El Gunner
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Watford vs Arsenal Empty Watford vs Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:01 pm

After the always too early September international break, Arsenal travel to face training ground neighbors Watford.

Watford vs Arsenal 1043116076.jpg.0

Team news

Alex Lacazette
Left ankle. After assessments to an ongoing ankle issue, we have advised that Alex will need to rest and strengthen his ankle to regain full fitness. Alex has been playing through this injury for several weeks. He is likely to be back in action in October.

Rob Holding
Now back in full training.

Dinos Mavropanos

Hector Bellerin

Kieran Tierney

Emery press conference:

on how he spent the international break…
Good afternoon. Sometimes we need also to rest and we worked here with the players who weren’t with their national teams and after [there were] the players who were in the national teams. That week we were together after Thursday and we worked very well. We are working with our mentality and focus on Sunday with really good spirit.

on Hector and Kieran…
They are now closer to us but they need to continue working and taking training with us for their fitness. They can feel very comfortable coming back to play with us, Kieran Tierney starting and Hector Bellerin coming back after his injury.

on a date for their return…
Not yet, because it depends on their progress for the next weeks and maybe also we can decide to play at the beginning with the under-23s before, to be ready with us. Maybe if they play with the under-23s they can take confidence and better their rhythm and then after play with us 100 per cent.

on if they could return this month…
Really, we need to look at the next steps in each training and also if we decide that they play with the under-23s. But they did that week, the first time training normally with us, and we want in the next week again to take the normality in training with us. I think after that week, we can decide how they are [in terms of] starting to play with the under-23s and with us.

on any other fitness issues…
They are ready.

on Rob Holding…
Rob Holding is in the same situation like Hector and Kieran Tierney, but he earned time and matches with the under-23s and we are going to decide if he can play with the under-23s, because the next week we are going to start in the Europa League, and after we are going to play the Carabao Cup. With more minutes with the under-23s, he can be closer to give us his performance.

on if he is looking forward to having Holding back in the team…
At the moment, we were working with three centre-backs, thinking of Sunday, now four and Rob is now number five and Mavropanos is the sixth for us to think about them for Sunday.

on Nicolas Pepe…
Yes, yes, he is training well and he is ready for Sunday.

on if he’s looking forward to Holding’s return..
Rob is training with us, he is playing with the under-23s in matches and he is very close to playing with us. But when, in each training, if he is going to play with the under-23s then that match is important for him to feel good, to feel comfortable, to feel confident. It’s a possibility that in the next week he could play with us.

on if he is worried about the defence currently…
I think we can improve in all situations: offensively and defensively. Really, we have players and we have more options in the next weeks, and I am optimistic that we can work and we can have players to improve in all things, defence and attack.

on Joe Willock and if he has a big future…
Yes, it’s very good news. He’s young, he has energy he has quality, skill. He is hungry for helping us to be here. It’s a good decision for him and for us.

on VAR and what he makes of the reports of four mistakes…
It’s not my responsibility and I respect their opinion.

on if he likes VAR…
Yes.

on Quique Sanchez Flores being appointed…
They finished with Javi Gracia, they did a very great season last year and now they signed a very great coach also with Quique Sanchez Flores.

on his relationship with Quique Sanchez Flores…
Yes, we played against him and his teams are very organised teams. He has a good experience here also in England, in the Premier League, with adapting with Watford and I respect him a lot.

on if he was surprised to see Gracia go…
It’s football. He’s a very, very great coach.

on how it will change Watford having Quique Sanchez Flores in charge…
I think now he’s going to know the team, the players and he knows some players because he trained them three years ago and I think he is also going to be good also.

on if he is worried about the ‘new manager bounce’…
I really respect every coach. I think now with Quique Sanchez Flores, they are going to continue working well like they were doing with Javi Gracia. We are going to respect them and prepare for the match thinking of us in the beginning and after, respecting them with their characteristics. After, some things can change. Watford are going to be the same in their great spirit like a team and also they are going to push a lot in Watford with their supporters. They have very good players.

on the captaincy situation…
We spoke this morning about that and in the next week we are going to take the decision on the five captains.

on when we will find out about the captaincy group…
We spoke about that with the team this morning and I am going to decide to make it official in the next week.

on if that means we will have a main captain next week…
We have a captain now.

on Dani Ceballos and his future…
Every player when they come to a new competition and a new team, they need some adaptation. He is playing, he played for example in Liverpool and he told us that he knew in that moment how difficult it is to play in the Premier League, above all against a team like Liverpool. That’s good. He recognises he needs that adaptation. In each match, each training, it’s very important for him to adapt faster with us, with the new idea, with the new team and new team-mates and opposing teams. Really, his wish is very important for helping us and giving us his skills and his quality for each training and each match.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Watford vs Arsenal Empty Re: Watford vs Arsenal

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Awful ground for us to go to and new manager bounce is against us.

But we are really a superior team to them and should win this. Hopefully defence will hold up.

I'd start Nelson-Auba-Pepe upfront

Xhaka-Guendouzi-Torreira midfield maybe
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:34 pm

My attack and midfield would be

Nelson ---- Auba ---- Pepe
Ceballos
Guendouzi --- Torreira
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Özil MUST play

gtfo with Nelson, Nelson is terrible and nothing will become of him. Couldn't even cut it at Hoffenheim.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Ozil in an away match?

no thanks

won't mind seeing a narrow 4-4-2 actually with pepe-auba upfront.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:Ozil in an away match?

no thanks

won't mind seeing a narrow 4-4-2 actually with pepe-auba upfront.

hmm

Willock --- Xhaka --- Douzi --- Torreira

think it could work tbh.

Willock and Douzi being the ones who get forward in turns. and trying to put the final balls through to Pepe and Auba. Could be a good shape to have against Watford who is usually strong in midfield.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Cowards
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:00 am

Unfortunately a lot of Arsenal fans are buying into Emery‘s defensive nonsense. It would make sense if it would actually give us results but it hasn‘t.

Expecting to see another line up with 3 defensive midfielders, especially now that Emery isn‘t forced to play all three of our attackers.

Leno
AMN Chambers Sokratis Luiz Kolasinac
Torreira Xhaka Guendouzi
Aubameyang Pepe
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:22 am

Ozil starts
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 am

Leno, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac; Xhaka, Guendouzi, Ceballos, Ozil, Pepe; Aubameyang.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:40 am

Fair enough, that‘s a strong eleven! Let‘s go!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:01 am

Sina wrote:Ceballos in Iwobi Role with Özil #10 Pepe Right and Auba top
-----Torreira--XHAKA
Pepe----Özil----Ceballos
--------Auba

good balance on paper
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:20 am

Love this lineup
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:21 pm

Niles is walking time bomb, dude just casually made mistakes. Ozil is rusty but u can see the class is still there.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:25 pm

I'm physically angry right now,bunch of monkeys playing out there, a total clownfiesta
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:25 pm

lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:28 pm

What improvements?

Let the excuses begin. Same story.

Nearly every Arsenal player has no fucking clue how to play football apparently. They don't seem to know when to run or when to pass, they reach dead ends.

Xhaka being one of the leaders is pathetic, this guy cant play for nuts. Every pass was messed up. If I was Edu or Sanellhi, I would be breathing down Emery's neck.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Sina wrote:from December

Sina wrote:ideal scenario we sneak in to top4 somehow and explore coaching options in the summer but its EL or bust and another season without CL football will be big blow

Emery is 2nd tier coach even if he wins EL i would still look for better coaches and upgrade ASAP

http://www.goallegacy.net/t41826p25-liverpool-v-arsenal#1920107

from February

Sina wrote:Again i repeat what i said before
even if we win EL,Emery is Not worth being given 2nd season
Just don't see where he can take us
Do we want to be Valencia/Sevilla level club?

http://www.goallegacy.net/t41863-manchester-city-vs-arsenal#1926265

Forget Valencia/Sevilla level he is turning us to proper midtable side No
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:31 pm

From here on I‘ll refer to our manager as Bumery.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:35 pm

1. Either Emery has lost the dressing room because the players show zero motivation and desire.
2. The defensive line up was too low and most of the time arsenal invited the pressure and wanted to hit on the counter. Everything was let down by mistakes from every player.

For me auba and Ceballos were the best players rest all of them played like shit

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:36 pm

yea no mates what's the point, again. Same old story. Nothing has changed.

I don't see Emery's style at all, unless it is chopping and changing the midfield and formation every other game. Granted we don't have the complete team yet, but there is some quality in our current crop of players i believe, Emery just doesn't know what to do with them.

I'll see if i still want to watch a game here or there over the season
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Not like it a shcok anymore but still :facepalm:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:26 pm

I've lost patience with Emery. I know I have built-in biases against the guy but his Arsenal are awful and not getting any better.

Today, you would have thought Arsenal were the bottom team and Watford were chasing top four. To be outshot 31-7 is indicative that the approach on the day wasn't working. It's such a worrying statistic that even if Watford hadn't converted the chances Sokratis and Luiz gifted them, and the game ended 2-0, you still wouldn't be happy.

Nor is it the first time it's happened. Burnley outshot Arsenal at the Emirates, for crying out loud. Nobody has conceded more shots than Arsenal in all the top five leagues. That's astonishing for a team supposedly challenging for a Champions League place.

Today, the space in midfield was obscene. Ozil, Pepe and Aubameyang were given freedom to stay up and not come back on defence, leaving a unit of just seven players to deal with Watford's attack. Those three in midfield were stretched all over the park, chasing around Watford's players while their forwards could face up the defenders since they had no protection.

Arsenal didn't even press to compensate for the high positioning of the forwards.

Flip it around, and you'll see the awful offensive problems, too. Just seven shots with the quality of attack Arsenal have is appalling. And again, it all stems from the detachment of the front line. They're high up the pitch while the midfield is chasing back to cover an impossible amount of ground. Then the midfield has to carry it up the pitch to get the attackers in the game.

These were problems last year and they continue to be problems this year despite some personnel changes. On every measure, Emery's Arsenal sucks. They give up too many shots, too many big chances, too many penalties, make too many mistakes, can't consistently create chances for their forwards... they're not getting top four despite being up against the weakest United and Chelsea in ages who both have rookie managers. It's incredible.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Emery has ALWAYS been like this.  He's an ideologue with ZERO pragmatism.  What's worse, he's insecure.

Great manager for teams that are competing for positions 6-10.  But he's not a top 5 coach in any good league.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:32 pm

And Ceballos is not the answer at CM because he can't play defense and he lacks physical strength.... he needs to be a AM but Arsenal have better AMs than him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next