Aubameyang apprection thread

+33
Sina
Lex
Jay29
El Gunner
Art Morte
Nishankly
Mr Nick09
Thimmy
CBarca
VanDeezNuts
guest7
LeBéninois
zigra
iftikhar
Robespierre
RealGunner
B-Mac
Hapless_Hans
Claudio84
Lucifer
futbol
Firenze
urbaNRoots
McAgger
Doc
free_cat
farfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Bankz
Valkyrja
Sri
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:02 pm

CBarca wrote:Did he really just say it like that?

Most players are at least coy enough to say something like "I have Madrid DNA" instead


Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 359227-xavi-hernandez-smile-7

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 12147
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 am

Super disappointing in CL against Monaco, the type of teams you would expect him to make a difference against. You can argue the conditions of the first games which were special but even then, he is a player with a ceiling. Not good enough to lead a super elite team in CL. I'm not sure which team will pay big bucks to get him but they will be disappointed
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31583
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by farfan Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 am

http://ultimodiez.fr/2017/02/17/proces-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-le-joueur-a-la-mauvaise-mode/#.WPiPd0XhDIW

Article ( french ) arguing he's a fraud. hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 pm

It's quite crazy. You would think an open game like against Monaco is where he would excel. It's not like the opposition was Juve or Atleti.

Anyways I don't think he's at the level of Suarez and Lewandowski anyways. And I don't think he's at that next level with Higuain, Cavani, Benzema, Costa, Aguero. He's slightly below that level with the likes of Kane, Lacazette and Icardi etc.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:36 pm



Benz, Costa, Aguero are not better than Kane, Laca, Icardi or Auba
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33172
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Benzema is better than all of them though
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31583
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Mr Chad 09 pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Auba fell into the trap of thinking he's a great player and stop playing with an edge... that edge was the aspect that made him so good before. Now, h seems satisfied. Still very good... but not as good as he could be.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20636
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by RealGunner Sun May 12, 2019 5:34 pm

31 goals this season overall. Golden Boot winner.

Tears in my eyes Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89385
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Nishankly Sun May 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Arsenal need to careful, they have an amazing pair of attackers and these guys can win them trophies. You need to build the team on this.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20773
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Art Morte Sun May 12, 2019 6:42 pm

I thought it was strange when richer clubs let Arsenal buy both Lacazette and Aubameyang in quick succession, even though many big clubs could use a(nother) good striker. This pair have proven that Arsenal did really well to spend the money on them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18185
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Nishankly wrote:Arsenal need to careful, they have an amazing pair of attackers and these guys can win them trophies. You need to build the team on this.


They'll sell one of them and claim it was necessary for the good of balancing the team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Not going to forget that RG was bitching about Aubameyang all season.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33927
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Thimmy Sun May 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Art Morte wrote:I thought it was strange when richer clubs let Arsenal buy both Lacazette and Aubameyang in quick succession, even though many big clubs could use a(nother) good striker. This pair have proven that Arsenal did really well to spend the money on them.


They didn't exactly seem like risky purchases before they were bought, from what I could tell Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12147
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Art Morte Sun May 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I thought it was strange when richer clubs let Arsenal buy both Lacazette and Aubameyang in quick succession, even though many big clubs could use a(nother) good striker. This pair have proven that Arsenal did really well to spend the money on them.


They didn't exactly seem like risky purchases before they were bought, from what I could tell Razz


Considering how thin the top striker market has been for a while, they seemed like good buys. Chelsea and ManU could do with either of these players, arguably even City or Real Madrid. Yet everyone was asleep when Arsenal picked this pair up.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18185
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 12, 2019 6:53 pm

We gonna sit here and pretend thet Arsenal haven't consistently benched one of those strikers while you praise them for signing them?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We gonna sit here and pretend thet Arsenal haven't consistently benched one of those strikers while you praise them for signing them?



Yes. Because they haven't.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33927
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Thimmy Sun May 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I thought it was strange when richer clubs let Arsenal buy both Lacazette and Aubameyang in quick succession, even though many big clubs could use a(nother) good striker. This pair have proven that Arsenal did really well to spend the money on them.


They didn't exactly seem like risky purchases before they were bought, from what I could tell Razz


Considering how thin the top striker market has been for a while, they seemed like good buys. Chelsea and ManU could do with either of these players, arguably even City or Real Madrid. Yet everyone was asleep when Arsenal picked this pair up.


Well, MrNick part of our Real Madrid section would argue that Real Madrid did the only sensible thing in "waiting for someone better to emerge".
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12147
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We gonna sit here and pretend thet Arsenal haven't consistently benched one of those strikers while you praise them for signing them?



Yes. Because they haven't.


That's a lie lol, they barely play them together.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Firenze Sun May 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Not elite. He's good though. Don't care if he was a GB winner this year. Wouldn't be sniffing it if the big white machine was fit.

How are his goal tallies against the big clubs btw? don't really recall him doing too well in those games but could just be me not paying attention.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33172
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by zigra Sun May 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Firenze wrote:Not elite. He's good though. Don't care if he was a GB winner this year. Wouldn't be sniffing it if the big white machine was fit.

How are his goal tallies against the big clubs btw? don't really recall him doing too well in those games but could just be me not paying attention.


Scored 2 against Tottenham and 2 against United (including cups).
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 4242
Join date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We gonna sit here and pretend thet Arsenal haven't consistently benched one of those strikers while you praise them for signing them?



Yes. Because they haven't.


That's a lie lol, they barely play them together.


They start the majority of big games together, for example both Valencia games
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33927
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 12, 2019 7:18 pm

The fact you had to specify big games says it all, there shouldn't be any games where talent like that is either or.

Especially for Arsenal, also i checked PL records ( don't know about all comps) and the play rate of them together compared to not is around 50% both ways.

That's incredibly low for a team which honestly is filled with trash. At least City has the excuse of having lots of talent in those positions and not melts like Iwobi.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The fact you had to specify big games says it all, there shouldn't be any games where talent like that is either or.

Especially for Arsenal, also i checked PL records ( don't know about all comps) and the play rate of them together compared to not is around 50% both ways.

That's incredibly low for a team which honestly is filled with trash. At least City has the excuse of having lots of talent in those positions and not melts like Iwobi.


Another classic Mole here lmao

Moving the goal posts after you claimed Arsenal had "consistently benched one of the two"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33927
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 12, 2019 7:25 pm

They do though.

After 32 games this season (not sure about the final 6 games) they started together 16 times and had one of them on the bench the other 16 times.

I haven't moved the goal posts at all.

That's pretty damn consistent to me, imagine Liverpool splitting up Mane and Salah like that lmao. They'd be rightly crucified.

But carry on making excuses.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 12, 2019 7:26 pm

hmm
Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33927
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Aubameyang apprection thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aubameyang apprection thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum