futbol_bill
Cruijf
LeBéninois
Lucifer
sportsczy
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

French Prime Minister Valls opens the door for Barca to join Ligue 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Prime Minister Valls opens the door for Barca to join Ligue 1

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:57 pm

People are so ignorant of history. Catalonia is NOT Castillian Spanish. And they are the most economically productive region, so they can certainly live without Spain.

Real Madrid - Barcelona aside, Catalonia absolutely deserves their independence. And if that many people vote to secede from Spain, so be it.

I've seen posts on here saying things like "they should just accept being spanish, etc", but dude, it's like telling a kurd he should just accept being arabic Laughing doesn't make sense

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

French Prime Minister Valls opens the door for Barca to join Ligue 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Prime Minister Valls opens the door for Barca to join Ligue 1

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:12 pm

Will Spain be stripped off the world cup given how Catalan players were more influential to winning it than Spanish players? Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:34 pm

Casillas isn't Catalan hmm
Iniesta isn't Catalan hmm
Del bosque isn't Catalan hmm
Villa isn't Catalan hmm
Pedro isn't Catalan hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:24 am

Well Spain's royal family hasn't been immune from corruption charges and drama either recently... i don't think one side is any better or worse than the other. It's just politics. It's all corrupt lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:01 am

How does it even work that France have both a president and a PM? Excuse my ignorance, I don't care much for politics (specially outside of US).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:47 am

I have literally and figuratively no dog in this fight but I too don't see independence in Catalunya's near or distant future. No disrespect to Free or any other person who is currently pushing for it but I just don't see it.

I do think if Ligue 1 is letting Barcelona, they should let me in as well. I demand fair treatment.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:46 am

Don't call me James wrote:Will Spain be stripped off the world cup given how Catalan players were more influential to winning it than Spanish players? Laughing

No, URSS wasn't stripped of their titles when they splitted.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:36 am

Don't call me James wrote:How does it even work that France have both a president and a PM? Excuse my ignorance, I don't care much for politics (specially outside of US).

A lot of countries, especially Parliamentary Republics have both but usually one of them has no real power.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:39 am

Pedram wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:How does it even work that France have both a president and a PM? Excuse my ignorance, I don't care much for politics (specially outside of US).

A lot of countries, especially Parliamentary Republics have both but usually one of them has no real power.

Which, in France's case, is the Prime Minister Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:40 am

Doc wrote:I have literally and figuratively no dog in this fight but I too don't see independence in Catalunya's near or distant future. No disrespect to Free or any other person who is currently pushing for it but I just don't see it.

I do think if Ligue 1 is letting Barcelona, they should let me in as well. I demand fair treatment.

I also don't think Trinidad & Tobago can become independent from the United Kingdom. Hard luck.

You mean that League 1 should let you in, as an individual? You'd like to play alone vs. all french clubs and Barça? Razz
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:50 am

free_cat wrote:
Doc wrote:I have literally and figuratively no dog in this fight but I too don't see independence in Catalunya's near or distant future. No disrespect to Free or any other person who is currently pushing for it but I just don't see it.

I also don't think Trinidad & Tobago can become independent from the United Kingdom. Hard luck.

You mean that League 1 should let you in, as an individual? You'd like to play alone vs. all french clubs and Barça? Razz

We became Independent from UK since 1962 and became a Republic in 1976. We told Mole and RG's forefathers (probably grandfather) "to the left, to the left, the box with your shit is to the left".
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Doc wrote:
free_cat wrote:

We became Independent from UK since 1962 and became a Republic in 1976. We told Mole and RG's forefathers (probably grandfather) "to the left, to the left, the box with your shit is to the left".

Well, I'm sorry to tell you that you couldn't do that and it shouldn't have happened. I'm sure the UK will ammend the mistake and invade Trinidad & Tobago soon enough.

It's very funny that everyone is from countries that have become independent, yet they say we catalans can't or won't.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Valls is from catalan descent so obviously he would say such thing but i would just point that despite is heritage he did not go out of his way to move to catalania and to become a full on catalan... He is french, and prime minister i should add lol.

Fact of the matter is he has no control over whether ligue 1 accept catalunia in their league or not, and if they do its basically like france supporting independency movements, which would be pretrt ironic given that they are one of, if noy the biggest colonizers of the past half century, vole wise Laughing Alsace Lorraine would vote to join back with Germany, Corsica would want to become independent too Laughing

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Valls is from catalan descent so obviously he would say such thing but i would just point that despite is heritage he did not go out of his way to move to catalania and to become a full on catalan... He is french, and prime minister i should add lol.

Fact of the matter is he has no control over whether ligue 1 accept catalunia in their league or not, and if they do its basically like france supporting independency movements, which would be pretrt ironic given that they are one of, if noy the biggest colonizers of the past half century, vole wise Laughing Alsace Lorraine would vote to join back with Germany, Corsica would want to become independent too Laughing

I very much doubt that Alsace Lorraine and Corsica would want independence, but if they did, what's the matter? Just let people vote on evreything, by whom they want to be governed too.

In Catalonia we have a small part called Vall d'Aran which has Occitaine culture. They are a very small comunity, but they should have all the right to decide wether to remain in Catalonia, become independnet or what to do. They can't right now because Spain doesn't allow anyone, but once we are independent, they'll get their say.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:59 pm

If Barca moves to another league they should make sure that all the other Catalan clubs are accepted as well
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Barca won't join Ligue1- Laporta

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:04 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:Barca won't join Ligue1- Laporta

Why, Laporta, why.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Corsica is the only one that wants independence... Alsace/Lorraine does not.

The only reason France (and Europe) is against Corsica becoming independent is that it's run by the mafia there. So you would be granting statehood to the mafia lol. If it were coming from normal people, it would have happened by now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:15 pm

Depends on each presidency... Hollande is such an incompetent buffoon that the PM is basically the president right now. Hollande is just a figurehead.

With stronger presidents, the PM only handles the minutia of domestic affairs.

In any case, Valls is very powerful. He will be the opponent of Sarkozy in the next presidentials.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:Corsica is the only one that wants independence...  Alsace/Lorraine does not.  

The only reason France (and Europe) is against Corsica becoming independent is that it's run by the mafia there.   So you would be granting statehood to the mafia lol.  If it were coming from normal people, it would have happened by now.

not only that,  but most people in Corsica don't actually want independence .
it's only the vocal and violent minority that keeps this perception of Corsican separatism .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Depends on each presidency... Hollande is such an incompetent buffoon that the PM is basically the president right now. Hollande is just a figurehead.

With stronger presidents, the PM only handles the minutia of domestic affairs.

In any case, Valls is very powerful. He will be the opponent of Sarkozy in the next presidentials.

Wow.. What kind of constituency is that ?

So there is no defined role for President and PM?

What you say is hard to believe.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:21 pm

So if I am to understand which I am trying to, the PM would run local government (counties, states, provinces, stuff like that) while the President operates central government?

Down here, we have a President of the Republic but it's a ceremonial position of sorts while the PM is the man or woman who literally runs the country.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:39 pm

Well the important thing to know is that the president is elected and then APPOINTS the prime minister.
So usually the prime minister is something like a junior partner in the executive to the president. Right sports?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:49 pm

farfan wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Corsica is the only one that wants independence...  Alsace/Lorraine does not.  

The only reason France (and Europe) is against Corsica becoming independent is that it's run by the mafia there.   So you would be granting statehood to the mafia lol.  If it were coming from normal people, it would have happened by now.

not only that,  but most people in Corsica don't actually want independence .
it's only the vocal and violent minority that keeps this perception of Corsican separatism .

Not that different in Catalunya. The votes in their recent regional election show that. They (the parties openly saying they want independence) got 49% of the votes. That in itself says it is not the majority and certainly not the overwhelming majority they try to proclaim.

And all this is before anyone spells out to the general public what independence will mean. These people have been led to believe they are an economical powerhouse, that they contribute more to Spain than they receive. Neither of these are true, quite the opposite. Their political leaders have been taking billions from them and they think that it's not true exaggerated and accept it. They don't accept that they will have to take with them their burden of the Spanish debt and for sure the amount would astound them, based on the previously mentioned illusions.  They think not being part of EU nor the euro currency will not have any economic effect on them! Just indicates a lack of economic education. They haven't accepted that most large businesses will relocate from Barcelona including a couple of Catalan who have already said they would.

I expect that if they can ever persuade the central government to let them have a true referandum, it will end very much like the separation movements in Scotland and Quebec in Canada.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:49 am

Listen, Futboll_bill, you can stop posting long rants with lie after lie.

Even non-catalans showed you in this thread that Catalonia could keep the euro like Andorra or Montenegro, and yet you keep saying we'd lose the euro.

The spanish minister of the Revenue, Montoro, who is member of the most anti-catalan party PP and antí-independentist, admits that Catalonia contributes at least 8.000 milion Euro net per year to the rest of Spain. That's catalonia's entire yearly health budget or 32 Lionel Messis per year. Here the source.

I can keep rebating all your lies or you can just shut up and stop embarrasing yourself.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Do you have any economic / finance knowledge? Continue with your illusions, your arguments lack any financial basis.

Bottom line is you will be in very poor economic conditions if you ever do get independence, whether you want to accept that or not. And that will have an effect on your beloved Barca.

You seem certain that you are getting your independence, just like you proclaimed the election was all about getting your independence, when in fact it was a regional election with 3 parties saying they would use the election results to pursue getting independence. Which one of us is telling the truth?

Your pursuit continues, but in no way can you say that the independence is definitely happening. It is you and others that keep making your false statements that started this thread in the first place. I'm just correcting the fiction!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum