Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
RedOranje
McAgger
23 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity Empty Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by McAgger Sun May 01, 2016 9:39 pm

We are very close. First summer I'm genuinely excited for in terms of transfers.

Let's start with some personal desires. What sort of business would you guys do, ins and outs?

Last edited by Don't call me James on Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by RedOranje Sun May 01, 2016 11:21 pm

I'm going to go ahead and include current loanees even though those out on loans (and even the one in on a loan) aren't really a factor in our current squad but could be next season.

Outs:

Adam Bogdan - Self-explanatory.

Jose Enrique - Out of contract, self-explanatory. Or perhaps he'll simply social media PR role for the club.

Andre Wisdom - Think the writing has been on the wall for a while for him, despite the new deal not so long ago. Think he'll go this summer on a permanent move. An astounding preseason could *maybe* change that.

Steven Caulker - Unless Sakho gets a 2-year ban and Benteke goes, leaving us needing a CB/CF hybrid for depth again...

Martin Skrtel - He's been a fantastic servant to the club but the time is probably right. Wish him all the best where-ever he ends up.

Tiago Ilori - Sorry McAgger. The lad has talent, that much is pretty clear. Just as clear and probably more crucially though, he doesn't appear to have the confidence of the manager. For his sake as much as anyone else's, I think Ilori should/will move on in the summer.

Joe Allen - I think he still has something to offer the club but he's no longer at an age where he can afford to be a bench/rotation player. He'll look to move for a regular starting spot.

Luis Alberto - Remember him? Sounds as though he's put together a solid season back in Spain and will have earned himself a permanent move back.

Mario Balotelli - China? Milan? Don't really care.

Christian Benteke - File him in the "Possibly" category. I'm not a fan of Benteke and never have been, but neither am I a fan of massive squad turnover and this list is already overly long for my taste. Depending on the player and offers received, I'd be willing to see him stay or go.

For "Ins" I'm not going to bother with names (other than confirmed moves) but will instead just list positions/roles I'd address, in order of importance for me (excluding the loans).

Ins:
Joel Matip - A centerback, and a direct replacement for Skrtel most likely. Can't say I've seen too much of him so I can only judge by reputation of sparse viewings, but I suspect he may be coming in to be Sakho's preferred partner (whenever Sakho is available again).

Marko Grujic - Depth in central midfield. Good enough to be a regular part of matchday squads? I honestly don't know.

Lazar Markovic - A genuine wide player. The exact role Klopp has lamented about NOT having enough of (only Ibe & now Ojo). A good preseason and he could be in with a shout to play a big role next season. A poor preseason and he could be on his way before the window closes.

Goalkeeper - Probably top of everyone's list at this point. I'd be looking for/expecting a keeper to come in that's youngish and starts the season on the bench behind Mignolet. Rotate/phase him in in cups and such over the course of the season and by the end have him as the starter if things go well.

Fullback - Preferably a leftback, but given the relative versatility of our current options a rightback could work as well. Unlike most, I wouldn't be looking for a definite starter but would rather a player that can rotate in depending on fitness, form, and the tactical needs per match.

Central Midfielder - Especially if Allen (or Lucas) leaves. Its an area of significant debate in the fanbase and outside of Lucas (and Milner?) its also an extremely young part of our squad. For that reason I'd specifically be targeting a player with some real experience rather than ANOTHER youngster like Zielinski.

Attacker - Intentionally vague here. Depending on sales (Benteke?), injuries (Sturridge, Ings), and returnees (Markovic) my preference for a target here would change. Realistically though I would like to see one addition, either a player who offers something different from our current options or significantly better, and no more.

Centerback - Another one that could vary, though in need rather than type. I'd honestly offer Kolo a new coach/player deal and keep him on as 4th/5th choice and as a mentor to youngsters. If Joe Gomez can return to fitness and find form similar to what we saw this season, he'll have a role to play in central defense. And the Sakho situation is a cloud hanging over all of it.

Including current loans, I'd say that breaks down to about 7 "outs" from our current pool of available players (injuries, suspensions notwithstanding) and 6 or 7 "ins." A lot more turn-over than I'd particularly like but it seems somewhat necessary.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by Art Morte Mon May 02, 2016 6:07 am

I don't think the squad needs much. I also don't think there will be that many departures as most people seem to think.

A winger looks likely already from the fact we tried to sign Teixeira in January, but I don't know who it might be. Unfortunately this will probably mean that Ibe will be allowed to look for new club. I don't know about Markovic, got a feeling he's not in Klopp's plans. I can see us signing a winger and giving Ojo the bench role that's mostly been Ibe's so far.

I believe our four CBs will be Sakho, Skrtel, Lovren and Matip.

Clyne and Moreno should remain as starting full-backs. If Klopp trusts Smith, Flanagan, Randall and Gomez to be adequate cover, we won't sign a full-back. I think Wisdom's done all right as RB for the Canaries when I've seen him, I wouldn't mind if he was our 2nd choice RB.

A CM, I'm not sure. He would need to be better than Henderson or Can, imo. Who would that be?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 04, 2016 3:53 am

Liverpool keen on £5m deal for Leicester defender Ben Chilwell this summer

Neil Jones wrote:Jurgen Klopp is keen to add cover at left back this summer, and though they have drawn up a list of alternatives should they find themselves unable to agree a deal with Leicester...

Looks like a fullback (more specifically, a left back) is definitely on the agenda this summer. It also appears that Moreno is still Klopp's preferred starter, and any signing will be competition or depth rather than a replacement in the starting XI.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 04, 2016 10:08 am

Art Morte wrote:
A CM, I'm not sure. He would need to be better than Henderson or Can, imo. Who would that be?

Will be difficult to decide between the about 500 options hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 06, 2016 11:49 pm

Jordan Rossiter is apparently heading to Rangers in the summer when his contract runs out. As he's a U21 player LFC will get compensation but as its outside England it will only be £250,000 or so.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-jordan-rossiter-leaving-liverpool-11297684
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 07, 2016 3:20 am

I have no idea what happened with his whole development. We heard injuries, this and that. But that escalation to him potentially leaving is crazy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat May 07, 2016 3:38 am

Well Frank McParland, previously LFC's Academy Director, is now Rangers’ head of recruitment. And given that Rossiter has fallen behind several other players in the line to break into the first team, McParland probably made contact and convinced him to move on rather than sign a contract extension.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 12, 2016 9:13 pm

Table:

In:

Grujic: 5.1m
Matip: Free
Karius: 4.7m

Out:

Jose Enrique: Released
Daniel Cleary: Released
Jordan Rossiter: Rangers: 250k
Daniel Trickett Smith: Free: Sacramento
Jerome Sinclair: Watford: Tribunal (3-4m)

Last edited by Nishankly on Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 13, 2016 12:37 am

if we don't get a new left back and keeper I will be pissed off tbh. I really really dislike Moreno. the guy cant defend for shit. and he don't do much going forward either. no team in history has ever been successful without a top class keeper and mig is far from that. I think we should go all out to get gotze. world class talent when on form and will fit right in with klopps style of play as he has been there and done it with him.

...........Sturridge......
coutinho..firmino...gotze

players I would love to get but are probs unrealistic. Ricardo Rodriguez. Miralem Pjanic. ter Stegen. kante.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 13, 2016 12:38 am

we should forget markovic. the guy has no guts for a hard game.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 13, 2016 12:47 am

also I cant wait to see what klopp can do with joe Gomez. I think he is a very good young player and I think he will do very well under klopp. he will be like a new signing next season the same with ings who is another player that will do well under klopp.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 13, 2016 5:21 am

Unique wrote:also I cant wait to see what klopp can do with joe Gomez. I think he is a very good young player and I think he will do very well under klopp. he will be like a new signing next season the same with ings who is another player that will do well under klopp.

Literally the exact same thing can be said about Lazar, I don't know why you'd have such drastic opinion on him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri May 13, 2016 5:38 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Unique wrote:also I cant wait to see what klopp can do with joe Gomez. I think he is a very good young player and I think he will do very well under klopp. he will be like a new signing next season the same with ings who is another player that will do well under klopp.

Literally the exact same thing can be said about Lazar, I don't know why you'd have such drastic opinion on him.
Laser deserves a chance under Klopp, specially since he (Klopp) is keen for a wide player.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 13, 2016 3:26 pm

With markovic talent is not his problem. It's his attitude. He has no guts for a fight. Put a few chalanges on him early in the game and he don't want to know. I hope klopp can change him but I think it's his personality
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 13, 2016 4:48 pm

Has Markovic done anything at Fenerbache? For all I know he's failed to make an impact over there as well. We need a winger who's good enough to start games, so I don't know is Lazar the answer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 13, 2016 10:33 pm

He was injured for most of his time at Fenerbahce.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 13, 2016 11:01 pm

Don't call me James wrote:He was injured for most of his time at Fenerbahce.
14 games no goals.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Art Morte wrote:Has Markovic done anything at Fenerbache? For all I know he's failed to make an impact over there as well. We need a winger who's good enough to start games, so I don't know is Lazar the answer.
2 goals, 3 assists or so and performed well enough that they were publicly interested in signing him on a permanent basis for £20m or more.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 13, 2016 11:33 pm

Unique wrote:if we don't get a new left back and keeper I will be pissed off tbh. I really really dislike Moreno. the guy cant defend for shit. and he don't do much going forward either. no team in history has ever been successful without a top class keeper and mig is far from that. I think we should go all out to get gotze. world class talent when on form and will fit right in with klopps style of play as he has been there and done it with him.

players I would love to get but are probs unrealistic. Ricardo Rodriguez. Miralem Pjanic. ter Stegen. kante.

See:
RedOranje wrote:Liverpool keen on £5m deal for Leicester defender Ben Chilwell this summer

Neil Jones wrote:Jurgen Klopp is keen to add cover at left back this summer, and though they have drawn up a list of alternatives should they find themselves unable to agree a deal with Leicester...

Looks like a fullback (more specifically, a left back) is definitely on the agenda this summer. It also appears that Moreno is still Klopp's preferred starter, and any signing will be competition or depth rather than a replacement in the starting XI.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 14, 2016 1:01 am

Unique wrote:
14 games no goals.

I know for a fact he scored a couple of goals for them because I saw the highlights.

Anyways he hasn't lost his talent, he's just been plagues by injuries. He can offer us much more than Ibe and Ojo in the minutes they are getting.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Unique wrote:
14 games no goals.

I know for a fact he scored a couple of goals for them because I saw the highlights.

Anyways he hasn't lost his talent, he's just been plagues by injuries. He can offer us much more than Ibe and Ojo in the minutes they are getting.
I'm happy for him to come back and try again. but I'm not holding my breath. if he comes back and nothing changes we could move him on in jan window.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat May 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Read about Volland move. Can anybody confirm it?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat May 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Unique wrote:if we don't get a new left back and keeper I will be pissed off tbh. I really really dislike Moreno. the guy cant defend for shit. and he don't do much going forward either. no team in history has ever been successful without a top class keeper and mig is far from that. I think we should go all out to get gotze. world class talent when on form and will fit right in with klopps style of play as he has been there and done it with him.

Agreed but problem is there are not many promising LB in market ATM. Even the the so called big teams have found it difficult to find decent one. Look at Barca, Alba has been nothing short of disaster this season yet we might have to keep playing him next season. Pjanic has recently said he is open to new offers so there wouldn't be much problem if other big clubs don't snatch him. Regarding Ter Stegen, HANDS OFF BUDDY.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Lucifer wrote:

Agreed but problem is there are not many promising LB in market ATM. Even the the so called big teams have found it difficult to find decent one. Look at Barca, Alba has been nothing short of disaster this season yet we might have to keep playing him next season. Pjanic has recently said he is open to new offers so there wouldn't be much problem if other big clubs don't snatch him. Regarding Ter Stegen, HANDS OFF BUDDY.
Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next