#JeSuisMessi ? Barcelona unveils campaign to support Lionel Messi .

+29
futbol
Based Bonera
RED
Robespierre
Art Morte
M99
The Demon of Carthage
Casciavit
Cruijf
titosantill
Glory
zigra
Thimmy
Hapless_Hans
McAgger
Andrew
Jonathan28
BORUSSIA!!
Doc
Mr Nick09
futbol_bill
Lucifer
Luca
rincon
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
Vlad the Impaler
Kaladin
farfan
33 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

#JeSuisMessi ? Barcelona unveils campaign  to support Lionel Messi . - Page 3 Empty Re: #JeSuisMessi ? Barcelona unveils campaign to support Lionel Messi .

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:08 pm

Andrew_p wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
ES wrote:Disgusting club

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal
2006 was about us. Try this for Milan https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totonero_1980

Proud

I don't know why that made laugh Laughing
Thnx BTW really appreciated.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

#JeSuisMessi ? Barcelona unveils campaign  to support Lionel Messi . - Page 3 Empty Re: #JeSuisMessi ? Barcelona unveils campaign to support Lionel Messi .

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:10 pm

titosantill wrote:when liverpool got a bit quiet after the chiellini bite situation, the player had his mind made up that he was out. they weren't as vocal in their support when he bit ivanovic (compared to the evra situation), and relationships strained at that point.

Laughing Speaking of these events like you did reminds me of a Palahniuk Horror novel. #PraiseToSuarezForTheInspirationHeGivesToWritersAllOverTheWorld
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:11 pm

titosantill wrote:

when suarez got into that piece of foolishness with evra, liverpool went all out to support him, even criticizing the fa, which to me, was foolish on their part, and they tried to play the "he has black friends or family" card, they even had their players wear shirts, which to me was a bit distastful to the black players on the team that had to stomach that...foolish, but i understood what they were doing.

That's a very different situation, though. Throwing racial slurs at someone is one thing, but it was debatable whether Suarez was actually racist, or not. Many jumped to the conclusion that he was. I'm not surprised that they attempted to defend his honor, in that respect.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:13 pm

It is very different, because what Suarez did was much worse Laughing

But both clubs were extremely stupid and their actions are embarrassing. The clowns running Barca rival the ones running Milan Proud
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:14 pm

Am I wrong to believe that for Barcelona to do something stupid as this there was some truth to the Messi Chelsea connection?

The timing of this is wired, just one day after the Chelsea rumor.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:16 pm

People forget how big bully Messi is. This clearly a spastic effort to remain in his good books.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:17 pm

They're supporting their greatest ever player. I don't see why some of you are so shocked. Of course their reasoning is dumb, but hey, a happier Messi = better Barca.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Lucifer wrote:People forget how big bully Messi is. This clearly a spastic effort to remain in his good books.

:coffee:

And the award for Word of the Month goes to...

Spoiler:

Reactions:

Spoiler:

Saw it in a deleted post of yours 15 mins ago and for a few times in the past few days. Laughing

Respect! Twisted Evil
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:22 pm

Cruijf wrote:It is very different, because what Suarez did was much worse Laughing

What?
I'm sorry, but stealing millions from the community is much worse than calling Patrice Evra 'Negrito' on a football pitch.

It's really no comparison.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Cruijf wrote:It is very different, because what Suarez did was much worse Laughing

But both clubs were extremely stupid and their actions are embarrassing. The clowns running Barca rival the ones running Milan Proud

Oh, hey there! Here to support the latest Barca campaign, I presume? Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:25 pm

@adit, that might be very true,(i didn't even think of that)  it would have been wise for barcelona to keep quiet and avoid the bad publicity, but when these kind of rumors surface, "player and agent not liking the media in the country they're playing in", "player not happy that club isn't speaking up enough", the club makes a hasty decision, and forget they didn't show  the same love to another player who had similar problems.

@thimmy, the issue wasn't about suarez being racist, it was about the slur and language he used at evra. you can't permit the use of a racial slur in a foul sense because the person isn't racist...it goes against the 'respect' ethos that football associations try to promote.

and for those who want to go the 'rap route' he didn't use it in an endearing manner from what we understand . what makes that situation really foul is also the fact he had black teammates (some of whom are probably suarez' friends), who had to swallow their pride and make nice for the club's sake. the point being, clubs will do these things to convince a star player they are with him. my issue is, if you're going to self promote your club's integrity by backing your players, if you stand by the zidanes, don't forget to stand by the pavones

Last edited by titosantill on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:26 pm

Poor us Barca fans, the only othe argument that can defend Messi consists of Suarez being racist.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:27 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

What?
I'm sorry, but stealing millions from the community is much worse than calling Patrice Evra 'Negrito' on a football pitch.

It's really no comparison.

Tax fraud is disgusting and a serious crime, certainly not a "foolish mistake" or whatever it was I read in this thread but please don't play racism down to emphasize that.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:28 pm

It's one thing to support your players through tough times, it's quite another to start a campaign for somebody who has been found guilty of tax fraud.

"Je Suis Messi"? For what exactly? Was he wrongly accused? No. So why did you start this campaign? To voice your approval of his wrongdoings. Great. That would be all.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:29 pm

titosantill wrote:@adit, that might be very true,(i didn't even think of that) it would have been wise for barcelona to keep quiet and avoid the bad publicity, but when these kind of rumors surface, "player and agent not liking the media in the country they're playing in", "player not happy that club isn't speaking up enough", the club makes a hasty decision, and forget they didn't show the same love to another player who had similar problems.

@thimmy, the issue wasn't about suarez being racist, it was about the slur and language he used at evra. you can't permit the use of a racial slur in a foul sense because the person isn't racist...it goes against the 'respect' ethos that football associations try to promote.

the argument was never about whether suarez was racist, it was about the language he used (and for those who want to go the 'rap route' he didn't use it in an endearing manner from what we understand ). what makes that situation really foul is also the fact he had black teammates (some of whom are probably friends), who had to swallow their pride and make nice for the club's sake

Well, the media and the internet were calling/alluding to him being a racist, and that is an issue, in my opinion. The club going out and pulling the "he has black friends"- card didn't come as a surprise to me.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:31 pm

It was actually debatable that Suarez was innocent, I don't agree but the argument could have been made.

Here Messi has been convicted of fraud with overwhelming evidence against him, not only is it different because he's clearly in the wrong and there's no argument to the contrary it's much, much worse.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:34 pm

I am pretty sure that Mehssi the dictator is bullying some unpaid interns at Barca PR to do this.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:40 pm

@ thimmy, i mean, you can't say its far fetched to call someone who uses a slur in a disrespectful manner a racist. the person might not be, he or she might be caught in the moment and it exposes their worst side. but we can't get surprised when people rightly or wrongly make such accusations. if he wanted such accusations not to be made about him, there are a million other disrespectful words he could have used ; puta, cabron, no cojones, per culo etc...

@great leader, my point is, barcelona are not interested in the legal parameters. they have a golden goose in messi. the player and his father have been convicted of doing illegal business. the club's fear is if they don't show they are in support of their golden goose, he may not want anything to do with them. i don't know his contract situation, but i bet if messi made the call to want out, a lot of clubs won't mind breaking bank. its tasteless, i know, but when they show support for messi and not others who suffered similar plight, you know it comes down to keeping their golden goose happy
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:52 pm

tito, they could've shown their support to him by making an official statement or something.

But starting a campaign "Je Suis Messi"? People start campaigns for innocent people not players guilty of tax fraud.

You have to differentiate between "supporting your player" and "greenlighting tax evasion". Barça, by starting this campaign, have inevitably given the impression that, not only they are okay with evading one's taxes, they are also supporting it.

Florentino supported Benzema when he was dealing with his blackmail case, and while I think it was still wrong, it's still quite different from starting a campaign #JeSuisBenzema, cause that would mean he's okay with blackmail.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:02 pm

#we are all Adam Johnson trending by Sunderland fans

Omg rofl
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Adit wrote:#we are all Adam Johnson trending by Sunderland fans

Omg rofl

lol for the record, in my first post, i  highlighted situations where its expected clubs back off....rape being one of them (i expected someone to raise an adam johnson or ribery example) @demon, benzema's not messi. he's not even considered among the top 2 cogs in terms of the front 3 let alone the whole team. this issue isn't as straightforward; the current barcelona board have had loads of issues- neymar transfer, transfer ban, controversies with guardiola, signing of suarez (which was initially criticized by many fans of the club) and on-going issues with laporta. all these issues are partly why i'm disappointed we've only won 1 liga title in so long. the last thing they need is a "messi is not happy @ barca"

i used the golden goose as an example. not only would they do things to eliminate fears they could lose that golden goose cos he isn't happy; when you have laporta, publicly going at you everyday, you don't want to be the guy on whose watch your golden goose left.

i'm playing devils advocate, i understand the moral implications people raise. but the risk of losing messi, to barcelona is bigger than all these other concerns. its not like the benzema case, hell, there are madrid fans who want benzema out and others who want him to have some competition for the spot....very different, even if benz is accused of stealing a bottle of pepsi in spain, while he was in moscow at the time of the incident, you still may not see a #jesuisbenzema
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:57 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:It's one thing to support your players through tough times, it's quite another to start a campaign for somebody who has been found guilty of tax fraud.

"Je Suis Messi"? For what exactly? Was he wrongly accused? No. So why did you start this campaign? To voice your approval of his wrongdoings. Great. That would be all.

That's the problem, they (Barca and Tebas (who for god knows what reason he is supprting Barca) are saying he knows nothing about taxes and therefore innocent!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:00 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:tito, they could've shown their support to him by making an official statement or something.

But starting a campaign "Je Suis Messi"? People start campaigns for innocent people not players guilty of tax fraud.

You have to differentiate between "supporting your player" and "greenlighting tax evasion". Barça, by starting this campaign, have inevitably given the impression that, not only they are okay with evading one's taxes, they are also supporting it.

Florentino supported Benzema when he was dealing with his blackmail case, and while I think it was still wrong, it's still quite different from starting a campaign #JeSuisBenzema, cause that would mean he's okay with blackmail.

You're ignoring the fact that the Barca club has also been convicted of tax fraud!!! Of course they support it, as I suspect all Catlans do. It's the culture over there.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:05 pm

So Tito, bottom line is Messi quits Argentina NT because people have said nasty things about him and now that he is a convicted criminal, he and his father don't want to stay in Spain with this harsh treatment (seems to me Neymar's father was saying the same thing a couple of months ago). This is the same guy that cried to Guardiola in team bus that he didn't feel wanted with the signing of Ibra.

He is the definition of a spoiled cry baby. Can't wait for Harmonica to jump in here and tell us statistically why all this is the fault of Perez!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Maybe Messi is close to retiring from club football, too, and this is Barcelona's desperate attempt to make him feel loved and needed smoking
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:17 pm

yes, its very possible. a lot of athletes are cry babies. its not just the fault of perez. its perez, refdrid, "corrupt" argentine fa, and higuain (higuain purposely didn't tell him when he and his agent where working on their own tax payments). i expect a list of former football greats who were also accused of not paying their taxes and not treated how "cruelly" messi's being treated to make one of these threads in 5...4...3
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next