a better player right now I think any of those could end up better if they take the next step under Klopp. Kent has flown a bit under the radar but he's certainly done himself a service in pre-season and has looked every bit as ready to be a Liverpool player this season in a back-up role.

So the only question is if we sell Coutinho, and there are plenty of players out there worth going after but ultimately our priority needs to be getting another top CB to go with Matip and Lovren.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:55 am

I really really want to wait till the end of the month, but *bleep* it. I can just see the massive fail of a window this will be.

I hope I'm so so wrong.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:00 am

Coutinho will leave the moment he tries hard enough to leave, Whether he does that, Lets wait and watch.

Also we won't be able to replace him, It'll take time like it always does for us.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Nishankly wrote:Coutinho will leave the moment he tries hard enough to leave, Whether he does that, Lets wait and watch.

Also we won't be able to replace him, It'll take time like it always does for us.
the key to losing players like coutinho is not try to replace them but to build a team that wins without them. There are lots of teams in Europe that are far better than Liverpool and they don't have coutinho playing for them so we could also become a better team without him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:58 am

Guys, I'm telling you, we should sign Kovačić/Goretzka and some quality CB while there's still time. We have just wasted time on prime (marquee) signings without having any alternatives.

Same old, same old. :coffee: :facepalm: :brickwall:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:26 am

iftikhar wrote:Guys, I'm telling you, we should sign Kovačić/Goretzka and some quality CB while there's still time. We have just wasted time on prime (marquee) signings without having any alternatives.

Same old, same old. :coffee: :facepalm: :brickwall:
I thought he has agreed to join bayern
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Nishankly wrote:List of lads gone or I want gone:

Bogdan ???
Sakho Still here
Moreno Will be here
Flanagan Might be here
Randall ???
Lucas Sad
Stewart
Markovic :whistle:

That's about 35m atleast. Im giving another chance to Ings.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Randall left on loan
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/269893-connor-randall-makes-loan-move-to-hearts
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:48 pm

There's N'Zonzi, there's Krychowiak, there's lots of interesting midfielders who could help Liverpool
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:20 pm

paul joyce‏ @_pauljoyce 2m2 minutes ago
More
Barcelona make second bid of 100m euros - £90.3m - for Coutinho

BREAKING NEWS
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 pm

been rejected eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Proud Chaka Molenation
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Coutinho TR, Wants Barca move. 100m already rejected. 130m should do the trick. How do we cash it?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next