Brazil legend Pele: Neymar is more complete than Barcelona's Lionel Messi, and can be better than me

3 posters

Go down

Brazil legend Pele: Neymar is more complete than Barcelona's Lionel Messi, and can be better than me Empty Brazil legend Pele: Neymar is more complete than Barcelona's Lionel Messi, and can be better than me

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Brazil legend Pele has stated that Santos starlet Neymar can be better than he was at his peak, and is a more rounded player than Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

The 71-year-old, regarded by many as the greatest football to have played the game, has been full of praise for the young striker ever since he burst onto the scene two years ago, and feels that the 19-year-old, given the time to mature, can surpass his abilities.

"Although we cannot talk of him as an heir because each player is different, Neymar has the ability to be better than me," Pele told Mundo Deportivo.

The 19-year-old will be a key player for the Vila Belmiro outfit in the Club World Cup later in December, where he could face Barcelona and the current Ballon d'Or holder Messi.

Despite the personal and team accolades that the Argentina international has achieved so far in his career, Pele feels that his countryman is more complete as a player, but that the Camp Nou attacker has more experience.

"For me the two are technically very good, but Neymar is more complete because he shoots with both feet, and dribbles from both sides," the iconic former Santos forward explained.

"The one thing that lets both down is their heading.

"Messi has more experience for me. He is a more mature player, who has played big games in Europe, and that makes a difference.

"Neymar has only two years at senior level but is already an excellent player," he concluded.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Brazil legend Pele: Neymar is more complete than Barcelona's Lionel Messi, and can be better than me Empty Re: Brazil legend Pele: Neymar is more complete than Barcelona's Lionel Messi, and can be better than me

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Brazil legend Pele: Neymar is more complete than Barcelona's Lionel Messi, and can be better than me Empty Re: Brazil legend Pele: Neymar is more complete than Barcelona's Lionel Messi, and can be better than me

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Ah, I thought this was a new piece of news. Goal.com has this as from today Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Looks like he forgot to take his meds again

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down