iftikhar
Unique
Curtinho
Nishankly
McAgger
11 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance  Empty Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:56 pm

I'm sick of not winning anything.

BUY US SOME QUALITY PLEASE.

Anyways who are we getting and who do you want?

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance  Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:46 am

What we need:

GK
LB
CB
Backup RB
DM
Backup CM
Backup Winger

I'll keep updating this as targets and availability of players start surfacing.

Sell:

Bogdan
Flanagan
Wisdom
Markovic
Sakho (Unless he kills it at CPFC, But I think he's done)
Randall
Lucas
Can (If he doesnt agree to a new deal which reflects his ability at the club)
Stewart
Sturridge
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance  Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 || Klopp Revolution back with a Vengeance

Post by Curtinho Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:04 am

I think there'll be a lot of promotion from within. With TAA, Ojo and Woodburn playing as they are I doubt we'll be getting a back-up winger plus with Grujic and Ejaria I don't think we'll be looking for a back-up CM either. We're definitely not going to be getting another keeper right after Klopp got Karius unless he sells Mignolet, but they just gave him a new deal so I doubt that'll happen either.

The most practical thing I could see for the team is getting a leftback, a centreback and an attacker all of whom can be starters for the team (if they sell Can, which is unlikely since Klopp seems to really like him despite him being shit, then I could see them going for a CM that can be a starter also). Not really sure what our targets will look like. In an ideal world for me...

LB: Ricardo Rodriguez - have wanted him for a while. I think he's ready to move on but not sure we've ever been in on him.

CB: Virgil van Dijk? Stefan de Vrij? - Either of these two would be class signings and likely our best CB. Both are comfortable on the ball and very good, and play for teams that we should be able to buy from.

Attacker: Alexandre Lacazette would be my first choice and he's ready to move on now, though if we could pry Alex Teixeira out of China again he would be a great get too.

Just my feelings. As far as a CM goes I have no idea who I'd want. Kovacic would have been nice and maybe Isco if they'll give him up (and he even wants to come here). Strootman would be another ideal player but I doubt they sell him either.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:49 am

Liverpool should sign a defensive coach.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Unique wrote:Liverpool should sign a defensive coach.

Welcome back!

And a new Keeping Coach.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Thanks bro cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:23 pm

We Need:

CB - Van Dijk should be primary target no questions asked. Soton is our feeder club and he's the best player they've had in years. He's also top 2 CB in the league (possibly the best). can't go wrong with him.

DM - Need someone way better on the ball in the DM role than Hendo. Specially if this narrative of parking the bus will continue against us which it will. Roma want to sell Paredes. He's is amazing technically and has an impressive passing range and is physically very mobile. Doubt we will be able to attract Weigl away so Paredes is the next best thing.

CM - Can should not ever play CM for us. Gini and Lallana are great. But we are way too thin here. Lyon are going to be selling their stars this summer as Aulas claims so we must have a crack at Tolisso. He can play both the Gini role and the Lallana role. For me his best position is the box to box and he's better than Gini. Would take him in a heart beat.

ST - Sturridge will be sold and rightfully so. Would love to dream of a great superstar signing like Alexis but obviously that's not happening. Even going for super talent like Mbappe will cost us an arm and a leg and other clubs won't let us have him. Lacazette would be great but Aulas is gonna bend us over and take us to the cleaners for both Tolisso and Lacazette and FSG will no pay insane amounts he'd ask for players, especially 2 times. We could take a gander at Dolberg but Eredivisie is sooo weak I'm almost certain that he's not as good as he's made out to be. I like Vietto a lot and I think he's got all the potential in the world to be the same level as Icardi/Dybala. He's not starting at Sevilla at the moment and doesn't have a future at Atleti with Gameiro/Correa. We're gonna have to take a chance at someone like Vietto because I'm certain we won't be able to sign the big names.

2 x Winger - 2 because we need competition and back ups for both Mane and Coutinho. Seems Klopp wants Brandt. And I'm all for that. Loved this kid when I watched him. He can play both the Coutinho wing role and the Lallana midfield role. The other one would have to be someone with insanely electrifying pace. I don't like Inaki Willaims. He sucked every time I've seen him and his release clause is insanely high for someone with such little productivity. Mahrez will be available 100% this summer, his stock has gone down immensely this season but I don't know if he'd fit Klopps style. I would love Salah personally but I doubt Roma would sell. PSG might sell Lucas Moura because Draxler and Di Maria look like they are starters in the important matches and I doubt he wants to come off the bench in those big CL games. And he would be a great Brazilian addition to Phil and Bob.

LB and GK: I doubt Klopp will replace Milner as the starting XI. And frankly Milner is very good at LB and not a problem at the moment. Eventually we'll need to replace him. Mignolet MUST go. 4 years is too long for him at Liverpool already. We can't let him stay another year but it looks like he will. Karius is not ready yet. But very unlikely Klopp will change anything here.

Mignolet/Karius
Clyne - Matip - VanDijk - Milner
(TAA) - (Lovren) - (Klavan) - ?????
Paredes
(Hendo)
Lallana - Tolisso
(Brandt) - (Wijnaldum)
Mane - Vietto - Coutinho
(Lucas) - (Firmino) - (Brandt)

I would be content with this somewhat realistic summer window.

Sakho, Sturridge, Lucas, Stewart, Makovic etc have to go.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:15 am

#1. I think the only additions/changes to come in the starting XI will be in the CB and LB positions.

#2. While TAA and Ejaria may have done their bit to be considered as viable back-ups next season, others will continue their progression playing in the cup games.

#3. Upfront, I suppose two additions are forthcoming; a striker and a Mane-like winger.

#4. As for departures, I agree with most of the mentioned. But I think Stewart (since Lucas will be leaving) and Emre will be retained while Moreno (since we will be signing a LB) will leave.

Finally, whatever signings are made, I hope they are of real quality and made early in the window.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:27 am

Bogdan:
Flanagan:
Wisdom:
Markovic
Sakho

Randall
Lucas
Sturridge

I guess the highlighted players will bring some decent dough :coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Liverpool are said to have moved ahead of a host of their Premier League rivals in the race to sign Fulham’s teenage left-back Ryan Sessegnon. Jurgen Klopp has revealed that negotiations are already underway as the Reds look to add to their squad for the 2017/18, though the German’s targets remain unclear.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he’s an admirer of Ajax striker Kasper Dolberg.

The Danish frontman has scored 13 goals for the Dutch outfit so far this season and Klopp has kept tabs on the 19-year-old’s progress.

“Who doesn’t know Dolberg? You can’t play at Ajax without being noticed,” Klopp told Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet.

“He has a great future ahead. He is a fantastic player.

“I love Danish footballers. I had Leon Andreasen at Mainz. He was a monster.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Liverpool want Bayern Munich doctor Andreas Schlumberger, according to reports in Germany.

Liverpool have already taken head of fitness Andreas Kornmayer from Bayern Munich, along with head of nutrition Mona Nemmer.

And the Reds are now said to be planning a swoop for the Bundesliga champions' doctor Andreas Schlumberger.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:11 pm

so we are after 2 kids and a doctor. I can see the title coming home next season Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:19 pm

If you can pull off Sessegnon deal then it would be simply massive (and very frustrating from a United fan perspective ofc).  That kid is going to be special. Touted as the next Gareth Bale.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:28 pm

Glory wrote:If you can pull off Sessegnon deal then it would be simply massive (and very frustrating from a United fan perspective ofc).  That kid is going to be special. Touted as the next Gareth Bale.
how many 16yo kids have we seen that will be the next bale. I'm all for getting good young players but we badly need a few players that will improve the first team.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Well, was that reason in the first place you lot opted for JK? At Dortmund he brought in a bunch of young players and build the team around them in tandem and in the end produced a great team. If you cant attract the best players by paying big money, buying talent is the next best thing to do I suppose.

Sessegnon kid is just 16 and didnt look out of place not even once when Fulham faced Hull, a PL side in their FA cup match last month. In 2 years time he can start for a good PL side imo.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Glory wrote:Well, was that reason in the first place you lot opted for JK? At Dortmund he brought in a bunch of young players and build the team around them in tandem and in the end produced a great team. If you cant attract the best players by paying big money, buying talent is the next best thing to do I suppose.

Sessegnon kid is just 16 and didnt look out of place not even once when Fulham faced Hull, a PL side in their FA cup match last month. In 2 years time he can start for a good PL side imo.
tbh mate ive never seen the kid play.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:28 am

Asked if it was inevitable that Sturridge would leave the club, Klopp said: “I have no idea what happens in the summer. It is not only Daniel but a lot of players.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:36 am

If Studge goes before the likes of Mignolet, Lovren, Lucas, Can, Moreno, Randall, Im going to take a long break from LFC.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Dolberg and Sessegnon are solid targets tbh. Both have looked like they have World Class potential, and the reality of our situation is that we can't attract world class players when they are already in their prime. Getting them as early as possible is the best thing we can do, and neither of them would look out of place in our current squad to be quite honest.

I'd actually like to see Klopp return to a 4-2-3-1 personally. As much as I like the 4-3-3 against the top teams, with the fluid front 3 causing ridiculous havoc against open teams (Firmino in particular), this team screams for a real striker and box player against teams that opt to play defensively. In terms of 'first XI' players that I think could be part of a title winning team this is how I'd like to see us line up:

Clyne - Matip - Lovren - ???
Henderson - ???
Mané/Wijnaldum - Firmino/Coutinho/Lallana - Wijnaldum/Mané
???

To be perfectly honest I don't think we're that far away. This team has shown it's strong enough to compete against the best it just lacks the proper preparation, structure and mentality when playing against other teams which translates into a lack of consistency. I think Klopp is arrogant in his approach and really needs to take a step back.

An upgrade at leftback seems necessary but I feel like Milner is entrenched. I don't care that they just gave Lallana a massive new contract outside of a hot few months he's not been more than a Liverpool squad player for us, IMO. Coutinho has always been inconsistent and I am starting to doubt he'll ever find that real consistency -- for me Firmino would be our first choice 10.

Getting a true striker would be nice. Belotti, Lukaku, Icardi someone like that would be ideal to lead the line with Origi to deputize and still learn. If Sturridge could find his form again he wouldn't be a bad option either. A true holding midfielder to partner Henderson would be nice also, but anyway I'm a bit in fantasy land here since there's no way we're moving away from the 4-3-3 any time soon based on what I've seen.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:45 pm

Linked with Naby Keita.

If actually do get lucky for once in our lives and sign him he would be an insane upgrade in our midfield over Gini, Hendo, Can and Lallana combined.

I like the Bundesliga links to Brandt and now Keita.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:09 am

I don't understand what your issues are with Gini and Hendo. They're both very good players and more than good enough for Liverpool. Lallana had a purple patch but honestly is a very good squad player I think, and Can just isn't good enough full stop.

Keita would be a nice addition to those two though.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:34 am

Gini pisses me off. He's in the same tier as Joe Allen. If he wasn't dutch / you didn't watch him from when he was 16 you'd see he's a squad player, not a first team player. Yeah, he's done okay with couple of clutch goals against City and Chelsea this season, but he's not doing enough against the smaller sides. He's one of the few that goes missing when the system isn't working.

Nishankly wrote:If Studge goes before the likes of Mignolet, Lovren, Lucas, Can, Moreno, Randall, Im going to take a long break from LFC.

Studge has lost his passion / is demotivated here. I'd only sell him to a foreign club, because he will be a threat to us if he goes to someone else domestically. Apparently PSG were interested in January but only wanted to loan him. He's still a very good player when fit, but we can't keep him at the club if he can't play more than half the games and he doesn't suit the way we play. He doesn't press, he looks like he's afraid of getting injured when he's on the pitch, and doesn't really link up with Mane or Firmino. It'll be a shame to see him go as he's one of the few players at the club to have the balls to shoot / threaten the keeper but him leaving will be for the greater good. I hope.

The only player I'd keep from your list there is Can. It'll be sad to see Lucas go, but it's best for both Liverpool and his own career.

We desperately need an anchor (and push Henderson more advanced), a full back, and a CB. We need a Mane back up / replacement. And we need a 9. This is going to be an interesting summer.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:56 am

I don't know how much young players like Naby Keita, Dolberg and Sessegnon can contribute to our progression. I mean look at all the young players we have signed; not a single one has managed to continue their own progression let alone improving our squad.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:05 am

Red Alert wrote:Gini pisses me off. He's in the same tier as Joe Allen. If he wasn't dutch / you didn't watch him from when he was 16 you'd see he's a squad player, not a first team player. Yeah, he's done okay with couple of clutch goals against City and Chelsea this season, but he's not doing enough against the smaller sides. He's one of the few that goes missing when the system isn't working.

He's not though. He's good enough to be a first team player and has put in big performances in almost every big game we've had this season. The issues against the smaller sides are systemic. He's not a player that's going to take over the game single handedly and there are very few players in general that can do that. However he is far from the problem against smaller sides. I would keep him in the starting XI.

As far as this team is concerned there's some problems to consider. We need a 9. We need a starting quality CB to play when Lovren and/or Matip are injured (Gomez can provide a tertiary back-up role but will be very good I think). We need a leftback. We need a starting quality CM; I like the idea of an anchor/holder that can pass well (I like Illaramendi, Camacho or Kondogbia if Inter would move him).

Still that creates other issues. If we get all of those then Milner isn't going to be happy, neither will Lallana because he shouldn't be a starter. There'd only be room for one of Coutinho/Firmino in the side most games except when Coutinho is injured. This is why I still think that we should move to the 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1. The needs remain the same but the depth and distribution of talent is a lot more even. Still, we could look like:

Karius
Clyne - Matip - Lovren - Kolasinac
Kondogbia
Henderson - Wijnaldum
Mané - Belotti? - Firmino

Whoever is playing on the left is going to be spending a lot more time drifting into the middle in something of an asymmetric diamond with Wijnaldum given freedom to drift/run into that outside space in attack. The striker position is a conundrum because it's so hard to buy a good one. Lukaku? Modeste? I'd have said Icardi but Inter are buyers right now and have a lot of money, though he would be perfect.

Anyway, the summer is going to be interesting for sure.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next