Lucifer
Lex
urbaNRoots
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Watford vs Arsenal PL 2015/16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Watford vs Arsenal PL 2015/16

Post by Sri Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:09 am

I am a cynic wrt tangibles (results) and a romantic wrt intangibles (style/desire/.. ).

FFS that's a horrible combination. I am beginning to fear for my own mental health and sanity. #SaveMeWenger

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am

T-Mach wrote:I don't know whether we can actually use Barca 2-1 as a game to signify our mental strength.

Anyways I've no probs about losing Bayern as long as we put our best team and they put their best effort.You don't want kids playing against the most lethal attack & end up hearing more of 8-2 mk.2 jokes.

Let's put our best foot forward for the game v Bayern.This'll only add to the momentum and this momentum will spur the players to go the extra mile in the 3 games that El G says as well as the 3 games remaining in the UCL.

The best way to stop our fear of losing our stars to the heavyweights is to show these players that we're no less & that can only happen if you're ready to fight the heavyweights tooth & nail.I guess none of us wanna hear an Arsenal player join an European heavyweight & say he joined them to win UCL.

Word(s).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:23 am

I respect but not agree with view point of not bending backwards and showing true grit and all. competing in Europe and in league is different ball game altogether imo. My point is why put strain on resources just to chase something not so feasible instead of managing them and giving a shot at something more feasible.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:31 am

It's certainly too soon to give up on the CL. If nothing else, we want the joy and confidence boost that could come from beating Bayern. FWIW I think there'll be a couple of changes tomorrow, but not half the team like we did against Zagreb.

All this talk of prioritising is premature. If we can't rely on our squad to get us through some tricky games in November/December while playing CL as well, how can we call ourselves contenders?

There's a game against Sheffield Wednesday in the cup coming up soon. Rest the players then.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:I respect but not agree with view point of not bending backwards and showing true grit and all. competing in Europe and in league is different ball game altogether imo. My point is why put strain on resources just to chase something not so feasible instead of managing them and giving a shot at something more feasible.

I agree that it's a different ball game altogether. However, confidence of a squad is a soft factor which doesn't change from one competition to the other. The human brain can be trained to compartmentalize and deal with different topics in a piecewise fashion. However, that is not a common skill set for the general person - it's like common sense, it is not 'common'. Wink

Also, we are talking of a team which only knows to play one way and struggles when that one way doesn't work, unless someone produces a moment or two of brilliance. Anyway, I digress..

I completely agree with Jay's post.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Losing to Bayern will be demoralizing, I dont care who we face giving up on any game is not professional. These are the games that we all have been waiting for playing against the best.

As long as Wenger plays the strongest team we can beat Bayern at home.

Ospina please please stay away from this game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:There is no shame imo Bayern are best team at moment. My point is even if arsenal doesn't win in Europe and wins the league it wouldn't be worse would it. Better than losing both in Europe and losing momentum in league due to the fatigue.

Losing to Bayern 3 times in a row at home is a shame. Bayern are clear favorites but its about time Arsenal stands up and wins at home against them. We have the quality to beat any team in the world.
If we dont make knock out stage, I dont want EL football.

Watford vs Arsenal PL 2015/16 - Page 3 CRo2M2VWcAAcZr1
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3